Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Your opinion plz...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So, I was reading news and came across articles on Save The Children initiative to work with children from poor UK families first on Guardian and then on Telegraph website. One point Telegraph article made was -

'By the end of his childhood, a youngster is considerably more likely to have a television in his bedroom than a father living at home.'

What is your take on this ? You think the situation is this or going to get this bad ? Or is it not a cause of concern ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My children didn't have tv's in their rooms as I couldn't afford them. My son has one in his room now but he bought it and pays towards the virgin connection but rarely watches it.

What concerns me is what children will watch on tv as I am not sure that there is a way of blocking certain types of programmes like one can with computer access

over a year ago

My son is much better off to have a tv in his room than his useless alcoholic father!

Why in this age of same sex couples etc do people still go on about a child needing both parents! My son has everything he needs and one day if he wants to go find his father then fine. But he will realise that mum has given him everything and he has had a good upbringing

over a year ago

"But he will realise that mum has given him everything and he has had a good upbringing"

over a year ago

It is the sad part of society today that encourages single parent families. It is also a responsibility of adults that if you have children you raise them in a proper manner, maintain them etc. Are single parents not showing their children that you raise children on your own for whatever reason and relationships do not exist? Maybe in years to come there will be nothing but a swinging society totally NSA.

over a year ago

I hate that society makes people think you have to have a relationship to be anything in life. You have to be loved to be happy. Then people get in relationships just for the sake of it and are scared to leave cos of not feeling loved even tho that relationship is destructive!

If you can love yourself then you can be truely happy, finding someone else to love will then be easier and you will take more time to find the right person.

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

"My son is much better off to have a tv in his room than his useless alcoholic father!

Why in this age of same sex couples etc do people still go on about a child needing both parents! My son has everything he needs and one day if he wants to go find his father then fine. But he will realise that mum has given him everything and he has had a good upbringing"

By *nfieldishCouple
over a year ago

Enfield

At the age of ten.......no tv... No Dadda....... It's not a modern phenomena.....

over a year ago

Quote "I hate that society makes people think you have to have a relationship to be anything in life."

"No relationship-No kids" good thinking and saves on contraception.

To love oneself makes you happy? rather self centred point of _iew with little capability of sharing anything and all me me me me another society made disease.

over a year ago

My father was the most positive & best rolemodel any lad could wish for.maybe some people should be abit more selective when choosing who too have a child with.!!! Oh & i had a tv in my room

over a year ago

"Quote "I hate that society makes people think you have to have a relationship to be anything in life."

"No relationship-No kids" good thinking and saves on contraception.

To love oneself makes you happy? rather self centred point of _iew with little capability of sharing anything and all me me me me another society made disease."

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"My son is much better off to have a tv in his room than his useless alcoholic father!

! "

You...picked...him!!!

Children deserve the love of both parents and men should have the acumen to take responsibility.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"It is the sad part of society today that encourages single parent families. It is also a responsibility of adults that if you have children you raise them in a proper manner, maintain them etc. Are single parents not showing their children that you raise children on your own for whatever reason and relationships do not exist? Maybe in years to come there will be nothing but a swinging society totally NSA."

***Applauds***

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"My father was the most positive & best rolemodel any lad could wish for.maybe some people should be abit more selective when choosing who too have a child with.!!! Oh & i had a tv in my room"

Well said!

over a year ago

"My father was the most positive & best rolemodel any lad could wish for.maybe some people should be abit more selective when choosing who too have a child with.!!! Oh & i had a tv in my room"

No tv in my room but I can relate to what you said

over a year ago

"him" had four fathers, 1,Natural, she divorced him while he was abroad. 2, He was killed in a RTA, 3, She divorced him, 4, she divorced him. She died on her own. Have kids only if you can afford them, take care of them and bring them up with some respect.

Too many queing for Jeremy Kyle.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

If one parent is missing, great role models of that gender are important.

It is wrong if any child is exposed to the negativity of any break up and bad mouthing.

Post new Message to Thread