Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fellow gardeners?

Jump to newest

By *ries1 OP   Man
25 weeks ago

erdington

Hey all. I have an unused driveway and I want to turn it into greenery. I don’t want just grass nor do I want a wildlife meadow with tall plants. My neighbour has ground coverage which has all sorts of plants like ferns etc. it looks very cottage like and natural. She hasn’t a clue as it’s just what was already there but how do I get what she has. Are there special ground cover seed packets?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ex HolesMan
25 weeks ago

Up North

The easiest way I’d say is to just swap houses

By *andyfloss2000Woman
25 weeks ago

ashford

Best way is to buy small perennials and plant them out will soon bulk up and u can split them or ask neibour for cuttings! In meantime u could grow anuals? X

By *ries1 OP   Man
25 weeks ago

erdington

Funny guy; I wish I could or even nick a whole square meter haha

By *ries1 OP   Man
25 weeks ago

erdington

I’m not very familiar with the different types to plant but definitely worth a shot

By *andyfloss2000Woman
25 weeks ago

ashford

The garden centers have different sections ground cover! Cottage dry gardens etc go have a look! X

By *andyfloss2000Woman
25 weeks ago

ashford

Or make a big rockery? X

By *escourtesMan
25 weeks ago

hereford

Shop around online cheaper than garden centres..

By *andyfloss2000Woman
25 weeks ago

ashford

"Shop around online cheaper than garden centres.."

Allways disappointed with mail order! Love long acres they very cheap x

By *ig_eric_tionMan
25 weeks ago

IPSWICH

"Hey all. I have an unused driveway and I want to turn it into greenery. I don’t want just grass nor do I want a wildlife meadow with tall plants. My neighbour has ground coverage which has all sorts of plants like ferns etc. it looks very cottage like and natural. She hasn’t a clue as it’s just what was already there but how do I get what she has. Are there special ground cover seed packets?"

Ask your neighbour of you can take a few bits/cuttings. Then you'll have exactly what she has.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

East Sussex

Is the driveway concrete or soil?

Is it in full shade, partial shade of full sun?

If your driveway doesn't have the same conditions as your neighbour the same plants won't thrive.

I'd say check out the conditions, Google 'plants for' said conditions and plan your patch according to height of each plant.

Loads of flowers are really easy to grow from seed and some will just need putting in the ground, lot marigolds, sweet peas and dismiss to name a few.

By *iddlesticksMan
25 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"Is the driveway concrete or soil?

Is it in full shade, partial shade of full sun?

If your driveway doesn't have the same conditions as your neighbour the same plants won't thrive.

I'd say check out the conditions, Google 'plants for' said conditions and plan your patch according to height of each plant.

Loads of flowers are really easy to grow from seed and some will just need putting in the ground, lot marigolds, sweet peas and dismiss to name a few.

"

Absolutely agree. Remember it takes time, probably years, make sure the ground work is done, and you’ve got decent drainage.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

East Sussex

^^ pot marigolds that should say

Post new Message to Thread