Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Some of us Singles ARE genuine...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

why is it that so many people on here and other sites automatically assume that ALL single men are fakes and time wasters....

SOME of us really are genuine and really do meet when arranged....GIVE ME the respect that YOU expect and dont assume!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We quite agree fella. A lot of people do tar all single guys with the same stick, but to be honest we've met a few, and without exception they've all been good ....

Agreed there are the dreamers, fakes and frauds, but the same applies to couples and single females too

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

because they may have been let down by some.

rise above anything, don't react and you will be fine and meet the lovely people you seek.

and maybe a few less lovely

over a year ago

Sorry all but must admit I'm a fake. I'm actually a slim red headed lesbian

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"why is it that so many people on here and other sites automatically assume that ALL single men are fakes and time wasters....

SOME of us really are genuine and really do meet when arranged....GIVE ME the respect that YOU expect and dont assume!!!"

All the threads bemoaning the timewasting males I have read have not actually said ALL of them, unless I have missed one. I can understand why some people moan - three out of the last three weekends (not counting this one) I have had idiots waste my time. Now, since I only meet single guys, if I were to put up a thread about timewasters, in my case I WOULD be talking about single males. This weekend I had a lovely meet so obviously it is not ALL single men - but that is 3 out of 4 who were timewasters - that equates to 75%.

over a year ago

"Sorry all but must admit I'm a fake. I'm actually a slim red headed lesbian "

over a year ago

Here here !!!! It's almost like we're lepers ! Think you stand better luck winning the lottery lol !

Some couples/women don't even give you the time of day !

But in their defence I can imagine they get bombarded with 100's of messages and maybe 5% are actually geniune !

Viva the 5% !!!!!

over a year ago

because for some reason some people take the rants as to mean EVERY single guy.

but i am yet to read one where it states every single guy, they usually say, why do single guys have to be so rude on rejection.. which to me means the single guys who do that.. and that is not every single guy.. so therefore the question is only aimed at those that get rude..

every type here get a rep, couples do this and that, woman do this and that, Tv's do this and that.. but still there are people here meeting..

so just dont take those rants so personally unless u r one of the descibed!

just help give advice on how to windle out the bad ones.. easy huh

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"why is it that so many people on here and other sites automatically assume that ALL single men are fakes and time wasters....

SOME of us really are genuine and really do meet when arranged....GIVE ME the respect that YOU expect and dont assume!!!

All the threads bemoaning the timewasting males I have read have not actually said ALL of them, unless I have missed one. I can understand why some people moan - three out of the last three weekends (not counting this one) I have had idiots waste my time. Now, since I only meet single guys, if I were to put up a thread about timewasters, in my case I WOULD be talking about single males. This weekend I had a lovely meet so obviously it is not ALL single men - but that is 3 out of 4 who were timewasters - that equates to 75%."

I sometimes suspect that people take umbrage at the posts about single men because they have been guilty of that behaviour. If you're not part of the problem, why assume we think you are?

over a year ago

All the threads bemoaning the timewasting males I have read have not actually said ALL of them, unless I have missed one. I can understand why some people moan - three out of the last three weekends (not counting this one) I have had idiots waste my time. Now, since I only meet single guys, if I were to put up a thread about timewasters, in my case I WOULD be talking about single males. This weekend I had a lovely meet so obviously it is not ALL single men - but that is 3 out of 4 who were timewasters - that equates to 75%.

I sometimes suspect that people take umbrage at the posts about single men because they have been guilty of that behaviour. If you're not part of the problem, why assume we think you are?"

over a year ago

SOME of us really are genuine and really do meet when arranged....GIVE ME the respect that YOU expect and dont assume!!!"

I would think more people take someone at face value than not here. There are some fantastic singles about along with some great couples. You can't make people respect you but you can ignore the ones who don't as you really wouldn't want to meet them anyway.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

thank you for your comment...however...just because ppl have bad experiences they shouldnt judge everybody by that standard...rising above it though doesnt generate meets

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"thank you for your comment...however...just because ppl have bad experiences they shouldnt judge everybody by that standard...rising above it though doesnt generate meets"

We don't.

