Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

40 a day

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reports that there are 40 reports of knife crime a day on London. Knife crime is rising quicker than any time in the last 5 years in London.

Now Tom is no fan of London but what is going on here guys. Is Sadiq Khan to blame or the Chief of Police. They seem more insistent in charging the police than charging the criminals. It's all over the news

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *red333Man
38 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Reports that there are 40 reports of knife crime a day on London. Knife crime is rising quicker than any time in the last 5 years in London.

Now Tom is no fan of London but what is going on here guys. Is Sadiq Khan to blame or the Chief of Police. They seem more insistent in charging the police than charging the criminals. It's all over the news"

on it or in it?

By *ools and the brainCouple
38 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

You have some serious beef with the Mayor.

By *hrimper36Couple
38 weeks ago

Central France dept 36

"You have some serious beef with the Mayor."

He just has some serious beef full stop bless him.

T

By (user no longer on site)
38 weeks ago

Not sure that either the Mayor or the police are to blame, probably the people who commit the crimes should take the blame.

However, if I were to get on my soapbox, I would suggest that it arises from 13 years of Tory Govt cuts to local govt and local services, with closures of youth services, community facilities, community policing, grass routes activities, etc. Then they shout about the crime and needing more prisons, tougher sentences, when it would be more appropriate to address the causes and create a better society.

And here's to a a wonderful 2024!

By *batMan
38 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Is this London, Canada or London, England?

You didn't make it clear Tom.

Gbat

By *ister_EMan
38 weeks ago

Hayling Island

Why the binary choice of Police or Kahn? What about looking at studies, and sociological and socioeconomic trends for the evidence that gives a broader picture, and trying to find answers rather than scapegoats?

A study of knife crime trends over time in London and other cities show that investment in youth if more effective at permanently lowering violent crime rates than investment in policing.

For decades now there has been systemic underinvestment and even significant cuts to youth services, programmes, facilities, opportunities, education and training etc. The government is failing the young people of this country and it is simply more evident in larger cities where socioeconomic factors compound the other problems that teenagers face.

The Mayor of London has more power and autonomy than most local governments, but still cannot be held responsible for the repercussions of a decade and a half of Tory led Austerity.

Am I a fan of Khan? No. Do I think he has found the right balance between economic and social development and environmental protection? No, far from in fact! But to blame him for knife crime in London is reactionary and quite frankly, a bit ridiculous!

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Nonsense.

By *aribbean King 1985Man
38 weeks ago

South West London

While I dont blame Sadiq Khan fully on why we have knife crime in London I'm afraid its gotten worse under his watch since his been Mayor. Time to vote him out

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"While I dont blame Sadiq Khan fully on why we have knife crime in London I'm afraid its gotten worse under his watch since his been Mayor. Time to vote him out "

Get rid of the bugger

By *batMan
38 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

There were a lot less knife crimes under Churchill! And he was actually IN the Army at one stage.

Gbat

38 weeks ago

Hate to be the voice of reason and point out the blindingly obvious here but the only people to blame for knife crimes are the ones holding the knives…

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
38 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

"Hate to be the voice of reason and point out the blindingly obvious here but the only people to blame for knife crimes are the ones holding the knives…"

Don't bring reasoned logic into it , we don't do that in here

38 weeks ago

"Hate to be the voice of reason and point out the blindingly obvious here but the only people to blame for knife crimes are the ones holding the knives…

Don't bring reasoned logic into it , we don't do that in here "

Shame!

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
38 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

"Hate to be the voice of reason and point out the blindingly obvious here but the only people to blame for knife crimes are the ones holding the knives…

Don't bring reasoned logic into it , we don't do that in here

Shame!"

Post new Message to Thread