Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It Came!

Jump to newest

By *rixie_Blonde OP   Woman
26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

My period! Only 5 sweat-inducing days late

How do you handle periods and swinging? Do you keep meeting? If you pause, do you tell potential meets why or is that too intimate? How long do you wait to test if your period is late

Do you like meeting people during their period or do you avoid it like the red plague?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
26 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I don't like to meet new people or partners I know aren't keen on blood when I'm on. Happy to play with those I'm comfortable with who are comfortable with it.

Or, there has been more than one 5 hour cock worshipping session where I really needed to satisfy the oral fixation that really kicks in at that time of the month

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

"I don't like to meet new people or partners I know aren't keen on blood when I'm on. Happy to play with those I'm comfortable with who are comfortable with it.

Or, there has been more than one 5 hour cock worshipping session where I really needed to satisfy the oral fixation that really kicks in at that time of the month "

I don’t meet new play partners when I’m on, because even if they say they are fine with it I have found when it comes to it they may back away from oral which is a really big thing for me.

By *midnight-Woman
26 weeks ago

Omg 5 days late!!

By (user no longer on site)
26 weeks ago

Relived am menopausal now but, it used to bother me big time.

26 weeks ago

I've never been regular in my life so I don't panic.

By *educing_EmCouple
26 weeks ago

Tipperary

"I've never been regular in my life so I don't panic. "

Same, it's a pain in the arse trying to plan anything ahead of time though

By *enrietteandSamCouple
26 weeks ago

Staffordshire

When the red inevitably arrives I embrace it like an old friend.

Tastes great on cornflakes I find.

26 weeks ago

"I've never been regular in my life so I don't panic.

Same, it's a pain in the arse trying to plan anything ahead of time though "

Mine has a habit of coming when I'm on holiday or have plans to meet.

I'm sure I'm cursed.

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

"Omg 5 days late!! "

Yeah, it’s been a fun week

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

"Relived am menopausal now but, it used to bother me big time. "

At my age I’m sure I must be at least peri. I’m torn between wanting to be young and wanting them over with! Lol

By *educing_EmCouple
26 weeks ago

Tipperary

I'm sure I'm cursed.

"

You're not alone on that one and I refuse to let anyone near me when I have it!

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

Same, it's a pain in the arse trying to plan anything ahead of time though "

Right, and meets can act so aggressively, like you had a period on purpose to be mean to them

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

I'm sure I'm cursed.

"

By *eliWoman
26 weeks ago

Joys of PCOS means they're a tad unpredictable (but slowly becoming more stable).

I tend not to meet people during my period. It's slightly irksome because I'm always incredibly sensitive and horny during it. I have met a couple of long term lovers during it before and it was very primal, intense and ridiculously sexy.

New people I wouldn't feel comfortable having penetrative sex or receiving oral during it because there's not that intimacy in place and I'd get in my own head and worry they're not particularly enjoying it. Plus, I'm bloated.

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

I'm sure I'm cursed.

You're not alone on that one and I refuse to let anyone near me when I have it!"

Can I ask why that is? Is it too intimate, or is it because of their reaction?

By *ewcatWoman
26 weeks ago

Berkshire

Owning a uterus in your 40’s is wild. Mine comes when it pleases, my tracking/prediction app has given up. It is currently predicting my period will start between 25th April and 14th May.

I warn regular partners that it has a mind of its own. If my body gives me clues that it’s coming then I change plans but mostly it just arrives in an hideous surprise flood. HRT patches have helped a bit.

By *educing_EmCouple
26 weeks ago

Tipperary

Right, and meets can act so aggressively, like you had a period on purpose to be mean to them"

Yup like I'm supposed to tell my uterus to wait for them, mind you if I have it and they get arsey, chances are I'll end up blocked because I will get mean

By *educing_EmCouple
26 weeks ago

Tipperary

I'm sure I'm cursed.

Can I ask why that is? Is it too intimate, or is it because of their reaction? "

They're horrible since my last baby .

Very heavy, painful and the bloating is ridiculous.

I also get really down and fed up so I'm likely to threaten to cut their willy off.

By *eliWoman
26 weeks ago

Right, and meets can act so aggressively, like you had a period on purpose to be mean to them

Yup like I'm supposed to tell my uterus to wait for them, mind you if I have it and they get arsey, chances are I'll end up blocked because I will get mean "

Sometimes I'm tempted to send a photo of evidence along with the day's copy of The Guardian.

