Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Trying to play it cool...

Jump to newest

By *rill Phil OP   Man
25 weeks ago

Crediton

"The One That Got Away" has suddenly returned to my life. We are trying to put our friendship back together but, within five minutes of seeing her for the first time in four years I have been reminded of how deeply I love this woman!

So here is my query...

Do I immediately attempt to try and rekindle the romance between the two of us, or do I just settle for being her friend?

The reason that I feel I have to do one or the other and not just wait and see what happens, is that there is a very real danger that she might move to London, or continue traveling around the world working on cruise ships.

Obviously I want her to do what she needs to do for her but, I do love her...

So do I leave it as just us being friends and let her go, or do I go for it so she and I may have the greatest love affair of all time?

Answers on a postcard...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *obilebottomMan
25 weeks ago

All over

How do you think she feels?

By *agnar73Man
25 weeks ago

Glasgow

Nah go and blurt it all out and beg her to have you.

‘It’s a fool that plays it cool by making his world a little colder’

By *offiaCoolWoman
25 weeks ago

Kidsgrove

Tell her you love her, but if she doesn't feel the same, you would be very happy if she remained your friend.......

By *illy IdolMan
25 weeks ago

Midlands

Shoot your shot, Phil.

You'll regret it if you don't

By (user no longer on site)
25 weeks ago

"Shoot your shot, Phil.

You'll regret it if you don't "

I agree.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
25 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

You’ll only regret it if you don’t, no matter what the outcome.

By *allandathleticMan
25 weeks ago

Asgard

Tell her. You'll know either way. It takes balls and it takes alot of courage. But, if you don't, you'll forever play the "what if" scenario in your head.

By *entleman JayMan
25 weeks ago

Wakefield

I learnt a few years ago, “don’t die wondering”. Tell her.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
25 weeks ago

North West

Tell her.

By *he Flat CapsCouple
25 weeks ago

Pontypool

I would also say, tell her how you feel. You need to know for your own sanity, and if she has feelings for you, maybe you could work on a compromise? Good luck, OP

By *ot to giggleWoman
25 weeks ago

Coventry

agree - tell her how you feel, or you many not get that opportunity - nothing to be gained from sitting on the fence but splinters - good luck

By *rill Phil OP   Man
25 weeks ago

Crediton

"How do you think she feels? "

How do I think she feels?

Well, I don't know but, the responses here have certainly encouraged me to find out.

We're spending Thursday together so, maybe I'll take my opportunity then.

Scary though!

25 weeks ago

"Tell her you love her, but if she doesn't feel the same, you would be very happy if she remained your friend......."

^^^^

This

By *he Flat CapsCouple
25 weeks ago

Pontypool

"How do you think she feels?

Well, I don't know but, the responses here have certainly encouraged me to find out.

Scary though! "

It is, because it's the unknown. Once you start talking, you'll know where you stand. Fingers crossed for you!

By *rill Phil OP   Man
25 weeks ago

Crediton

Scary though!

It is, because it's the unknown. Once you start talking, you'll know where you stand. Fingers crossed for you! "

Indeed!

We saw each other for the first time on Saturday and it was amazing! We spend the whole evening talking, exchanging cuddles and annoying everyone around us by acting like idiots!

We did kiss when I took her back to her place but, we were both quite d*unk so, I'm not sure what (if anything) that means.

I think I'm gonna do it. Faint heart never won fair maiden after all.

25 weeks ago

It’s always scary telling someone how you feel but feel the fear and do it anyway.

We’re all rooting for you Phil!

By *eliWoman
25 weeks ago

Oh Phil. Best of luck, I hope things go well regardless of the outcome.

By *iss.Bella.Woman
25 weeks ago

North Wales

"Tell her you love her, but if she doesn't feel the same, you would be very happy if she remained your friend.......

^^^^

This"

Exactly. Better to say something now than spend a lifetime wondering what may have been

25 weeks ago

A chance to let the rarest of happiness slip away?…

Dude. Sort yourself out and tell her how you feel.

25 weeks ago

Tell her, and if it doesn’t work then cut her off. If it does work then good news.

You can’t live in limbo forever.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
25 weeks ago

Leeds

"Tell her you love her, but if she doesn't feel the same, you would be very happy if she remained your friend......."

This

Mrs

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

East Sussex

It depends if the fantasy is better than the reality and if she feels the same way you do. Unless you tell her you'll never know .

