Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

If they wanted to..

Jump to newest

By *agnar73 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

They would.

Nothing specific but thinking it’d be good to hear from someone, but that I texted/messaged last.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iscean_dreamMan
26 weeks ago

Llanelli

They will message if they want to I'm sure

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

26 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Don't stress it OP.

When I don't hear back from people I just put it down to their phone being swallowed by a passing blue whale, them accidentally dropping it in a canal...or them being abducted by aliens and being out of a signal zone.

Far more likely than them not actually wanting to reply to me. Just that they can't.

By *agnar73 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Don't stress it OP.

When I don't hear back from people I just put it down to their phone being swallowed by a passing blue whale, them accidentally dropping it in a canal...or them being abducted by aliens and being out of a signal zone.

Far more likely than them not actually wanting to reply to me. Just that they can't. "

I’ll go for alien probing to keep my mind busy

By (user no longer on site)
26 weeks ago

If it's meant to be it will be.

If not, meh, move on.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
26 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

No. Because they will also think the same and you will both end up in a state of paralysis. This is the way of things. Try once then leave it.

J

By *midnight-Woman
26 weeks ago

I am terrible at physically replying in my vanilla life... And even worse on fab. It's not necessarily that they don't want to reply, they just might have replied in their head already

By *agnar73 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

"No. Because they will also think the same and you will both end up in a state of paralysis. This is the way of things. Try once then leave it.

J"

I don’t think I should chase it though. I know there’s differing thoughts on whether you message again but just not sure I should

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

Some people are just a bit shit at the messaging and the texting and the things. Doesn’t mean they aren’t lovely people apart from that.

By *aizyWoman
26 weeks ago

west midlands

"I am terrible at physically replying in my vanilla life... And even worse on fab. It's not necessarily that they don't want to reply, they just might have replied in their head already "

I am terrible for doing this too!

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
26 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

I'm a double messager. Because my brain is like that. It does kind of depend on the last message though.

J

26 weeks ago

"I am terrible at physically replying in my vanilla life... And even worse on fab. It's not necessarily that they don't want to reply, they just might have replied in their head already

I am terrible for doing this too!"

Read then forget to reply lol

By *agnar73 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I'm a double messager. Because my brain is like that. It does kind of depend on the last message though.

J"

I normally am too, and usually it’s normal life and vanilla situations but this one’s slightly different

26 weeks ago

"It's not necessarily that they don't want to reply, they just might have replied in their head already "

I do this!

By *ed VoluptaWoman
26 weeks ago

Wirral.

Nah, OP. I agree. If someone really wants to speak to you/see you, they will.

It's taken me a long time to realise this, but it holds true & saves a lot of hanging about.

26 weeks ago

"I am terrible at physically replying in my vanilla life... And even worse on fab. It's not necessarily that they don't want to reply, they just might have replied in their head already "

This. But also, if I have multiple conversations going on at the same time I get a bit overwhelmed. I end up not opening any of them until I feel like I can give them a proper reply.

By *agnar73 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

Maybe I guess, but it’s no response from my perspective and I guess I have to leave it be.

By *ot to giggleWoman
26 weeks ago

Coventry

"I'm a double messager. Because my brain is like that. It does kind of depend on the last message though.

J

I normally am too, and usually it’s normal life and vanilla situations but this one’s slightly different "

message again then - if they were not going to reply they wont anyway and if their inbox is drowning in messages yours will pop to the top - you got nothing to loose. Message again - just a quick hi or something xxxx - good luck

By *inky_couple2020Couple
26 weeks ago

North West

"I am terrible at physically replying in my vanilla life... And even worse on fab. It's not necessarily that they don't want to reply, they just might have replied in their head already

This. But also, if I have multiple conversations going on at the same time I get a bit overwhelmed. I end up not opening any of them until I feel like I can give them a proper reply. "

We have 31* unread for this very reason.

*Not many in the grand scheme, I know!

By *midnight-Woman
26 weeks ago

This. But also, if I have multiple conversations going on at the same time I get a bit overwhelmed. I end up not opening any of them until I feel like I can give them a proper reply. "

Yeah i so that ask the time.. Or promise /overcommit to do something that i end up totally flapping about so ghost myself

By *eliWoman
26 weeks ago

I think with messaging it's a bit more complicated than that. If they're messaging others but not you? Sure. Sometimes people aren't particularly talking to anyone on a one to one basis.

I do that on Fab. Away from Fab. I do warn people that I either waffle or don't talk.

So try if you want OP, leave it if you know deep down they're not particularly interested.

26 weeks ago

This. But also, if I have multiple conversations going on at the same time I get a bit overwhelmed. I end up not opening any of them until I feel like I can give them a proper reply.

We have 31* unread for this very reason.

*Not many in the grand scheme, I know! "

I feel terrible because they probably know that I’m ignoring them, but it’s not because I don’t want to talk to them at all, i just need a minute.

