Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Will update later

Jump to newest

By *obilebottom OP   Man
26 weeks ago

All over

or fill later or more details later or never as it often seems. So many profiles, even some with meets and verifications, have that or something similar on years after they created their profile. Surely must be time for a little update. However as they have not asked for advice, none will be given. Just a tiny bit of silent judgement perhaps or a little whisper amongst friends

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
26 weeks ago

"or fill later or more details later or never as it often seems. So many profiles, even some with meets and verifications, have that or something similar on years after they created their profile. Surely must be time for a little update. However as they have not asked for advice, none will be given. Just a tiny bit of silent judgement perhaps or a little whisper amongst friends "

TLDR;

By *lderflowerappleWoman
26 weeks ago

Basingstoke

Will reply later

By *rpeggioCouple
26 weeks ago

Baughurst

People have the profile they want at any given time, and we interpret it in any way that suits our needs. For us, it's a great filter to quickly make our mind about how invested they are in meeting a couple like us through Fab.

By *obilebottom OP   Man
26 weeks ago

All over

"People have the profile they want at any given time, and we interpret it in any way that suits our needs. For us, it's a great filter to quickly make our mind about how invested they are in meeting a couple like us through Fab."

Indeed

By *lderflowerappleWoman
26 weeks ago

Basingstoke

"People have the profile they want at any given time, and we interpret it in any way that suits our needs. For us, it's a great filter to quickly make our mind about how invested they are in meeting a couple like us through Fab."

I agree. My view is... if you can't be bothered, why should I bother?

By *allandathleticMan
26 weeks ago

Asgard

Screams laziness. Although I assume some of it is to do with the cool "meh" culture of not showing you care too deeply.

Funnily enough the same profiles are usually the ones in a year or so time, posting fan favourites to the forums subjects like.

"Why can't I get a meet"

And

"Help me with my profile"

"Why can't I get a reply"

The universe has a funny way of levelling things to be fair.

By *izandpaulCouple
26 weeks ago

merseyside

About right.

If they can't be bothered stringing a few sentences together do you think they would be bothered arranging to meet and if arranged would they be bothered to show up and if they show up would they be bothered having a shower...yuk.

As you say great filter.

Maybe have a filter called lazy, that's basically what it is.

By *he turned me GreyCouple
26 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Screams it's none of my business what others do with there profile, so live n let live......let's all get involved in shit that has absolutely fuck all to do with us..

Mr

By *obilebottom OP   Man
26 weeks ago

All over

"Screams it's none of my business what others do with there profile, so live n let live......let's all get involved in shit that has absolutely fuck all to do with us..

Mr

"

Hardly screaming to be honest but certainly agree that people can do what they like with their profile. Just an observation as a bit of content would normally be expected by most people, especially after long time. Just an opinion, certainly no screaming.

By *rcoupleCouple
26 weeks ago

Mid Glam

Peipe put in as much or as litle as they like.

Will fill in later or ask is a pass for us based on 4 or 5 word messages from them in the past.

By *he turned me GreyCouple
26 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"Screams it's none of my business what others do with there profile, so live n let live......let's all get involved in shit that has absolutely fuck all to do with us..

Mr

Hardly screaming to be honest but certainly agree that people can do what they like with their profile. Just an observation as a bit of content would normally be expected by most people, especially after long time. Just an opinion, certainly no screaming."

'Screams' was referring to me, no-one else

By *obilebottom OP   Man
26 weeks ago

All over

Mr

Hardly screaming to be honest but certainly agree that people can do what they like with their profile. Just an observation as a bit of content would normally be expected by most people, especially after long time. Just an opinion, certainly no screaming.

'Screams' was referring to me, no-one else "

26 weeks ago

Or anyone period.

By *revaunanceCouple
26 weeks ago

Exeter

"or fill later or more details later or never as it often seems. So many profiles, even some with meets and verifications, have that or something similar on years after they created their profile. Surely must be time for a little update. However as they have not asked for advice, none will be given. Just a tiny bit of silent judgement perhaps or a little whisper amongst friends "

It's their profile, so if they want to use it to filter themselves out of our intentions then who are we to stand in their way

26 weeks ago

"People have the profile they want at any given time, and we interpret it in any way that suits our needs. For us, it's a great filter to quickly make our mind about how invested they are in meeting a couple like us through Fab.

About right.

If they can't be bothered stringing a few sentences together do you think they would be bothered arranging to meet and if arranged would they be bothered to show up and if they show up would they be bothered having a shower...yuk.

As you say great filter.

Maybe have a filter called lazy, that's basically what it is. "

Plenty of lazy people in the world of fab when it comes to..

Fill you in later...mmmm

By *issmorganWoman
26 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I agree, it's a good filter.

It gives me absolutely nothing to go on to see if we'd be compatible, so I'd delete any message from this sort of profile.

Same if they've just written ask, no I won't bother.

By *ig-Bull-EssexMan
26 weeks ago

Southend

I'll update this reply later.

By *imisugarWoman
26 weeks ago

Rugby

Implies to me written communication may not be their strongest point.

I can see why some people struggle writing about themselves. I do agree with others it comes across lazy.

Just trying to consider the other side.

My profile is brief and the little that's there doesn't get read anyway.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
26 weeks ago

Central

Perhaps these types of people match and meet with each other and are happy

26 weeks ago

Still pondering how to reply to this thread. Leave it with me, will post later.

By *obilebottom OP   Man
26 weeks ago

All over

"Perhaps these types of people match and meet with each other and are happy "

You done it now. I keep singing perhaps, perhaps, perhaps

By *ark n kimCouple
26 weeks ago

Durham

we also use it as a pretty effective filter.along with poor 1st messages.

By *icketToRudeCouple
26 weeks ago

Wellingborough

"People have the profile they want at any given time, and we interpret it in any way that suits our needs. For us, it's a great filter to quickly make our mind about how invested they are in meeting a couple like us through Fab.we also use it as a pretty effective filter.along with poor 1st messages."

We're new to the lifestyle and to using fab... but hasn't taken us long to do exactly this. And as much as we now know our profile needs updating, we at least started with trying to say as much we could

Post new Message to Thread