Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stealing

Jump to newest

By *artin216 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spilsby

Most small limited companies and self employed people, declare items bought for personal use as company assets to avoid paying Tax.

They claim as they havent been caught by the taxman they are doing nothing wrong.

Are these people any different from, MP's expenses scandal or people who falsely declare to claim benefits?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I suspect that those that do this, just like the MP's, will happily justify it

over a year ago

True that Martin but should MPs not be an example to us all??

I feel that in an ideal world if they want the job they should be beyond reproach should they not??

By *artin216 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spilsby

"True that Martin but should MPs not be an example to us all??

I feel that in an ideal world if they want the job they should be beyond reproach should they not?? "

Of course, but isnt just a case of those in glasshouses forgetting that they have no right to throw stones....

over a year ago

Ah yes but then again if they were beyond reproach they would be able to deal with the people who live in glasshouses without prejudice would they not???

The example has to start somewhere xxx

over a year ago

You can claim for £137 worth of stamps without providing a receipt for it you know. That's the roolz and who are we to argue. You'd be surprised at just what the average John or Jane Doe can claim back ya know

over a year ago

I said it before I will say it again

"two wrongs don't make a right"

An MP should be above reproach, they should be squeeky clean, I want laws passed because the duly elected representatives of the people believe they should be passed not because they are being influenced by business's they have shares in, blackmailed by people who know dark secrets about them or because they will benefit from them but the Country will not.

An MP is paid a very reasonable wage to be above all honest in what they do for us, they must make some unpopular descisions, sometimes they must make things happen which others might find morally wrong like where we supply arms and munitions, I want to believe that every descision they make is in thier hearts the best choice for the British People who elected them to do just that.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

MP's are servants of the people not masters of the people the sooner they realise that the better off we'll all be

over a year ago

Politics has gone the same way as football

when sir Stanley was king the game was good remember he had ta fit it round his work

Then money was introduced to football and politics and the result is GREED and a terrible game from both xx

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

I wiil keep all comments in mind whilst checking your returns

Steve

By *artin216 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spilsby

A self employed man earned £55,000.00 in the tax year 2007-2008.

He paid 352.00 in Tax and was whinging he paid anything at all, as his returns had always been nil....before that...yet he earned no less than £40,000.00 in the preceding years.

This man considers himself the white british taxpayer and voter,

Many people earn half that and are on PAYE....they pay a sight more as well.

Why is it deemed acceptable to avoid paying your tax....?.....

over a year ago

Christ im due a refund then xx

By *artin216 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spilsby

"You can claim for £137 worth of stamps without providing a receipt for it you know. That's the roolz and who are we to argue. You'd be surprised at just what the average John or Jane Doe can claim back ya know"

Shouldnt you only claim for what you actually use?...

over a year ago

"You can claim for £137 worth of stamps without providing a receipt for it you know. That's the roolz and who are we to argue. You'd be surprised at just what the average John or Jane Doe can claim back ya know

Shouldnt you only claim for what you actually use?..."

Only if you are an MP, it would seem it's par for the course for the rest of society to "mug" HM Revenue at each and every turn

By *artin216 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spilsby

"You can claim for £137 worth of stamps without providing a receipt for it you know. That's the roolz and who are we to argue. You'd be surprised at just what the average John or Jane Doe can claim back ya know

Shouldnt you only claim for what you actually use?...

Only if you are an MP, it would seem it's par for the course for the rest of society to "mug" HM Revenue at each and every turn "

I would agree, that it appears those who complain most about taxation are often the same ones avoiding it, which of course leaves the ones who do pay their dues to pay more....

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

yes um

no um

ask me tomorrar

By *artin216 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spilsby

"A self employed man earned £55,000.00 in the tax year 2007-2008.

He paid 352.00 in Tax and was whinging he paid anything at all, as his returns had always been nil....before that...yet he earned no less than £40,000.00 in the preceding years.

Why is it deemed acceptable to avoid paying your tax....?..... "

Compare this to a public servant:

A soldier on £30,000 a year pays approx, £6000 in tax annually by PAYE.

Why is it deemed acceptable to avoid paying tax.?...

over a year ago

"

I am in the military, on quite a bit more than that, pay quite a bit more than that in tax, and have ABSOLUTELY no say in the matter.

Friend of ours is self employed and his car, lap top etc etc etc all go through the books with as many "tax" breaks as possible

Those folk who are up in arms about MP's are right to be so, but they also need to take their blinkers off and put it into context.

There are loads of ordinary folk out there mugging HM Revenue every day by "using the rules" so perhaps we should be tarring a few more with the righteous brush

By *artin216 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spilsby

I am in the military, on quite a bit more than that, pay quite a bit more than that in tax, and have ABSOLUTELY no say in the matter.

Friend of ours is self employed and his car, lap top etc etc etc all go through the books with as many "tax" breaks as possible

Those folk who are up in arms about MP's are right to be so, but they also need to take their blinkers off and put it into context.

There are loads of ordinary folk out there mugging HM Revenue every day by "using the rules" so perhaps we should be tarring a few more with the righteous brush "

As with all people on PAYE, you pay your whack.....

Completely agree theres an awful lot of ordinary folk consider it acceptable to fudge their figures, yet are among the first up in arms when an MP does the same.

Post new Message to Thread