Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dating

Jump to newest

By *CLM87 OP   Woman
26 weeks ago

Derbyshire

Morning and Happy Easter Sunday, you beautiful sexy bunch.

So am not currently on any dating sites.. not to say I won't go a bit doo lally and rejoin in the future...

But if and when I do, how do you broach the subject that your a swinger?

I already found that alot of people on there will have wants a relationship and it turns out they just want sex and telling them I'm into swinging isn't going to help this.

So what do you do?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
26 weeks ago

There’s no reason you can’t use fab to look for dates or even clubs and socials events

I would think this place clubs and social maybe a good place to look for dates

Ad you say dateing sites a full off guys just looking to get they end away and do one and will say what ever

And then you brouch the subject off swinging to them

they may think your a shour easy lay so to speak

And then when they find out the truth that as swingers we aren’t fucking everything on sight like rabbits that we have standers

And we can conduct or selfs in a better manner when it comes to messages and such that we not going to take it stright to dirty chat or what ever or that we aren’t easy at all but damm hard work

They may do one as they aren’t getting what they want

Or they go along hump and dump

Sorry for the long wind reply just this subject is on my mind also

To go stright vinnal and give the life up and find someone to settle with or to continue and hopefully find someone who’s already in the life so to speak

By *ubikslongswordMan
26 weeks ago

East Grinstead

There used to be a weekly dating thread was posted every Sunday and people would comment what they're looking for then people would send private messages, I know a few couples who met this way.

By *CLM87 OP   Woman
26 weeks ago

Derbyshire

Thank you for the long reply

I did try and look for dating on here and was seeing someone.. but it didn't work out due to their work and child commitments.

As you say, it's the pre conceived notions that we are all nymphomaniac who talk sex or are having sex 24/7.

I'm happy being single for now, but don't want it to be forever.

By *CLM87 OP   Woman
26 weeks ago

Derbyshire

"There used to be a weekly dating thread was posted every Sunday and people would comment what they're looking for then people would send private messages, I know a few couples who met this way."

That's cool.. when I'm ready may have to start this back up

By *ellinever70Woman
26 weeks ago

Ayrshire

I guess you need to decide what's more important...swinging or building a relationship

By *CLM87 OP   Woman
26 weeks ago

Derbyshire

"I guess you need to decide what's more important...swinging or building a relationship "

Swinging is important, I don't think I could settle down with 1 person.. especially if they are vanilla.

I would get bored and end the relationship.

26 weeks ago

"Thank you for the long reply

I did try and look for dating on here and was seeing someone.. but it didn't work out due to their work and child commitments.

As you say, it's the pre conceived notions that we are all nymphomaniac who talk sex or are having sex 24/7.

I'm happy being single for now, but don't want it to be forever."

Your welcome and yes it definitely is a pre conceived notion and good good your happy being single for now

By *ellinever70Woman
26 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"I guess you need to decide what's more important...swinging or building a relationship

Swinging is important, I don't think I could settle down with 1 person.. especially if they are vanilla.

I would get bored and end the relationship."

Well then, I guess you need to accept that might make dating more of a challenge

By *CLM87 OP   Woman
26 weeks ago

Derbyshire

"I guess you need to decide what's more important...swinging or building a relationship

Well then, I guess you need to accept that might make dating more of a challenge "

I know it is.. which is why I thought I would put a post up and ask other people's experiences etc.

Always good getting advice from people who have been into swinging longer.

26 weeks ago

I would get bored and end the relationship."

Regular dating apps are dire

Dating a regular vanilla guy you have to compromise you sexual needs and I agree it gets boring.

But I tried dating someone on here but they wanted all benefits of an swinging relationship but none of the emotional commitment.

Happily alone for now

26 weeks ago

Me. If I met someone away from fab for dating, I would mention I’m on dating/hook up sites and see what conversations they’d like to pursue.

Some people couldn’t care less I’ve found, and I’ve overstated in the past on fab things I didn’t need to as it’s gone nowhere.

Take things slow op.

By *oodmessMan
26 weeks ago

yumsville

Honestly. The number of people on here that have met others on here then go unlos, would suggest monogamy.

People look for this ideal bf/gf who'll join in swapping partners and shag others, but while swinging is a lifestlye, it doesn't mean it's a lifestyle forever. I wouldn't get too caught up on thinking someone is vanilla so its never going to work.

