Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tips for the Grand National

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Tom bets once a year on a horse race so looking for any tips for the Grand National, which is back at Aintree Race Course this year.

Tom usually picks a ' Housewifes Choice' which is often thought of as a disparaging term by self appointed horse racing experts who study the form, race distance, weight handicap etc and still do not win but the housewife who likes the horses or colour of the jockey silks wins at 50-1.

Tom is not going to pretend this is a genuine tip but is picking 'Galvin' a a houswies choicw because a good local restaurant is located there.

Please gamble responsibly.

Any tips and reasons for your pick?

This thread will not be here fur long.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ibblepilotMan
26 weeks ago

Preston

Haha very good

9YO carrying less than 11stone

By *icolerobbieCouple
26 weeks ago

walsall

Is this all over the sports Argus Tom?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
26 weeks ago

Chelmsford

It's all over the Sporting Life

By *lynJMan
25 weeks ago

Morden

They're all over the jump

By *9alMan
25 weeks ago

Bridgend

as there has been a lot of rain the going will be a bit heavy & favor an Irish trained horse

By *ragonman64Man
25 weeks ago

Woking

Ok I’ve picked winners and each way placed horses before in this race. I believe it’s anyone’s chance on the day due to the sheer number of horses competing , bringing increased likelihood of being hampered and/or unseated etc, along with the difficulty and duration of the course itself and tension of the occasion. Therefore backing a favourite seems a pointless gamble for low odds which are already 40-1 against you before the tape even goes up. Recently I have picked two horses and both came in at 66-1 and as a baby I picked from a newspaper a 100-1 winner. I suggest trust your gut instinct with an each way bet on a horse with good odds that you like the name of, and don’t get hooked on gambling, only this race once a year yeah? And if you win you owe me a shag ??

Post new Message to Thread