Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Wolf Cull to Save Lives

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reports that Europe, which England left in 2016, are planning downgrade the status of wild wolves from Strictly Protected to erely Protected. This will pave the way for culls. There are over 20,000 wolves in the EU and they kill and estimated 1,500 sheep a year. This policy will save lives. Wolves in zoos will be unaffected. Tom was undecided about leaving Europe but could this encourage us to rejoin. These rewilder types want wolves back in Scotland. Let's stop these buggers and save lambs lives. What's going on here. It's all over the news

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *teveanddebsCouple
39 weeks ago

Norwich

We haven't 'left' Europe, we left the EEC.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"We haven't 'left' Europe, we left the EEC. "

Well these buggers are punishing the British yet again. They want to fingerprint and face scan us just to get in and go to the seaside...

So yes we left Europe

By *loria JamesTV/TS
39 weeks ago

Durham

"Reports that Europe, which England left in 2016, are planning downgrade the status of wild wolves from Strictly Protected to erely Protected. This will pave the way for culls. There are over 20,000 wolves in the EU and they kill and estimated 1,500 sheep a year. This policy will save lives. Wolves in zoos will be unaffected. Tom was undecided about leaving Europe but could this encourage us to rejoin. These rewilder types want wolves back in Scotland. Let's stop these buggers and save lambs lives. What's going on here. It's all over the news"

Lambs will be slaughted, butched and eaten by humans. So why can't wolves do it?

By *loria JamesTV/TS
39 weeks ago

Durham

"We haven't 'left' Europe, we left the EEC.

Well these buggers are punishing the British yet again. They want to fingerprint and face scan us just to get in and go to the seaside...

So yes we left Europe "

It was our choice to leave not there's. Did we not expect the rules to apply to us? Maybe someone should have put it on the side of a bus.

By (user no longer on site)
39 weeks ago

Since the wolf was eradicated from these shores we now cull other animals to control their numbers

Nature had / has control mechanisms man interferes and upset those balances

By *enk15Man
39 weeks ago

Bidford On Avon

So yes we left Europe "

That's literally what we voted for. Can't complain now that it's here.

As for the wolves... I hope they are left alone.

39 weeks ago

"Since the wolf was eradicated from these shores we now cull other animals to control their numbers

Nature had / has control mechanisms man interferes and upset those balances"

Yeah I think when you look at the data from Yellowstone national park reintroduced wolves

it's had a positive affect on balancing nature

By *ee04Man
39 weeks ago

Thurrock

We hear about the decline of wildlife.

I grew up in a village and it was very rare to see anything other than rats or rabbits.

I go back there now to see family.

The palouted river which changed colour and smell when I was a kid now has fish in it and an abundance of wild fowl.

There are foxes badgers and deer to go along with the bunnies and rats.

The only animal I don’t see that was abundant as a child are lapwings and housemartins.

We should introduce animals back into the wild if we can sustain a population

As for the lambs they will have to run faster which will increase the size of the leg for my Sunday dinner.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Tom is all for reintroducing butterflies and songbirds etc but he draws the line at dangerous beasts like wolves that are pure evil.

39 weeks ago

Sorry a was totally unaware of any evil in wolves

By *loria JamesTV/TS
39 weeks ago

Durham

"We hear about the decline of wildlife.

I grew up in a village and it was very rare to see anything other than rats or rabbits.

The palouted river which changed colour and smell when I was a kid now has fish in it and an abundance of wild fowl.

The only animal I don’t see that was abundant as a child are lapwings and housemartins.

As for the lambs they will have to run faster which will increase the size of the leg for my Sunday dinner. "

Not sure what a palouted river is, guessing its one of the rare ones the water companies haven't pumped shit into.

39 weeks ago

"Reports that Europe, which England left in 2016, are planning downgrade the status of wild wolves from Strictly Protected to erely Protected. This will pave the way for culls. There are over 20,000 wolves in the EU and they kill and estimated 1,500 sheep a year. This policy will save lives. Wolves in zoos will be unaffected. Tom was undecided about leaving Europe but could this encourage us to rejoin. These rewilder types want wolves back in Scotland. Let's stop these buggers and save lambs lives. What's going on here. It's all over the news

Lambs will be slaughted, butched and eaten by humans. So why can't wolves do it?"