By *ife NinjaMan
26 weeks ago

Dunfermline

I found a lot of people on dating sites are on here too.

26 weeks ago

"I found a lot of people on dating sites are on here too. "

^ though incurs double standards or blurred lines as guys go by the expectations on my fab profile despite my clearly tailored dating profile.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

26 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Short answer.

Date on here.

Why not?

By *rHotNottsMan
26 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Most ENM use the tags, Friendship, still figuring it out, long-term but short-term okay.

Just be honest , Talk about kinks as a lead into sharing and ENM. If that type of conversation is hard work they’re probably not for you anyway right?

By *CLM87 OP   Woman
26 weeks ago

Derbyshire

Thank you everyone for the feedback.

I think when I'm ready to look for someone again.. I'll try my luck on here again...as you never know.

26 weeks ago

"Thank you everyone for the feedback.

I think when I'm ready to look for someone again.. I'll try my luck on here again...as you never know.

"

Good luck - it can and has happened on Fab!

By *ife NinjaMan
26 weeks ago

Dunfermline

"I found a lot of people on dating sites are on here too.

^ though incurs double standards or blurred lines as guys go by the expectations on my fab profile despite my clearly tailored dating profile. "

It's best staying on here. At least there's a degree of honesty. I found app dating particularly frustrating

26 weeks ago

Well then, I guess you need to accept that might make dating more of a challenge

I know it is.. which is why I thought I would put a post up and ask other people's experiences etc.

Always good getting advice from people who have been into swinging longer."

Me and my ex met while swinging. We were not looking for a relationship at the time. We started of as FWB then ended up being more.

By *CLM87 OP   Woman
26 weeks ago

Derbyshire

Thank you everyone.. yep dating apps are ridiculous.. I guess its all just a luck game

By *stwo2023Couple
26 weeks ago

Worcester

"Morning and Happy Easter Sunday, you beautiful sexy bunch.

So am not currently on any dating sites.. not to say I won't go a bit doo lally and rejoin in the future...

I already found that alot of people on there will have wants a relationship and it turns out they just want sex and telling them I'm into swinging isn't going to help this.

So what do you do?"

Yeah I've been there and as soon as you mention swinging that's all they care about lol

It's hard to know when to mention it because you may want to meet someone with similar drives in terms of swinging and sharing so you won't want to go too far down the rabbit hole to find you're not compatible in that way.

In short I don't know when the best time is really but I wish you luck if/when you dive back in lol

Evie

By *CLM87 OP   Woman
26 weeks ago

Derbyshire

"Morning and Happy Easter Sunday, you beautiful sexy bunch.

So what do you do?

Yeah I've been there and as soon as you mention swinging that's all they care about lol

It's hard to know when to mention it because you may want to meet someone with similar drives in terms of swinging and sharing so you won't want to go too far down the rabbit hole to find you're not compatible in that way.

In short I don't know when the best time is really but I wish you luck if/when you dive back in lol

Evie "

Thank you lovely, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

We shall see

By *sWyldWoman
26 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I don't see myself as a swinger. So I suppose it in theory should make it easier to find someone.

It doesn't though!

Dating apps are awful in my experience as most aren't actually looking for a relationship or even to date, they just want another situationship or FB arrangement.

I hang out here as at least people are honest about that.

Love can be found anywhere though so I see no issues in being where ever you want to be.

By *toC Thats MeWoman
26 weeks ago

Sheffield

Dating apps are dire. I’d rather just use fab and go to clubs. X

By *cLovin2Man
26 weeks ago

Reading

Op an interesting conundrum that I suspect many of us are actually in.

I don't think I could go back to vanilla relationship, not while I still have a sex drive anyway.

I'd still like to be in a relationship that accepted the swinging lifestyle, trouble is the vanilla world look at us swingers and runs. Single women especially run from swinging men.

But why should we accept that we can't have sex with other people? When there's so many people who are interested in it. It's like going to a sweet shop and only being allowed to purchase the same sweet again and again.

I do think swingers on fab are more open minded than the vanilla types. Surely happiness lies in finding the right one?

25 weeks ago

Regular dating apps are crap and would love to meet someone to date with a similar outlook and interests.. but as a single guy and in Cumbria odds are stacked but never say never.

Post new Message to Thread