Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Working out at home

Jump to newest

By *naswingdress OP   Woman
38 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

For those who might want to join the gym but are intimidated by "ugh, January joiners" syndrome

Tips, tricks, resources? Anyone want to share?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
38 weeks ago

Davina McCall DVD on repeat

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
38 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I just use sex as exercise

38 weeks ago

Asana rebel

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
38 weeks ago

Somewhere else

"For those who might want to join the gym but are intimidated by "ugh, January joiners" syndrome

Tips, tricks, resources? Anyone want to share?"

I have a gym in my house. I can’t not go.

By *eordieJeansCouple
38 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Some dumbbells, an aerobic step and a yoga mat is pretty much all you need to get a decent full body workout

By *ensuallover1000Man
38 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

One very valuable tip for training alone at home: Keep it varied; this helps prevent stagnation and boredom (and potentially thus, eventually giving up!)

Said variation may take a number of forms: alternating differing types of exercise I.e resistance bands one day, callisthenics another, free weights another yet etc.

May I wish you all the best in your training

38 weeks ago

Depends what’s your goals are

Most people can achieve the body they want by walking and eating less

By *rHotNottsMan
38 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 29/12/23 13:56:26]

By *rHotNottsMan
38 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I’ve tried lots of times but it’s never worked, I have garage, balcony with all the kit but can’t use it. Going for a run from home & then stretching and doing core back at home is the best I can do

38 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Some dumbbells, an aerobic step and a yoga mat is pretty much all you need to get a decent full body workout"

yeah. I've got a few more bits than that, all folds up behind a screen in my living room.

Thread wasn't so much for me, more people who want the self improvement but are intimidated by things like the thread I just spun off from

By *avexxMan
38 weeks ago

cheshire

bench and weights in the garage,,

By *eordieJeansCouple
38 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Some dumbbells, an aerobic step and a yoga mat is pretty much all you need to get a decent full body workout

yeah. I've got a few more bits than that, all folds up behind a screen in my living room.

Thread wasn't so much for me, more people who want the self improvement but are intimidated by things like the thread I just spun off from"

I’ve trained for a while and did a class where they used all that equipment. I could barely climb off the floor at the end so for anyone just starting out or getting back into it that’s all I would recommend. It would probably only cost about £60-£80 too.

By *urve_your_enthusiasmWoman
38 weeks ago

Manchester

I need a home gym buddy. As in someone who keep me motivated and I do the same but we don't exercise together!

38 weeks ago

"Some dumbbells, an aerobic step and a yoga mat is pretty much all you need to get a decent full body workout

Thread wasn't so much for me, more people who want the self improvement but are intimidated by things like the thread I just spun off from

I’ve trained for a while and did a class where they used all that equipment. I could barely climb off the floor at the end so for anyone just starting out or getting back into it that’s all I would recommend. It would probably only cost about £60-£80 too. "

The best workouts I do (when I can be arsed to do them) you don't need anything. And they knacker me. And they work! If I stick at them, which I don't.

38 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

A friend put me onto the book "You Are Your Own Gym" recently and it's incredibly useful

By *m3232Man
38 weeks ago

maidenhead

"For those who might want to join the gym but are intimidated by "ugh, January joiners" syndrome

Tips, tricks, resources? Anyone want to share?"

Nobody cares about anyone else in the gym. Just go and do your workout.

By *eordieJeansCouple
38 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I’ve trained for a while and did a class where they used all that equipment. I could barely climb off the floor at the end so for anyone just starting out or getting back into it that’s all I would recommend. It would probably only cost about £60-£80 too.

The best workouts I do (when I can be arsed to do them) you don't need anything. And they knacker me. And they work! If I stick at them, which I don't. "

That’s the hardest part about working out at home. During lockdown I tried it but the motivation wasn’t there to keep doing it.

38 weeks ago

The best workouts I do (when I can be arsed to do them) you don't need anything. And they knacker me. And they work! If I stick at them, which I don't.

That’s the hardest part about working out at home. During lockdown I tried it but the motivation wasn’t there to keep doing it."

During lock down I practically had a 6 pack. I miss those days.

38 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Tips, tricks, resources? Anyone want to share?

Nobody cares about anyone else in the gym. Just go and do your workout. "

That's not what that other thread says.

And I don't want to go to the gym, thank you.

38 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 29/12/23 14:15:39]

By *eordieJeansCouple
38 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

That’s the hardest part about working out at home. During lockdown I tried it but the motivation wasn’t there to keep doing it.

During lock down I practically had a 6 pack. I miss those days.

"

I was a bit slimmer but that’s just because McDonald’s was closed for a bit.

38 weeks ago

I workout at home now, it's not better than going to a gym... can't say I got any tips really

...if you've got a routine stick to it. Many don't. The best way to do that, is not to do too much in the beginning..I think lots of people start off thinking they should 2 bazillion sit ups. And for obvious reasons can't stomach the prospect of doing it again, and again and again so on so forth...

38 weeks ago

"I just use sex as exercise "

Doesn't work quite aswell solo

By *lam granWoman
38 weeks ago

falkirk

Have a look at Caroline Girvan and Heather Robertson on YouTube. They offer 15min to 1hr workouts. So you can even squeeze in 15mins in the morning and 15mins after work if you're having a "bleurgh" day. Keep consistent and do something every day.

Get some dumb bells, resistance bands and a kettlebell. I've not been to a gym in over 10yrs and am in better shape now than I was in my 20s.

By *GermanInLondonMan
38 weeks ago

London

A very old fashioned wii fit with the fitness board for me

By *midnight-Woman
38 weeks ago

I signed up for an online daily 90-day challenge. I also got a 30-day challenge that i can access (forever).

Pros are that it only takes 15 mins per day and you only need household objects. You can do it where /when you like and you can rewind /pause.

Cons are that if you are lazy, you are lazy

38 weeks ago

Just put your trainers on, your headphones on and go and run.

38 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I signed up for an online daily 90-day challenge. I also got a 30-day challenge that i can access (forever).

Pros are that it only takes 15 mins per day and you only need household objects. You can do it where /when you like and you can rewind /pause.

Cons are that if you are lazy, you are lazy

"

Yup, the laziness is an eternal struggle

By *oodmessMan
38 weeks ago

yumsville

I've just watched a rice bucket challenge. You have a bucket, you have rice and you twist your hands in it scrunching it. It specifically works on the hands, wrists, forearms. Rock climbers use it as they can't find anything else to improve grip strength.

Post new Message to Thread