Yessss - I'm all for the slaughtering, butchering and eating of humans!!!!

By *omesticated_VixenWoman
39 weeks ago

sw London

"Tom is all for reintroducing butterflies and songbirds etc but he draws the line at dangerous beasts like wolves that are pure evil. "

Why are you referring to yourself in the third party?

And no animal is evil, that’s a human construct

By *icolerobbieCouple
39 weeks ago

walsall

"Tom is all for reintroducing butterflies and songbirds etc but he draws the line at dangerous beasts like wolves that are pure evil. "

I hope they aren’t werewolves Tom!

The last thing we need is an all out blood feast every time there’s a full moon….evil buggers they most definitely are. A silver bullet is the only solution here.

By *icolerobbieCouple
39 weeks ago

walsall

"Tom is all for reintroducing butterflies and songbirds etc but he draws the line at dangerous beasts like wolves that are pure evil.

And no animal is evil, that’s a human construct "

They might not be evil, but there are some right bastards…..

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"Tom is all for reintroducing butterflies and songbirds etc but he draws the line at dangerous beasts like wolves that are pure evil.

And no animal is evil, that’s a human construct "

Tell the wolf when it's chewing your arm off...

It's not a human construct. God created good and evil...

By *omesticated_VixenWoman
39 weeks ago

sw London

And no animal is evil, that’s a human construct

Tell the wolf when it's chewing your arm off...

It's not a human construct. God created good and evil..."

God, yet another ridiculous human construct

By *erachasMorMan
39 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Reports that Europe, which England left in 2016, are planning downgrade the status of wild wolves from Strictly Protected to erely Protected. This will pave the way for culls. There are over 20,000 wolves in the EU and they kill and estimated 1,500 sheep a year. This policy will save lives. Wolves in zoos will be unaffected. Tom was undecided about leaving Europe but could this encourage us to rejoin. These rewilder types want wolves back in Scotland. Let's stop these buggers and save lambs lives. What's going on here. It's all over the news"

I’m all for having wolves back in Scotland, they’d keep the deer numbers in check for one, although it’d probably be best to start with something smaller first, like the Lynx.

By *eyond PurityCouple
39 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

They reintroduced wolves to Italy's national parks in recent years, to try and keep the deer populations down, due to there being too many accidents on the roads with deer. It wouldn't suprise me if there is now a wolf problem!

C

By *alandNitaCouple
39 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

Firstly, Europe is the continent that the UK (including England) is a part of. The UK did leave the EU, which is a group including many European counties. It can be confusing for some, especially as we are an island, even though Ireland is still part of the EU.

I am uncomfortable with killing off animals that are just behaving in a natural way.

Maybe there needs to be other options considered first. I haven't read the article, so it may be that this is a last ditch option... if so, I hope it is undertaken with their welfare in mind and only when absolutely necessary.

Nita

By *ndycoinsMan
39 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

"Reports that Europe, which England left in 2016, are planning downgrade the status of wild wolves from Strictly Protected to erely Protected. This will pave the way for culls. There are over 20,000 wolves in the EU and they kill and estimated 1,500 sheep a year. This policy will save lives. Wolves in zoos will be unaffected. Tom was undecided about leaving Europe but could this encourage us to rejoin. These rewilder types want wolves back in Scotland. Let's stop these buggers and save lambs lives. What's going on here. It's all over the news

I’m all for having wolves back in Scotland, they’d keep the deer numbers in check for one, although it’d probably be best to start with something smaller first, like the Lynx. "

Wolves(like Lynx) go for easy targets like sheep not animals like deer that can defend themselves.In areas without farming they are forced to go after larger prey,here you see pack hunting.But even in the remoter parts of Canada/North America wolves are moving closer to farms and human habitation for easier hunting."work smarter not harder".Re-introducing any predator like that to our eco system will be a disaster as every serious study for the last 50 odd years has shown.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

We hunted these buggers in the UK to protect domesticated livestock like sheep and goats.. there were humans who strayed off the path like shepherds trying to protect their flock who would have been eaten by vicious wolves with a pack mentality.. Fortunately they are all but extinct in England and loan ramblers and cyclists are all the more safer because of it.. small children can explore the woods without fear of being eaten by callous wolves who care not a jot for human lives..

