25 weeks ago

Doncaster

I love all forms of cricket, especially the ashes

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"Yessir"
I have 1 question never answer whats the difference with white and red balls and I don't mean whats the difference in rules but as in whats the actual difference or such in degradation and who has best ball English aussies or the indians

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"Cricket fan here "
who do u support i like watching div2

By *he Silver FuxMan
25 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

Yawn…

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"I love all forms of cricket, especially the ashes "
nice i like a odi

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"Love it"
what do u enjoy about it

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

Also has anyone notice the gold they all wear man some have as many as nba players

By (user no longer on site)
25 weeks ago

Yes.

I'm from a cricketing family. I played as a youngster and have had family members who were professional cricketers at the top level and even one was an umpire in test cricket after retiring as a player.

By *oeBeansMan
25 weeks ago

Derby

"Cricket fan here

who do u support i like watching div2"

I don't really watch County cricket but follow how Derbyshire are doing but I support India.

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"Yes.

I'm from a cricketing family. I played as a youngster and have had family members who were professional cricketers at the top level and even one was an umpire in test cricket after retiring as a player. "

very nice is it hard in dying to actually go to the live matches

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"Cricket fan here

I don't really watch County cricket but follow how Derbyshire are doing but I support India."

no not county I mean dive of international with the lower ranked countries such as Nepal and Netherlands or Namibia and west indies ie those not in top 12 or top 15s

By *omCoyoteMan
25 weeks ago

Northern England

"Anyone like cricket?"

I love the game, I still play, and I've found that most cricketers are in the main decent people.

25 weeks ago

"Yes.

I'm from a cricketing family. I played as a youngster and have had family members who were professional cricketers at the top level and even one was an umpire in test cricket after retiring as a player. very nice is it hard in dying to actually go to the live matches "

Cricket is unbelievably difficult sport to play. One of the reasons I stopped playing is because I wasn't very good and facing someone who can actually bowl fast is terrifying. My brother in law was a superb bowler and a decent batsman and his son now is following in his footsteps. Probably good enough for county cricket, but not sure he has the passion.

Live cricket is great. One massive piss-up.

By *rownhotnessMan
25 weeks ago

Cheshire/London/Midlands

Yesss season starts in a few weeks

By *oeBeansMan
25 weeks ago

Derby

"Cricket fan here

I don't really watch County cricket but follow how Derbyshire are doing but I support India.

no not county I mean dive of international with the lower ranked countries such as Nepal and Netherlands or Namibia and west indies ie those not in top 12 or top 15s"

Absolute shade thrown at the West Indies

By *he turned me GreyCouple
25 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Massive cricket fan here; I played for Kent County Schools boys until I was 16

By *irexMan
25 weeks ago

Hertford

Used to play, love watching - test cricket is the best, not only because it’s a great excuse to start drinking at 10am

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"Yes.

I'm from a cricketing family. I played as a youngster and have had family members who were professional cricketers at the top level and even one was an umpire in test cricket after retiring as a player. very nice is it hard in dying to actually go to the live matches

Cricket is unbelievably difficult sport to play. One of the reasons I stopped playing is because I wasn't very good and facing someone who can actually bowl fast is terrifying. My brother in law was a superb bowler and a decent batsman and his son now is following in his footsteps. Probably good enough for county cricket, but not sure he has the passion.

Live cricket is great. One massive piss-up."

ooh it defo looks a piss up thos Friday night southafrica games look like aparty for hours

By *iddlesticksMan
25 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

I love cricket particularly test and county cricket.

I’m a Lancashire supporter.

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"Cricket fan here

no not county I mean dive of international with the lower ranked countries such as Nepal and Netherlands or Namibia and west indies ie those not in top 12 or top 15s

Absolute shade thrown at the West Indies "

no not at all they just fell out the top league they now play Scotland and Ireland and USA etc some smaller such as Nigeria etc

By *heekyGent44Man
25 weeks ago

Northwich

"YessirI have 1 question never answer whats the difference with white and red balls and I don't mean whats the difference in rules but as in whats the actual difference or such in degradation and who has best ball English aussies or the indians"

The red ball has a natural dye. As it gets older by rubbing sweat into it and polishing it, the condition can be maintained as the dye comes out. This feature is used to make it swing. Hence a red ball is used in test cricket. The white ball just gets dirty and it's condition can't be improved by working on it. Generally it needs replacing when it gets hard to see. Best ball, the English Dukes ball, it has a bigger seam!

In Fab terms, red balls respond to bodily fluids being rubbed into them vigorously , white ones don't x

By *wistntwirlCouple
25 weeks ago

Middle Land

Pink balls are the best.

