Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It's worse than I thought...

Jump to newest

By *reya73 OP   Woman
38 weeks ago

Whitley Bay

I just caught myself in the mirror and it's worse than I thought!!

It must be the amount of Baileys I single handedly guzzled in November when it went on offer.

I'm pretty active and fit but finding it harder to get motivated these days beyond the minimum.

I'm looking for inspiration.

What do you do to get motivated to get active enough to get fitness/strength/shape results?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
38 weeks ago

Cogitating on death...if I'm honest

By *ensuallover1000Man
38 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Eye of the tiger and all that

Keep exercise interesting; boredom/stagnation will lead to capitulation.

Set goals but make them achievable.

Most of all, enjoying exercise (and the subsequent benefits) is what will ultimately keep one at it for years to come.

By *reya73 OP   Woman
38 weeks ago

Whitley Bay

"Eye of the tiger and all that

Most of all, enjoying exercise (and the subsequent benefits) is what will ultimately keep one at it for years to come.

"

Setting goals and achieving them is what I'm rubbish at. I enjoy plenty of exercise but it's the motivation I'm lacking. Hmmm. Maybe a partner or a team might help

38 weeks ago

You dont get out of shape between Christmas and new years

You get out of shape between new years and Christmas

Small changes add up over a year

You already know what to do. Just do it

By *ad NannaWoman
38 weeks ago

East London

I used to have a banging body.

I'll show you me naked now.

That will get you motivated to get off your arse and put the Baileys down

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
38 weeks ago

Somewhere else

"I just caught myself in the mirror and it's worse than I thought!!

It must be the amount of Baileys I single handedly guzzled in November when it went on offer.

I'm pretty active and fit but finding it harder to get motivated these days beyond the minimum.

What do you do to get motivated to get active enough to get fitness/strength/shape results? "

Anxiety and body dysmorphia work.

Sorry not to be the bearer of better news…

By *anManCoolMan
38 weeks ago

Camborne

That Baileys offer was a definite hazzard to health when it was a bargain.

If i have a positive day that helps my motivation

By *ad NannaWoman
38 weeks ago

East London

"You dont get out of shape between Christmas and new years

You already know what to do. Just do it "

I can put on 2 stone in one week, easy

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
38 weeks ago

Somewhere else

You already know what to do. Just do it "

You’re not wrong.

38 weeks ago

I put it off until next week. every week

Don’t worry about it, do it when you’re ready.

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
38 weeks ago

Somewhere else

"Cogitating on death...if I'm honest"

Yep

38 weeks ago

I can put on 2 stone in one week, easy "

I know it’s a exaggeration but you’d need to eat about 9000 calories a day to gain that

People overestimate how much weight you can put on over Christmas

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
38 weeks ago

Somewhere else

"

This is sensible, which guarantees that I won’t do it that way…

38 weeks ago

I get depressed if I see anything that remotely resembles a belly on me. I always say to myself that this is not what a peak human should look like. Get my fat ass on a treadmill.

38 weeks ago

What do you do to get motivated to get active enough to get fitness/strength/shape results? "

I just force myself, I find waiting for motivation doesn't always work.

It's hard getting back into, but once you force yourself to keep fit for a few weeks it becomes a habit, and then it starts to feel weird when you arnt doing it.

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
38 weeks ago

Somewhere else

Setting goals and achieving them is what I'm rubbish at. I enjoy plenty of exercise but it's the motivation I'm lacking. Hmmm. Maybe a partner or a team might help"

Like I said on another thread, I have a gym in my house and I feel guilty if I don’t use it and like a waste of life.

It keeps me honest, anyway.

38 weeks ago

I can put on 2 stone in one week, easy

I know it’s a exaggeration but you’d need to eat about 9000 calories a day to gain that

People overestimate how much weight you can put on over Christmas "

Sorry, you said 1 week, thought you said 2

18,000 calories a day then

38 weeks ago

I’ve actually lost weight over Christmas

However i’ve been slacking the gym.

What I’ve done is book Ibiza for late June 24.

Now i’ve no choice but to gym it 4 times a week because i ain’t going all jiggly and lumpy

My advice is book a holiday.

By *reya73 OP   Woman
38 weeks ago

Whitley Bay

This is sensible, which guarantees that I won’t do it that way… "

Which way do you do it?

