Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

That god damn first message

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've messaged quite a few people since joining a few minutes ago and I've sent a verity of messages to people, infact, I don't think 2 messages have been the same.

I try to make them witty and funny, I mention things in there profile to prove I've read it, attached a face pic. Some times tell a joke, sometimes keep it simple. None have worked.

I get I'm vastly outnumbered by single men also looking for attention. But seriously.

Any other lads in the same boat?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ampopotwoCouple
over a year ago

southampton

'since joining a few minutes ago'??!!

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"I've messaged quite a few people since joining a few minutes ago and I've sent a verity of messages to people, infact, I don't think 2 messages have been the same.

I try to make them witty and funny, I mention things in there profile to prove I've read it, attached a face pic. Some times tell a joke, sometimes keep it simple. None have worked.

I get I'm vastly outnumbered by single men also looking for attention. But seriously.

Any other lads in the same boat?"

All of us.

Even the guys seen as 'successful single men' on here get ignored, knocked back and blocked.

The trick is to find 'an edge' - what can you do to stand out from the crowd?

Good luck.

over a year ago

"'since joining a few minutes ago'??!!"

I joined over a week ago, I duno why I put a couple of minutes.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I get I'm vastly outnumbered by single men also looking for attention. But seriously.

Any other lads in the same boat?"

You've just answered your own question.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

When you say you are 'witty and funny and tell jokes' what kind of jokes do you tell?

Might I suggest you try knock knock jokes with a teaser message 'knock knock...'. This will be sure to arouse her interest it will drive her mad to hear the punchline and she will be forced to reply.

over a year ago

Tried a couple where they have to reply for the punch line, just like the knock knock jokes

over a year ago

All the single men here have a distinct disadvantage

We are men!

Stick with it if you want

over a year ago

You can send as many messages as you like

If you're an ugly sod, you won't be gettin many back

I also suggest to anyone struggling to get a response to put up a profile pic of them jumping thru circus hoops.

You may still not get a message back, but at least the viewers will know you have Fab experience

A circus hoop pic is like a veri for the non-verified

over a year ago

"'since joining a few minutes ago'??!!

I joined over a week ago, I duno why I put a couple of minutes."

I think either way most will tell you that it's still not a long time. It can take months for some.

You seem to be doing the right things, sound polite etc. Didn't read it, but looks like you have bothered with your profile too.

Maybe go for one cock pic at most in public, or none (you can always send)... you've got body shots, assume you have face pictures elsewhere. People will want to see them, and you will get ahead of others if they have already seen you and know they like what you look like.

Just keep at it, accept what people say, like and their choices. Don't be pushy, enjoy it...

over a year ago

I get shags on every msg i send..amazing..nobody seems able to say no!!!!

over a year ago

I class myself as attractive. But maybe a need to rethink my pictures on here

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

My 'edge' to win the ladies over is the fact I'm insane

...or is it inane? I get confused

over a year ago

Maybe it is the fact you have a mirror growing out of your cock that's putting people off ?

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

the bonus is your d+d!! (as you point out twice) drugs and disease free!!. where as alot of us are obviously riddled

By *uckoo clockCouple
over a year ago

Merseyside

"I class myself as attractive. But maybe a need to rethink my pictures on here"

Yes good idea. For some reason guys on here are obviously convinced that dick pics are all it takes !!

over a year ago

Whats your best knock knock joke funky?

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

"When you say you are 'witty and funny and tell jokes' what kind of jokes do you tell?

Might I suggest you try knock knock jokes with a teaser message 'knock knock...'. This will be sure to arouse her interest it will drive her mad to hear the punchline and she will be forced to reply."

I knew there had to be something about you other than your ass funky

over a year ago

Not sure what the point of this thread is, unless it just a "check me out" thread?

You state on your profile that you've been on here before under a different user name and lots of fun. But yet you write a thread acting like your new and want to know why ppl don't respond? (err you already know the score if you've been on here before, so why the questions?)

If you want to attract the women then I suggest, Better quality pics, better variety, and lose the D&D free cos its off putting. Makes me think you have been and now your clear (just saying!)

Anyway, good luck..

over a year ago

Your 30 and can't accommodate. You lecture about sending face pics. You've already said that you accept that odds are stacked against you and little things like that all add up.