I've been stood up by two verified men on this site (ages ago) and have mentioned it in a couple of posts when people insist that verified members are 100% reliable. If you saw that you wouldn't think it was aimed at you would you? As we've never arranged to meet. So why assume that people having a rant about behaviour that has happened to them is about you?

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

uv blown it now, we are busted!! im her partner a fat brunette hi

over a year ago

"thank you for your comment...however...just because ppl have bad experiences they shouldnt judge everybody by that standard...rising above it though doesnt generate meets"

i havent met anyone that does judge others on anothers actions..

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

But they AREN'T judging everybody. They are simply venting frustrating at the number of 'single' men who appear to be timewasters. If a lot of 'single' men have wasted their time then they are entitled to do that.

over a year ago

"thank you for your comment...however...just because ppl have bad experiences they shouldnt judge everybody by that standard...rising above it though doesnt generate meets

We don't.

I've been stood up by two verified men on this site (ages ago) and have mentioned it in a couple of posts when people insist that verified members are 100% reliable. If you saw that you wouldn't think it was aimed at you would you? As we've never arranged to meet. So why assume that people having a rant about behaviour that has happened to them is about you?"

exactly wehave all had bad experiences and yet we still go on to meet others.. so just cos of one bad experience with a single male does anyone actually go.. thats it im never meeting a guy again??

over a year ago

The best tip i can give you is if you are messaging someone filter out everything else and concentrate on them at that point. If they don't reply or say no thanks move on and forget it. Not everyone is nice or polite but its not worth getting down over its their problem not yours.

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"thank you for your comment...however...just because ppl have bad experiences they shouldnt judge everybody by that standard...rising above it though doesnt generate meets

But they AREN'T judging everybody. They are simply venting frustrating at the number of 'single' men who appear to be timewasters. If a lot of 'single' men have wasted their time then they are entitled to do that."

i could name loads of single fems and couples that have wasted my time its across the board nt just the guys

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

But they AREN'T judging everybody. They are simply venting frustrating at the number of 'single' men who appear to be timewasters. If a lot of 'single' men have wasted their time then they are entitled to do that.i could name loads of single fems and couples that have wasted my time its across the board nt just the guys "

And NO ONE is saying that that does not happen. BUT if you ONLY meet single guys and are repeatedly being let down by them then you may very well set up a thread bemoaning the way some single men are timewasters.

It is not a personal attack on YOU simply because you are a single man. In the last month I have had 75% of timewasters. As I only meet single men that 75% comprises ... single men!

Do I think ALL single men are timewasters? No, otherwise I would pack up and leave. Simple logic.

over a year ago

But they AREN'T judging everybody. They are simply venting frustrating at the number of 'single' men who appear to be timewasters. If a lot of 'single' men have wasted their time then they are entitled to do that.i could name loads of single fems and couples that have wasted my time its across the board nt just the guys "

as i said every group has bad ones..

but as DB9 is so right.. is u only meet single males your not gonna have experience with couples or females and therefore you can only speak about your personal experience.. sheesh

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

If that really were the case then NO single men would get meets

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

So set up a thread about it! So what? Someone has their time wasted. It happens to be single guys as that is who they meet. They are hardly going to put up about the women who have wasted their time if they do not meet women. And likewise with couples! The logic here is not holding true.

Just because someone is complaining about being let down by single men does not automatically mean they are slagging off ALL single men - just those who have let them down.

Sheesh! How many times does that need to be said?????????

over a year ago

I couldn't care less what people think of other single guys, I'm only interested in what they think of me.

If a minority choose to pre judge or label me negatively based solely on my sex and marital status, more fool them.

We probably wouldn't get on anyway.

There's a vocal minority, but the majority on here are sensible people who appreciate that behind each profile is an individual.

Op, stay confident and positive, it's better for you and more productive than focusing on the negatives.

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

But they AREN'T judging everybody. They are simply venting frustrating at the number of 'single' men who appear to be timewasters. If a lot of 'single' men have wasted their time then they are entitled to do that.i could name loads of single fems and couples that have wasted my time its across the board nt just the guys

So set up a thread about it! So what? Someone has their time wasted. It happens to be single guys as that is who they meet. They are hardly going to put up about the women who have wasted their time if they do not meet women. And likewise with couples! The logic here is not holding true.

