Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ghost or give reason ...

Jump to newest

By *nightANDKraken OP   Couple
26 weeks ago

As the title suggests. If you'd been chatting/ exchanging for a while and you were no longer feeling it, would you be polite and give reason or would you just ghost (delete, block)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
26 weeks ago

Depends

By *eliWoman
26 weeks ago

It depends on how much talking, if I wasn't feeling it because of something bad or just... no longer enjoying it.

If the latter I'd try and gently handle it and explain why in a succinct fashion.

By *agnar73Man
26 weeks ago

Glasgow

I can’t quote the site rules but from

memory, not much anyone can do in that situation.

By *rcoupleCouple
26 weeks ago

Mid Glam

Generally a polite thabks but no thanks.

The exeptions have been when we've exchanged a few mesages and the conversation has veered off course

(Yeah it's a sex site but we don't need a list of the male halfs graphic fantasies out of the blue)

26 weeks ago

Mixed opinions then, thanks. I guess weve been on the receiving end of both, I think I'm just polite that I'd have to tell them I'm not feeling it

Happy fabbing

By *oxy jWoman
26 weeks ago

somerset

losing interest is not ghosting

ghosting is when 2 people who know each other very well like relationship long term friendships go quite thats ghosting has nothing to do with people who dont know each other ...

me it depends why ive gone off whom om chatting to if its rude abusive or red flags ill just instantly block if its because they have bored the hell out of me ill tell them and im honest and blunt as to why so to save any further confusion they are then added to the block list .... im not here to social media im here to seek swinging meets real meet none of the online friendship rubbish so that leaves me to block as many as i wish to make thing easier ...

By *obilebottomMan
26 weeks ago

All over

If anything awful or upseting is said and a red flag os raised, is understandable to block. Otherwise just say, sorry not for me but people are entitled to handle there inbox the way they like. Personally don't understand why someone does not or even pretend not to read a message after a nice conversation but as I said, each to their own.

By *obilebottomMan
26 weeks ago

All over

"If anything awful or upseting is said and a red flag os raised, is understandable to block. Otherwise just say, sorry not for me but people are entitled to handle there inbox the way they like. Personally don't understand why someone does not or even pretend not to read a message after a nice conversation but as I said, each to their own. "

Another reaso for me is if the conversation os really hard word, monosyllabic answers and avoiding perfectly normal questions or making ambiguous replies. Who has time for that sort of games. It's rude and unecessary so straight in the bin.

By *parkle1974Woman
26 weeks ago

Leeds

I'd just tell them straight, after all we are supposed to be adults.

26 weeks ago

"As the title suggests. If you'd been chatting/ exchanging for a while and you were no longer feeling it, would you be polite and give reason or would you just ghost (delete, block) "

Most ghost delete block.

26 weeks ago

"If anything awful or upseting is said and a red flag os raised, is understandable to block. Otherwise just say, sorry not for me but people are entitled to handle there inbox the way they like. Personally don't understand why someone does not or even pretend not to read a message after a nice conversation but as I said, each to their own.

Another reaso for me is if the conversation os really hard word, monosyllabic answers and avoiding perfectly normal questions or making ambiguous replies. Who has time for that sort of games. It's rude and unecessary so straight in the bin. "

Am with this op.

26 weeks ago

A block..means boring as fucc and not going anywhere fast even duracell lasts longer

Ghost..had shit loads of them. Block

Those who confess genuine ..block

By *rHotNottsMan
26 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I think a lot of the problem is people get way too excited to quickly and then reality sets in and it’s like oh no , he’s just a regular guy/girl, there loads more than a few clicks away, just as good…..

Just calm the fuck down and go slowly

By *AABMan
26 weeks ago

Not far

It’s a market place here and there’s always someone hawking something that’s more shiny shiny.

26 weeks ago

"I think a lot of the problem is people get way too excited to quickly and then reality sets in and it’s like oh no , he’s just a regular guy/girl, there loads more than a few clicks away, just as good…..

Just calm the fuck down and go slowly "

Absolutely right, like a new toy you soon get bored of

By *hoirCouple
26 weeks ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Most of the time I would say something but if they'd mentioned something I felt was dangerous then I'd just ghost

P

By *hoirCouple
26 weeks ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

I'm gobby so I'm telling. It's best not to get that point in public though as I'm gobby there as well

C

By *ophieslutTV/TS
26 weeks ago

Central

I'd generally explain but with protracted, intermittent chat, messages and people can fall through the cracks

By *ighland couple 99Couple
26 weeks ago

Inverness

Most of the time the conversation just runs dry and there’s no need for an explanation. Sometimes it will pick up again in a week or so but not always.

By *ames250122Man
26 weeks ago

Worcester

"As the title suggests. If you'd been chatting/ exchanging for a while and you were no longer feeling it, would you be polite and give reason or would you just ghost (delete, block) "

Reason always as I’d always hope they would do the same if reversed x

By *ootyfruityCouple
26 weeks ago

andover

We were chatting to a couple when we first started on fab, seemed really nice, started a group chat on a different platform.

Then the guy started sending videos of himself wanking in various places in our home town (they weren’t from here) then asking her to guess where he was or what pub he was in.

Needless to say we ignored then blocked when we realised we could do that

26 weeks ago

I usually like to let people know where they stand and appreciate the same in return. That being said if someone ghosts mid conversation or is a repeat offender of leaving you on read, I can switch my mindset pretty fast.

By *irthandgirthMan
26 weeks ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

I like to give back the same energy I get from conversations. If I feel I am always initiating, or getting monosyllabic replies, I stop messaging to see if they decide to start a conversation. If after a few days they don't, I just delete it.

26 weeks ago

I don’t really ghost. (Ghostion I assume to be where someone block/ignores trxtscetc) I just find done texts drift off.

But, my texts are always open to people I’ve got along with or think of as friends. It’s just that conversation right then and there came to an end. Hopefully a new one will begin.

I’m an adult, ghosting feels crap when it happens to you, I’ve had it done often now.

By *ighty-maus85Man
26 weeks ago

WATFORD

Depends what their "energy" is like, had a guy message me from the forum with the opening line of "my first one was 9in". It made my dick shrivel I'm not gonna lie so I gave one word answers then ghosted them

26 weeks ago

I try to reply to every message even with a polite decline. If they keep messaging after that I block.

If we've had a really good chat and I think not for me I try to politely decline.

Sometimes it just fizzles out. The energy is not keeping the conversation going. I don't block I just stop messaging and aftet a while the chat ... I don't block

Post new Message to Thread