Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

DNA tracking

Jump to newest

By *ackandkate OP   Couple
over a year ago

Truro

I watched the Eddie Izzard programme last night about DNA tracking that traced his lineage from his African roots through to present day, via a pigmy tribe in an area known today as Cameroon, through a desert tribe in the Sahara region, then to a tribe in Austria/Balkan region then to Saxony region in northern Europe.

Great telly

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I haven't watched it yet - it's sitting on the box waiting for me to be able to concentrate.

I don't know quite how yet but I found out recently I have a little bit of Viking in me.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

very interesting programme

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I thought it was brilliant television...

But sssshhhh!....don't let the immigrant haters hear that they are all likely to be descendants of immigrants themselves...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I thought it was brilliant television...

But sssshhhh!....don't let the immigrant haters hear that they are all likely to be descendants of immigrants themselves... "

I'm 100% neanderthal..but we are a secretive type...so I'm in disguise as a mixed race scottishcentralamerican....

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

But sssshhhh!....don't let the immigrant haters hear that they are all likely to be descendants of immigrants themselves... "

There was a television programme a few years ago tracing DNA and the English through and through, we don't mix with black people, couple found they had just a little bit of black in them. It did make me laugh.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

But sssshhhh!....don't let the immigrant haters hear that they are all likely to be descendants of immigrants themselves...

I'm 100% neanderthal..but we are a secretive type...so I'm in disguise as a mixed race scottishcentralamerican.... "

Do you have your own cave or a local authority cave?....I hear you can really do them up these days, George Clark's new series on C4 is all about cave improvements....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm 100% neanderthal..but we are a secretive type...so I'm in disguise as a mixed race scottishcentralamerican....

Do you have your own cave or a local authority cave?....I hear you can really do them up these days, George Clark's new series on C4 is all about cave improvements....

"

to be honest jane...next year on time team, they will find my skull under some ruins...I cant say how and when they got there...but I cannot say I havent had a big influence on the progression of the westernised world..

brb, my mate Ikey's online (using brain to brain internet!) brb

By *ackandkate OP   Couple
over a year ago

Truro

DNA tracking has shown that Homo Sapien's were black and Neandethal's were white.

Skin and hair colour changed as we interbred and migrated through changing climates.

Most of us have upto 2% Neandethal DNA, but no one has more than 5%.

Ginger's are Neandethal descendants

Post new Message to Thread