Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Kids on Radio

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I listen to Radio2 and there seems to be a fashion of giving kids 5 minutes she time to waffle about their day.

Last Friday Zoe Ball had a whole programme of brats dedicating songs.

Is it just me who finds this really really fucking irritating? I want to hear music and intelligent chat, not some 7 year old saying she has learnt to use a knife and fork for the first time!

I have to admit, I can't stand kids, so I may be on my own for this!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Turn to another channel if you dont like.....

over a year ago

"Turn to another channel if you dont like..... "

I did on Friday, Zoe Ball ruined my drive to work

over a year ago

Stop complaing then.

over a year ago

"I listen to Radio2 and there seems to be a fashion of giving kids 5 minutes she time to waffle about their day.

Is it just me who finds this really really fucking irritating? I want to hear music and intelligent chat, not some 7 year old saying she has learnt to use a knife and fork for the first time!

I have to admit, I can't stand kids, so I may be on my own for this! "

If you want intelligent conversation, why did you have Zoe ball on? Other stations are available

Most of the seven yr old would probably have more intellect than her banal drivel anyway

over a year ago

"I listen to Radio2 and there seems to be a fashion of giving kids 5 minutes she time to waffle about their day.

I have to admit, I can't stand kids, so I may be on my own for this!

If you want intelligent conversation, why did you have Zoe ball on? Other stations are available

Most of the seven yr old would probably have more intellect than her banal drivel anyway"

Unfortunately, we don't have many stations to listen to in Devon. Radio2 is better than Radio1. I ain't old enough to listen to Radio3 or 4. Heart is total shite and only listened to by morons. Radio Devon is like it sounds!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Put a cd on ya grumpy sod

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Oî don't listen to ze electric wireless, oî be a simple lad o' de farm. Nowt wrong wif ze wurzles of a morning. It be Thursday a day of rant.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

with you on this one .. I listen to radio 2 all day every day and weve had so many 'stand ins' lately, its been untrue .. thank goodness order has finally been restored and the correct presenters are at last back .. phewwwww !!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

there have been some really funny ones on the Chris Evans show.

over a year ago

if you want intelligent conversation listen to LBC that would be right up your street.

As for children speaking about their day is great, as i have a child almost 14 with no speech i found your comment on that very offensive

over a year ago

I listen to Bbc London during the day, when Robert elms finishes at 3pm there is a mass switchover to either R2 heart or magic.

A couple of weeks ago elms was away and somebody called Sam Delaney stood in. The mass switch off started at midday and listeners stayed away from the whole station for two weeks. The Bbc are destroying local radio.

over a year ago

"I listen to Bbc London during the day, when Robert elms finishes at 3pm there is a mass switchover to either R2 heart or magic.

A couple of weeks ago elms was away and somebody called Sam Delaney stood in. The mass switch off started at midday and listeners stayed away from the whole station for two weeks. The Bbc are destroying local radio. "

I do miss the radio in London. I bought a DAB radio for home, which is tuned in to Absolute

Post new Message to Thread