Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why do so many jump in?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Reading a few threads this morning and its fascinating how so many people jump in on threads with frankly snide, catty and irrelevant comments.

What makes people jump in because I have never seen this happen in real life like it does on here.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Boing!

Reply privately

over a year ago

People do it in real life too. Know what you're saying. No need for it at all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its a question with no single answer as I see it some just like to portray a persona online as its a fairly safe environment. People though are allowed an opinion and it would be boring if it wasn't so but some do express it in a demeaning manner.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Its a question with no single answer as I see it some just like to portray a persona online as its a fairly safe environment. People though are allowed an opinion and it would be boring if it wasn't so but some do express it in a demeaning manner. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Most do because they are sat behind a screen. Now put them face to face and they'd soon cower, well most. Some are just plain gobby naturally!

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

more often than not it depends on the sex, tenure of the poster and/or wording of the OP

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Lots of reasons I expect.

Some jump in to the defence of others if they feel they have been unfairly treated.

Some jump in posting things OT for laughs or attention or to lighten the mood if things get too serious.

Some are just keyboard warriors who would never say to people's faces what they type on here.

Lots of other reasons too I expect but these are the main ones I can think of at the moment x

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Some people are just not happy unless its all about them.

Reply privately

By *ilmisseCouple
over a year ago

leicestershire

because its fun

Reply privately

over a year ago

I jump in because im bored and nosey

Reply privately

By *ollie_JCouple
over a year ago

London

"I jump in because im bored and nosey"

Plus one

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

E numbers...... I blame that

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because some have to be right its there _iews and there _iews only. Thay don't wish to here others opinions ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Some people are just not happy unless its all about them."

Well I don't buy that explanation at all to be honest it almost looks like what I am pointing out. So what do you mean exactly?

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Perception surely. Not everyone adopts a "there, there diddums" approach. What some may see as catty others perceive as straightforward.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Perception surely. Not everyone adopts a "there, there diddums" approach. What some may see as catty others perceive as straightforward."

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Reading a few threads this morning and its fascinating how so many people jump in on threads with frankly snide, catty and irrelevant comments.

What makes people jump in because I have never seen this happen in real life like it does on here. "

probably the same reason that when in their cars some folks develop a different personality..

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Some people are just not happy unless its all about them.

Well I don't buy that explanation at all to be honest it almost looks like what I am pointing out. So what do you mean exactly?"

My point exactly: perception.

I see nothing untoward about the comment but you see something sinister.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Perception surely. Not everyone adopts a "there, there diddums" approach. What some may see as catty others perceive as straightforward."

Well I am far from there there there approach myself but sometimes its almost as though people don't read a thread they just jump in and make a fool of themselves. I know some remarks don't always seem catty to all but often you look again and its hard to say they are not in the cold light.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well I am far from there there there approach myself but sometimes its almost as though people don't read a thread they just jump in and make a fool of themselves. I know some remarks don't always seem catty to all but often you look again and its hard to say they are not in the cold light.

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

LOOK AT MY MUM EVERYONE!!

...what where you saying?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Well I don't buy that explanation at all to be honest it almost looks like what I am pointing out. So what do you mean exactly?"

I honestly personally think that some people post mean spirited replies on posts to get people to reply to their post and not the OP. They don't mind what attention they get, as long as it is attention.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

LOOK AT MY MUM EVERYONE!!

...what where you saying? "

Pants down young man. Its time for Mr and Mrs Spank to pay a visit to bottyland.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Because some have to be right its there _iews and there _iews only. Thay don't wish to here others opinions .."

There is a lot in that but then if someone asks a question and get all and sundry bitching over it is that right? I really struggle to see anything other than frustrated people at times.

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Well I don't buy that explanation at all to be honest it almost looks like what I am pointing out. So what do you mean exactly?

I honestly personally think that some people post mean spirited replies on posts to get people to reply to their post and not the OP. They don't mind what attention they get, as long as it is attention."

I notice this a lot!! X

Reply privately

over a year ago

I honestly personally think that some people post mean spirited replies on posts to get people to reply to their post and not the OP. They don't mind what attention they get, as long as it is attention."

But isn't everyone posting for attention surely?

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I honestly personally think that some people post mean spirited replies on posts to get people to reply to their post and not the OP. They don't mind what attention they get, as long as it is attention.

But isn't everyone posting for attention surely?"

I do

Reply privately

over a year ago

I notice this a lot!! X"

To be honest some of your comments prompted me asking the question in the first place. Is that why you do it then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do "

Lol I was starting to think I was on my own doing it for a minute.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Most do because they are sat behind a screen. Now put them face to face and they'd soon cower, well most. Some are just plain gobby naturally!"
LOL THATS ME.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

But isn't everyone posting for attention surely?"

This is a tough one. If you asked, then 99% would say no, but in a way they are. As posting at its basic level is a way of saying 'look at me!' But posting a chatty post on the Lounge forum on a quiet Sunday is more likely to be a way of saying 'here I am and I want to share this thought with you', whereas replying in a mean spirited way is saying 'here I am and I want everyone to get cross with me so I can fight with them'. Both ways of attracting attention, but with different motivations.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"because its fun"

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I notice this a lot!! X

To be honest some of your comments prompted me asking the question in the first place. Is that why you do it then?"

I don't recall making any snide, catty or irrelevant comments tbh? Care to elaborate?

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Many and varied reasons you will never fathom out in a million years.

ANY post or reply can be read as unpleasant or catty by someone to be honest. Some posters will just naturally wind you up (often not even intentionally), others seem to take a delight in it and claim it's debate or free speech. There are those who won't let go of something and rattle on and on despite the general trend in the thread 'getting it' ... and many others...

Don't bother trying to figure it out, you'll go mad. Just be yourself and obey the forum rules - you only have control over your own posts afterall.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Because some have to be right its there _iews and there _iews only. Thay don't wish to here others opinions ..