By *2000ManMan
25 weeks ago

Worthing

It's better to play than watch.

By *wistntwirlCouple
25 weeks ago

Middle Land

"It's better to play than watch."

Unless you're crap but then you end up watching rather than playing for most of the time anyway

By *arry001Man
25 weeks ago

Oldbury

Yes will be going to edgebaston for the t20

By *ushandkittyCouple
25 weeks ago

Gloucester

One day members of gloucester here, will be at all the t20s and some of the one day games and if I'm not playing for my local village will try to get to Bristol for some county games, and have t20 finals day tickets booked

By *r Black 85Man
25 weeks ago

nottingham

Love me some cricket

Travelled round the country watching it too

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"YessirI have 1 question never answer whats the difference with white and red balls and I don't mean whats the difference in rules but as in whats the actual difference or such in degradation and who has best ball English aussies or the indians

The red ball has a natural dye. As it gets older by rubbing sweat into it and polishing it, the condition can be maintained as the dye comes out. This feature is used to make it swing. Hence a red ball is used in test cricket. The white ball just gets dirty and it's condition can't be improved by working on it. Generally it needs replacing when it gets hard to see. Best ball, the English Dukes ball, it has a bigger seam!

In Fab terms, red balls respond to bodily fluids being rubbed into them vigorously , white ones don't x"

is that why in end of white ball they are trying super hard to get no due on it as there no way to maintain or fix a white ball compared to aiding that the red ball gives u for later swing and spin bowling

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"One day members of gloucester here, will be at all the t20s and some of the one day games and if I'm not playing for my local village will try to get to Bristol for some county games, and have t20 finals day tickets booked "
yeah always liked cricket but it was the womens games and the 100 that really got me hooked

By *AJMLKTV/TS
25 weeks ago

Burley

Love a gentle game of cricket on a balmy summer's day

By *ools and the brainCouple
25 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Got to love a sticky wicket

By *ushandkittyCouple
25 weeks ago

Gloucester

"One day members of gloucester here, will be at all the t20s and some of the one day games and if I'm not playing for my local village will try to get to Bristol for some county games, and have t20 finals day tickets booked yeah always liked cricket but it was the womens games and the 100 that really got me hooked"

The 16.4 is a travesty of the game, not allowing players to play in the one day Cup in the format england were holders is there any wonder that england did so badly in the last world cup! It's just a money making scheme by the ecb.

By *wistntwirlCouple
25 weeks ago

Middle Land

"One day members of gloucester here, will be at all the t20s and some of the one day games and if I'm not playing for my local village will try to get to Bristol for some county games, and have t20 finals day tickets booked yeah always liked cricket but it was the womens games and the 100 that really got me hooked

The 16.4 is a travesty of the game, not allowing players to play in the one day Cup in the format england were holders is there any wonder that england did so badly in the last world cup! It's just a money making scheme by the ecb."

Hated by old codgers.

Loved by families and kids. (And a few players)

By *oeBeansMan
25 weeks ago

Derby

"One day members of gloucester here, will be at all the t20s and some of the one day games and if I'm not playing for my local village will try to get to Bristol for some county games, and have t20 finals day tickets booked yeah always liked cricket but it was the womens games and the 100 that really got me hooked

The 16.4 is a travesty of the game, not allowing players to play in the one day Cup in the format england were holders is there any wonder that england did so badly in the last world cup! It's just a money making scheme by the ecb."

I try not to be too traditionalist but I agree. How much are we going fundamentally change the game to get more people watching? I've said it's like football doing a 5-a-side pro league to get people to watch the Prem

25 weeks ago

I don't like cricket (Oh no!)

I love it

I don't like cricket (No no!)

I love it

By *wistntwirlCouple
25 weeks ago

Middle Land

"

I try not to be too traditionalist but I agree. How much are we going fundamentally change the game to get more people watching? I've said it's like football doing a 5-a-side pro league to get people to watch the Prem"

Except it's nothing like that because people pay money to watch football. First class cricket and even test cricket is mostly played in near empty stadiums.

Short format cricket is the future, like it or not.

By *oeBeansMan
25 weeks ago

Derby

"

I try not to be too traditionalist but I agree. How much are we going fundamentally change the game to get more people watching? I've said it's like football doing a 5-a-side pro league to get people to watch the Prem

Except it's nothing like that because people pay money to watch football. First class cricket and even test cricket is mostly played in near empty stadiums.

Short format cricket is the future, like it or not."

Or... Maybe they should make cricket more accessible to everyone. The ECB missed a serious trick after the 2005 Ashes when cricket was in the mainstream and then they stopped making test matches free to air. The empty stadiums is just a result of that and for what it's worth, I think T20 and Test matches both have their place in the game.

