Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Advert trying to put me off wine

Jump to newest

By *aravancouple OP   Man
over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

Wish they would stop showing that advert where all sorts of nasty things could happen to women if they have 2 glasses of wine regularly. I qualify but I'm still enjoying a nice glass or two of red as I write.

Vinny is out with mates and will probably have 5 or 6 pints. The nurse said he was a binge drinker because he doesn't usually drink the rest of the week. There doesn't seem to be an equivalent advert for men.

Anyway cheers to all you fellow drinkers and lets hope our brains don't explode just yet.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

cheers to you guys il hold my glass up to us wine drinkers ! get plenty down ya you never no wats around the corner 1 you dont wana wake up dead in themorning do you pmsl

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I'll join you and raise my glass of red! Cheers

over a year ago

I am having some Merlot now cheers

over a year ago

If you dont drink, smoke or eat food you enjoy. You wont live any longer.

Your live is so boring it just seems that you do.

Like watching paint dry, it seems to take a lot longer, thats all.

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

Am enjoying a few bottles of beer myself and have some cider once I've run out. I am an alcoholic and have been to AA meetings from 2007 to 2011.

I realised that couldn't completely abstain from alcohol but I have learnt a lot from attending meetings and talking to other alcoholics.

I am also a binge drinker and am now able to limit myself to drinking Friday and Saturday nights and occasionally the odd night during the week.

There are times when I have alcohol in my fridge but I don't touch it. That would have been unheared of a few years ago so I know I have made some progress.

over a year ago

I told the doctor I went to the pub once every other week and had two or three pints. He told me that was binge drinking.

So I told him I would go to the pub more often.

over a year ago

nice cheeky rose for us, hubby dont drink through week cos of shifts,so "binge" drinks at weekend,lol

over a year ago

"Am enjoying a few bottles of beer myself and have some cider once I've run out. I am an alcoholic and have been to AA meetings from 2007 to 2011.

I realised that couldn't completely abstain from alcohol but I have learnt a lot from attending meetings and talking to other alcoholics.

I am also a binge drinker and am now able to limit myself to drinking Friday and Saturday nights and occasionally the odd night during the week.

There are times when I have alcohol in my fridge but I don't touch it. That would have been unheared of a few years ago so I know I have made some progress."

over a year ago

I only go to the pub to help out the economy..with all the tax levied on beer...i have to do my bit.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

I only drink at the weekends as well ... maybe half a bottle of wine or a few gin and tonics.

Right - I'm off to binge on some G&T. Happy weekend everyone

over a year ago

Hello Caravan Couple,

"Vinny is out with mates and will probably have 5 or 6 pints. The nurse said he was a binge drinker because he doesn't usually drink the rest of the week. There doesn't seem to be an equivalent advert for men."

The answer is to go out every night and have 5 or 6 pints then it is not 'binge drinking' , just his normal consumption.

I personally believe the government guidelines for alcohol consumption is very conservative and rather simplistic, in that the effect on your body is different if you drink beer or neat spirits for instance? As the statistics for the harm that alcohol does is based on these limits it follows that if those limits are wrong then the statistics based on that are wrong.

my favourite quote is from a company doctor " if you don't drink more than your doctor you are fine"

Alec

over a year ago

"Hello Caravan Couple,

"Vinny is out with mates and will probably have 5 or 6 pints. The nurse said he was a binge drinker because he doesn't usually drink the rest of the week. There doesn't seem to be an equivalent advert for men."

The answer is to go out every night and have 5 or 6 pints then it is not 'binge drinking' , just his normal consumption.

I personally believe the government guidelines for alcohol consumption is very conservative and rather simplistic, in that the effect on your body is different if you drink beer or neat spirits for instance? As the statistics for the harm that alcohol does is based on these limits it follows that if those limits are wrong then the statistics based on that are wrong.

my favourite quote is from a company doctor " if you don't drink more than your doctor you are fine"

Alec

"

Post new Message to Thread