This great country is free of these buggers but can watch them in zoos..

A country without wolves is a safer country

By *icolerobbieCouple
39 weeks ago

walsall

"We hunted these buggers in the UK to protect domesticated livestock like sheep and goats.. there were humans who strayed off the path like shepherds trying to protect their flock who would have been eaten by vicious wolves with a pack mentality.. Fortunately they are all but extinct in England and loan ramblers and cyclists are all the more safer because of it.. small children can explore the woods without fear of being eaten by callous wolves who care not a jot for human lives..

This great country is free of these buggers but can watch them in zoos..

A country without wolves is a safer country "

I concur

By *batMan
39 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

".Re-introducing any predator like that to our eco system will be a disaster as every serious study for the last 50 odd years has shown."

That's interesting. What studies are you specifically referring to?

Gbat

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

".Re-introducing any predator like that to our eco system will be a disaster as every serious study for the last 50 odd years has shown.

That's interesting. What studies are you specifically referring to?

Gbat "

Batty. We do not need studies to prove that buggers are dangerous. Just look at the slaughtered lambs they leave behind.

By *lecom1Couple
39 weeks ago

Stornoway

Cry wolf

By *xfordjohnMan
39 weeks ago

Oxford

Wolves have as much right to live freely on earth as humans; perhaps we should cull a few of the latter too to be fair.

By *mf123Man
39 weeks ago

with one foot out the door

Thats a lot of new coats

39 weeks ago

"Wolves have as much right to live freely on earth as humans; perhaps we should cull a few of the latter too to be fair."

I agree 100% by Tom's logic hippos elephants, crocodiles, snakes scorpion to name a few should be culled because they kill more humans every year than wolves, are they all also evil?

By *batMan
39 weeks ago

"Just look at the slaughtered lambs they leave behind. "

Where can I look at them?

As a strange twist of fate, I am having lamb for Christmas dinner. You stealing a pig again Tom?

Gbat

By *ldgeezermeMan
39 weeks ago

Newcastle

Solution is quite simple

Build houses for the sheep

Not from straw or sticks though, the pigs can confirm this

By *ophieslutTV/TS
39 weeks ago

Central

Sort humans out, not the wolves

By *ealMissShadyWoman
39 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

"Since the wolf was eradicated from these shores we now cull other animals to control their numbers

Nature had / has control mechanisms man interferes and upset those balances"

This

Look at the evolution yellowstones ecosystem after the Wolf reintroduction

Nature finds a way without human intervention, humans interference has caused so much devastation across the planet

By *acktopervMan
39 weeks ago

Stourport-On-Severn

"Batty. We do not need studies to prove that buggers are dangerous. Just look at the slaughtered lambs they leave behind. "

Ok, so 20,000 wild wolves kill 1,500 sheep within the EU every year. There are a total of 59 million sheep within the EU. The loss of 1,500 a year to wolves is a drop in the ocean and is a little to no financial loss to farmers. In fact, foxes and dogs kill about 1.8% of sheep and lambs every year which means 1,062,000 within the EU per year.

Before even one wolf is killed ALL foxes and dogs within the EU should be killed................which of course is a non starter. Wolves never have been a problem and they are still not a problem.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"Batty. We do not need studies to prove that buggers are dangerous. Just look at the slaughtered lambs they leave behind.

Ok, so 20,000 wild wolves kill 1,500 sheep within the EU every year. There are a total of 59 million sheep within the EU. The loss of 1,500 a year to wolves is a drop in the ocean and is a little to no financial loss to farmers. In fact, foxes and dogs kill about 1.8% of sheep and lambs every year which means 1,062,000 within the EU per year.

Before even one wolf is killed ALL foxes and dogs within the EU should be killed................which of course is a non starter. Wolves never have been a problem and they are still not a problem."

