Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Long distance relationship

Jump to newest

By *ittle miss sunshine OP   Woman
26 weeks ago

south sheilds

Gah I seem to of gotten my self in to a long distant relationship. I’m uk he’s America so it’s not like I can just pop over for some fun.

I really like him and he really likes me (so he says) we always talking to each other

I have needs that he encourages me to fulfill as long as it’s done in a safe , sane Consuel way.

Ugh don’t even know why I’m posting guess I just wanna to get it off my chest

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ellinever70Woman
26 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Have you met in person yet?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

26 weeks ago

East Sussex

Like a pen pal?

26 weeks ago

south sheilds

"Have you met in person yet?"

Nope but we have video called

It’s only been 4 weeks since we decided to give it a go we working on one of us visiting the other.

But honestly I think it’s a fantasy that won’t happen

26 weeks ago

south sheilds

"Like a pen pal?"

Pretty much

By *ellinever70Woman
26 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"Have you met in person yet?

Nope but we have video called

It’s only been 4 weeks since we decided to give it a go we working on one of us visiting the other.

But honestly I think it’s a fantasy that won’t happen "

Yes, I can see why you would think that

By *ad NannaWoman
26 weeks ago

East London

It is difficult when your brain gives you feelings towards someone you can't have.

I'm in a similar situation only he's now nearer but his long term plans involve going back to the US to work permanently.

I'd be able to visit him, but the long flight would be a major problem; especially with me flying alone.

For now, we're looking at meeting up in the summer, possibly in Tenerife as he has friends there he wants to visit again, and the climate there will be good for my health.

I'm prepared for us to just be friends, who occasionally meet up, and I'm mentally prepared for when he meets someone to settle down with, in the US.

Enjoy what you have, while you have it.

By *issmorganWoman
26 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I think it won't be easy, but you can still keep in touch and see how it goes.At least you've done video chats, so you know he's real, unlike all those on catfish!.

You're not losing anything if you're still able to meet people in the meantime.

26 weeks ago

south sheilds

"Like a pen pal?"

Pretty much yeah, but it feels more. I definitely feel a spark between us we have so much in common

But I’ve got major trust issues due to drama

Why does life have to be so difficult

By *a LunaWoman
26 weeks ago

South

LDR are great if you’ve got the money to go schlepping about the place, otherwise slightly soul destroying.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

26 weeks ago

East Sussex

"It is difficult when your brain gives you feelings towards someone you can't have.

I'm in a similar situation only he's now nearer but his long term plans involve going back to the US to work permanently.

I'd be able to visit him, but the long flight would be a major problem; especially with me flying alone.

For now, we're looking at meeting up in the summer, possibly in Tenerife as he has friends there he wants to visit again, and the climate there will be good for my health.

I'm prepared for us to just be friends, who occasionally meet up, and I'm mentally prepared for when he meets someone to settle down with, in the US.

Enjoy what you have, while you have it."

A sensible approach if you ask me.

By *ad NannaWoman
26 weeks ago

East London

"LDR are great if you’ve got the money to go schlepping about the place, otherwise slightly soul destroying."

Even with the money it's travelling alone I'm struggling with.

By *uietbloke67Man
26 weeks ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"Like a pen pal?

Pretty much yeah, but it feels more. I definitely feel a spark between us we have so much in common

Why does life have to be so difficult "

Enjoy it, enjoy the conversations around cultural differences, political views, growing up etc.

I've spoken to a few from other continents and it is very interesting, always dressed though.

As the above says though just be careful.

26 weeks ago

south sheilds

"I think it won't be easy, but you can still keep in touch and see how it goes.At least you've done video chats, so you know he's real, unlike all those on catfish!.

You're not losing anything if you're still able to meet people in the meantime. "

He’s poly. So he has a couple of partners out there

Honestly don’t know he makes time for everyone but he does and that’s amazing.

I’m falling in love with this man

By *ad NannaWoman
26 weeks ago

East London

"It is difficult when your brain gives you feelings towards someone you can't have.

Enjoy what you have, while you have it.

A sensible approach if you ask me. "

It can be frustrating when you can't physically touch someone, or do things with them. You have to be realistic about what you have and what you want.

I like the feelings and memories of being with him I have, and I'm prepared for when we move on.

My outlook on life is now to do some things for myself and enjoy each day, because it could be my last..

26 weeks ago

south sheilds

"LDR are great if you’ve got the money to go schlepping about the place, otherwise slightly soul destroying.

"

Yeah travelling to the other side of the world is not something my anexity would allow me to do

By *viatrixWoman
26 weeks ago

Redhill

The husband and I met online when it was definitely not cool to meet online. 25 years ago.

Same- trasatlantic relationship. Time difference didnt help either. 1 year in we knew one of us had to move if things were going to progress. Otherwise it’s just a friendship I think.

Most of my relationships have been online but I always met in person before deciding to progress to a relationship.

A LDR can really gnaw at you…

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

26 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Like a pen pal?

Why does life have to be so difficult "

I don't think this is difficult to be honest, if you see it for what it is in the present. You're having some great conversations with a guy you really like. He lives a very long way away, meeting isn't easy and meeting often even less so. Unless one of you moves not much will come if it that you can build on.