And then I calm down and remember I'm on my period so go and watch Fleabag instead.

26 weeks ago

I'm sure I'm cursed.

"

Sounds just like me when I had them. Nightmare. Bloody thing

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

"Joys of PCOS means they're a tad unpredictable (but slowly becoming more stable).

I tend not to meet people during my period. It's slightly irksome because I'm always incredibly sensitive and horny during it. I have met a couple of long term lovers during it before and it was very primal, intense and ridiculously sexy.

New people I wouldn't feel comfortable having penetrative sex or receiving oral during it because there's not that intimacy in place and I'd get in my own head and worry they're not particularly enjoying it. Plus, I'm bloated. "

Yeah I’m as horny as hell on my period, and it’s really the only time I act a bit Domme and aggressive in sex so some guys love it

26 weeks ago

I truly love a man to have them. I had sex when on it is just blood just maybe not so orgasmic with licking my clit

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

"Owning a uterus in your 40’s is wild. Mine comes when it pleases, my tracking/prediction app has given up. It is currently predicting my period will start between 25th April and 14th May.

I warn regular partners that it has a mind of its own. If my body gives me clues that it’s coming then I change plans but mostly it just arrives in an hideous surprise flood. HRT patches have helped a bit."

Yeah I’m waiting for this, like this 5 day delay does that mean menopause is starting????

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

I'm sure I'm cursed.

I also get really down and fed up so I'm likely to threaten to cut their willy off."

HAHA yes on some level I love that, it’s the time when all the polite social bs falls away and I just tell them how it is lol

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

I'm sure I'm cursed.

I also get really down and fed up so I'm likely to threaten to cut their willy off."

I’m sorry they are so painful and horrid for you now xx

By *eliWoman
26 weeks ago

"Joys of PCOS means they're a tad unpredictable (but slowly becoming more stable).

New people I wouldn't feel comfortable having penetrative sex or receiving oral during it because there's not that intimacy in place and I'd get in my own head and worry they're not particularly enjoying it. Plus, I'm bloated.

Yeah I’m as horny as hell on my period, and it’s really the only time I act a bit Domme and aggressive in sex so some guys love it"

Yes! Why does that happen? I'm switchy but always more dominant during it. The last time I met a long term lover whilst on we ended up with my hand over his mouth as I rode him until he came. Apparently like a woman possessed. Zero shame.

By *ewcatWoman
26 weeks ago

Berkshire

"Owning a uterus in your 40’s is wild. Mine comes when it pleases, my tracking/prediction app has given up. It is currently predicting my period will start between 25th April and 14th May.

I warn regular partners that it has a mind of its own. If my body gives me clues that it’s coming then I change plans but mostly it just arrives in an hideous surprise flood. HRT patches have helped a bit.

Yeah I’m waiting for this, like this 5 day delay does that mean menopause is starting???? "

My menopause Doc said most women from 35 onwards would benefit from HRT. I’m in peri it took the doctors a year to agree I was in peri then another year before I got to see the menopause doc for the correct HRT levels. According to the dr peri starts way before most women realise it does.

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

"I truly love a man to have them. I had sex when on it is just blood just maybe not so orgasmic with licking my clit"

I get a real horny kick from seeing him come back up with a thick red line of his chin. I guess it’s “evidence of act” thing, because I wouldn’t find it horny if he arrived at the meet looking like that haha

By *imply DeeWoman
26 weeks ago

Wherever

Having a VERY regular periods at my age and endometriosis is a curse of my Fab life. My periods are now every 21 days and I have a week of endo pain before, week during and the worst kind of pain - yes you guessed it - a week after. Simple maths shows I’m basically unable to have sex so I came to terms with it and just waiting till the whole shit show is over.

I aim for reasonably good 2026

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

"I truly love a man to have them. I had sex when on it is just blood just maybe not so orgasmic with licking my clit"

Have you watched those vids where men are put on the machine that induces period style cramps?

By *educing_EmCouple
26 weeks ago

Tipperary

Yup like I'm supposed to tell my uterus to wait for them, mind you if I have it and they get arsey, chances are I'll end up blocked because I will get mean

Sometimes I'm tempted to send a photo of evidence along with the day's copy of The Guardian.

And then I calm down and remember I'm on my period so go and watch Fleabag instead. "

I love this level of violence

26 weeks ago

I suffered really badly as I have endometriosis and was so happy when I had a hysterectomy.