Just because someone is complaining about being let down by single men does not automatically mean they are slagging off ALL single men - just those who have let them down.

Sheesh! How many times does that need to be said?????????"

by you to many clearly

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

The key thing to remember here is that sweeping generalisations ARE made, sadly.

If you get a woman or couple who don't meet single guys purely because of the bad experiences they have had with timewasters/ dreamers/ fakes on here in the past, and the profile goes along the lines of:

"Not meeting anymore single men because you are all the same blah blah blah"

then that is a generalisation. Sure, the user is entitled to make such, but it i still tarring the genuine few with the same brush and limiting the chances of ever engaging with or meeting them.

I've had bad experiences with single women and couples on here. I am careful not to let that affect my _iew of both those groups as a whole though.

The use of the word ALL in some forum posts and profiles can send a powerful message.

over a year ago

But they AREN'T judging everybody. They are simply venting frustrating at the number of 'single' men who appear to be timewasters. If a lot of 'single' men have wasted their time then they are entitled to do that.i could name loads of single fems and couples that have wasted my time its across the board nt just the guys

Sheesh! How many times does that need to be said?????????by you to many clearly "

cos sadly some people cant seem to take it on board..

i do think some guys use this as the reason they cant meet.. rather than being proactive by looking at themselves and their actions and profile and improving things to increase their chances

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Get yer coat love, you've pulled

over a year ago

"The key thing to remember here is that sweeping generalisations ARE made, sadly.

If you get a woman or couple who don't meet single guys purely because of the bad experiences they have had with timewasters/ dreamers/ fakes on here in the past, and the profile goes along the lines of:

then that is a generalisation. Sure, the user is entitled to make such, but it i still tarring the genuine few with the same brush and limiting the chances of ever engaging with or meeting them.

I've had bad experiences with single women and couples on here. I am careful not to let that affect my _iew of both those groups as a whole though.

The use of the word ALL in some forum posts and profiles can send a powerful message."

ive never seen the use of the word All

over a year ago

"Sorry all but must admit I'm a fake. I'm actually a slim red headed lesbian

Get yer coat love, you've pulled "

i knew u would pop up on this thread

_nvictus - the single guys voice

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"The key thing to remember here is that sweeping generalisations ARE made, sadly.

The use of the word ALL in some forum posts and profiles can send a powerful message."

Some profiles may use the word 'ALL' but I have not seen any threads like that - though I may well have missed it. The ones I have read tend to use the word 'SOME' which, evidently from the overly sensitive responses SOME people (not ALL! ) have given, has by passed their logic circuits.

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"

ive never seen the use of the word All "

They are usually along the lines of:

"What is it with all the single males wasting our time?" or "Single males on this site are all talk and no action. Any genuine ones out there?"

There are countless profiles on here that explicitly state that the actions of a few have ruined the chance of all others.

over a year ago

"

"What is it with all the single males wasting our time?" or "Single males on this site are all talk and no action. Any genuine ones out there?"

There are countless profiles on here that explicitly state that the actions of a few have ruined the chance of all others."

eight so they are moaning about all the single males that have wasted their time.. not all single males.

and again they are talkign about the ones who are all talk and are asking for the genuiine ones to message them..

thats how i see it

over a year ago

to put ALL in the context u r taking it

it would read

why do all single males waste our time

or

why are all single males all talk and no action

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"

There are countless profiles on here that explicitly state that the actions of a few have ruined the chance of all others.

eight so they are moaning about all the single males that have wasted their time.. not all single males.

and again they are talkign about the ones who are all talk and are asking for the genuiine ones to message them..

thats how i see it"

Just to mention that i agree with you. But it is not the same way most single men who join this site see it.

We have fragile egos, you gotta give us a little bit of help once in a while

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"

There are countless profiles on here that explicitly state that the actions of a few have ruined the chance of all others."

I only look at single male profiles. However, I took the OP as meaning threads - if I took that wrongly, my mistake.