By *ou only live onceMan
38 weeks ago

London

Just perching here for the answers as I feel your pain, OP...

By *d4fun73Man
38 weeks ago

Shipley

Why don't you take a new picture so we can tell?

By *reya73 OP   Woman
38 weeks ago

Whitley Bay

What do you do to get motivated to get active enough to get fitness/strength/shape results?

It's hard getting back into, but once you force yourself to keep fit for a few weeks it becomes a habit, and then it starts to feel weird when you arnt doing it."

Good reality check.. Yes, if motivation isn't coming. It's a force until the benefit becomes habit.

I think I'm baseline reasonablly strong and fit. But my usual activity isn't working for me so I need an extra forve for the usual force

By *reya73 OP   Woman
38 weeks ago

Whitley Bay

It's hard getting back into, but once you force yourself to keep fit for a few weeks it becomes a habit, and then it starts to feel weird when you arnt doing it.

Good reality check.. Yes, if motivation isn't coming. It's a force until the benefit becomes habit.

I think I'm baseline reasonablly strong and fit. But my usual activity isn't working for me so I need an extra forve for the usual force "

*force

By *ellhungvweMan
38 weeks ago

Cheltenham and London

Setting goals and achieving them is what I'm rubbish at. I enjoy plenty of exercise but it's the motivation I'm lacking. Hmmm. Maybe a partner or a team might help"

Don’t make goals - just make changes to the environment you live in. Can’t be bothered to go for a walk/run? Just park the car a 15 min walk from work and that will give you a 30 mins walk a day (ie a couple of miles). You can make lots of little changes that add up quite quickly and get your fitness back.

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
38 weeks ago

Bristol

Every time you want something fattening, think about your waist size... at the very least it will make you feel guilty when you still go ahead and eat pizza and beer.

Also... the first place to gain fat is the last place to loose it.

And we tend to store fat around our mid-sections (hips, stomach, ass) first...

So you've got to loose fat around your whole body before you start seeing the fat loss from your belly... it's important to remember this when you're trying to loose weight.

By *reya73 OP   Woman
38 weeks ago

Whitley Bay

Setting goals and achieving them is what I'm rubbish at. I enjoy plenty of exercise but it's the motivation I'm lacking. Hmmm. Maybe a partner or a team might help

Don’t make goals - just make changes to the environment you live in. Can’t be bothered to go for a walk/run? Just park the car a 15 min walk from work and that will give you a 30 mins walk a day (ie a couple of miles). You can make lots of little changes that add up quite quickly and get your fitness back."

Good ideas.. I can be bothered.. Now that I'm thinking about it.. It's mostly that I need to do more than my usual which is the thing I'm finding hard. So yes, little extras will help.

I already run 12/15k a week and do push/pull ups/planks and yoga daily. But it's not cutting it.

38 weeks ago

Don’t make goals - just make changes to the environment you live in. Can’t be bothered to go for a walk/run? Just park the car a 15 min walk from work and that will give you a 30 mins walk a day (ie a couple of miles). You can make lots of little changes that add up quite quickly and get your fitness back.

Good ideas.. I can be bothered.. Now that I'm thinking about it.. It's mostly that I need to do more than my usual which is the thing I'm finding hard. So yes, little extras will help.

I already run 12/15k a week and do push/pull ups/planks and yoga daily. But it's not cutting it. "

What resistance training are you doing?

Cardio is awful for looking better.

38 weeks ago

I'd love a Dom that tasked me with this sort of stuff and withheld sex and BDSM as a punishment if I didn't do it.

That would work on me.

Anyone game?

I feel you OP. I need a major kick up the fat arse too. Reading thread with interest.

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
38 weeks ago

Somewhere else

This is sensible, which guarantees that I won’t do it that way…

Which way do you do it? "

With negative reinforcement. Think Tony Robbins

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
38 weeks ago

Somewhere else

I already run 12/15k a week and do push/pull ups/planks and yoga daily. But it's not cutting it.

Cardio is awful for looking better. "

Can confirm. Must lift weights.

38 weeks ago

"I'd love a Dom that tasked me with this sort of stuff and withheld sex and BDSM as a punishment if I didn't do it.

That would work on me.