Life does get better after and I’m no longer taking HRT which just made my menopause worse and now on herbal medicine instead which suits me oh so much more.

By *lueLotusWoman
26 weeks ago

the wilderness

Love that there's no men on this thread haha

I usually cry off a date if I'm on my period just because I don't feel like it, but when I was going to clubs abroad I was a bit worried I'd spend a load of money booking flights accommodation etc not to mention time off (my periods are irregular) so I googled and found tampon sponges (beppy) that ppl use when they're on. I got some and have only used them twice but they worked very well! I told the guys because I wanted to know could they feel it, they said they couldn't.

By *na64Woman
26 weeks ago

Manchester

I warn regular partners that it has a mind of its own. If my body gives me clues that it’s coming then I change plans but mostly it just arrives in an hideous surprise flood. HRT patches have helped a bit."

Being in peri has made them all over the place, it’s like it waits for my meets to arrive to say “here I am!”

With regulars it’s fine we can go ahead. But I’m like others in this chat. Its awkward with a new person, they say they’re fine with it, but rarely are

By *na64Woman
26 weeks ago

Manchester

"Love that there's no men on this thread haha

I usually cry off a date if I'm on my period just because I don't feel like it, but when I was going to clubs abroad I was a bit worried I'd spend a load of money booking flights accommodation etc not to mention time off (my periods are irregular) so I googled and found tampon sponges (beppy) that ppl use when they're on. I got some and have only used them twice but they worked very well! I told the guys because I wanted to know could they feel it, they said they couldn't. "

I’ve got some of these, but have heard stories about not being able to get them out. Have you had any issues like this?

By *na64Woman
26 weeks ago

Manchester

"I suffered really badly as I have endometriosis and was so happy when I had a hysterectomy.

Life does get better after and I’m no longer taking HRT which just made my menopause worse and now on herbal medicine instead which suits me oh so much more. "

Can I ask a personal question about the hysterectomy? Feel free not to answer if you think inappropriate, did your sex drive dampen? I have fibroids and am seriously considering getting one. But feel anxious about losing this part of my life

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

"Having a VERY regular periods at my age and endometriosis is a curse of my Fab life. My periods are now every 21 days and I have a week of endo pain before, week during and the worst kind of pain - yes you guessed it - a week after. Simple maths shows I’m basically unable to have sex so I came to terms with it and just waiting till the whole shit show is over.

I aim for reasonably good 2026 "

I’m sorry to hear you’re in so much pain, I can only imagine how much that must suck right now. But you’re right, it *will* end

26 weeks ago

Perimenopause is playing havoc with my period sometimes early other times late and some months it disappears on holiday lol dang it

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

"I suffered really badly as I have endometriosis and was so happy when I had a hysterectomy.

Life does get better after and I’m no longer taking HRT which just made my menopause worse and now on herbal medicine instead which suits me oh so much more. "

I’m glad things are feeling a bit better for you. Can I ask how you looked into the herbal medicine? Do you see a practitioner?

26 weeks ago

I usually cry off a date if I'm on my period just because I don't feel like it, but when I was going to clubs abroad I was a bit worried I'd spend a load of money booking flights accommodation etc not to mention time off (my periods are irregular) so I googled and found tampon sponges (beppy) that ppl use when they're on. I got some and have only used them twice but they worked very well! I told the guys because I wanted to know could they feel it, they said they couldn't. "

They shy away when seeing red flags. Not a subject they love discussing or sympathetic on I guess could be wrong with all the husbands here

By *lueLotusWoman
26 weeks ago

the wilderness

I usually cry off a date if I'm on my period just because I don't feel like it, but when I was going to clubs abroad I was a bit worried I'd spend a load of money booking flights accommodation etc not to mention time off (my periods are irregular) so I googled and found tampon sponges (beppy) that ppl use when they're on. I got some and have only used them twice but they worked very well! I told the guys because I wanted to know could they feel it, they said they couldn't.

I’ve got some of these, but have heard stories about not being able to get them out. Have you had any issues like this?"

The last time I used it the guy had a really big long cock and I was worried it'd be jammed up there, and then sure enough I couldn't feel it when I went to get it! But luckily I'd had that experience before with the first time I tried a moon cup so I didn't panic and just beared down like you're supposed to do, as if you're trying to give birth, and sure enough it popped down enough to hook it out.

Also I remember having to get my cervix injected to open it to get my coil in, so I figured there's no way it could get through my cervix and into my womb anyway. So there's really nowhere it could go.

