FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you believe things happen for a reason?

Jump to newest

By *reenonions OP   Man
over a year ago

Nr Exeter

In life, do things happen for a reason etc...

So, I applied for a job - in truth only because it's better than what I'm doing at the mo which is temp after redundancy out of a proper job.

Didn't get it which surprised me for a number of reasons and then, within an hour my ideal job advert presents itself ..... Karma? Maybe it's just meant to be

What ya think?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Methinks its fate things happen for a reason and you didn't get that as there's a better one out there

I did text you back xx

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Sometimes I think this and at others I just accept that every minute might be completely as I planned it or not.

I gave up a very well paid and interestng job four years ago. I didn't go straight into another one and then my aunt and mother both became ill. I spent a lot of time at hospitals and doctors with/for both of them. It would not have been possible if I was working at the level I had previously and certainly not if I had taken on a new challenge.

By *reenonions OP   Man
over a year ago

Nr Exeter

I know you did - it cheered me up, thank you

over a year ago

I believe in coincidence

over a year ago

"In life, do things happen for a reason etc...

So, I applied for a job - in truth only because it's better than what I'm doing at the mo which is temp after redundancy out of a proper job.

Didn't get it which surprised me for a number of reasons and then, within an hour my ideal job advert presents itself ..... Karma? Maybe it's just meant to be

What ya think?"

Make mine a madras, seeing as you're asking

over a year ago

I have always thought you get out of life what you put in but recent events just make me realise there's a bigger picture out of your hands. Not so much fate more along the lines of butterfly effect

over a year ago

"In life, do things happen for a reason etc...

What ya think?

Make mine a madras, seeing as you're asking "

That made me laugh .

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

Yes I believe so very much. I do believe in Karma too.

Some decisions you make or are made for you can be the right ones or other times the very wrong ones. I have had something happen in the past and knew what was coming. It was just a matter of when. My new job came out of the blue. Surprisingly alot sooner than I imagined.

Its sitting down and having a conversation with yourself as to is this right for you. If its right at the time then great. Live life for it. Other things in my experience are just car crashes waiting to happen and you just hope everyone is ok at the end if it.

You only get one shot at life and I plan to enjoy it.

Fruit xx

over a year ago

Yes in many ways I believe what happens, happens for a reason.

Just as i believe in Karma. What goes around, comes around, we reap what we sow, etc etc...

Fate is a journey already mapped out for us. The roads that we choose to take us to our final destination are the one's that define the person(s) we are!!

Life is for living, not for regrets or "what if's"...

over a year ago

karma determines and affects your next existence it doesn't have an effect on this one

over a year ago

I'm a big believer in what's for you won't pass you by, but, you have to be open to the experience too.

I believe in karma and try to respect that it will come to bite me up the butt..

over a year ago

I cannot accept that things happen for a reason as it implies a higher force at work in my life and that everything that does or doesn't happen is preordained. I am the Captain of my Ship and my destiny is what I decide it's going to be.

over a year ago

"I cannot accept that things happen for a reason as it implies a higher force at work in my life and that everything that does or doesn't happen is preordained. I am the Captain of my Ship and my destiny is what I decide it's going to be."

over a year ago

I am a strong believer in fate

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Things do happen for a reason.... usually because have done something or not rather than some mystical force.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

In my job, there are too many things that make us stop and wonder wow, how the hell did that happen and inexplicable happenings for it to be anything other than fate.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Fate implies it is pointless trying to change yourself, your life or your current lot...... it is how it is as it was meant to be and the future has already been written.

Whilst fate may be a handy excuse for having a shit life, the belief does little to help people change their situation.

over a year ago

how big is cyberspace

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

Cause and effect dictates the path we tread

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Sometimes things appear to happen for a reason but it's illusion, things (good and bad) happen for no reason at all much more often we just don't notice it as much.

over a year ago

I believe in fate.

over a year ago

For me, I believe that (to borrow an analogy) we are each the captain of our own ship, able to sail the seas of life by the course we choose.

