Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

To Catch a Copper

Jump to newest

By *olf and Red OP   Couple
33 weeks ago

Nr Cardiff or at Chams Darlaston

Just watched this new series which started yesterday about the internal affairs department catching corrupt police officers.

You watch the bodycam footage about how officers dealt with members of the public in a mental health crisis and it’s really shocking.

Anyone else seen it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
33 weeks ago

I want to watch it, sounds interesting

By *oo..Woman
33 weeks ago

Boo's World

Watched in last night and it was eye opening and shocking at the same time.

By *agerMorganMan
33 weeks ago

Canvey Island

I will never excuse officers acting shitty.

However, it should never have been the police who turn up to mental health now that services have been massively underfunded, cut so far back etc.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
33 weeks ago

Central

I was totally appalled watching it.

That any human could treat another who's vulnerable, so badly. And that they kept their jobs. . The poor woman who wanted to end her life, abused and treated as less than human.

Nobody in official employment should behave in such a way and certainly, not anyone with power and authority.

That at the end of the show, the stiffest outcome was 2 cops being spoken with by their supervisor, giving halfhearted clueless answers, that demonstrated their unsuitability for the job. They'd bundled and manhandled a disabled woman onto the floor and abused her, finding it funny.

They were a disgrace to the majority of staff who care for the public and wellbeing.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
33 weeks ago

Central

"I want to watch it, sounds interesting "

It's quite upsetting Nell

33 weeks ago

Bent bastards.!!

-quoting line of duty

By *entGent46Man
33 weeks ago

Malice

I wonder if they'll release a program about the officers that get abused, assaulted and even killed in the line of duty. Oh no sorry.......that's part of the job isn't it!!!!

By *orny PTMan
33 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I will never excuse officers acting shitty.

However, it should never have been the police who turn up to mental health now that services have been massively underfunded, cut so far back etc. "

Changing the name from police force to police service, is only one more word change away from becoming social service.

Blame Thatcher the Hatcher, slashing taxes, implementing service cuts willy nilly and keeping the rich richer: now that's "care in the community", ding dong the witch is dead.

By *entGent46Man
33 weeks ago

Malice

However, I don't condone and form of misconduct in public office before I get shit down in flames

By *atricia ParnelWoman
33 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

No it's too depressing, knowing that there are shitty people in this police/nhs/fire/military/care etc etc who treat people like turds, is something I don't need to see

By *orny PTMan
33 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I wonder if they'll release a program about the officers that get abused, assaulted and even killed in the line of duty. Oh no sorry.......that's part of the job isn't it!!!! "

That's true, but what Wayne Couzens did has seriously destroyed a lot of trust.

By *agerMorganMan
33 weeks ago

Canvey Island

"I will never excuse officers acting shitty.

However, it should never have been the police who turn up to mental health now that services have been massively underfunded, cut so far back etc.

Changing the name from police force to police service, is only one more word change away from becoming social service.

Blame Thatcher the Hatcher, slashing taxes, implementing service cuts willy nilly and keeping the rich richer: now that's "care in the community", ding dong the witch is dead."

Two words set this shit show in motion, Theresa May.

When she was Home Secretary she slashed 20,000 officers, told the Police Union that they were “crying wolf” and told to get on with the job.

Now the chickens are coming home to roost and the government is scrambling to repair the last 13+ years of damage.

Mental health services need proper funding, it needs fully reinstating, something I don’t feel even the Labour government will do.

By *entleman JayMan
33 weeks ago

Wakefield

Just putting it in now.

By *ornucopiaMan
33 weeks ago

Bexley

"Bent bastards.!!

-quoting line of duty "

The theme music should be

I'll sing you a song which won't take long..."

By *enfella4uMan
33 weeks ago

staffs

What’s this called

By *orksRockerMan
33 weeks ago

Bradford

There was an excellent drama in the 90's with Neil Pearson called Between The Lines which is all about CIB before Line of Duty. If you get the chance, I'd recommend watching that as you'd love it.

By *eedsmale36Man
33 weeks ago

Leeds

"Just watched this new series which started yesterday about the internal affairs department catching corrupt police officers.

You watch the bodycam footage about how officers dealt with members of the public in a mental health crisis and it’s really shocking.

Anyone else seen it?

"

Watched it, that copper shagging on duty made out the woman fucked him and he couldn’t get her off him, suspended on full pay for over 4 years then retired on full pension, you couldn’t make it up.

By *mber SkiesWoman
33 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

Horrendous how they treated people & they still got away with it where do you go from there I’m disgusted by it

By *ebanbetsyCouple
33 weeks ago

merseyside

Most coppers are bent FACT

Scumbags

By *ebanbetsyCouple
33 weeks ago

merseyside

Corrupt racists at a very high level

I should know av seen it with me own eyes

The most corrupt organisation there is.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
33 weeks ago

Central

"Horrendous how they treated people & they still got away with it where do you go from there I’m disgusted by it "

It was horrific, especially them getting away with it.