So no I personally wouldn't worry about it but that's just my experience....

By *ot manMan
26 weeks ago

long eaton

In be happy to have fun with any woman that’s on her period it doesn’t bother me at all

By *eliWoman
26 weeks ago

"I’ve got some of these, but have heard stories about not being able to get them out. Have you had any issues like this?

The last time I used it the guy had a really big long cock and I was worried it'd be jammed up there, and then sure enough I couldn't feel it when I went to get it! But luckily I'd had that experience before with the first time I tried a moon cup so I didn't panic and just beared down like you're supposed to do, as if you're trying to give birth, and sure enough it popped down enough to hook it out.

Also I remember having to get my cervix injected to open it to get my coil in, so I figured there's no way it could get through my cervix and into my womb anyway. So there's really nowhere it could go.

So no I personally wouldn't worry about it but that's just my experience.... "

Beppy sponges are brilliant! Another one who hasn't had any issues with removal of them.

If they're particularly endowed or have really fucked it up there (can't think of a politer way to type that), I'll have a bath and it's easier to get out than just standing there and trying to remove it whilst dry.

By *toC Thats MeWoman
26 weeks ago

Sheffield

Beppy sponges and tranexamic acid have been life savers for me.

By *lueLotusWoman
26 weeks ago

the wilderness

"My period! Only 5 sweat-inducing days late

How do you handle periods and swinging? Do you keep meeting? If you pause, do you tell potential meets why or is that too intimate? How long do you wait to test if your period is late

Do you like meeting people during their period or do you avoid it like the red plague? "

To answer this, I usually tell my meets why if I feel like I'd still like to meet them anyway because it could be that they're not bothered.

By *ir kinkyMan
26 weeks ago

munster

Just tell the potential meet, 99 times out of 100 he won’t be bothered about it

By *lueLotusWoman
26 weeks ago

the wilderness

"I’ve got some of these, but have heard stories about not being able to get them out. Have you had any issues like this?

Beppy sponges are brilliant! Another one who hasn't had any issues with removal of them.

If they're particularly endowed or have really fucked it up there (can't think of a politer way to type that), I'll have a bath and it's easier to get out than just standing there and trying to remove it whilst dry."

A bath sounds wayyy nicer than trying to give birth to it lol thanks for the tip

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
26 weeks ago

Markfield

"or have really fucked it up there (can't think of a politer way to type that)"

This just made me snort with laughter! Thank you Meli!

26 weeks ago

Mirena and Menopause = no periods

By *na64Woman
26 weeks ago

Manchester

I’ve got some of these, but have heard stories about not being able to get them out. Have you had any issues like this?

So no I personally wouldn't worry about it but that's just my experience.... "

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

"Mirena and Menopause = no periods "

I had a bad experience with the mirena. I had it for 18 months and was in low grade pain all the time, it felt like my period was just about to start, but the strings were in place so the GP was telling me I was being over sensitive and nothing was wrong.

Eventually got them to give me an ultrasound, and the mirena had fallen and was embedded in to my cervix, it must have happened early so the strings curled into the correct place. It should have been picked up though, as the dr who removed the mirena mentioned how I didn’t have periods and I was like “no I have a 28 day cycle” and she said, that should have told your gp straight away that the mirena wasn’t working - but no one bloody asked!

By *hekaiserMan
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

Do you like meeting people during their period or do you avoid it like the red plague? "

I wish I could cum....late...1 min man here

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

Do you like meeting people during their period or do you avoid it like the red plague?

I wish I could cum....late...1 min man here "

5 days would be a bit much though, surely lol

26 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

If they're particularly endowed or have really fucked it up there (can't think of a politer way to type that), I'll have a bath and it's easier to get out than just standing there and trying to remove it whilst dry."

I love this, women sharing with women! Gotta say, I didn’t learn how to use tampons until my first swinging platonic-friend taught me

By *lueLotusWoman
26 weeks ago

the wilderness

"Mirena and Menopause = no periods

I had a bad experience with the mirena. I had it for 18 months and was in low grade pain all the time, it felt like my period was just about to start, but the strings were in place so the GP was telling me I was being over sensitive and nothing was wrong.

Eventually got them to give me an ultrasound, and the mirena had fallen and was embedded in to my cervix, it must have happened early so the strings curled into the correct place. It should have been picked up though, as the dr who removed the mirena mentioned how I didn’t have periods and I was like “no I have a 28 day cycle” and she said, that should have told your gp straight away that the mirena wasn’t working - but no one bloody asked!"