And criticising your peer group to try and stand out is never a good look...

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Also you state in your profile that you won't send a pic until you have seen one of them. So if the couple/fem

You are messaging recieve 20 messages and 15 send a face pic you can guess which ones are gonna be first in the delete pile (just going from what I've read here)

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

"Not sure what the point of this thread is, unless it just a "check me out" thread?

You state on your profile that you've been on here before under a different user name and lots of fun. But yet you write a thread acting like your new and want to know why ppl don't respond? (err you already know the score if you've been on here before, so why the questions?)

If you want to attract the women then I suggest, Better quality pics, better variety, and lose the D&D free cos its off putting. Makes me think you have been and now your clear (just saying!)

Anyway, good luck.. "

This

By *ickndomCouple
over a year ago

Wimborne

"'since joining a few minutes ago'??!!"

I'm With him, its down right annoying when you make an effort with your mail and they just hit delete, I think if peeps want more than 1 line then when they get such a mail they should acknowledge it, if only to say no thanks

I know peeps say they don't reply because it ends in abuse, but in 3 years we have never been abused so think thats a myth, not replying to a reasonable mail with face pics i think is rude

over a year ago

I see where a lot of you are coming from, its easier to see where your going wrong with a little help, and yea some of my bio is confusing if not off putting, usually from where I've been editing and re writing

i also agree it would be nice for just a no thanks if someone has made an effort in a message. But on the other hand who knows how many times a woman or couple would have to write it

By *ickndomCouple
over a year ago

Wimborne

"I see where a lot of you are coming from, its easier to see where your going wrong with a little help, and yea some of my bio is confusing if not off putting, usually from where I've been editing and re writing

i also agree it would be nice for just a no thanks if someone has made an effort in a message. But on the other hand who knows how many times a woman or couple would have to write it"

Not that often I suspect, yes for sure when you first join theres a rush and when you add pics that seem popular you get extra mail, but since most message can be read without opening and deserve to be deleted, the amount of mail is limited

Maybe Fab should add a polite no button next to the delete button which simply sends a reply saying appreciate the mail and effort but its a no thanks

over a year ago

Stop reading the profiles waste of time, just paste a message to everyone! F**k it!

over a year ago

Hey freak and fit. Your profile is hot and I'm in your area. Want to fuck?

over a year ago

"'since joining a few minutes ago'??!!

I'm With him, its down right annoying when you make an effort with your mail and they just hit delete, I think if peeps want more than 1 line then when they get such a mail they should acknowledge it, if only to sayu no thanks

I know peeps say they don't reply because it ends in abuse, but in 3 years we have never been abused so think thats a myth, not replying to a reasonable mail with face pics i think is rude "

I can say it's not a myth, has happened to me regularly. It's also not rude to reply, I don't reply to all my junk mail at home, why should I on here? I do however still try to reply to most messages, even one liners.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

I'd definitely say its getting harder to get meets.. I used to be going 6 days out of 7 and that was only to have a rest. The most I managed was 13 days, even then I was refusing people because of plans.

At the moment im not that well due to unexplained dizziness but on the odd occasion ive messaged, its been an instant delete. Even if a meet is set up, ive had it at least 3 times where they get numbers or to setting a date and then you never hear from thn again.

I think its due to the number of single guys coming on as they have increased hugely I think and for want or reason people are slightly nervous of having a dude around.

There are a lot more profiles asking single guys to accomodate to make sure theyre not playing away - Ive never been able to accomodate but never had a problem with it in the past.

Even put an explation on my profile as to why I cant which I shouldnt have to really

over a year ago

"Hey freak and fit. Your profile is hot and I'm in your area. Want to fuck?"

YES PlEASE!!! See it works, but next time pm don't want everyone to know do we!

over a year ago

"Hey freak and fit. Your profile is hot and I'm in your area. Want to fuck?

YES PlEASE!!! See it works, but next time pm don't want everyone to know do we! "

hmmm, not sure if serious, or playing along haha

I don't mean you should reply to every one, like people who send cock pics when you asked them not on your bio, that's fair enough

but I do try and put effort into each one

Post new Message to Thread