They kill goats too. Yes we agree that fox hunting should never have been banned in the UK. Foxes kill for fun not just for food. But foxes are no threat to a human walking home late at night but a pack of hungry wolves are. If they let these buggers increase them they will have to repeal the gun laws to allow humans to protect themselves against wolf attacks

By *batMan
39 weeks ago

Tom,

In your first post you quoted sheep kill figures. What about the human kill figures?

How many humans do the EU wolves kill per year? None I’d guess or it’d be all over the news and they’d have to send the army in.

Mind you, the Emus beat the Aussie army, I believe.

Gbat

By *acktopervMan
39 weeks ago

Stourport-On-Severn

"Batty. We do not need studies to prove that buggers are dangerous. Just look at the slaughtered lambs they leave behind.

Before even one wolf is killed ALL foxes and dogs within the EU should be killed................which of course is a non starter. Wolves never have been a problem and they are still not a problem.

They kill goats too. Yes we agree that fox hunting should never have been banned in the UK. Foxes kill for fun not just for food. But foxes are no threat to a human walking home late at night but a pack of hungry wolves are. If they let these buggers increase them they will have to repeal the gun laws to allow humans to protect themselves against wolf attacks "

Of course they kill goats within the EU, but at a lower percentage than they even kill sheep.

Worldwide wolves killed 26 humans between 2002 and 2020 and 14 of those died from Rabies as a result of being bitten. Again there is NO NEED for humans to be worried or even think about being killed by wolves. You are more likely to be killed in your car going to a Wolves football match than a pack of wild wolves.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"Tom,

In your first post you quoted sheep kill figures. What about the human kill figures?

How many humans do the EU wolves kill per year? None I’d guess or it’d be all over the news and they’d have to send the army in.

Mind you, the Emus beat the Aussie army, I believe.

Gbat

"

The army you say Batty?

Now that could actually work..

Well done Batty

Why not send the army in ?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

They kill goats too. Yes we agree that fox hunting should never have been banned in the UK. Foxes kill for fun not just for food. But foxes are no threat to a human walking home late at night but a pack of hungry wolves are. If they let these buggers increase them they will have to repeal the gun laws to allow humans to protect themselves against wolf attacks

Of course they kill goats within the EU, but at a lower percentage than they even kill sheep.

Worldwide wolves killed 26 humans between 2002 and 2020 and 14 of those died from Rabies as a result of being bitten. Again there is NO NEED for humans to be worried or even think about being killed by wolves. You are more likely to be killed in your car going to a Wolves football match than a pack of wild wolves."

26 is 26 too many..

For once the EU are getting a grip on the situation. Tell the families of the 26 that there should be no cull .

Tom would pull that trigger if he saw a wolf in cross hairs.

Wolves belong in zoos

By *esthetic21Man
39 weeks ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Proper insane this post

By *ackformore100Man
39 weeks ago

Tin town

Well Tom, have the lambs stopped screaming?

By *loria JamesTV/TS
39 weeks ago

Durham

Worldwide wolves killed 26 humans between 2002 and 2020 and 14 of those died from Rabies as a result of being bitten. Again there is NO NEED for humans to be worried or even think about being killed by wolves. You are more likely to be killed in your car going to a Wolves football match than a pack of wild wolves.

26 is 26 too many..

For once the EU are getting a grip on the situation. Tell the families of the 26 that there should be no cull .

Tom would pull that trigger if he saw a wolf in cross hairs.

Wolves belong in zoos "

No meets since 2017 is to long. Feet belong in socks.

Call in the pedicurists.

39 weeks ago

As for the lambs they will have to run faster which will increase the size of the leg for my Sunday dinner. "

Building on forefathers land disrupts our ecosystem.

39 weeks ago

Loads of wolves in sheeps clothing on fab op

39 weeks ago

Cows are culled

Pigs

Sheep

Horse

Buffalo all so that man can eat nothing new.

Camels too..

Or you wear leather shoes bags belts..

Bats are eaten

Culling for blue tongue in kent right now.