By *mber SkiesWoman
33 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

"Horrendous how they treated people & they still got away with it where do you go from there I’m disgusted by it

It was horrific, especially them getting away with it. "

By *rixie_BlondeWoman
33 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

[Removed by poster at 30/01/24 22:40:34]

By *panksspankedMan
33 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"I wonder if they'll release a program about the officers that get abused, assaulted and even killed in the line of duty. Oh no sorry.......that's part of the job isn't it!!!! "

You would be incredibly naive not to expect this if you joined the Police. However the speed with which Police officers doing their duty at Hillsborough were compensated compared to the innocent members of the public who suffered from the actions of the Police is perhaps pertinent to this debate

By *orny PTMan
33 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I wonder if they'll release a program about the officers that get abused, assaulted and even killed in the line of duty. Oh no sorry.......that's part of the job isn't it!!!!

You would be incredibly naive not to expect this if you joined the Police. However the speed with which Police officers doing their duty at Hillsborough were compensated compared to the innocent members of the public who suffered from the actions of the Police is perhaps pertinent to this debate "

SYP hasn't got a good record has it. What about Operation Yewtree?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
33 weeks ago

Central

What did people think of the Police Chief?

It was brave to give access to the cameras, especially when there's such a high near failure rate of the investigations . I prefer honesty, to white washing, which this programme seemed to give us.

Unfortunately, it's easy PR to give access for motorway cop type shows. I think the public definitely deserves this investigative type show instead, showing the warts and all.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
33 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"Just watched this new series which started yesterday about the internal affairs department catching corrupt police officers.

Anyone else seen it?

Watched it, that copper shagging on duty made out the woman fucked him and he couldn’t get her off him, suspended on full pay for over 4 years then retired on full pension, you couldn’t make it up. "

I sat open mouthed in disbelief at him. First of all he made me sick to my stomach with how predatory he was toward that d*unken woman.

Then his wife making every excuse for him and stroking him and saying she believes him because she loves him.

His story was just TOO off the scale to be believed. Can a man be sexually assaulted ? In my book yes.... but can anyone convince me that his story is true ....... No.

I was totally shocked at how it all went and the end result was unbelievable.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
33 weeks ago

Central

Anyone else seen it?

Watched it, that copper shagging on duty made out the woman fucked him and he couldn’t get her off him, suspended on full pay for over 4 years then retired on full pension, you couldn’t make it up.

I sat open mouthed in disbelief at him. First of all he made me sick to my stomach with how predatory he was toward that d*unken woman.

Then his wife making every excuse for him and stroking him and saying she believes him because she loves him.

His story was just TOO off the scale to be believed. Can a man be sexually assaulted ? In my book yes.... but can anyone convince me that his story is true ....... No.

I was totally shocked at how it all went and the end result was unbelievable. "

I was sickened that anyone could have had any belief in him. The story that she got on top of him, got his cock out and eventually put it inside of her . It was shameful and he had seemed to have stalked her, as you state.

By *orthernJayMan
33 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

Perhaps I’ve been unlucky, but every interaction I’ve ever had with UK police has been negative, from being caught speeding where they seem to revel in the sport of it, to reporting crime or asking for assistance.

Before I left the UK, lived in rural Kent and over two nights watched potential thieves case the farm next door; called the police. The first night they arrived, five minutes and left, the second night they didn’t bother!

Weeks later and I started receiving calls from the local mental wellbeing service; it turned out the police had referred me to them because they thought I was a drug user and having Hallucinations; I was genuinely flabbergasted!

A week later the farm was hit and of over a million quids worth of equipment and stock taken.

A close friend who’s a serving officer gave me the direct contact details to complain, didn’t even get a reply!

By *red333Man
33 weeks ago

Dorchester

Anyone else seen it?

"

if you are human you are vulnerable to corruption, so why would they be any different to anyone else

By *londebiguyMan
33 weeks ago

Southport

That is part of the job.

They know that when they take the job and train to do it.

What they also know is what is expected of them and the code of conduct they are supposed to maintain.

33 weeks ago

I watched it OP. It was extremely disturbing to see the way those 2 so called Police Officers treated that girl....

They dehumanised her. Did you see them pulling her hair....digging their fists & knees into her.

That girl is very much a victim of Police physical, emotional & mental abuse & I do so hope she's been generously compensated. She needed psychiatric medical attention not Abusive Distured Police Bullies.

33 weeks ago

I doubt they got compensated! Considering they aired that horrible vile behaviour, makes me think they’re confident it was above board for whatever reason they can think of

33 weeks ago

"I doubt they got compensated! Considering they aired that horrible vile behaviour, makes me think they’re confident it was above board for whatever reason they can think of"

^^^^^^^ "Makes me think they’re confident it was above board"

No....The programme is about new investigations into Coppers Corrupt Unlawful Behaviours....Investigating Authorities know its definitely not above board....with the evidence they have seen with that poor girl. There were 2 cases in last nights programme....(I think just 2)

By *enSiskoMan
33 weeks ago

Cestus 3

Ive been watching auditors on YouTube for years, and how the police treated them was shocking.

Eventually the auditors hit back by suing the police, using there video evidence.

There are videos of officers not identifying themselves (rouge coppers they are called), assaulting them on video etc.

So to see it now on T.V is a good thing, also I think the chief was right to invite C4 as this will put pressure on the IOCP to change and start punishing officers who do not maintain the professional standards they were train to work to.

Post new Message to Thread