By *egDaySkipperMan
26 weeks ago

Liverpool

Never! How dare you

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *sWyldWoman
26 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I'm sure we all do at times. I mean you only have to go to a hen night to see it.

However, I don't think we do it day to day in the same way as women experience

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

26 weeks ago

East Sussex

Yes

By *atnip make me purrWoman
26 weeks ago

Reading

Of course.

By *aizyWoman
26 weeks ago

west midlands

Who, me?? Never, honest!

By *allandathleticMan
26 weeks ago

Asgard

Definitely. Something I struggled with previously.

By *ora the explorerWoman
26 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

Yes

By *ubikslongswordMan
26 weeks ago

East Grinstead

"I'm sure we all do at times. I mean you only have to go to a hen night to see it.

However, I don't think we do it day to day in the same way as women experience "

I think this comment wins!

Women do go phwoar look at those abs/thighs/bum etc but 1 not as loud as men do and 2 not as blatant as men do either.

As a socially awkward person (until you get to know me) I notice a lot about behaviours and quite often catch blokes staring at women jaws agape while the ladies are a lot more subtle

By *ealitybitesMan
26 weeks ago

Belfast

Yes some do in the same way some men objectify women.

I've been groped inappropriately on nights out.

I've been wolf whistled and had lewd comments shouted at me by women in pubs when I've been going about my job and I've been surrounded and pawed at by a group of up to 20 women at a hen do just because they assumed I was the stripper they had ordered.

The last time I commented in a thread liked this I was told I should be more appreciative of the attention and not knock it.

Ah the old fab double standards at play and the tired old tropes about women being more subtle.

By *partharmonyCouple
26 weeks ago

Ruislip

I hope so!

By *ora the explorerWoman
26 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

"Yes some do in the same way some men objectify women.

I've been wolf whistled and had lewd comments shouted at me by women in pubs when I've been going about my job and I've been surrounded and pawed at by a group of up to 20 women at a hen do just because they assumed I was the stripper they had ordered.

The last time I commented in a thread liked this I was told I should be more appreciative of the attention and not knock it.

Ah the old fab double standards at play and the tired old tropes about women being more subtle. "

I’ve said it before on here. I’ve seen what you describe many many many times on a night out. So much so that you can see how uncomfortable the men are with it. Way more than I’ve seen it the other way around.

By *ubikslongswordMan
26 weeks ago

East Grinstead

"Yes some do in the same way some men objectify women.

Ah the old fab double standards at play and the tired old tropes about women being more subtle.

I’ve said it before on here. I’ve seen what you describe many many many times on a night out. So much so that you can see how uncomfortable the men are with it. Way more than I’ve seen it the other way around. "

Because men are aware we're likely to get reported and in trouble for harassment of the lady finds the gent undesirable, however, if a bloke gets upset then he's told to get over it, and take it as a compliment, yada yada yada. So women are less worried about the ramifications whereas gents (most of them) will think twice before even approaching a woman because so many people have got in trouble for similar things, you see it on the news etc

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
26 weeks ago

Bradford

"Yes "

Feel free to objectify away mylady

I've one particular object I'd like you to look at .

By *ornycougaWoman
26 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat

I'll have a right old quiet perv from behind my sunglasses but I have never - and never would - cat call, shout or grope a stranger. I remember it happening to me all the time when I was young and how uncomfortable it made me feel

By *mileyculturebelfastMan
26 weeks ago

belfast

Some do, some don't. Same answer as every other stupid question in here.

By *hoirCouple
26 weeks ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Objectify men ?"

Yes. It's not the issue that it is screamed about though. The behaviour that arises from it is the main issue.

C

By *ymAndIcedCoffeeWoman
26 weeks ago

Worcester

So, objectification means something quite specific. It's degrading someone by treating them as if they were an object with no thoughts/feelings/emotions of their own.

This isn't something that we really see women do very much in our society. Women don't tend to degrade men when they comment on men's bodies, because we are not taught that men are objects to possess by society.

Whereas men are taught by society that women are objects and can be treated as such. We see it on this website all the time - wife share, wife swap, wife chat - all kinks that rely on women being treated as an object that can be passed around. There is no male equivalent.

Yes in theory women can objectify men. But in practice? It just don't really happen. You have to be trying very hard, as a woman, to meaningfully separate a man's body from him as a person, whereas men are taught from a young age that this is normal practice to treat women this way.

(NB: I'm not saying all men objectify women, I'm generalising about society, societies values, and what society teaches men and women.)

By *iss.Bella.Woman
26 weeks ago

North Wales

Of course not, don't be so silly

OI you, hottie over there. Get yer dick out

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

26 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Yes

Feel free to objectify away mylady

I've one particular object I'd like you to look at ."

By (user no longer on site)
26 weeks ago

"I'll have a right old quiet perv from behind my sunglasses but I have never - and never would - cat call, shout or grope a stranger. I remember it happening to me all the time when I was young and how uncomfortable it made me feel"

This. I’ll have a look but I wouldn’t make it obvious or make someone uncomfortable with it.

Post new Message to Thread