By *agnar73 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

J

I normally am too, and usually it’s normal life and vanilla situations but this one’s slightly different

message again then - if they were not going to reply they wont anyway and if their inbox is drowning in messages yours will pop to the top - you got nothing to loose. Message again - just a quick hi or something xxxx - good luck "

It’s not on fab and I’m just wondering if I should leave be.

By *agnar73 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I think with messaging it's a bit more complicated than that. If they're messaging others but not you? Sure. Sometimes people aren't particularly talking to anyone on a one to one basis.

I do that on Fab. Away from Fab. I do warn people that I either waffle or don't talk.

So try if you want OP, leave it if you know deep down they're not particularly interested. "

It’s away from fab and I just wonder if I’m best leaving it.

By *odgerMooreMan
26 weeks ago

Carlisle

Try posting a thread in here titled ‘ Absolutely raging!!!’ They will read it and say ‘ awwww what’s up?’ And you will have got them to reply - which you can send them a ton of dick pics!!’

By *agnar73 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Nah, OP. I agree. If someone really wants to speak to you/see you, they will.

It's taken me a long time to realise this, but it holds true & saves a lot of hanging about. "

I think life experience is telling me that, but sometimes if we give up on our hopes or live a life taking no chances, we never know what might be.

But there’s also a risk of an answer that’s maybe not what we want.

By *sWyldWoman
26 weeks ago

Edinburgh

It is indeed a fact. Actions sadly say so much

By *agnar73 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Try posting a thread in here titled ‘ Absolutely raging!!!’ They will read it and say ‘ awwww what’s up?’ And you will have got them to reply - which you can send them a ton of dick pics!!’ "

I’ll bear in mind if I’m being blanked on fab

By *agnar73 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

"It is indeed a fact. Actions sadly say so much "

Words can be cheap sometimes. Cynical I know but..

By *eliWoman
26 weeks ago

"I think with messaging it's a bit more complicated than that. If they're messaging others but not you? Sure. Sometimes people aren't particularly talking to anyone on a one to one basis.

So try if you want OP, leave it if you know deep down they're not particularly interested.

It’s away from fab and I just wonder if I’m best leaving it."

Just leave it. If they come back, they do, if they don't, fuck it.

By *rHotNottsMan
26 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"They would.

Nothing specific but thinking it’d be good to hear from someone, but that I texted/messaged last. "

If you want something enough swallow your pride and make it happen, or at least try a couple more times before accepting defeat

By *ed VoluptaWoman
26 weeks ago

Wirral.

It's taken me a long time to realise this, but it holds true & saves a lot of hanging about.

I think life experience is telling me that, but sometimes if we give up on our hopes or live a life taking no chances, we never know what might be.

But there’s also a risk of an answer that’s maybe not what we want."

I hear you. Its shitty when you're left hanging. But messaging again just resets the clock on your anxiety - it's now only a day since they didn't reply, rather than 2, 3, etc.

I do hope it resolves itself OP. X

By *agnar73 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

I hear you. Its shitty when you're left hanging. But messaging again just resets the clock on your anxiety - it's now only a day since they didn't reply, rather than 2, 3, etc.

I do hope it resolves itself OP. X"

Yeah you’re right it just resets it, that’s a good analogy of it.

Fingers crossed and I’ll have to just leave it and hope, I guess i already know the worst it can be.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
26 weeks ago

Wirral.

"They would.

Nothing specific but thinking it’d be good to hear from someone, but that I texted/messaged last.

If you want something enough swallow your pride and make it happen, or at least try a couple more times before accepting defeat "

I don't it's pride that's stopping him messaging.

Reading between the lines, I think he realises that to carry on messaging may be fruitless (sadly) To message again & again could lead to him being blocked, if its not reciprocated.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
26 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

J

message again then - if they were not going to reply they wont anyway and if their inbox is drowning in messages yours will pop to the top - you got nothing to loose. Message again - just a quick hi or something xxxx - good luck

It’s not on fab and I’m just wondering if I should leave be. "

From this. Maybe. You know your situation and you know if it's a 'Hi, sorry we're both a bit shit at staying in touch' or something more meaningful.

Like I say, I'm an annoying double messager because sometimes someone hides away in a dark place and they need a nudge (yeah, I mean you if you're lurking reading) but other times I will get too much in my own head.

Anyway if I double message you I like you so ignore at your peril

J

By *ed VoluptaWoman
26 weeks ago

Wirral.

Fingers crossed and I’ll have to just leave it and hope, I guess i already know the worst it can be."

I've been there, OP. More than once x

By *rHotNottsMan
26 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"They would.

If you want something enough swallow your pride and make it happen, or at least try a couple more times before accepting defeat

I don't it's pride that's stopping him messaging.

Reading between the lines, I think he realises that to carry on messaging may be fruitless (sadly) To message again & again could lead to him being blocked, if its not reciprocated. "

Maybe……but if unsure I’d just ask directly. That I messaged last isn’t enough to say someone’s no for them

By *agnar73 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

Fingers crossed and I’ll have to just leave it and hope, I guess i already know the worst it can be.

I've been there, OP. More than once x"

Yeah it knowing when to leave it, sometimes against feelings but the right thing.

Post new Message to Thread