There is a lot in that but then if someone asks a question and get all and sundry bitching over it is that right? I really struggle to see anything other than frustrated people at times."

I love a good forum post here and be sad if people did not post as it makes fab for me and a real mix... I think at times you have to just be true to yourself and know its your own _iew that's what makes it special to you. people can have there own ... as long as people respect that and others here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Most do because they are sat behind a screen. Now put them face to face and they'd soon cower, well most. Some are just plain gobby naturally!LOL THATS ME. "
the gobby bit

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is a tough one. If you asked, then 99% would say no, but in a way they are. As posting at its basic level is a way of saying 'look at me!' But posting a chatty post on the Lounge forum on a quiet Sunday is more likely to be a way of saying 'here I am and I want to share this thought with you', whereas replying in a mean spirited way is saying 'here I am and I want everyone to get cross with me so I can fight with them'. Both ways of attracting attention, but with different motivations."

People will say no though surely as being an attention seeker is for some reason frowned on by many though in many circumstances like on fab I don't see why. I mean if people weren't after attention there would be no pictures for a start.

I sometimes do think the troll/attention seeker is used as a stick to bash by people who do exactly the same themselves. I am not saying 2 wrongs make a right but its fascinating to watch at times.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

To be honest I find this thread ironic, making snide remarks about others making snide remarks.

But just my perception of course.

Reply privately

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

"Most do because they are sat behind a screen. Now put them face to face and they'd soon cower, well most. Some are just plain gobby naturally!"

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

The other thing to consider is that a large group of people will never ever stay on topic, whether on here or in real life. There will always be the thinkers, the speakers, the interjectors, the jokers, the clarifiers, and the arguers. To keep a post firmly on topic with only serious and thought out replies would be like herding cats.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Many and varied reasons you will never fathom out in a million years.

ANY post or reply can be read as unpleasant or catty by someone to be honest. Some posters will just naturally wind you up (often not even intentionally), others seem to take a delight in it and claim it's debate or free speech. There are those who won't let go of something and rattle on and on despite the general trend in the thread 'getting it' ... and many others...

Don't bother trying to figure it out, you'll go mad. Just be yourself and obey the forum rules - you only have control over your own posts afterall.

"

The whole point though is I like to figure people out and work out what makes them tick and why they react in certain ways.

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"To be honest I find this thread ironic, making snide remarks about others making snide remarks.

But just my perception of course."

...and

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I sometimes do think the troll/attention seeker is used as a stick to bash by people who do exactly the same themselves. I am not saying 2 wrongs make a right but its fascinating to watch at times. "

It is incorrect to call someone a troll or attention seeker for disagreeing with you. It is not incorrect to call them a troll or attention seeker if they persist in straw man arguments and ad hominen attacks. Someone who posts to maliciously derail the intent of a post is a troll - thats why they do it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"To be honest I find this thread ironic, making snide remarks about others making snide remarks.

But just my perception of course."

Possibly it is but is it not better to start a fresh thread than hijack another? I am not forcing people to post on it or even read it its a choice for each person but how do you find out things if you don't ask a question?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think most people do it to get some attention, get noticed and maybe even get a meet?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have to say that I would have normally commented but given that both seemed to go down a not so nice route, I decided not to bother.

Keyboard warriors, people who are wimps in real life but become brave on here and say whatever they like as they don't have to stare them in the face. Also those who I think are quite nasty people that I think are the same outside of Fab as they are on here.

I think one can get an impression of what someone is like by the way they say what they post not just what they post.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I sometimes do think the troll/attention seeker is used as a stick to bash by people who do exactly the same themselves. I am not saying 2 wrongs make a right but its fascinating to watch at times.

It is incorrect to call someone a troll or attention seeker for disagreeing with you. It is not incorrect to call them a troll or attention seeker if they persist in straw man arguments and ad hominen attacks. Someone who posts to maliciously derail the intent of a post is a troll - thats why they do it."

So is ignoring someone not the right thing to do rather than calling them a troll or an attention seeker? My point I guess is isn't the person telling other people they are this or that equally bad?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think most people do it to get some attention, get noticed and maybe even get a meet?"

I have to say given some of the nastiness, they are definitely not doing themselves any favour in the meet score that's for sure

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think most people do it to get some attention, get noticed and maybe even get a meet?"

I think you are more than likely right with some of the positive comments.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I sometimes do think the troll/attention seeker is used as a stick to bash by people who do exactly the same themselves. I am not saying 2 wrongs make a right but its fascinating to watch at times.

It is incorrect to call someone a troll or attention seeker for disagreeing with you. It is not incorrect to call them a troll or attention seeker if they persist in straw man arguments and ad hominen attacks. Someone who posts to maliciously derail the intent of a post is a troll - thats why they do it.

So is ignoring someone not the right thing to do rather than calling them a troll or an attention seeker? My point I guess is isn't the person telling other people they are this or that equally bad?"

I don't agree in calling people trolls on a thread as that just feeds into their hands anyway. As soon as you acknowledge them they get what they want. Doesn't stop me from thinking they are trolls and attention seekers though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Most do because they are sat behind a screen. Now put them face to face and they'd soon cower, well most. Some are just plain gobby naturally! "
I do think at times .... what are thay like in life and face to face .Would some still come across like it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Boing! "
Said Zebedee

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

It is incorrect to call someone a troll or attention seeker for disagreeing with you. It is not incorrect to call them a troll or attention seeker if they persist in straw man arguments and ad hominen attacks. Someone who posts to maliciously derail the intent of a post is a troll - thats why they do it."

Someone who understands a troll.