By *rHotNottsMan
25 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Does she know how you really feel ? I would definitely make sure she knows or you might regret it.

Then if she goes it’s simply not meant to be at least you’ll know. You can be still be friends , most mine are in different countries.

By *arla SwingerWoman
25 weeks ago

Somewhere

Why didn't it happen the first time?

25 weeks ago

""The One That Got Away" has suddenly returned to my life. We are trying to put our friendship back together but, within five minutes of seeing her for the first time in four years I have been reminded of how deeply I love this woman!

So here is my query...

Do I immediately attempt to try and rekindle the romance between the two of us, or do I just settle for being her friend?

The reason that I feel I have to do one or the other and not just wait and see what happens, is that there is a very real danger that she might move to London, or continue traveling around the world working on cruise ships.

So do I leave it as just us being friends and let her go, or do I go for it so she and I may have the greatest love affair of all time?

Answers on a postcard..."

Fab is not an advice centre ask her best of luck

By *rill Phil OP   Man
25 weeks ago

Crediton

"Why didn't it happen the first time? "

Well, there's quite a large age gap and she went to university but also... we originally got together at the beginning of 2020 and obviously with her being at uni in Leeds, and covid and everything... I think it wasn't the right time for us but, now... look. I don't believe in fate but, the timing if her return to my life feels like more than a happy accident.

25 weeks ago

Scary though! "

You need to know either way.

By *rill Phil OP   Man
25 weeks ago

Crediton

"Fab is not an advice centre ask her best of luck"

And yet a great many people ask for advice on many different subjects in the forums.

By *iscean_dreamMan
25 weeks ago

Llanelli

You could tell her but you risk not having her as a friend if she's not interested in more and she then feels awkward around you

By *imi_RougeWoman
25 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Tell her. I've missed opportunities like that and then people have been gone forever. That's the worst feeling!

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
25 weeks ago

St Leonards

Don't tell her - nothing but anguish.

Tell her - it fucks up. It's shit. Aaaannddd...you now have a clearer road ahead.

Tell her - she doesn't give you a clear reply. Confusing, but you can move on.

Tell her - she wants you too. Happy days.

Don't tell her - maybe you enjoy the anguish. Or prefer its discomfort to the discomfort of decisiveness?

By *cLovin2Man
25 weeks ago

Reading

""The One That Got Away" has suddenly returned to my life. We are trying to put our friendship back together but, within five minutes of seeing her for the first time in four years I have been reminded of how deeply I love this woman!

So here is my query...

I realise that you are torn, but frankly it's a foolish question, don't waste your life opining for someone, do everything in your power to get her.

Above all find a way to tell her that you have feelings for her, if she rejects you, so be it. But at least you will not spend your life wondering what if.

By *enrietteandSamCouple
25 weeks ago

Staffordshire

I love your moustache.

I don’t have an opinion on the question.

Good luck

By *oodmessMan
25 weeks ago

yumsville

Do you know the reason why she suddenly appeared Sunday after what seems no contact? She's done her Uni, done cruising, so why now? It's not a rule but things usually turn out by the way of 'an ex is an ex for a reason'. She may have had goals ahead of settling down before but do you know her plans now? I'd find these out before sinking anything long term in

By *ee69Man
25 weeks ago

glasgow

Just go for it , better to shoot and fuck it than never know , or you might get lucky

By *oodmessMan
25 weeks ago

yumsville

*mind you if you don't tell her where you stand she'll never know, and what will you have lost

By *itygamesMan
25 weeks ago

UK

Tell her your on fab...get that bit out the way.

25 weeks ago

Do you really want her or you just saying this.

If in love with her is it OK to flirt with others...

By *red333Man
25 weeks ago

Dorchester

So here is my query...

talk to her its the only way

25 weeks ago

"Fab is not an advice centre ask her best of luck

And yet a great many people ask for advice on many different subjects in the forums. "

And if fab isn’t the advice centre, where is?

…*waits.

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
25 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Fab is not an advice centre ask her best of luck

And yet a great many people ask for advice on many different subjects in the forums.

And if fab isn’t the advice centre, where is?

…*waits. "

Well, when my knob fell off the local leprosy centre were amazing tbh Woody.

I still follow the advice they gave me, and now it only drops off when I'm inside a woman's magickal slurp curtains .

Post new Message to Thread