Anyone game?

I feel you OP. I need a major kick up the fat arse too. Reading thread with interest."

Get your ass on a treadmill.

By *reya73 OP   Woman
38 weeks ago

Whitley Bay

"I'd love a Dom that tasked me with this sort of stuff and withheld sex and BDSM as a punishment if I didn't do it.

That would work on me.

Anyone game?

I feel you OP. I need a major kick up the fat arse too. Reading thread with interest."

Hmm yes, I tried a mild version of this once and it worked for me.. but he got into a relationship.

What if the punishments were too bloody good though . It will backfire and we will be two dress sizes up in no time

By *reya73 OP   Woman
38 weeks ago

Whitley Bay

Aha!! Weights and bands and stuff??? .. None!

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman
38 weeks ago

in the waves

Weights is the way to go. If you have some at home Try caroline Girvan workouts on YouTube. You're already in great shape so it won't take you long to see results.

By *ensuallover1000Man
38 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Experiment with different forms of exercise is another tip I would suggest.

Free weights are not everyone’s cup of tea and jogging/swimming etc may be fun for some whilst leaving others utterly cold and disinterested.

Fortuitously, there are a plethora of different exercise ‘styles’ available to choose from.

From yoga to calisthenics, to isometrics and a myriad of cardio themed exercises (Zumba, aerobics etc) and everything in between; Enjoyment is key once again

38 weeks ago

Aha!! Weights and bands and stuff??? .. None! "

That’s your issue

Cardio just burns calories. That’s it

Weights burn calories, but they also build muscle

Muscle is what gives your body shape.

Start lifting weight. Don’t even worry about you diet for 6 months. Just lift hard. You won’t be disappointed

By *illy IdolMan
38 weeks ago

Midlands

A big mirror

By *xfordjohnMan
38 weeks ago

Oxford

My wife told me that if I grew a paunch (defined as me not being able to see my cock because of it), she would leave me. That was very motivating!

By *ellhungvweMan
38 weeks ago

Cheltenham and London

That would work on me.

Anyone game?

I feel you OP. I need a major kick up the fat arse too. Reading thread with interest.

Hmm yes, I tried a mild version of this once and it worked for me.. but he got into a relationship.

What if the punishments were too bloody good though . It will backfire and we will be two dress sizes up in no time "

I can think of worse things than putting you two ladies through a spanking session if you don’t do your sit ups

By *reya73 OP   Woman
38 weeks ago

Whitley Bay

That’s your issue

Start lifting weight. Don’t even worry about you diet for 6 months. Just lift hard. You won’t be disappointed "

OK yes this makes sense.. As soon as I turned 50 I literally noticed a dramatic difference in the areas of fat storage and my shape changing. Im losing muscle mass.

Oh God.. It really is worse than I thought.. Organised weight sessions. On my own, I'm not gonna make it. Im going to have to develop a PT kink alongside Ananke!

By *iff_boyMan
38 weeks ago

Aberbargoed

And what may I ask is wrong with the stunning specimen of a woman that I see before me now??

38 weeks ago

"

Wait, what? Lol

I'm sorry that's a ridiculous statement.

By *ady BoobiliciousWoman
38 weeks ago

rainbow town

That would work on me.

Anyone game?

Omg I need this!!

38 weeks ago

You don't need the gimmicky shite.

Eat healthy and you can do body weight workouts. And you don't have to work out loads.

38 weeks ago

"

Wait, what? Lol

I'm sorry that's a ridiculous statement."

It’s not

38 weeks ago

"

Wait, what? Lol

I'm sorry that's a ridiculous statement.

It’s not "

Whatever gets you through, butterbean.

38 weeks ago

That’s your issue

Start lifting weight. Don’t even worry about you diet for 6 months. Just lift hard. You won’t be disappointed

OK yes this makes sense.. As soon as I turned 50 I literally noticed a dramatic difference in the areas of fat storage and my shape changing. Im losing muscle mass.

Oh God.. It really is worse than I thought.. Organised weight sessions. On my own, I'm not gonna make it. Im going to have to develop a PT kink alongside Ananke! "

PTs accept money as payment too

But yeah, start lifting. You’ll make incredible progress in 6 months. Newbie gains are real

38 weeks ago

I think I'm baseline reasonablly strong and fit. But my usual activity isn't working for me so I need an extra forve for the usual force "

One thing that always works for me when I'm unhappy with my weight (and people think I'm crazy or talk shit when I say this) but I eat one meal a day.

