Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

COMPLAINTS

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do we complain too much as a nation or not enough,do we stand for the cat or just complain about the wrong things.Has the back bone gone from this once proud nation (and I dont mean any one in the forces who really do serve us proud) answers on a penus i mean postage stamp

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

We are fast becoming a nation of whingers in my opinion....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't think we complain enough just accept anything and get on with it. The current petrol price as an example.

F***ing ridiculous

over a year ago

"I don't think we complain enough just accept anything and get on with it. The current petrol price as an example.

F***ing ridiculous "

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I don't think we complain enough just accept anything and get on with it. The current petrol price as an example.

F***ing ridiculous "

Unfortunately fuel prices are rising fast in most Western nations, the government must love it as the higher it goes the more tax they earn from it...more money to waste.

over a year ago

F***ing ridiculous

Unfortunately fuel prices are rising fast in most Western nations, the government must love it as the higher it goes the more tax they earn from it...more money to waste."

Couldnt agree more but we just take it up the arse lol

over a year ago

F***ing ridiculous

Unfortunately fuel prices are rising fast in most Western nations, the government must love it as the higher it goes the more tax they earn from it...more money to waste."

They would never pay what we do in France or the USA. I have not checked but I bet no other country pays 3/4 of the price of fuel in tax.

over a year ago

Poor Service = Complain. Bad attitude when buying = Complain. High Cost = Complain. Always complain, but equally give praise where its due

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Just driven through Belgium, France, Germany and Austria recently and while Diesel tends to be cheaper than petrol in some countries, overall prices are pretty comparable to the UK. It is not a local thing.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

F***ing ridiculous

Unfortunately fuel prices are rising fast in most Western nations, the government must love it as the higher it goes the more tax they earn from it...more money to waste.

They would never pay what we do in France or the USA. I have not checked but I bet no other country pays 3/4 of the price of fuel in tax."

Actually petrol is more expensive in France than it is in the UK, but diesel is a lot cheaper, that is because the French government charge less tax on diesel....

over a year ago

F***ing ridiculous

They would never pay what we do in France or the USA. I have not checked but I bet no other country pays 3/4 of the price of fuel in tax.

Actually petrol is more expensive in France than it is in the UK, but diesel is a lot cheaper, that is because the French government charge less tax on diesel...."

Which makes a huge difference to the cost of living

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Not sure where poeple get the idea from that diesel is lots cheaper in Europe. It is of course sold in Euros... so there is, depending on the exchange rate, a give or take 10 to 15% variation. And if you take fuel in isolation maybe it is a little cheaper...not THAT much though. I frequently drive in and across Europe.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

F***ing ridiculous

Actually petrol is more expensive in France than it is in the UK, but diesel is a lot cheaper, that is because the French government charge less tax on diesel....Which makes a huge difference to the cost of living "

You would think so wouldn't you?, but food prices in many parts of France (not imported food) is rising way above the rate of food inflation in the UK.

I suppose it must be different governments in different countries massaging their economies in different ways....very few Western countries are immune from it though

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Meant to add this : I think in teh UK we should complain about the cost of education - £9000 a year for uni tuition fees means a lot of able people simply cannot afford to go and that is in my _iew not right.

By * pool 1Couple
over a year ago

Liverpool

The single most important factor driving up prices is the weakening pound, from fuelpriceonline.com. Sterling recently touched a two-and-a-half-year low against the dollar. Crude oil and refined products are traded in dollars and therefore become more expensive for British companies when the pound falls.

About 60% of the price you pay at the pump goes into the chancellor's pocket.

over a year ago

"The single most important factor driving up prices is the weakening pound, from fuelpriceonline.com. Sterling recently touched a two-and-a-half-year low against the dollar. Crude oil and refined products are traded in dollars and therefore become more expensive for British companies when the pound falls.

About 60% of the price you pay at the pump goes into the chancellor's pocket."

Funny though we eat too much drink too much smoke too much and yet there are thousands of peeps with malnutrition and rickets shame on us

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Not sure where poeple get the idea from that diesel is lots cheaper in Europe. It is of course sold in Euros... so there is, depending on the exchange rate, a give or take 10 to 15% variation. And if you take fuel in isolation maybe it is a little cheaper...not THAT much though. I frequently drive in and across Europe. "

Have you driven through France recently?....diesel is around 20p a litre cheaper in France than in the UK.

That's down to the tax take drop in diesel in their last budget.

It's a plan by the French government to save French businesses going bust.