World wide not just EU

AUSTRALIA cull

New Zealand for your lamb chops

39 weeks ago

French are on strike in Kent causing travel chaos.. All over the news op. EU we left but we still pay... So we not left

39 weeks ago

"This cull will save lives"

... except for the wolves...

By *lan157Man
39 weeks ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

I heard they were going to reintroduce them into Epping forest Tom

39 weeks ago

Cows are culled

Pigs

Sheep

Horse

Buffalo all so that man can eat nothing new.

Camels too..

Or you wear leather shoes bags belts..

Bats are eaten

Culling for blue tongue in kent right now.

World wide not just EU

AUSTRALIA cull

New Zealand for your lamb chops "

Op where do you get your figures from because I know of live animal slaughter going into europe, animals farmers reject. That figure alone is not 1500. TRUCK loads of squashed animals lets say 5 trucks thats 5k animals transported every day so man can eat tough lamb chops

By *batMan
39 weeks ago

Tough!

Cook lamb low and slow. Delicious with rosemary inserted under the skin too.

Mind you, I’d eat wolf if it was on the menu.

Gbat

By *batMan
39 weeks ago

"Well Tom, have the lambs stopped screaming? "

You know it’s trouble when there’s the Silence of the Lambs.

But I notice the OP has deftly avoided the question about pinched pork. It’s all over a nursery rhyme and they are older than the BBC. Even older than the Army. Should we call in the Brothers Grimm?

Gbat

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"I heard they were going to reintroduce them into Epping forest Tom "

Yikes hope not .

39 weeks ago

Has Tom misspelt Tim?

By *ldgeezermeMan
39 weeks ago

Newcastle

"French are on strike in Kent causing travel chaos.. All over the news op. EU we left but we still pay... So we not left "

It would be news if the French weren't on strike

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

The EU has made the right decision here

These buggers need culling

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Before a human or child is hurt?

By *batMan
39 weeks ago

Or worse, a human child.

Gbat

39 weeks ago

Tom is a child

38 weeks ago

be better to downgrade human to pointless

and preserve the wolves

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
38 weeks ago

Torquay

Are they a bit like foxes, gonna need a better bin I suppose

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
38 weeks ago

Torquay

The Patagonia maned wolf is of course mostly veggie, what a thing eh

38 weeks ago

"We haven't 'left' Europe, we left the EEC. "

Not even the EEC… that is was old money… just left the European Community but we remain a European country ?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Not even the EEC… that is was old money… just left the European Community but we remain a European country ?"

We are not part of Europe anymore ....England voted out in 2016 and to be fair nothing has really changed

38 weeks ago

Not even the EEC… that is was old money… just left the European Community but we remain a European country ?

We are not part of Europe anymore ....England voted out in 2016 and to be fair nothing has really changed "

We are part of Europe, a third of the population voted to leave the European union

By *oJo pornstarMan
38 weeks ago

Liverpool

Fuck wolves, I go hiking and wild camping, often solo, it's bad enough when you here wildlife outside your tent in the night and you know it's a harmless rabbit, grouse, deer, fox ECT but you convince yourself that this is it, this time it is a werewolf finally coming to get me for real, I should have listened to Brian Glover. The thought of leaving my tent at 4am for a piss and encountering a pack of wolves steering at me like I steer at a Gregg's display counter, narr fuck that, you bring back wolves then they'll be calling to reintroduce bears next

By *batMan
38 weeks ago

There are bears in Europe.

It doesn’t stop people walking, climbing or camping. Ever heard of a European bear attack? There are some, but very rare and I think even the rare ones are confined to Polar bears.

Gbat

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"There are bears in Europe.

It doesn’t stop people walking, climbing or camping. Ever heard of a European bear attack? There are some, but very rare and I think even the rare ones are confined to Polar bears.

Gbat

"

Come on batty. Where are your figures ?

By *ackformore100Man
38 weeks ago

Tin town

Wolves are a football team based in what used to be known as the black Country. Famous for such players as Derek dougan amd Billy wright. Football being a sport invented at a comprehensive school in Essex,( for the enrichment of the saudi Arabians) when a rugby player called Pele dropped the ball and decided to kick it along the floor, and where people gather to sing songs and exchange pleasantries.