I'm very much all or nothing with alot of things especially food, I love to cook, I love to eat, but when I eat, I eeeeeeat.

So when I start feeling a way about myself I force myself not to eat for a day, go to work without money, make sure I've got no food in the house and don't stop at a shop on the way home (whatever it takes if it feels too hard)

After I get through that day I naturally don't feel that hungry the following day and one meal feels plenty.

And then that's my eating habit, until I fuck it up again

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
38 weeks ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Bookmark for ideas, had the dreaded test results back that something needs doing

Tinder

By *lam granWoman
38 weeks ago

falkirk

Skip the gym.

Literally roll out of bed in the morning and exercise in your pyjamas. No pretentious shite, no figuring out what to wear, worrying about getting on the right equipment. Half an hour, all sweaty, straight in the shower and you're ready to start your day.

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
38 weeks ago

St Leonards

An unusually short(ish) comment from me.

I want to be shit-hot at tennis.

I'm getting shit-hot at tennis.

I love playing tennis.

In the process, I've lost 5 stone.

I'm not as shit-hot at tennis yet as I can be.

And I can be really shit-hot. It's all there, bursting at the seams. So I do yoga, Pilates, HIIT...because my tennis gets better through them.

And I should be shit-hot by Summer.

During that process, I'll most likely lose another 5 stone.

My focus is the tennis. Not the weight.

The weight loss is the necessary result of my desire to be shit-hot at tennis.

So find what you want to DO and BE that has weight loss as the by-product. Something YOU love.

Psychologically, it's a better spend of energy/will/hard work than more nebulous notions of right weight/wrong weight/societal injunctions.

It goes further, for longer, and it's YOUR desire, not how the world tells you to be.

If you can't find a passion that does that, then dieting and exercise still work, but a passion that has them as a by-product rarely feels like the hard work that traditional diet/exercise without passion do.

It's YOURS, rather than what we think we should be or do to please others, or get them off our case.

Pleasing others works. Fear of looking or being overweight work too. Neither "taste" anywhere near as good as a passion that brings fitness with it though.

If you can find that passion, the other stuff follows inevitably, and almost too easily.

By *ildo_swagginsthe3rdWoman
38 weeks ago

Wales

I think I'm baseline reasonablly strong and fit. But my usual activity isn't working for me so I need an extra forve for the usual force

One thing that always works for me when I'm unhappy with my weight (and people think I'm crazy or talk shit when I say this) but I eat one meal a day.

I'm very much all or nothing with alot of things especially food, I love to cook, I love to eat, but when I eat, I eeeeeeat.

So when I start feeling a way about myself I force myself not to eat for a day, go to work without money, make sure I've got no food in the house and don't stop at a shop on the way home (whatever it takes if it feels too hard)

After I get through that day I naturally don't feel that hungry the following day and one meal feels plenty.

And then that's my eating habit, until I fuck it up again "

I'd be a right moody fucker if I starved myself...I've done fasting before, it worked, but I was miserable as fuck.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
38 weeks ago

North West

I'm a fair bit lighter than a few months ago, but it seems that all I lost were my muscles and my boobs. The fat fucking belly isn't any different, obviously. I wasn't even trying to lose weight and now I can't regain the muscle because of the reason I'm losing weight!!! It's very, VERY annoying because I was dead proud of my back and my shoulders

38 weeks ago

By *reya73 OP   Woman
38 weeks ago

Whitley Bay

[Removed by poster at 30/12/23 11:15:20]

By *eordieJeansCouple
38 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

The best thing I do for motivation is watch sports documentaries. Watching someone with an elite mentality makes me feel guilty for being a lazy bastard.

By *ixed MisterMan
38 weeks ago

London

Seems my main motivation was sports, and making sure I could keep to the best level I could. It seems since taking this season off my motivation to get up and run or workout has gone, but the plan is to take in a few challenges to see if that kicks me back into gear.

So basically commit to something, that you just can't do in the shape you're in and see if that helps with motivation to get into the shape you need to be in

Post new Message to Thread