'Derailing' a thread isn't trolling (feck, if it is all my Facebook friends are ALL trolls). Trolls argue a point over, under, around and upsidedown to simply get a reaction... then they troll that... then they troll the reaction to it again... repeat until someones walks away or dies of boredom.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So is ignoring someone not the right thing to do rather than calling them a troll or an attention seeker? My point I guess is isn't the person telling other people they are this or that equally bad?

I don't agree in calling people trolls on a thread as that just feeds into their hands anyway. As soon as you acknowledge them they get what they want. Doesn't stop me from thinking they are trolls and attention seekers though. "

So ignoring them isn't the best answer then?

you see I see the people who use the troll word as decisive and the intent is to insult nothing more and they are as bad if not worse than someone opinion they don't like.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Someone who understands a troll.

'Derailing' a thread isn't trolling (feck, if it is all my Facebook friends are ALL trolls). Trolls argue a point over, under, around and upsidedown to simply get a reaction... then they troll that... then they troll the reaction to it again... repeat until someones walks away or dies of boredom. "

But you are happy to jump in and point the finger and shout? Why not just ignore someone if their opinion differs to yours?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"So ignoring them isn't the best answer then?

you see I see the people who use the troll word as decisive and the intent is to insult nothing more and they are as bad if not worse than someone opinion they don't like.

"

I personally would ignore them. I am not everybody else though.

Troll is not actually an insult. People who are trolls are proud of the fact, however much they then turn that phrase into another part of their argument. They are happy to be thought of as some sort of 'internet warrior', pointing out grammatical or syntax errors until people are crying from frustration. They just pretend to be mortally insulted.

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

I think I'm going to bow out as I'm in danger of giving a feck here

Ironically I think there are far to many posts telling people how they should or shouldn't post at the minute in my opinion

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I think I'm going to bow out as I'm in danger of giving a feck here

Ironically I think there are far to many posts telling people how they should or shouldn't post at the minute in my opinion "

Aye, its time for my annual bath. My daughter has finally worked out its Mothers day and is taking me out for scoff tonight. I'll be wearing my baggy pants.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Troll is not actually an insult. People who are trolls are proud of the fact, however much they then turn that phrase into another part of their argument. They are happy to be thought of as some sort of 'internet warrior', pointing out grammatical or syntax errors until people are crying from frustration. They just pretend to be mortally insulted."

Ok you would ignore but you didn't today so why the difference? I am curious to know why you say you would now but looking back didn't an hour or so ago.

The spelling grammar police I see, I don't like it but I ignore or I am pretty much sure I do. The internet warriors I ignore too as they are not the sort I would like to meet so seeing it happen I tend to block too. The troll thing well however you look at it its a derogatory comment sorry but it is. Attention seeker is better in my book but its far easier to ignore as I see ti.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I normally sit back and eat the popcorn while I watch the bun fight.

However, from time to time the little imp in me would make me flick a popcorn at peeps.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Troll is not actually an insult. People who are trolls are proud of the fact, however much they then turn that phrase into another part of their argument. They are happy to be thought of as some sort of 'internet warrior', pointing out grammatical or syntax errors until people are crying from frustration. They just pretend to be mortally insulted.

Ok you would ignore but you didn't today so why the difference? I am curious to know why you say you would now but looking back didn't an hour or so ago.

The spelling grammar police I see, I don't like it but I ignore or I am pretty much sure I do. The internet warriors I ignore too as they are not the sort I would like to meet so seeing it happen I tend to block too. The troll thing well however you look at it its a derogatory comment sorry but it is. Attention seeker is better in my book but its far easier to ignore as I see ti. "

I didn't call anyone a troll.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ironically I think there are far to many posts telling people how they should or shouldn't post at the minute in my opinion "

As far as I am aware I am not telling people what they should or shouldn't do I was just asking questions. If you can point out people other than yourself telling people they shouldn't post this or that point them out please.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The spelling grammar police I see, I don't like it but I ignore or I am pretty much sure I do. The internet warriors I ignore too as they are not the sort I would like to meet so seeing it happen I tend to block too. The troll thing well however you look at it its a derogatory comment sorry but it is. Attention seeker is better in my book but its far easier to ignore as I see ti.

I didn't call anyone a troll. "

Where did I say you did? You said personally would ignore them I was asking why you didn't and claim people were desperate for attention?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I normally sit back and eat the popcorn while I watch the bun fight.

However, from time to time the little imp in me would make me flick a popcorn at peeps. "

I do the same many a time and just read rather than post comments. Sometimes its fascinating to watch how people react. It got me thinking today thats why I asked the question in this thread.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Where did I say you did? You said personally would ignore them I was asking why you didn't and claim people were desperate for attention?"

I did ignore them. I didn't engage either of the posters on the other thread that I though were being mean spirited, and the 'desperate' for attention comment was a) in reply to another poster and b) in the spirit of the original post, which was about ways people show desperation.

We are all alllowed to use the forums in anyway we wish, within the forum rules. People are allowed to be arses, and people are allowed to comment on that arsiness. Its just the way it is. On another day I may have not commented at all. It depends on my mood.

Its a conundrum I know, but I guess its just the way it is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where did I say you did? You said personally would ignore them I was asking why you didn't and claim people were desperate for attention?

I did ignore them. I didn't engage either of the posters on the other thread that I though were being mean spirited, and the 'desperate' for attention comment was a) in reply to another poster and b) in the spirit of the original post, which was about ways people show desperation.

We are all alllowed to use the forums in anyway we wish, within the forum rules. People are allowed to be arses, and people are allowed to comment on that arsiness. Its just the way it is. On another day I may have not commented at all. It depends on my mood.

Its a conundrum I know, but I guess its just the way it is."

Lol Ok we shall agree to differ as I see it posting a comment saying people are desperate attention isn't ignoring but if you think it is its pointless continuing. I was only interested in why you said one thing but did another but its not going to happen. I do get some of what you say but not a lot of the other.

