Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sympathy for the Apprentice

Jump to newest

By *tephTV67 OP   TV/TS
26 weeks ago

Cheshire

So I’m watching the new series of The Apprentice and previously I used to dislike the candidates with their bragging, youthful good looks and charisma

However I am finding that I’m becoming more sympathetic with them now. Karen and Tim with their snide comments, Sugar with his Lord stuff and even the buyers or brand experts judging their work come across as harsh on the candidates.

They’re expected to create, advertise and learn new skills quickly, often done quite well. I have sat there in the past highly critical of those who take part but I am now changing my mind.

Am I going soft or do they deserve their criticism, or is the series just boring now ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aomilatteCouple
26 weeks ago

Midlands

It's an entertainment show and we love it. Personally we don't take it too seriously. Many have done well with media work afterwards and good luck to them.

By *a LunaWoman
26 weeks ago

South

I find Lord Sugar quite funny. He’s very, very, dry.

I think if you go on there then you know what you’re in for.

By *ndisMan
26 weeks ago

Liverpool

You are going soft, they are a bunch of bafoons, each series they seem to get a little bit dumber and worse at the tasks. I mean they must have watched the previous series so they should have a better understanding of what they need to do and what's expected.

By *layfullsamMan
26 weeks ago

Solihull

"So I’m watching the new series of The Apprentice and previously I used to dislike the candidates with their bragging, youthful good looks and charisma

However I am finding that I’m becoming more sympathetic with them now. Karen and Tim with their snide comments, Sugar with his Lord stuff and even the buyers or brand experts judging their work come across as harsh on the candidates.

They’re expected to create, advertise and learn new skills quickly, often done quite well. I have sat there in the past highly critical of those who take part but I am now changing my mind.

Am I going soft or do they deserve their criticism, or is the series just boring now ? "

They deserve all the criticism they get, they have to be selected for their incompetence because in no way are these Britain best business people.

Should drop them off naked with no possessions in mid Scotland and then they make there way to London say 6 months later with what they’ve accomplished along the way (without cheating)

By *adCherriesCouple
26 weeks ago

Cheshire/Northwest

I feel they are much softer with them nowadays especially with Alan sugar saying keep on touch etc.

You can definitely tell who's businesses have been bought by mummy and daddy as some seem utterly clueless.

Mrs

By *tephTV67 OP   TV/TS
26 weeks ago

Cheshire

"So I’m watching the new series of The Apprentice and previously I used to dislike the candidates with their bragging, youthful good looks and charisma

Am I going soft or do they deserve their criticism, or is the series just boring now ?

They deserve all the criticism they get, they have to be selected for their incompetence because in no way are these Britain best business people.

Should drop them off naked with no possessions in mid Scotland and then they make there way to London say 6 months later with what they’ve accomplished along the way (without cheating)"

the naked thing maybe not, but the programme idea, I’d definitely watch it.

By *layfullsamMan
26 weeks ago

Solihull

Should drop them off naked with no possessions in mid Scotland and then they make there way to London say 6 months later with what they’ve accomplished along the way (without cheating)

the naked thing maybe not, but the programme idea, I’d definitely watch it. "

Just lingerie then

By *tephTV67 OP   TV/TS
26 weeks ago

Cheshire

the naked thing maybe not, but the programme idea, I’d definitely watch it.

Just lingerie then "

compromise and negotiation, you should be on the next series

By *ophieslutTV/TS
26 weeks ago

Central

"I feel they are much softer with them nowadays especially with Alan sugar saying keep on touch etc.

You can definitely tell who's businesses have been bought by mummy and daddy as some seem utterly clueless.

Mrs "

I generally feel that they're much softer on them and that the caliber is perhaps lower too.

Post new Message to Thread