By *ad NannaWoman
26 weeks ago

East London

"LDR are great if you’ve got the money to go schlepping about the place, otherwise slightly soul destroying.

Yeah travelling to the other side of the world is not something my anexity would allow me to do"

I'm struggling with just getting to the airport and getting a flight on my own.

He did say he would fly to London and then we fly together, but that's a waste of money.

I have a few months to psyche myself up and plan the journey to the airport, once I know where I'm flying from.

26 weeks ago

south sheilds

"The husband and I met online when it was definitely not cool to meet online. 25 years ago.

Same- trasatlantic relationship. Time difference didnt help either. 1 year in we knew one of us had to move if things were going to progress. Otherwise it’s just a friendship I think.

Most of my relationships have been online but I always met in person before deciding to progress to a relationship.

A LDR can really gnaw at you… "

It really is because i really like him .

He’s a Dom I’m a sub and he’s answered all my vetting questions in a way no one else ever has

Most men think because I’m sub tht automatically gives them authority over me . Nope absolutely not.

My American boy doesn’t give me orders he gives me suggestions and it’s nice

26 weeks ago

south sheilds

Yeah travelling to the other side of the world is not something my anexity would allow me to do

He did say he would fly to London and then we fly together, but that's a waste of money.

I have a few months to psyche myself up and plan the journey to the airport, once I know where I'm flying from. "

Perhaps visit the airport a couple of times before the big day ?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

26 weeks ago

East Sussex

I have a few months to psyche myself up and plan the journey to the airport, once I know where I'm flying from. "

Getting to the airport is by far the worst part of any plane journey.

By *uietbloke67Man
26 weeks ago

I have a few months to psyche myself up and plan the journey to the airport, once I know where I'm flying from.

Getting to the airport is by far the worst part of any plane journey. "

Dunno I'm only 14 minutes from mine lol... have a lovely day

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

26 weeks ago

East Sussex

Dunno I'm only 14 minutes from mine lol... have a lovely day"

lucky you!

By *orthernJayMan
26 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

As others have said, enjoy what the LDR is giving you and live in the here and now; I’d also agree that being safe online is a good shout, doing and/or saying anything you wouldn’t want in the public domain is a fine line.

Without raining on your parade in any way, I would tell you that relocating to the States is nigh on impossible nowadays; it’s a very difficult and long process. I move people for a living and America is arguably the most difficult right now of anywhere else in the western world.

Be well OP x

By *uietbloke67Man
26 weeks ago

Dunno I'm only 14 minutes from mine lol... have a lovely day

lucky you!"

I know it's great, 12 quid in a taxi and that includes the stupid drop off fee.

I do though appreciate what your saying having flown in and out out Gatwick, its a feckin nightmare to get to.

26 weeks ago

south sheilds

"As others have said, enjoy what the LDR is giving you and live in the here and now; I’d also agree that being safe online is a good shout, doing and/or saying anything you wouldn’t want in the public domain is a fine line.

Without raining on your parade in any way, I would tell you that relocating to the States is nigh on impossible nowadays; it’s a very difficult and long process. I move people for a living and America is arguably the most difficult right now of anywhere else in the western world.

Be well OP x"

Realistically I couldn’t relocate to the us

I have a family here but they are now 18 and 14

By *oodmessMan
26 weeks ago

yumsville

"The husband and I met online when it was definitely not cool to meet online. 25 years ago.

He’s a Dom I’m a sub and he’s answered all my vetting questions in a way no one else ever has

Most men think because I’m sub tht automatically gives them authority over me . Nope absolutely not.

My American boy doesn’t give me orders he gives me suggestions and it’s nice "

You know there are tools like chatGPT, he could well tailor any answers through traits you've already said to him. A bit like applying for a job advert and asking it to give best reply.

Aside from that, there's 1000's on fab that no doubt like a good natter

26 weeks ago

south sheilds

My American boy doesn’t give me orders he gives me suggestions and it’s nice

You know there are tools like chatGPT, he could well tailor any answers through traits you've already said to him. A bit like applying for a job advert and asking it to give best reply.

Aside from that, there's 1000's on fab that no doubt like a good natter

"

I know … that’s what my trust issues say ….. every thing he’s told me to tho has come from him.

And it’s like Damn yes me to me to.

I don’t want it to be another trauma bond but I’m also not 100 percent certain on what I want us to be

By (user no longer on site)
26 weeks ago

Is he in prison ?

26 weeks ago

south sheilds

"Is he in prison ? "

Lmao no he’s not in prison.

I’ve met his mom and his dad (obviously on a call) and I’ve met a couple of his brothers he’s the eldest of 13 I guess his parents didn’t have a tv

By *ad NannaWoman
26 weeks ago

East London

Perhaps visit the airport a couple of times before the big day ? "

It's too far away for that.

By *rHotNottsMan
26 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I’ve tried it and it’s so hard even being 7 hours away and having up to 90 days in the uk. I know other people who manage it though seeing each other in person just 2-4 times a year

26 weeks ago

south sheilds

"I’ve tried it and it’s so hard even being 7 hours away and having up to 90 days in the uk. I know other people who manage it though seeing each other in person just 2-4 times a year"

We are opposite sides of the world

Post new Message to Thread