Helps their fishermen, farmers and haulage as their food inflation was frightening over the last couple of years....

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Not sure where poeple get the idea from that diesel is lots cheaper in Europe. It is of course sold in Euros... so there is, depending on the exchange rate, a give or take 10 to 15% variation. And if you take fuel in isolation maybe it is a little cheaper...not THAT much though. I frequently drive in and across Europe.

Have you driven through France recently?....diesel is around 20p a litre cheaper in France than in the UK.

Helps their fishermen, farmers and haulage as their food inflation was frightening over the last couple of years...."

Last time was in January... so maybe it has changed since then?

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Not sure where poeple get the idea from that diesel is lots cheaper in Europe. It is of course sold in Euros... so there is, depending on the exchange rate, a give or take 10 to 15% variation. And if you take fuel in isolation maybe it is a little cheaper...not THAT much though. I frequently drive in and across Europe.

Helps their fishermen, farmers and haulage as their food inflation was frightening over the last couple of years...."

What can you say... the french DO stand together or they're out on strike and up in arms. We just moan and then put up with it!

Wolf

over a year ago

Perhaps if the people of the UK stood together more, and did not accept everything that was thrown at them, maybe this crap unelected government wouldn't take us up the arse at every opportunity.

The "bedroom tax" begins on April fools day (what a coincidence!) How lame is it that it is being applied to the empty bedrooms of those serving abroad in the forces? While these brave men and women risk their lives fighting an illegal war their families are being taxed for their absence from home.

Disgusting.

over a year ago

"Perhaps if the people of the UK stood together more, and did not accept everything that was thrown at them, maybe this crap unelected government wouldn't take us up the arse at every opportunity.

The "bedroom tax" begins on April fools day (what a coincidence!) How lame is it that it is being applied to the empty bedrooms of those serving abroad in the forces? While these brave men and women risk their lives fighting an illegal war their families are being taxed for their absence from home.

Disgusting."

And all the peeps who have spent lifetimes bolstering communities potentially moving away

By *emon tart Double creamCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I'm a contractor for insurance/banking companies working in complaints and I left my permanent employment a few years and have not been out of work since..... it is one of the few industries which is thriving at the moment....everyone loves to complain...

over a year ago

"Do we complain too much as a nation or not enough,do we stand for the cat or just complain about the wrong things.Has the back bone gone from this once proud nation (and I dont mean any one in the forces who really do serve us proud) answers on a penus i mean postage stamp "

i reckon the ppl of ireland dont stand up for themselves!the government have made just too many cutbacks and the ppl just accept it!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/03/13 20:34:30]

over a year ago

F***ing ridiculous "

true but a car is a luxury item, you don't need one, im a single mum who works full time and I don't drive, shockingly enough I still get by without driving my daughter still gets to school, my shopping still gets done and I still manage to work

over a year ago

F***ing ridiculous

true but a car is a luxury item, you don't need one, im a single mum who works full time and I don't drive, shockingly enough I still get by without driving my daughter still gets to school, my shopping still gets done and I still manage to work "

I work all over the South East are you gonna give me a backie to High Wycombe on Thursday Wiggins?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

F***ing ridiculous

true but a car is a luxury item, you don't need one, im a single mum who works full time and I don't drive, shockingly enough I still get by without driving my daughter still gets to school, my shopping still gets done and I still manage to work "

It might be a luxury for you, but for many it's an essential....you can't base your assumption on you own personal circumstances

over a year ago

F***ing ridiculous

true but a car is a luxury item, you don't need one, im a single mum who works full time and I don't drive, shockingly enough I still get by without driving my daughter still gets to school, my shopping still gets done and I still manage to work

I work all over the South East are you gonna give me a backie to High Wycombe on Thursday Wiggins? "

Sure

I have a trailer for my dogs you can jump in that

over a year ago

F***ing ridiculous

It might be a luxury for you, but for many it's an essential....you can't base your assumption on you own personal circumstances"

course a cars not an essential, if for some reason you could never drive again life wouldn't stop, you would work round it and manage

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

F***ing ridiculous

It might be a luxury for you, but for many it's an essential....you can't base your assumption on you own personal circumstances

course a cars not an essential, if for some reason you could never drive again life wouldn't stop, you would work round it and manage

"

Not every area has the luxury of a regular public transport system, maybe if you lived outside of Dudley you might appreciate this fact.

So yes, for many it's an essential means of transport in order to earn a crust.

over a year ago

F***ing ridiculous

I work all over the South East are you gonna give me a backie to High Wycombe on Thursday Wiggins?

