Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

has trolling had its day?

Jump to newest

By *john121 OP   Man
over a year ago

staffs

"Curtis Woodhouse meets his Twitter troll on Daybreak"

how brilliant is this, finally a "troll" has his comeuppance and apologizes!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/156477

Have a gander at this one.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

I very much doubt it.

At least more people will now be aware of what a proper internet troll actually does now though.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I didnt see it so dont know what the troll did, but if they can trace them far more easily maybe it would stop some.

I cant believe what hidious things people can say, i read what was said to gary barlow on twitter after they lost their baby and it was absolutly disgusting

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I doubt very much that trolling will ever end, but I do hope more people will stand up against it and make a few more nasty, insulting and threatening little sh... er, trolls realise there are CONSEQUENCES to their actions and that they cannot hide forever.

Don't agree with using violence to settle it, but these people clearly didn't learn the same lessons in the playground which I did at the age of 5 upwards - if you were nasty to someone to their face, there was a damned good chance they would punch you in yours! As a result, you learned either to not be so nasty or, as in my case, get cleverer at doing it!!!!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

No, sadly it will always go on.

There will always be people who will say things to cause upset and grief, more so if they are invisible.

It is horrible but at least the real trolls say it on feeds that the victim can read. Not nice and not agreeing with it. but many say things on feeds behind the person's back. The things said on here about celebrities, people only suspected of crimes is an outrage at times and often by people who shout troll troll troll at the blink of an eye.

over a year ago

"No, sadly it will always go on.

There will always be people who will say things to cause upset and grief, more so if they are invisible.

It is horrible but at least the real trolls say it on feeds that the victim can read. Not nice and not agreeing with it. but many say things on feeds behind the person's back. The things said on here about celebrities, people only suspected of crimes is an outrage at times and often by people who shout troll troll troll at the blink of an eye. "

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I may be cynical but surely in this day and age of everyone wanting their 15 mins of fame you will just feed the trolling community by putting them on telly, even if it is to apologise?

over a year ago

the only way that trolling will end is if there are punishments put on those that do it.

Its the same with all forms of bullying. Until its tackled head on and the culprits are pulled up on it, its never going to end

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Just because someone has been "outed" or fessed up, it doesn't mean that there wont be countless others to take their place

over a year ago

"I may be cynical but surely in this day and age of everyone wanting their 15 mins of fame you will just feed the trolling community by putting them on telly, even if it is to apologise?"

Must admit, that had crossed my mind too. Wonder how many other pathetic individuals on a smelly bedroom in Solihull (apologies to residents of said West Midlands suburb - first name to come to mind) will see this as their way to look like 'Mr Big'..? All this reminds me of the baddy in Dirty Harry years ago... and you know what happened to him...

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"I may be cynical but surely in this day and age of everyone wanting their 15 mins of fame you will just feed the trolling community by putting them on telly, even if it is to apologise?"

That is a good point. Some real trolls are actually proud of what they do and see it as some kind of expression of free speech and freedom - a very twisted _iew.

over a year ago

I suspect that as long as there are sad, pathetic, inadequates out there, there'll be trolls!

They should be pitied more than anything, imho.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

As Twitter has a block facility does anyone think if they use it the trolls won't be getting the airtime?

over a year ago

"As Twitter has a block facility does anyone think if they use it the trolls won't be getting the airtime?"

Guess it would be the same as on here - they'll just delete and set up a new profile!!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Of course....but then you use the block button again.

What I don't understand is people getting so wound up to go to the trouble of offering money to someone to get an address and then chasing round the country when all they had to do was block the man from posting on his bit.

It has to cost less

On the other hand, I am going to contradict myself and say, at least it might get one less troll knowing you are accountable if you can be traced.

over a year ago

How different would it have been had a journalist writen an article that caused a boxer to then turn up on their doorstep making threats?

I tend to think they only bother you if you allow them to, and most people have more important things to worry about.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

I tend to think they only bother you if you allow them to, and most people have more important things to worry about."

This is what I was trying to say but you put it much better.

By *john121 OP   Man
over a year ago

staffs

"I didnt see it so dont know what the troll did, but if they can trace them far more easily maybe it would stop some.

I cant believe what hidious things people can say, i read what was said to gary barlow on twitter after they lost their baby and it was absolutly disgusting"

a £1000 was offered online leading to the details of the troll, all the way to his home he kept posting pics and finally the one of his street..

By *john121 OP   Man
over a year ago

staffs

"Just because someone has been "outed" or fessed up, it doesn't mean that there wont be countless others to take their place "

but if it makes them think twice....result

By *john121 OP   Man
over a year ago

staffs

blame the TV station for that...problem is of course as it happened on twitter it was bound to be picked up...

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Oh please God I hope it hasn't had it's day.

We might as well close the internet now and take up knitting if it has.

By *john121 OP   Man
over a year ago

staffs

"Oh please God I hope it hasn't had it's day.

We might as well close the internet now and take up knitting if it has."

steady on thats a bit rich..knitting can be great fun...

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

steady on thats a bit rich..knitting can be great fun..."

Troll!!!

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

"http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/156477

Have a gander at this one. "

Brilliant, thanks x

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

steady on thats a bit rich..knitting can be great fun...

Troll!!! "

What happens ic two trolls troll each other?!

...and is a female troll a trollop?

Post new Message to Thread