By *oJo pornstarMan
38 weeks ago

Liverpool

"There are bears in Europe.

Gbat

"

you do here of the odd attack in Europe and many in the USA and Canada, there was a guy munched in Norway recently and have you not seen the latest Twix advert? in country's with bears and wolves, hikers carry bear cans, bear spray, guns, flash bangs and other shit, my backpack is heavy enough without that extra shit, we are doing just fine without bears and wolves

By *batMan
38 weeks ago

There are bears in the Pyrenees. No guns or spray carried.

There are bears in the Polish Tatar.No guns or spray carried.

There are bears in the arctic circle. Guns and flares often carried.

Gbat

By *batMan
38 weeks ago

"Come on batty. Where are your figures ? "

Here ...

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-44341-w#:~:text=We%20recorded%20an%20attack%20rate,%2C%20if%20we%20exclude%20Romania).

There are 742,000,000 people in Europe and 18 Brown Bear attacks a year.

742mil divided by 18 equals one attack per 41,222,222 people. I'll take a gamble it won't be me.

There are some attacks by Polar Bears as I met a guy who was bitten by one. One of his students was killed.

Here's some figures ....

https://polarbearsinternational.org/news-media/articles/polar-bear-attacks-causes-prevention

"Between 1870-2014, there were 73 confirmed polar bear attacks in which 20 people were killed and 63 injured."

It's not really all over the news.

Gbat

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Tom applauds Batty.

38 weeks ago

In Poland there were no recorded attacks since WW II. I guess before that records might be non existent or incomplete. The only one was in 2017 from a female wolf who wasn't actually pure wild, fed by humans and used biting as a way of enforcing more food. Wild wolves will usually run off. They might stare for some time from distance as they are curious animals but eventually run off.. Their role in ecosystem tidying up has been proven over the years, they will naturally select older or sick deer improving the population, keep them on the move so they don't damage the new forest seedlings or other flora extensively. There is approx a population of 2000 living in certain parts of Poland. Nobody has been attacked in decades by wild pack but around 150 of them gets shot illegally by hunters every year. I think wolves should fear humans more. After all we demonised them over centuries. More people get injured by dogs or wild boar for that matter.

T

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"In Poland there were no recorded attacks since WW II. I guess before that records might be non existent or incomplete. The only one was in 2017 from a female wolf who wasn't actually pure wild, fed by humans and used biting as a way of enforcing more food. Wild wolves will usually run off. They might stare for some time from distance as they are curious animals but eventually run off.. Their role in ecosystem tidying up has been proven over the years, they will naturally select older or sick deer improving the population, keep them on the move so they don't damage the new forest seedlings or other flora extensively. There is approx a population of 2000 living in certain parts of Poland. Nobody has been attacked in decades by wild pack but around 150 of them gets shot illegally by hunters every year. I think wolves should fear humans more. After all we demonised them over centuries. More people get injured by dogs or wild boar for that matter.

T"

Let's slaughter the wild boar then and those biting dogs..

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
38 weeks ago

chichester

Who cares we are all going vegan anyway do not eating lamb. Let the wolves eat and balance nature

By *ools and the brainCouple
38 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

It's not the wolves that are a danger it's the Trolls

38 weeks ago

People cull to save Wolves lives.

38 weeks ago

"In Poland there were no recorded attacks since WW II. I guess before that records might be non existent or incomplete. The only one was in 2017 from a female wolf who wasn't actually pure wild, fed by humans and used biting as a way of enforcing more food. Wild wolves will usually run off. They might stare for some time from distance as they are curious animals but eventually run off.. Their role in ecosystem tidying up has been proven over the years, they will naturally select older or sick deer improving the population, keep them on the move so they don't damage the new forest seedlings or other flora extensively. There is approx a population of 2000 living in certain parts of Poland. Nobody has been attacked in decades by wild pack but around 150 of them gets shot illegally by hunters every year. I think wolves should fear humans more. After all we demonised them over centuries. More people get injured by dogs or wild boar for that matter.

T

"

I'm pretty sure they do. Wild boar hunting is legal there all year round and most dogs which bite people get put down.