I have a mirena and still get periods, just now they're irregular and a million times lighter.

I had a similar experience with my first mirena, it was painful like you say, a constant pain in my left side, and always bleeding after sex. The strings were fine too, had an ultrasound, it had fallen down. I made the decision to try another one as I couldn't go back to the heavy periods I was constantly anaemic and was having to get iron injections before so I gave the mirena another go and I'm happy to say it seems to be working this time, about a year later.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
26 weeks ago

ashford

I've only ever been in a relationship whilst I had my periods! I didn't start this lifestyle till I was 60 x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
26 weeks ago

little house on the praire

Not had a period since I was 31 thanks to the coil. But those days are long over now at 59

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
26 weeks ago

Markfield

I’ve found this really interesting. Thank you op x

The type of pill I am on means I don’t get any breakthrough bleeding so this hasn’t been an issue for me for many years, however when I first started meeting guys from online in the noughties I was on a different type of pill and couldn’t always coordinate the break to avoid meeting up.

But I was just honest and explained and put a towel down (or they did) and would still have full sex and oral x

One lovely guy who was hosting even ran a bath for me ready and waiting as I’d literally started (unexpectedly) bleeding during the journey there. What a gent!

By *lirtyfun123Woman
26 weeks ago

essex

I’m on the pill so don’t get periods and absolutely love it

By *toC Thats MeWoman
26 weeks ago

Sheffield

Interesting to read others issues with the mirena coil. Mine was fine until last year and now having heavy and frequent periods.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
26 weeks ago

North West

I cancelled mine for the time being. But that comes with its own problems. We've never been able to plan due to completely irregular and often horrifically heavy periods.

25 weeks ago

"

Quite nice to see the "Sisters before misters" on this thread.

But to answer the OP. I don't mind, I won't be licking more than just the clit. And it's messy, but feels great. Looks like a warzone, and its super sexy that my partner could share in that intimacy without being prudish or concerned, so just take a shower and be careful not to get it everywhere.

25 weeks ago

I'm on the pill do I can control it so don't need to worry. If I ever had an unplanned spill I'd just let them know I had an unexpected vistor and call it off, we are all adults after all.

25 weeks ago

Life does get better after and I’m no longer taking HRT which just made my menopause worse and now on herbal medicine instead which suits me oh so much more.

Can I ask a personal question about the hysterectomy? Feel free not to answer if you think inappropriate, did your sex drive dampen? I have fibroids and am seriously considering getting one. But feel anxious about losing this part of my life"

It was a bit uncomfortable to begin with but I got use to it lol

Sex seemed to get better and better,

I’ve made sure to keep up with my pelvic exercises as these are really important.

Now in my fifties and I just can’t get enough and I’m more open and want to experience more kink .

Hope that helps

25 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 07/04/24 07:45:55]

25 weeks ago

I’m glad things are feeling a bit better for you. Can I ask how you looked into the herbal medicine? Do you see a practitioner? "

I did some research and my local health food shop has been an absolutely godsend

I’m now taking MenoFriend that you can buy on line and in shops

I’m a totally different person since I’ve been on it and have obviously ditched the HRT, happy days

By *hekaiserMan
25 weeks ago

Glasgow

I wish I could cum....late...1 min man here

5 days would be a bit much though, surely lol "

True...but to be able to fuck for more than a minute..that would be a dream

By *na64Woman
25 weeks ago

Manchester

Can I ask a personal question about the hysterectomy? Feel free not to answer if you think inappropriate, did your sex drive dampen? I have fibroids and am seriously considering getting one. But feel anxious about losing this part of my life

It was a bit uncomfortable to begin with but I got use to it lol

Sex seemed to get better and better,

I’ve made sure to keep up with my pelvic exercises as these are really important.

Now in my fifties and I just can’t get enough and I’m more open and want to experience more kink .

Hope that helps "

Thank you it really does help. I’m smiling for you as I’m reading this. Love that you’re experiencing new things. Glad to hear there’s a chance this part of my life won’t be over.

Ad yes agree the pelvic exercises are so important

By *na64Woman
25 weeks ago

Manchester

Thank you for starting this thread OP

It’s really refreshing and informative to hear everyone’s thoughts on Minerva, Sex and periods

Post new Message to Thread