By *wistntwirlCouple
25 weeks ago

Middle Land

Stadiums were empty long before then. The Ashes is one of the only test series that can sell out stadiums. It'll continue but eventually the multi day formats will be exhibitions.

It isn't realistic for new cricketing countries to be able to play tests.

TV is only a part of the problem. It's still a relatively expensive sport. Most state schools don't play it. The county system is still heavily biased towards public schools etc. etc. etc.

By *heGateKeeperMan
25 weeks ago

Stratford

Chanderpaul

By *oeBeansMan
25 weeks ago

Derby

"Stadiums were empty long before then. The Ashes is one of the only test series that can sell out stadiums. It'll continue but eventually the multi day formats will be exhibitions.

TV is only a part of the problem. It's still a relatively expensive sport. Most state schools don't play it. The county system is still heavily biased towards public schools etc. etc. etc."

I suppose a lot of that though comes from investment into the sport for infrastructure to build good test teams which everyone other than India, Australia and England aren't getting and just flogging the game to be shorter and shorter won't fix that. But do agree that it has some way to go as whole to become more accessible to the public for the reasons you mentioned.

By *ushandkittyCouple
25 weeks ago

Gloucester

I'm not saying short over cricket isn't the future, but 50 amd 20 over game was enough, we didn't need a bastardized version of the game thrust upon us belittling the format that at the time we ruled the world so much that instead of the final being played on a Sunday at Lords, was played on a Thursday at trent Bridge, with the semis being played 3-4 days previously!

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"Got to love a sticky wicket "
see im opposite i hate sticky wickets and tacky surfaces am more a batt and field side and feel in test cricket bowlers have all control

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

yeah its because of so many t20 torments now with season so packed that its kinda decide between international and franchise and everyone pica franchise

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

The 16.4 is a travesty of the game, not allowing players to play in the one day Cup in the format england were holders is there any wonder that england did so badly in the last world cup! It's just a money making scheme by the ecb.

Hated by old codgers.

Loved by families and kids. (And a few players)"

don't get me wrong I like long format to but the best I feel is the south african games they always look like a party regardless of the cricket kinda like darts ie its not for the game but to grow the game

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

I try not to be too traditionalist but I agree. How much are we going fundamentally change the game to get more people watching? I've said it's like football doing a 5-a-side pro league to get people to watch the Prem"

and there is a footsball pro league tho they actually did what u described and its not to grow the prem but to grow grass roots for example I would really be a fan if a didnt see shorter format and what about the west indies and use who only play t10 with is crazy short

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"

Short format cricket is the future, like it or not."

I watched a womens match and I kid u not more players and coaches than there was fans

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"Stadiums were empty long before then. The Ashes is one of the only test series that can sell out stadiums. It'll continue but eventually the multi day formats will be exhibitions.

TV is only a part of the problem. It's still a relatively expensive sport. Most state schools don't play it. The county system is still heavily biased towards public schools etc. etc. etc."

there's a doc on this that shows the smaller nations cant get a seat a table and the system is kept that way so england india and Australia dominate ro take all revenue shares while people say such as Namibia have to find teams to play and do as thos other 3 do or they lose out of the cash from those tours

By *irtym OP   Couple
25 weeks ago

Scotland

"I'm not saying short over cricket isn't the future, but 50 amd 20 over game was enough, we didn't need a bastardized version of the game thrust upon us belittling the format that at the time we ruled the world so much that instead of the final being played on a Sunday at Lords, was played on a Thursday at trent Bridge, with the semis being played 3-4 days previously!"
also your forgetting the franchise are just tournaments they arnt as prestigious as say any tge cups or even and internation league 2 div title

By *dward_TeagueMan
25 weeks ago

wolverhampton

I’m a total cricket geek, I love the game and everything about it.

I played semi-pro for many years and still play for my local club when they’re light on numbers, nothing higher than the thirds these days though!

I’m off to the IT20 at Edgbaston in May and four days of the West Indies test match in July followed by a day at Lords for the Sri Lanka test in August.

By *wistntwirlCouple
25 weeks ago

Middle Land

"I'm not saying short over cricket isn't the future, but 50 amd 20 over game was enough, we didn't need a bastardized version of the game thrust upon us belittling the format that at the time we ruled the world so much that instead of the final being played on a Sunday at Lords, was played on a Thursday at trent Bridge, with the semis being played 3-4 days previously!"

The 50 over format will likely be the first to go. Doesn't seem to be much of a point to it any more.

Post new Message to Thread