T

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

T

I'm pretty sure they do. Wild boar hunting is legal there all year round and most dogs which bite people get put down.

T"

Put the buggers down before they bite and kill children and people. Start with these so called XL Bully dogs

By *eavy-Metal-CoupleCouple
38 weeks ago

Liverpool

The problem is the Deer Population in Scotland has sky rocketed without a natural predator, So unless we started having a hunting season for the deer I'm in favour of reintroducing wolves back into the wild in Scotland to help control the population. Look at what reintroducing wolves into Yellowstone in the states did for the area.

By *aturasqCouple
38 weeks ago

Hertfordshire

By *ndycoinsMan
38 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

"The problem is the Deer Population in Scotland has sky rocketed without a natural predator, So unless we started having a hunting season for the deer I'm in favour of reintroducing wolves back into the wild in Scotland to help control the population. Look at what reintroducing wolves into Yellowstone in the states did for the area. "

Where is the wild? There is only someone else property which is also their workplace.As for the reintroduction into Yellowstone,oh dear.....romanticism.No deer hunting/cull in Scotland...!?

38 weeks ago

"The problem is the Deer Population in Scotland has sky rocketed without a natural predator, So unless we started having a hunting season for the deer I'm in favour of reintroducing wolves back into the wild in Scotland to help control the population. Look at what reintroducing wolves into Yellowstone in the states did for the area. "

There is absolutely an open season on all varieties of deer found in Scotland, I forget the dates you can shoot from/until but you can find them easily on line.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

The Top predator is man and rightly so. He has earned that right. If there is a deer problem in Scotland then have organised culls or send in the army. Job done

By *oJo pornstarMan
38 weeks ago

Liverpool

They do hunt deer in Scotland, I have seen many deer stalking parties on the hills in Scotland and shared bothys with them.

Them deer are cleaver cu@ts though, they know the difference between hikers and stalkers.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"They do hunt deer in Scotland, I have seen many deer stalking parties on the hills in Scotland and shared bothys with them.

Them deer are cleaver cu@ts though, they know the difference between hikers and stalkers."

If they deployed army snipers there would be only one winner and plenty of venison is the mess

By *oJo pornstarMan
38 weeks ago

Liverpool

"

There is absolutely an open season on all varieties of deer found in Scotland, I forget the dates you can shoot from/until but you can find them easily on line.

"

they are changing the law this year in Scotland, I can't remember exactly but it's something like female deer can still only be shot in season, but staggs can be shot all year, and something about making night vision sights legal for hunting, it's something along them lines.

Being Scotland and the SNP am not sure what provision the new laws has set aside for Staggs that self identify as female deer, maybe the stalker will get nicked for shooting such a deer out of season

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"

they are changing the law this year in Scotland, I can't remember exactly but it's something like female deer can still only be shot in season, but staggs can be shot all year, and something about making night vision sights legal for hunting, it's something along them lines.

Being Scotland and the SNP am not sure what provision the new laws has set aside for Staggs that self identify as female deer, maybe the stalker will get nicked for shooting such a deer out of season

"

By *eavy-Metal-CoupleCouple
38 weeks ago

Liverpool

Saying of Wolves does anyone here remember the movie Dog Soldiers great British Horror film about Soldiers on a training exercise in the Scottish Highlands and they get ambushed by Werewolves.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"Saying of Wolves does anyone here remember the movie Dog Soldiers great British Horror film about Soldiers on a training exercise in the Scottish Highlands and they get ambushed by Werewolves."

Saw that film...bit weird

By *linton BaptisteMan
38 weeks ago

Didsbury

[Removed by poster at 25/12/23 06:35:22]

By *linton BaptisteMan
38 weeks ago

Didsbury

There’s a lot more wolves at the Molineux. Aleksandar Kolarov also loves wolves and chose that as one of his 5 Christmas choices.

Pack hunting at its finest-long live da wolf

ps: Kevin Costner also likes dancing with wolfs

By *ackformore100Man
38 weeks ago

Tin town

What about the wolves in sheep's clothing?