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Ironically I think there are far to many posts telling people how they should or shouldn't post at the minute in my opinion

As far as I am aware I am not telling people what they should or shouldn't do I was just asking questions. If you can point out people other than yourself telling people they shouldn't post this or that point them out please. "

Okay, you seem to genuinely want to understand so I'll bow back in.

Firstly, I never called anyone a troll, I simply said 'don't feed the trolls' - a common internet phrase designed to alert people to the fact people are (in your opinion) displaying trollish behaviour and seeking only to irritate and provoke people. A 'heads up' warning to people you think it's occuring that might just alert them to not getting sucked in.

Secondly, I said that 'ironically... in my opinion' there are too many folk telling others how they should post. I didn't say it should not be allowed or that they should be censored at all. At no point have I told anyone how they should post - I have merely expressed my opinion on the matter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thought that was the idea of a forum. Anyone can jump in with their opinion ???

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"Thought that was the idea of a forum. Anyone can jump in with their opinion ???"

Reply privately

over a year ago

As far as I am aware I am not telling people what they should or shouldn't do I was just asking questions. If you can point out people other than yourself telling people they shouldn't post this or that point them out please.

Firstly, I never called anyone a troll, I simply said 'don't feed the trolls' - a common internet phrase designed to alert people to the fact people are (in your opinion) displaying trollish behaviour and seeking only to irritate and provoke people. A 'heads up' warning to people you think it's occuring that might just alert them to not getting sucked in.

Secondly, I said that 'ironically... in my opinion' there are too many folk telling others how they should post. I didn't say it should not be allowed or that they should be censored at all. At no point have I told anyone how they should post - I have merely expressed my opinion on the matter."

You are quite clever with your 'S' you actually said 'Don't feed the troll' and putting an S on it is very decisive as it deflects from an individual you were aiming it at to many.

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Just had a thought - if everybody had to pay a fine in the shape of a cake/ chocolate/ glass of wine etc for everytime they upset somebody... and if the fines (collectively) were distributed on a Friday night at a forum party... we would ALL benefit?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thought that was the idea of a forum. Anyone can jump in with their opinion ???"

An opinion is very different to a catty or personal remark though although some are uncomfortable with this being pointed out.

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Secondly, I said that 'ironically... in my opinion' there are too many folk telling others how they should post. I didn't say it should not be allowed or that they should be censored at all. At no point have I told anyone how they should post - I have merely expressed my opinion on the matter.

You are quite clever with your 'S' you actually said 'Don't feed the troll' and putting an S on it is very decisive as it deflects from an individual you were aiming it at to many. "

I think you're over analysing peoples comments myself. Mine included.

Sometimes I see something and feel I want to express my opinion, I don't spend ages typing it and tend to fire from the hip. Sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes I'm just giving my opinion, sometimes I'm convinced I'm right, often I'm just having a laugh or just being daft ... and sometimes I change my mind and mood from one day to the next.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Possibly it is but is it not better to start a fresh thread than hijack another? I am not forcing people to post on it or even read it its a choice for each person but how do you find out things if you don't ask a question?"

People hijack threads all the time. Mostly it's people turning them into love ins.

If you don't want people to read and comment on your thread, posted on an open forum, what's your point?

I'm not being catty, just don't see your point of _iew.

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

Sometimes I see something and feel I want to express my opinion, I don't spend ages typing it and tend to fire from the hip. Sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes I'm just giving my opinion, sometimes I'm convinced I'm right, often I'm just having a laugh or just being daft ... and sometimes I change my mind and mood from one day to the next. "

That would sum it up nicely for me.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

sometimes to goad a poster for a reaction that takes him/her/them outside of the rules, then a celebration occurs

Reply privately

over a year ago

You are quite clever with your 'S' you actually said 'Don't feed the troll' and putting an S on it is very decisive as it deflects from an individual you were aiming it at to many.

Sometimes I see something and feel I want to express my opinion, I don't spend ages typing it and tend to fire from the hip. Sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes I'm just giving my opinion, sometimes I'm convinced I'm right, often I'm just having a laugh or just being daft ... and sometimes I change my mind and mood from one day to the next. "

I think you would like me to believe I am over over analysing as the alternative is uncomfortable for you its there in black and white.

There is nothing wrong with expressing an opinion if its done as an opinion on the subject rather than another poster. Do I believe you were having a laugh as you now claim. No I think you you are bright enough to know exactly what you are doing.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Just had a thought - if everybody had to pay a fine in the shape of a cake/ chocolate/ glass of wine etc for everytime they upset somebody... and if the fines (collectively) were distributed on a Friday night at a forum party... we would ALL benefit? "

I could point out several flaws in this idea..... I know you'd get upset tho :P

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Thought that was the idea of a forum. Anyone can jump in with their opinion ???

An opinion is very different to a catty or personal remark though although some are uncomfortable with this being pointed out. "

You can't argue with that

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thought that was the idea of a forum. Anyone can jump in with their opinion ???

An opinion is very different to a catty or personal remark though although some are uncomfortable with this being pointed out.

You can't argue with that"

gran your one woman i should love to meet face to face xxx land you a big kiss on lips , lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Possibly it is but is it not better to start a fresh thread than hijack another? I am not forcing people to post on it or even read it its a choice for each person but how do you find out things if you don't ask a question?

People hijack threads all the time. Mostly it's people turning them into love ins.

If you don't want people to read and comment on your thread, posted on an open forum, what's your point?

I'm not being catty, just don't see your point of _iew.

"

I don't see anything you are saying as catty it has a lot of validity in it and you are right once its in an open forum its free for all to comment. Hijacking I have no real problem with although like you the lovins are a little sickly to me but some like them so I leave them to it. Its the sly comments of the ones that come out of the blue without any other interaction between people that are obvious in intent. I was curious what drove people to make such remarks thats all.