However are 'ports of call' that are determined for us which we cannot escape. Much like the journeys final destination.

over a year ago

Karma, fate are just idonisums that we use to explain events that we have minimal control over. Upon saying that, we can learn from events in our past that help us to make the right ones in the future.

over a year ago

Shit happens, whether you like it or not.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

NOTHING happens for a reason..

God's sake that would be like saying all the murdered children don't matter cos it was mean to be.....

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"how big is cyberspace"

Great arse

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I cannot accept that things happen for a reason as it implies a higher force at work in my life and that everything that does or doesn't happen is preordained. I am the Captain of my Ship and my destiny is what I decide it's going to be."

Wishy, you're not.

'Life is what happens when you are making plans.' To paraphrase Lennon.

You decide your course but bear in mind you are not an island.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I believe in fate, things have happened in my life that make me stop and wonder.

Im a believer in fate, coincidence and intuition

over a year ago

Fate is just a way of justifying happiness or disappointment. Like luck, you make your own and move in.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Yes in many ways I believe what happens, happens for a reason.

Just as i believe in Karma. What goes around, comes around, we reap what we sow, etc etc...

Fate is a journey already mapped out for us. The roads that we choose to take us to our final destination are the one's that define the person(s) we are!!

Life is for living, not for regrets or "what if's"..."

If 'life is already mapped out for us' Why do you believe 'we reap what we sow' why bother 'choosing paths'

It's all contradictory.

If I am destined by other forces will people STOP blaming me for things

It wasn't me.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

The only pre determined part of life is,at the end you die.

Chance makes up the living bit,your actions can determine,how good or bad the chances in your life are.

Always taking into account,

shit happens.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

and Taxes Saucy and taxes.

over a year ago

And nurses

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

"Yes in many ways I believe what happens, happens for a reason.

Life is for living, not for regrets or "what if's"..."

when i leave this place

be checking out with no regrets

over a year ago

I also believe in Fate and Intuition...........and it changed my life too!!!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I also believe in Fate and Intuition...........and it changed my life too!!!!"

By *eaverfeverCouple
over a year ago

nr Manchester

Miscarriage.made redundant.traumatic birth with baby needing cooling treatment all in 3 years. What do you call that then???

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Miscarriage.made redundant.traumatic birth with baby needing cooling treatment all in 3 years. What do you call that then??? "

I call that three years of very tough life and would find it hard to find a reason for any of it. I think all faith is based on things happening for a reason an when there isn't an obvious reason people say things like "it will become clear" or "it will make you stronger". If it helps people to believe that it's great for them but for myself I just believe that shit happens some of the time and good stuff happens some of the time if it happens to coincide with something else that's great but most events in life just occur.

over a year ago

"Miscarriage.made redundant.traumatic birth with baby needing cooling treatment all in 3 years. What do you call that then??? "

It's called Life. Those three things are not unique, not even happening to the same person is unique. It's unfortunate sure, but there was/is no preordained plan that has it written down somewhere that you were earmarked for those things.

Siren miscarried two years ago on Valentine's Day but, upsetting as it was at the time, she hasn't dwelt on it and we now have a 15 month old daughter. I rarely think about the child that never was and my focus is on the three healthy children I have (the two children I have with Siren were both born by C-section and the first was placenta previa and Siren was on crutches for the last 6 months of that pregnancy with Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD)).

Was that preordained? No, of course not, it happens.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"and Taxes Saucy and taxes."

Outwith Big corporations,and the banking sector.

over a year ago

the conscious observer(s) dicate the path and flow of the universe either directly or indirectly, infinite choices are only governed by gravity and mass, once u learn that energy, and energy of the mind(not JUST humans)can escape the confines of reality as we address it, everything has willpower from the smallest to the largest of things.The universe may contract and expand like a heart beat, however the only way it can do that is by having infinite choices in built, so in relation to fate.. it can happen but there is no purpose.

People have to get away from clockwork imposed thinking...especially when that is based on what little we actually know about many things.

IMO

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"In my job, there are too many things that make us stop and wonder wow, how the hell did that happen and inexplicable happenings for it to be anything other than fate."

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

That's what I said,only with more words.

Post new Message to Thread