By *izandpaulCouple
38 weeks ago

merseyside

Lambs will be slaughted, butched and eaten by humans. So why can't wolves do it?"

We could slaughter wolves when they have munched on a lamb and then buy them for Christmas as lamb in wolf combo dish, exclusively at M&S.

Make a great Christmas TV advert.

Tom could direct it.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Lambs will be slaughted, butched and eaten by humans. So why can't wolves do it?

We could slaughter wolves when they have munched on a lamb and then buy them for Christmas as lamb in wolf combo dish, exclusively at M&S.

Make a great Christmas TV advert.

Tom could direct it. "

Tom would like that..

By *ndycoinsMan
38 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

.300 Lapua Magnum.Knocks wolves over a treat.

By *oJo pornstarMan
38 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Saying of Wolves does anyone here remember the movie Dog Soldiers great British Horror film about Soldiers on a training exercise in the Scottish Highlands and they get ambushed by Werewolves."
I often watch the 1st 5 mins of that film before I head to the highlands, reminds to take garlic with me to hang from my tent, I know they say it's to ward off vampires but I hang it and am yet to be munched by a werewolf

By *enrythe8thMan
38 weeks ago

worthing

Anything the human race can not control or fears/scared..

We kill it

By *use and wolfCouple
38 weeks ago

angus

"

So yes we left Europe "

No, Europe is a Geographic location, we are definitely still in the same location compared to France as we were before Brexit, the vote which separated us from the European Union, which is not the same thing as Europe. Understanding that basic principle should have been mandatory for anyone to have voted in the Brexit debacle.

If i lived in Essex i may well have voted for it, if you were here you probably would have voted against. England and Scotland had a very different experience as part of the EU.

As for the wolves, i for one have signed the petition to rewind them up here. They are part of the natural cycle of things.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"

So yes we left Europe

No, Europe is a Geographic location, we are definitely still in the same location compared to France as we were before Brexit, the vote which separated us from the European Union, which is not the same thing as Europe. Understanding that basic principle should have been mandatory for anyone to have voted in the Brexit debacle.

If i lived in Essex i may well have voted for it, if you were here you probably would have voted against. England and Scotland had a very different experience as part of the EU.

As for the wolves, i for one have signed the petition to rewind them up here. They are part of the natural cycle of things."

Wonder what would happen if there was a vote on introducing dangerous wild wolves into the UK. A north south divide in voting or a lowland highland split.

By *batMan
38 weeks ago

Probably depends what they paint on the side of the bus.

Gbat

By *enrythe8thMan
38 weeks ago

worthing

Don’t get me wrong wolves scare the be Jesus out of me...

You know they are just looking at you thinking we’re gonna eat you in a minute??????

That film frozen about the people in America on the ski lift which I think is based on a true story but not sure..

There big scary clever and amazingly resiliant::

It the uk As a place of animal lovers they will bring carnage to all wild animals and live stock as they’ve had no predators chasing them for 100s of years

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

If they introduce wolves to Scotland they will thrive at the expense of Scottish wildlife and just as humans hunted dinosaurs they will in turn hunt wolves

By *batMan
38 weeks ago

This was in the Dead Sea scrolls. It was all over the news in them days too.

Gbat

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
38 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"This was in the Dead Sea scrolls. It was all over the news in them days too.

Gbat "

Happy New Year GBAT.

We need characters in the forums and you are currently one of the best...

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
38 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

"If they introduce wolves to Scotland they will thrive at the expense of Scottish wildlife and just as humans hunted dinosaurs they will in turn hunt wolves "

Humans and dinosaurs....you maybe need to check on that one.. unless of course you think Jurassic park was a documentary..

38 weeks ago

"If they introduce wolves to Scotland they will thrive at the expense of Scottish wildlife and just as humans hunted dinosaurs they will in turn hunt wolves "

Still don't believe the facts posted by several people? They will co exist with wildlife and improve the ecosystem. I hope there are heavy fines for anyone who tries to put them down.

T

By *batMan
38 weeks ago

" I hope there are heavy fines for anyone who tries to put them down. "

Dinosaurs or wolves?

Gbat

Post new Message to Thread