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Just had a thought - if everybody had to pay a fine in the shape of a cake/ chocolate/ glass of wine etc for everytime they upset somebody... and if the fines (collectively) were distributed on a Friday night at a forum party... we would ALL benefit?

I could point out several flaws in this idea..... I know you'd get upset tho :P"

I had already put my body armour on...its ok, Gran - give it you best shot

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like Trolls they might be ugly but are lovely.

Trolls live in harmony with and even protect nature (hence their dislike of humans). They live with their extended families and work and play together. They horde gold and jewels because they enjoy the look of them.

Mrs F

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 10/03/13 14:38:51]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well pucker up .... n I'll put my teeth in...... "
You better i am not into gums , only fruit ones .

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Just had a thought - if everybody had to pay a fine in the shape of a cake/ chocolate/ glass of wine etc for everytime they upset somebody... and if the fines (collectively) were distributed on a Friday night at a forum party... we would ALL benefit?

I could point out several flaws in this idea..... I know you'd get upset tho :PI had already put my body armour on...its ok, Gran - give it you best shot "

That's really upset me that has! Pay your fine of one cabernet sauvignon!

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Its the sly comments of the ones that come out of the blue without any other interaction between people that are obvious in intent. I was curious what drove people to make such remarks thats all. "

I'd be careful with the assumption that there has never been any other interaction between people. There may not have on that post or thread, but you never know what has transpired between two people on the site as a whole.

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

I could point out several flaws in this idea..... I know you'd get upset tho :PI had already put my body armour on...its ok, Gran - give it you best shot

"

Phew, got away llllllightly Forum Party not til Friday though.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Its the sly comments of the ones that come out of the blue without any other interaction between people that are obvious in intent. I was curious what drove people to make such remarks thats all.

I'd be careful with the assumption that there has never been any other interaction between people. There may not have on that post or thread, but you never know what has transpired between two people on the site as a whole."

Seconded.

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Perhaps some people make the mistake of thinking that if they entitled to HOLD an opinion then they have the right to 'voice' it regardless of whether it is relevant, offensive, rude, aggressive, confrontational or whatever else.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean everyone has to be exposed to it. And before anyone says, 'well you don't have to read it' my answer is; if I don't read it I don't know if it is offensive or not!!

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I could point out several flaws in this idea..... I know you'd get upset tho :PI had already put my body armour on...its ok, Gran - give it you best shot

Phew, got away llllllightly Forum Party not til Friday though. "

That upset me even more. Bring a bottle .... !

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

I'd be careful with the assumption that there has never been any other interaction between people. There may not have on that post or thread, but you never know what has transpired between two people on the site as a whole."

That is actually a valid point and in the forums you would not see that or know about it. For that that reason I probably would not seek interaction in the forums with anybody who has blocked me ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Its the sly comments of the ones that come out of the blue without any other interaction between people that are obvious in intent. I was curious what drove people to make such remarks thats all.

I will rephrase that as it should have been on the thread in question. Yes I know there is bad blood between some and dislike and well aware thats why some remarks are made. It can be a follow on from previous threads or other areas as some have long memories.

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

That upset me even more. Bring a bottle .... !"

Jeeze, is that the rate of inflation now? When will you stop?????

Reply privately

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

Simple.....the anonymity the internet affords.

If you think it is bad here, try some other internet forums. Mob mentality is king.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Perhaps some people make the mistake of thinking that if they entitled to HOLD an opinion then they have the right to 'voice' it regardless of whether it is relevant, offensive, rude, aggressive, confrontational or whatever else.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean everyone has to be exposed to it. And before anyone says, 'well you don't have to read it' my answer is; if I don't read it I don't know if it is offensive or not!! "

Having an opinion has nothing to do with making snide or catty remarks to other posters does it?

Everyone can have an opinion as its their right but jumping in with remarks aimed at a person not the topic i don't get.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

That upset me even more. Bring a bottle .... !Jeeze, is that the rate of inflation now? When will you stop?????"

When you stop heartlessly upsetting me. How many bottles in a case ?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"

I'd be careful with the assumption that there has never been any other interaction between people. There may not have on that post or thread, but you never know what has transpired between two people on the site as a whole.That is actually a valid point and in the forums you would not see that or know about it. For that that reason I probably would not seek interaction in the forums with anybody who has blocked me .. "

Ditto, and it is part of the forum rules to not use the forum to contact people who have blocked people.

Not that I block people I disagree with on the forums. They have to post something pretty extreme for me to do that!

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Sometimes I see something and feel I want to express my opinion, I don't spend ages typing it and tend to fire from the hip. Sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes I'm just giving my opinion, sometimes I'm convinced I'm right, often I'm just having a laugh or just being daft ... and sometimes I change my mind and mood from one day to the next.

I think you would like me to believe I am over over analysing as the alternative is uncomfortable for you its there in black and white.

There is nothing wrong with expressing an opinion if its done as an opinion on the subject rather than another poster. Do I believe you were having a laugh as you now claim. No I think you you are bright enough to know exactly what you are doing. "

I never claimed 'I was having a laugh' in that thread - you are misinterpreting everything I say, possibly deliberately, and will no doubt argue this in circles for eternity (or 175 posts, whichever arrives first). Judge me as you like, I know me and my friends and family know me and that's good enough.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Perhaps some people make the mistake of thinking that if they entitled to HOLD an opinion then they have the right to 'voice' it regardless of whether it is relevant, offensive, rude, aggressive, confrontational or whatever else.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean everyone has to be exposed to it. And before anyone says, 'well you don't have to read it' my answer is; if I don't read it I don't know if it is offensive or not!!

Having an opinion has nothing to do with making snide or catty remarks to other posters does it?

