Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Feature Walls/Doors…..and related stuff

Jump to newest

By *ensuallover1000 OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Ow do good folks

I was looking around my house earlier and it suddenly struck me how blooming boring it is!

Plain white walls in every room bar the bathrooms (It came this way).

I need to sort this me thinks!

My fine people: Do you have any feature walls or doors in your homes or possibly another manner of sprucing in which you enliven your habitats?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
38 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 28/12/23 16:27:09]

38 weeks ago

I have a black wall in one room with white decor. I must admit painting fresh plaster black was quite fun. (I did mist coat first).

There's another room with a dark grey feature wall. Again white decor, mainly shelving and some LED lights.

In another room I've put three wallpapered panels up with button fix fixtures, they hide a cupboard in the wall. But I can remove the panels to use the cupboard. The wallpaper on the panels is cream and a light gold patterned Laura Ashley paper. And I've fitted LED lights above the panels hidden from view. And they are voice activated through my Alexa.

The rest of the house is relatively boring or a feature wall isn't really possible due to the layout.

By *aitonelMan
38 weeks ago

Liverpool

Feature wall yeah, well in one of the rooms at least.

38 weeks ago

I’ve a very fancy downstairs loo

Panelling on one wall in my bedroom

By *midnight-Woman
38 weeks ago

A lot of my walls are grey, white or black

By *midnight-Woman
38 weeks ago

I do have a very flamboyant spare toilet with navy blue wallpaper printed with birds.. I love it. The ceiling is navy blue and the lino is red

38 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"I have a black wall in one room with white decor. I must admit painting fresh plaster black was quite fun. (I did mist coat first).

There's another room with a dark grey feature wall. Again white decor, mainly shelving and some LED lights.

In another room I've put three wallpapered panels up with button fix fixtures, they hide a cupboard in the wall. But I can remove the panels to use the cupboard. The wallpaper on the panels is cream and a light gold patterned Laura Ashley paper. And I've fitted LED lights above the panels hidden from view. And they are voice activated through my Alexa.

The rest of the house is relatively boring or a feature wall isn't really possible due to the layout.

"

That sounds amazing! You clearly have a wonderfully artistic flair

LED’s…..oh I love them!

Actually….and this is a bit lazy of me, but the strategic placement of various colours of these around the top edges of my rooms could save me the trouble of painting….

By *obilebottomMan
38 weeks ago

All over

I don't personally like them though I am sure many do. Rooms can be accessorised by other stuff to achieve as much of an exciting look as you like. The feature wall is a relatively new phenomenon and was not really something people did before the naughties. I admit some look great, just not for me

38 weeks ago

I did a feature / media wall earlier in the year , love it

By *igsteve101Man
38 weeks ago

milton keynes

Wall panelling is very popular now I have done quite a few jobs now for customers all wanting a feature wall

38 weeks ago

My whole house is white painted walls but two rooms have a feature wall. One painted a solid colour, the other wallpapered with matching blinds and curtains to spiff it up a bit. I think it works but it's personal taste.

38 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I had never previously come across a feature door until very recently.

The different colouring on the door panels really made it stand out.

I saw another example wherein the panels remained the same colour as the door but the person had painted just around the panel frames which again, created an amazing and wonderfully visually arresting effect

38 weeks ago

"Wall panelling is very popular now I have done quite a few jobs now for customers all wanting a feature wall "

I'd love this in my bedroom

By *anManCoolMan
38 weeks ago

Camborne

Feature wall in entrance hall

Feature area of a wall in bedroom

Feature walls in bathroom

Oh and lounge done differently then block colours

By *red333Man
38 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Ow do good folks

I was looking around my house earlier and it suddenly struck me how blooming boring it is!

Plain white walls in every room bar the bathrooms (It came this way).

I need to sort this me thinks!

My fine people: Do you have any feature walls or doors in your homes or possibly another manner of sprucing in which you enliven your habitats? "

get a gay couple on board they have great ideas

By *igsteve101Man
38 weeks ago

milton keynes

[Removed by poster at 28/12/23 17:15:51]

By *igsteve101Man
38 weeks ago

milton keynes

"Wall panelling is very popular now I have done quite a few jobs now for customers all wanting a feature wall

I'd love this in my bedroom"

Happy to come and have a look for you x

By *imi_RougeWoman
38 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Front and back room downstairs have the chimney breast wallpapered as the feature. And one of the bedrooms has a painted feature wall.

Art work, mirrors and plants help to make things look more interesting.

By *oppleWangerMan
38 weeks ago

Gods Country

I’ve opted for black radiators, skirtings, frames and doors in most of my rooms

By *xfordjohnMan
38 weeks ago

Oxford

I don't have any white walls in my house;to me it's a non-colour. Every room is a different colour and the carpets etc all match. I do have a feature wall in the main bedroom which includes a large mirror for the obvious reason. Just the kitchen left to remodel as it is the original and I've been in the house for 20 years - that's my project for 2024.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

38 weeks ago

East Sussex

We opted to use soft furnishings and pictures (I hesitate to call it art ) to add interest but we've bought some interesting wallpaper to go up in the new year.

By *naswingdressWoman
38 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

No feature walls, but I do have somewhat ornate furniture (not like palatial, more like... traditional, like your grandparents might have had), and I've got oil paintings up on a lot of the walls. (Charity shops, I'm not loaded )

By *naswingdressWoman
38 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

... and my walls are not white. They were and I hated it.

By *hrek101Man
38 weeks ago

Herts

Love me a feature wall. Living room biggest wall is inky blue.

Bedroom is black and gold art deco with loads off plants and one end of it still to have wood panel (the thin strip type). Hallway has the same blue as living room at the end.

By *GermanInLondonMan
38 weeks ago

London

One wall grey. Otherwise wall slight off white. Wanted to keep it bright.

I will try to break this with art on the walls and eventually a new sofa.

Moved in not too long ago and will take ages till I find something I am happy with most likely

By *ophieslutTV/TS
38 weeks ago

Central

I like the personality to come from the contents, including lighting, oddments and style

By *ookie46Woman
38 weeks ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I have wall panelling in my bedroom. I did it myself and was really quite chuffed with it

Post new Message to Thread