Sure

I have a trailer for my dogs you can jump in that "

I will pass on that thanks for the offer in some occupations you need a to able to drive there is no way around it.

over a year ago

F***ing ridiculous

Sure

I have a trailer for my dogs you can jump in that

I will pass on that thanks for the offer in some occupations you need a to able to drive there is no way around it."

Too true its sad init just taxed on our work

over a year ago

I think we are a nation of whingers. All talk and no action. Lots of do gooders that when it comes down to it.. Do nothing !!!

over a year ago

"I think we are a nation of whingers. All talk and no action. Lots of do gooders that when it comes down to it.. Do nothing !!!"
Do gooders do lots...... of annoying

over a year ago

"I'm a contractor for insurance/banking companies working in complaints and I left my permanent employment a few years and have not been out of work since..... it is one of the few industries which is thriving at the moment....everyone loves to complain..."
Just goes to show how much we are ripped off by insurance companies and wankers er sorry bankers

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

people just join a bandwagon against certain establishments, sometimes because of a bad service experience... other times, to fit in.

over a year ago

"people just join a bandwagon against certain establishments, sometimes because of a bad service experience... other times, to fit in."

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Meant to add this : I think in teh UK we should complain about the cost of education - £9000 a year for uni tuition fees means a lot of able people simply cannot afford to go and that is in my _iew not right. "

Too right - of course, even in the UK some students, such as in Scotland, still don't have to pay, which means students can sit side by side, some paying whilst their neighbour doesn't.

Overall, for this thread, I think UK standards overall are so poor that more of us should complain and shift our service. Within every complaint there is an easy opportunity for organisations to learn so much, for free from their clients. They would otherwise have to pay highly to conduct customer research, but complaints hand it to them on a plate, and for free. How little organisations seem willing and able to respond to market feedback is astonishing. Most of the things complained about this year will still be complained about next year, due to unwillingness to change and meet customer demand.

over a year ago

"Meant to add this : I think in teh UK we should complain about the cost of education - £9000 a year for uni tuition fees means a lot of able people simply cannot afford to go and that is in my _iew not right.

Too right - of course, even in the UK some students, such as in Scotland, still don't have to pay, which means students can sit side by side, some paying whilst their neighbour doesn't.

Overall, for this thread, I think UK standards overall are so poor that more of us should complain and shift our service. Within every complaint there is an easy opportunity for organisations to learn so much, for free from their clients. They would otherwise have to pay highly to conduct customer research, but complaints hand it to them on a plate, and for free. How little organisations seem willing and able to respond to market feedback is astonishing. Most of the things complained about this year will still be complained about next year, due to unwillingness to change and meet customer demand."

Yes know what you mean i have coplained and complained about my hearing aid but it just falls on deaf ears

over a year ago

F***ing ridiculous

didnt they recently lower the tax on fuel tho as the price of oil is going up..

and isnt the price of oil going up cos we are stripping the world of the resourse.. yh lets blame the government on our selfish waste of natural resources with our 4x4 cars etc

over a year ago

Maybe we should focus more on what we should be grateful for..

not like some poor people around the owrld who live in such poor conditions, war torn coutries out of their control, where the child sex trade is rife..

we have so many good things others dont.. we are privilaged yet we want more!

over a year ago

I love complaining

over a year ago

"I love complaining"
but do you get many lol

By *emon tart Double creamCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

"I'm a contractor for insurance/banking companies working in complaints and I left my permanent employment a few years and have not been out of work since..... it is one of the few industries which is thriving at the moment....everyone loves to complain...Just goes to show how much we are ripped off by insurance companies and wankers er sorry bankers "

Don't pay for insurance then and keep your money under the matress...

over a year ago

"I'm a contractor for insurance/banking companies working in complaints and I left my permanent employment a few years and have not been out of work since..... it is one of the few industries which is thriving at the moment....everyone loves to complain...Just goes to show how much we are ripped off by insurance companies and wankers er sorry bankers

Don't pay for insurance then and keep your money under the matress... "

Cant afford a matress wheres lilo Lil

over a year ago

"Poor Service = Complain. Bad attitude when buying = Complain. High Cost = Complain. Always complain, but equally give praise where its due"
When was the last time you gave praise for good service

over a year ago

"Poor Service = Complain. Bad attitude when buying = Complain. High Cost = Complain. Always complain, but equally give praise where its due When was the last time you gave praise for good service "

When I get good service I tip generously.

Post new Message to Thread