Everyone can have an opinion as its their right but jumping in with remarks aimed at a person not the topic i don't get. "

'Getting it' would need to be as varied as there are people. i.e. reasons could range from paranoia, personal dislike, sociopathy, drink, drugs , depression , boredom, emotional inadequacy and plain old psycopathy.

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

I'd be careful with the assumption that there has never been any other interaction between people. There may not have on that post or thread, but you never know what has transpired between two people on the site as a whole.That is actually a valid point and in the forums you would not see that or know about it. For that that reason I probably would not seek interaction in the forums with anybody who has blocked me ..

Ditto, and it is part of the forum rules to not use the forum to contact people who have blocked people.

Not that I block people I disagree with on the forums. They have to post something pretty extreme for me to do that!"

PS I now have to think of something nice to say to Granny!!!

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

'Getting it' would need to be as varied as there are people. i.e. reasons could range from paranoia, personal dislike, sociopathy, drink, drugs , depression , boredom, emotional inadequacy and plain old psycopathy.

"

Granny, you promised me you d be discreet about me!!!

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"

I'd be careful with the assumption that there has never been any other interaction between people. There may not have on that post or thread, but you never know what has transpired between two people on the site as a whole.That is actually a valid point and in the forums you would not see that or know about it. For that that reason I probably would not seek interaction in the forums with anybody who has blocked me ..

Not that I block people I disagree with on the forums. They have to post something pretty extreme for me to do that!

PS I now have to think of something nice to say to Granny!!!"

Are you patronising me merely to avoid a fine of one bottle of merlot? I am wounded!!

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

Granny, you promised me you d be discreet about me!!!"

So claim a barrel or two !

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Everyone can have an opinion as its their right but jumping in with remarks aimed at a person not the topic i don't get.

"

and just being a plain old argumentative cunt

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

Are you patronising me merely to avoid a fine of one bottle of merlot? I am wounded!! "

You're wounded ! If Merlot is the payment then I'm mortified !

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

Are you patronising me merely to avoid a fine of one bottle of merlot? I am wounded!! "

Afraid so. Didnt work... now I got two against me.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

and just being a plain old argumentative cunt "

Hahahaaaaaa yeah .....that too xxxxxx

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

Are you patronising me merely to avoid a fine of one bottle of merlot? I am wounded!! Afraid so. Didnt work... now I got two against me. "

infamy infamy they got it in for me

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

Are you patronising me merely to avoid a fine of one bottle of merlot? I am wounded!!

You're wounded ! If Merlot is the payment then I'm mortified !"

THink I am going tin introduce a 2 hr ban for myself before I end up buying all the drinks on the Friday forum party... Gee... some people

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

and just being a plain old argumentative cunt "

Sorry, View I cannot take words like THAT into my mouth ...

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

You're wounded ! If Merlot is the payment then I'm mortified !THink I am going tin introduce a 2 hr ban for myself before I end up buying all the drinks on the Friday forum party... Gee... some people "

Never mind a self imposed ban. I think flagellation is the order of the day.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I think you are not wrong there to an extent I just find it fascinating where some comments are feet first and you look back through the thread or on the green tick and its not obvious as to why they were made in such a manner. I think I was under the misguided hope someone might explain why they did it but thinking about it its not going to happen.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

and just being a plain old argumentative cunt Sorry, View I cannot take words like THAT into my mouth ... "

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

You're wounded ! If Merlot is the payment then I'm mortified !THink I am going tin introduce a 2 hr ban for myself before I end up buying all the drinks on the Friday forum party... Gee... some people

Never mind a self imposed ban. I think flagellation is the order of the day."

Please, dont bring flatulation onto the forums again...;-)

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Everyone can have an opinion as its their right but jumping in with remarks aimed at a person not the topic i don't get. "

Some opinions are snide and catty. And, yes, people can have an opinion but they do not automatically have the RIGHT to simply share it.

I do agree with you saying that comments aimed at the individual and not discussing the topic is unsavoury - but I see that time and time again on here - and on other forums. But people feel that they can say things through a computer they would never dare do face to face. Just the way it is - not saying it is right, of course, but I doubt it is going to change.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

In my experience and i'm quoting ONLY from my experience - people seldom hold their hands up to their part....( here anyway )

So much whitewash so little time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You will always get the people hijacking and destroying a thread for their own amusement

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

You're wounded ! If Merlot is the payment then I'm mortified !THink I am going tin introduce a 2 hr ban for myself before I end up buying all the drinks on the Friday forum party... Gee... some people

Never mind a self imposed ban. I think flagellation is the order of the day.Please, dont bring flatulation onto the forums again...;-)"

I'd be upset if you got wind of it and fine you at least a Bolly !

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"You will always get the people hijacking and destroying a thread for their own amusement "

Hands up to that one

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"You will always get the people hijacking and destroying a thread for their own amusement

Hands up to that one "

Naughty Granny Never catch me doing that for a cheap laugh ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/03/13 15:06:10]

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"In my experience and i'm quoting ONLY from my experience - people seldom hold their hands up to their part....( here anyway )

So much whitewash so little time."

1000% agree..... the pointing out of the failings in others is a masterclass at times.

very few will recognise their own, a clever summary of snidey comments made by others will be a veiled snidy comment aimed at certain people.

it won't change anytime soon....

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Never mind a self imposed ban. I think flagellation is the order of the day.Please, dont bring flatulation onto the forums again...;-)

I'd be upset if you got wind of it and fine you at least a Bolly !"

For free Bolly she can insult me all she likes.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I do it

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't mind ppl jumping in but I had jobsworths jump in in mine last night cos I had posted same thread in different forums, which I didn't know wasn't allowed. I done it as I thought perhaps different ppl would frequent different forums. Geeeze you would have thought I had committed a hanus crime lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is nothing wrong with expressing an opinion if its done as an opinion on the subject rather than another poster. Do I believe you were having a laugh as you now claim. No I think you you are bright enough to know exactly what you are doing.