However, so some people have on their profiles that ALL are like that. Read, absorb, move on. They are no longer looking for single men so that's that. People can put what they like (within certain boundaries) on their profiles. That is their issue and their business.

over a year ago

"

thats how i see it

Just to mention that i agree with you. But it is not the same way most single men who join this site see it.

We have fragile egos, you gotta give us a little bit of help once in a while "

then maybe they arent suited for the site..

we all have to deal with some bad things to get to the good on here..

over a year ago

Guess we've been lucky as 99% of the time the single guys we've arranged with have turned up ( both verified and non verified guys) and think we've only had a couple of nasty messages back when we've politely refused the ones we weren't interested in.

Think most of the time it's our approach that counts as we tend to chat for awhile before arranging anything ( it tends to out the half hearted or fantasist types) and we always follow our instincts.

So don't be dishearted single fellas there are couples who will meet you just need to find the right ones

over a year ago

"Guess we've been lucky as 99% of the time the single guys we've arranged with have turned up ( both verified and non verified guys) and think we've only had a couple of nasty messages back when we've politely refused the ones we weren't interested in.

Think most of the time it's our approach that counts as we tend to chat for awhile before arranging anything ( it tends to out the half hearted or fantasist types) and we always follow our instincts.

So don't be dishearted single fellas there are couples who will meet you just need to find the right ones "

i think everyone has to learn.. we all come into this niavely and its a shock to find out what reality on here is like.. so it just takes time to learn and adapt to make the site work for u

By *lderguy4funMan
over a year ago

ROTHERHAM

there are a few genuine guys on here like me but must admit us single guys sometimes get a bad deal

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"there are a few genuine guys on here like me but must admit us single guys sometimes get a bad deal "

And so do single women - with so many men on here not wanting to genuinely meet but to get their vicarious thrills from winding a woman up.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"there are a few genuine guys on here like me but must admit us single guys sometimes get a bad deal

And so do single women - with so many men on here not wanting to genuinely meet but to get their vicarious thrills from winding a woman up. "

Got to agree with this. I don't like to moan (too much) about the times I've been let down but when I first joined the site I did start thinking that I was the one at fault due to some pretty bad let-downs. Single women have feelings too!

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"there are a few genuine guys on here like me but must admit us single guys sometimes get a bad deal

And so do single women - with so many men on here not wanting to genuinely meet but to get their vicarious thrills from winding a woman up.

Got to agree with this. I don't like to moan (too much) about the times I've been let down but when I first joined the site I did start thinking that I was the one at fault due to some pretty bad let-downs. Single women have feelings too! "

Yup - 3 out of my last four Saturdays wasted due to guys who had no intention of meeting - and they were verified and I had chatted to them for some time!

over a year ago

Threads like this make me laugh these days and remind me again of one of the fundamental reasons why I quit even trying to get a meet.

By *axwellTattMan
over a year ago

knutsford

A Fake,

Now I wonder what that feels like. Err pass have no idea? Because if your not you then I guess they must have MPD? That may be it?

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

And so do single women - with so many men on here not wanting to genuinely meet but to get their vicarious thrills from winding a woman up. "

do u ger wound up?? as u seem so calm

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

And so do single women - with so many men on here not wanting to genuinely meet but to get their vicarious thrills from winding a woman up. do u ger wound up?? as u seem so calm "

It's irritating. But that's it to me.

By *lderguy4funMan
over a year ago

ROTHERHAM

i am always polite to the single ladys on here and cpls never let anyone down once a meet has been set up but have been let down many times so i now only meet local or at my place that way if they dont turn up ive lost nothing apart from the time tidying up and having a bath lol but did not cost me anything

over a year ago

Well said that man

over a year ago

Well said that man"

read the other posts..

over a year ago

"Guess we've been lucky as 99% of the time the single guys we've arranged with have turned up ( both verified and non verified guys) and think we've only had a couple of nasty messages back when we've politely refused the ones we weren't interested in.

So don't be dishearted single fellas there are couples who will meet you just need to find the right ones

i think everyone has to learn.. we all come into this niavely and its a shock to find out what reality on here is like.. so it just takes time to learn and adapt to make the site work for u"

And it works well for us

Post new Message to Thread