Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

ghosting

Jump to newest

By *ot to giggle OP   Woman
25 weeks ago

Coventry

So ... why would you arrange to meet someone and then before the meet not bother to message them again?? Surely its ok to say nope changed my mind, cancel? or are you just chasing ? scared? or just a dick? interested to know!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *agnar73Man
25 weeks ago

Glasgow

"So ... why would you arrange to meet someone and then before the meet not bother to message them again?? Surely its ok to say nope changed my mind, cancel? or are you just chasing ? scared? or just a dick? interested to know!"

Oh jeez. Nothing at all?

25 weeks ago

Coventry

"So ... why would you arrange to meet someone and then before the meet not bother to message them again?? Surely its ok to say nope changed my mind, cancel? or are you just chasing ? scared? or just a dick? interested to know!

Oh jeez. Nothing at all?"

nope - organise a date - save the day - or give a time and then disappear completely, no messages, nothing - you can see they have been on line, so they not died!!!

actually a few have messaged a few days later - some never again

By *arla SwingerWoman
25 weeks ago

Somewhere

Cos they can?

By *agnar73Man
25 weeks ago

Glasgow

"So ... why would you arrange to meet someone and then before the meet not bother to message them again?? Surely its ok to say nope changed my mind, cancel? or are you just chasing ? scared? or just a dick? interested to know!

Oh jeez. Nothing at all?

nope - organise a date - save the day - or give a time and then disappear completely, no messages, nothing - you can see they have been on line, so they not died!!!

actually a few have messaged a few days later - some never again "

Honestly?

I was gonna say must be waist deep in women, but WTAF.

25 weeks ago

Coventry

"Cos they can? "

yea they can - just odd behaviour - but then so is your thread too xxx

25 weeks ago

Coventry

Oh jeez. Nothing at all?

Honestly?

"

i kid you not - all true

By *agnar73Man
25 weeks ago

Glasgow

Oh jeez. Nothing at all?

Honestly?

i kid you not - all true"

Sorry I’m back to saying jeez again.

By (user no longer on site)
25 weeks ago

I recently made arrangements with a guy to have a gym workout social. We both attended the same gym company and were local to one another. All seemed fine then out of nowhere he started leaving my messages on read. I soon realised he was ghosting me and blocked him cut my losses. Plenty more fish out there

25 weeks ago

Honestly I think they just got off on the idea of wasting people's time.

By *arla SwingerWoman
25 weeks ago

Somewhere

"Cos they can?

yea they can - just odd behaviour - but then so is your thread too xxx"

Witch

25 weeks ago

Coventry

"Cos they can?

yea they can - just odd behaviour - but then so is your thread too xxx.

Witch"

i mean the behaviour you put in your thread - its odd behaviour - should have been clearer

25 weeks ago

Fab has normalised this type of ignorant behaviour.

By *mmaleiaWoman
25 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

Maybe married?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
25 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"So ... why would you arrange to meet someone and then before the meet not bother to message them again?? Surely its ok to say nope changed my mind, cancel? or are you just chasing ? scared? or just a dick? interested to know!"

Any one on the forum could write at least one hundred possibilities - and even then they'd all be wrong. Only 'he' knows.

It would be more interesting if you could tell us why you think 'they' do it and why it happens to you seemingly often.

There's always two tangoing and each of them is an influence on the other.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
25 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"Fab has normalised this type of ignorant behaviour. "

Only for those that partake in it Woody.... I bet a lot more don't normalise it than do.

Getting a feel for the type of person you are talking to in the first place helps.

Not making yourself available to any old Tom Dick or Harry that does no more than speak to you helps too.

Not being so desperate for male company that you latch on to the delusional attention it can give is also helpful.

25 weeks ago

It's great being female on here, if this was a guy it would be all "well you probably said something to put her off" and "anyone can change their mind anytime" stuff.

Ghosting to me is when someone cuts you off after you've met. Yeah it is a dick move arranging something and then just going quiet. But if it happens a lot op then maybe look at what you're doing or go for a different type of guy.

25 weeks ago

Coventry

"Fab has normalised this type of ignorant behaviour.

Only for those that partake in it Woody.... I bet a lot more don't normalise it than do.

Getting a feel for the type of person you are talking to in the first place helps.

Not making yourself available to any old Tom Dick or Harry that does no more than speak to you helps too.

Not being so desperate for male company that you latch on to the delusional attention it can give is also helpful."

Probably says more about them than me ... definitely not delusional or overly available.... just a thought in the early hours this morning.

Just an observation on a behaviour

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
25 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Fair point.

What does it say about them ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
25 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"I recently made arrangements with a guy to have a gym workout social. We both attended the same gym company and were local to one another. All seemed fine then out of nowhere he started leaving my messages on read. I soon realised he was ghosting me and blocked him cut my losses. Plenty more fish out there "

Bet he said that first when the fish he caught had lycra on and he wanted skin...

I think most people on here wan't sex. I could be wrong.

By *sWyldWoman
25 weeks ago

Edinburgh

People change their minds and perhaps don't feel able to say for worry of the response.

I'm not saying it's right but it happens.

Chalk it up to experience and move on

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman
25 weeks ago

Naughty Lane

I thought it happens only here sad that really.

25 weeks ago

Coventry

"Fair point.

What does it say about them ?"

I think theres a few reasons, enjoy the chase, big themselves up and the reality is not what it appears, they get scared. And more, but not going to spend time on them all.

I was up late and it was a conversation, i move on, i haven't lost anything, i gave nothing in the 1st place.

As i said, observation on behavior

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
25 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Agreed....... enjoy the chase, big themselves up , reality not what it appears....

All good reasons why these things happen

By *iss DevilWoman
25 weeks ago

Bedford

I'm surprised nobody said that yet - the guy had a wank at your expense, OP, fantasising about the meet, shot his load and moved on. Sadly, it's not uncommon on here, guys preferring the fantasy to reality. That's why I only meet anyone new in a club, by chance.

25 weeks ago

Maybe he noticed you had eaten all the biscoff ? Xx

25 weeks ago

Coventry

Maybe he noticed you had eaten all the biscoff ? Xx"

Damm you mean i have to share?

By *iss.Bella.Woman
25 weeks ago

North Wales

They do it because they can. But it doesn't mean they should. A simple no thanks or actually look I've changed my mind, sorry.

If this is where we're heading in terms of dealing with stuff (and I think it is). We're all doomed.

By *iss.Bella.Woman
25 weeks ago

North Wales

That was supposed to be

By *sWyldWoman
25 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I actually think I've ghosted someone on Tinder recently. Not intentionally. We exchanged some messages, loosely arranged to meet for a coffee the following weekend (no day or time as I was going away) and I've just not logged back into the app because life has been busy.

The reality is if I'd been really keen to meet him I would have.

He might think he's been ghosted, I think I've probably saved him from something half hearted.

In reality if people want to they will and if they don't they won't.

By *needabrewMan
25 weeks ago

the hills

This happens a lot. I've been ghosted or blocked by more people who said they wanted to meet than anyone else.

By *partharmonyCouple
25 weeks ago

Ruislip

It happens away from Fab too. It's terrible behaviour.

By *agnar73Man
25 weeks ago

Glasgow

Had reason to think about ghosting recently and also to wonder if I’m needy.

In different messaging mediums, a few people that I’ve sort of left to it after I’d replied last.

I’d like to message with them but just that feeling that they’re not bothered or interested and i’m thinking why chase it or be ‘that person’ sort of thing but feel a bit uneasy about that.

Post new Message to Thread