I never claimed 'I was having a laugh' in that thread - you are misinterpreting everything I say, possibly deliberately, and will no doubt argue this in circles for eternity (or 175 posts, whichever arrives first). Judge me as you like, I know me and my friends and family know me and that's good enough. "

Ok so if you weren't having a laugh it was serious intent well thats fine i was more interested in getting to the bottom of people motivation and intent. Now you may think I have misinterpreted you but you would as anyone would as people don't like to be uncomfortable with things being pointed out. I am not here to judge you either but that does go both ways if things are to be fair. I was more interested why people do things in a 2 footed way

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

2 late! saw it with my own too eyes !

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

No discomfort here, I can assure you

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"No discomfort here, I can assure you "

Do you want some?

Reply privately

By *ss2011Man
over a year ago

Leeds/Bradford

This, and only this.

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Invictus is currently experiencing technical issues on certain threads. In the mean time please select a responce that is suitable to your needs from the following list:

1. Yeah, couldn't agree more! Grrr!

2. No way! That's terrible!

3. Because they can, it's just one of those things. Move on and forget it.

4. Glitter!

5. It's almost certainly related to them being married.

6. Trying using the site tools differently, that might help.

7. No there isn't.... or then again, is there?

8. I'm really not bothered either way to be honest.

9. I deny everything!!

10. It's like a pub or a spectrum thingy I believe. Ask Fabio.

11. All of the above.

12. Meh!

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Some people dont know any other than to post mean spirited. Some will say the most ridiculous thing just to go against the grain.

People have different opinions, there are sycophants, there are people that tell it how it is. There are different people with different opinions. None of these are wrong, its when people go out of their way to put a negative slant on things for no other reason than to fuel a sometimes not even lit fire

Reply privately

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"Some people dont know any other than to post mean spirited. Some will say the most ridiculous thing just to go against the grain.

People have different opinions, there are sycophants, there are people that tell it how it is. There are different people with different opinions. None of these are wrong, its when people go out of their way to put a negative slant on things for no other reason than to fuel a sometimes not even lit fire"

So eloquent

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Some people dont know any other than to post mean spirited. Some will say the most ridiculous thing just to go against the grain.

People have different opinions, there are sycophants, there are people that tell it how it is. There are different people with different opinions. None of these are wrong, its when people go out of their way to put a negative slant on things for no other reason than to fuel a sometimes not even lit fire

So eloquent "

seconded

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

be pretty boring if everone just posted normal comments all of the time, nothing wrong with a good old forum argument if it doesnt get personal

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"be pretty boring if everone just posted normal comments all of the time, nothing wrong with a good old forum argument if it doesnt get personal"

But it often descends in to that.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"be pretty boring if everone just posted normal comments all of the time, nothing wrong with a good old forum argument if it doesnt get personal

But it often descends in to that."

FIGHT!!!

I don't know why people are being held to a higher standard on the forums all of a sudden. People are people. Who knows why some people post what they post when they post it.

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"be pretty boring if everone just posted normal comments all of the time, nothing wrong with a good old forum argument if it doesnt get personal

FIGHT!!!

I don't know why people are being held to a higher standard on the forums all of a sudden. People are people. Who knows why some people post what they post when they post it."

I think some people have an overdeveloped pedantic bone. I believe with surgery it can be removed but it tends to grow back.

No general anaesthetic is required.

Reply privately

over a year ago

i think some people act as if they are the most important thing on these forums..

then have to post on every thread even if its not relevant

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

FIGHT!!!

I don't know why people are being held to a higher standard on the forums all of a sudden. People are people. Who knows why some people post what they post when they post it.

I think some people have an overdeveloped pedantic bone. I believe with surgery it can be removed but it tends to grow back.

No general anaesthetic is required."

Reply privately

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"i think some people act as if they are the most important thing on these forums..

then have to post on every thread even if its not relevant"

Reply privately

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 10/03/13 16:08:40]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I spend time in the forums for lighthearted fun, and shall not let peeps I don't care about get to me.

I am a nice pussy cat, however, when stroked the wrong way, the claws will come out!

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

FIGHT!!!

No general anaesthetic is required."

Indeed

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

FIGHT!!!

I don't know why people are being held to a higher standard on the forums all of a sudden. People are people. Who knows why some people post what they post when they post it."

Erm...Vici boi's number 3?!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's amazing how even on a forum such as this there can be drama, just let the remarks bounce like water off a ducks back

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

FIGHT!!!

Erm...Vici boi's number 3?!! "

Thats an awfully useful reference guide.

Reply privately

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

just let the remarks bounce like water off a ducks back"

Nah. Its kept the punters amused for 4 hours on a cold Sunday afternoon....

Reply privately

By *all-Eddies QosCouple
over a year ago

wirral

[Removed by poster at 10/03/13 16:19:27]

Reply privately

over a year ago

FIGHT!!!

That's quite easy to explain. In the past the forums were frequented by groups who would systematically lay siege to people questioning the status quo which discouraged people standing up for themselves. There are more people using the forums, they are less inclined to pander to the forum iluminati and stand up for themselves and don't collapse at the first slur sent at them. Its not all a one sided attack as its been in the past. I don't really see anything wrongs with someone questioning why people snipe unless its a trait someone likes to peruse themselves and don't like their transgressions pointed out to them.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I don't really see anything wrongs with someone questioning why people snipe unless its a trait someone likes to peruse themselves and don't like their transgressions pointed out to them. "

I agree with this point, but disagree with the rest of your post. I don't understand why today of all days people are being questioned about their motives for how they reply when other days its passes over people's heads. My posting style has never changed, and I AM one of those people who will say what I think in real life as well as online. So why today is it a problem?

