Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

invest engine

Jump to newest

By *riskygaz OP   Man
26 weeks ago

birmingham

Just opened up a SIPP on the invest engine site, trying to make up for a late start on my works pension. Anyone else use the invest engine site, if so how have you found the experience ?

It has good reviews for very low fees.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
26 weeks ago

Looks like they just do standard ETFs? That's fine - it isn't going to make you money very quickly, but it's a low-rism long-term investment

By *r CuddleMan
26 weeks ago

Oxford

I use Transact

By *Wman15Man
26 weeks ago

Manchester

I'd say its only OK as a platform. It does have low fees but the downside is a limited range of funds and the information about the funds on the website isn't too detailed

However, better than not saving at all. An alarming number of people aren't saving nearly enough for their retirement (acknowledging that many can't too) - anyone who thinks they can have anything other than a very basic existence on the state pension is going to be sorely disappointed

By *riskygaz OP   Man
26 weeks ago

birmingham

"I'd say its only OK as a platform. It does have low fees but the downside is a limited range of funds and the information about the funds on the website isn't too detailed

However, better than not saving at all. An alarming number of people aren't saving nearly enough for their retirement (acknowledging that many can't too) - anyone who thinks they can have anything other than a very basic existence on the state pension is going to be sorely disappointed"

Yes it will be a poor retirement for a lot of people, i don't know why i stayed out of the works pension for so long, after a while i thought it is probably to late now it wont add up to anything worth while. and to make it worse it is a DB pension which everyone would love to have but only the lucky can now have one. So now it's pay extra into the works pension and now a SIPP and an ISA, i will be ok but it could have been so much better.

Post new Message to Thread