Not requiring a personal response, by the way. I just am not sure why some people were hauled up for education and others weren't.

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"I don't really see anything wrongs with someone questioning why people snipe unless its a trait someone likes to peruse themselves and don't like their transgressions pointed out to them.

I agree with this point, but disagree with the rest of your post. I don't understand why today of all days people are being questioned about their motives for how they reply when other days its passes over people's heads. My posting style has never changed, and I AM one of those people who will say what I think in real life as well as online. So why today is it a problem?

Not requiring a personal response, by the way. I just am not sure why some people were hauled up for education and others weren't."

It's nearly Spring and the saps are rising!

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I don't really see anything wrongs with someone questioning why people snipe unless its a trait someone likes to peruse themselves and don't like their transgressions pointed out to them.

Not requiring a personal response, by the way. I just am not sure why some people were hauled up for education and others weren't.

It's nearly Spring and the saps are rising! "

Wish something was rising in my vicinity.!

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/03/13 16:39:01]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

just let the remarks bounce like water off a ducks back

Nah. Its kept the punters amused for 4 hours on a cold Sunday afternoon...."

Amused, horrified, shocked and sometimes grinning at how people think but it shows how some people think.

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Conspiracy theories?!?

FFS! I've heard it all now

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Conspiracy theories?!?

FFS! I've heard it all now "

And who is making conspiracy theories speak up!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not requiring a personal response, by the way. I just am not sure why some people were hauled up for education and others weren't."

I think we will have to agree to disagree but there is no denying newer posters in the past put up numerous clique threads and felt there was a siege mentality from groups of posters who objected to newer posters daring to put many things up. That is a fact proven by using the forum search box and looking back a year or three.

In the forums now subtlety has to be engaged for many to survive being excluded from the comments. It is pretty obvious in the last year the forums have changed in how indiscretions are dealt with.

In the past some would snipe back at snipers today you lose the ability to post if you do that aggressively. There is less opportunity for even the experienced regulars to effectively gang up on newer posters so in turn people question why people have sly digs at them. Is that wrong well surely asking why someone is doing a, b or c is better than name calling as some have resorted to.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think some just love the look of there own posts here . Not voice , lol

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"In the forums now subtlety has to be engaged for many to survive being excluded from the comments. It is pretty obvious in the last year the forums have changed in how indiscretions are dealt with.

In the past some would snipe back at snipers today you lose the ability to post if you do that aggressively. There is less opportunity for even the experienced regulars to effectively gang up on newer posters so in turn people question why people have sly digs at them. Is that wrong well surely asking why someone is doing a, b or c is better than name calling as some have resorted to."

Indeed, but maybe it is best to ask that person outright as opposed to starting another post then using the post to have further sly digs. I might be unique here (I do hope not) but I would prefer someone who felt I had slighted them in anyway to ask me outright, if not on the forum then in PM. There is a facility to do this which links back to the post in question.

I understand that might not be to everyone elses tastes though. I wouldn't start a post dictating a certain behaviour just because thats how I would behave, thats how everybody else should behave.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"165"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"166 "

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"165"

Message received and understood.

Coded reply follows... 2 ... 9 ... 6

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Uno siese ocho

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"165

Message received and understood.

Coded reply follows... 2 ... 9 ... 6"

hahahahaaaaaaaaaa you are kidding me !

~()and a couple of (*)(*) and finally here is a picture of F.M. ( Y )

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In the forums now subtlety has to be engaged for many to survive being excluded from the comments. It is pretty obvious in the last year the forums have changed in how indiscretions are dealt with.

In the past some would snipe back at snipers today you lose the ability to post if you do that aggressively. There is less opportunity for even the experienced regulars to effectively gang up on newer posters so in turn people question why people have sly digs at them. Is that wrong well surely asking why someone is doing a, b or c is better than name calling as some have resorted to.

Indeed, but maybe it is best to ask that person outright as opposed to starting another post then using the post to have further sly digs. I might be unique here (I do hope not) but I would prefer someone who felt I had slighted them in anyway to ask me outright, if not on the forum then in PM. There is a facility to do this which links back to the post in question.

I understand that might not be to everyone elses tastes though. I wouldn't start a post dictating a certain behaviour just because thats how I would behave, thats how everybody else should behave."

Ok the op is having sly digs that's why the tread was put up? Well I suggest firstly quoting the original post and question them on it rather than slipping it in in a reply to me as it does look very much like you are doing what you are condemning.

Secondly on another thread you insinuated someone was attention seeking if you are as forthright direct it to the person not being ambiguous in its destination.

Finally if you think I have dictated how people post feel feet to point it out to me as you say you are forthright so do so. As I see things I may have questioned and answered but not gone to the stage of telling people what they can or cannot do.

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

I'm right and you are all wrong!

I WIN!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Uno siese ocho "
gran you on the Lambrusco ?

Reply privately

By *axwellTattMan
over a year ago

knutsford

Now put them face to face and they'd soon cower, you moi never!! lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

we at 175 yet?? lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe I should ask the OP to start a part 2 as some seem uncomfortable with this one and were so intent to see it closed.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"165"

and what a load of pish

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

THE END.

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

....OR IS IT?

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

It's so awsome having a time-machine

Reply privately

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Of course, some of the worst "look at me" posts are those that proclaim that they are "getting the popcorn" or similar statements. As for trolls and the like? Either ignore and pass on by or feed them!

I wouldn't call those who may correct spelling or grammar, trolls. They are just people who have standards and I think it depends on how they word their correction that shows whether they are spoiling for a fight or not. I called into question the word used on here for "no one". Namely "noone". I did it in a light hearted way and the poster took it as such.

I do find it hard not to laugh when people post on threads like this saying they dislike trolls and then post like them!

Reply privately

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

How did you get on board?!?

Reply privately