Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

North v South

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As a forum user on a totally unrelated

website (MTB) there was a thread there which defined the great North/South divide.It was quite a good read and had some great banter ,so as a born and bred northerner here go´s.

The North is best because :-

We are the Friendliest,have the best football teams,better Beer , not that flat Southern rubbish and the best scenery in the uk.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Strange thoughts for someone who lives in Spain these days, lol

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

Its simple... North wins

The South is full of Scum n chelski fans

over a year ago

You're a charmer ain't ya

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Strange thoughts for someone who lives in Spain these days, lol"

agree..

if its that good, get back..

get back to where you once belonged...

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

but wer nt dirty northern bastards

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Its simple... North wins

The South is full of Scum n chelski fans"

Scum?.....

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

Scum?....."

Manchester United fans

over a year ago

I think the south wins as the north tend to breed more serial killers.

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"

with webbed feet

over a year ago

in Lancashire

?

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

with webbed feet "

Its anazing what a pissed off truckdriver n a hammer can do

over a year ago

Really so you have a county with the largest most beautiful coast line of all Britain I think not oh and look at Blackburn the most depressing place I have ever visited.

There are many a good beer made in the southwest so I disagree with this comment lol

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

Really so you have a county with the largest most beautiful coast line of all Britain I think not oh and look at Blackburn the most depressing place I have ever visited.

There are many a good beer made in the southwest so I disagree with this comment lol "

Blackburn isnt in yorkshire

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

where is the dividing line. the north of brum fabbers seem to have more fun in the forums . maybe the grass is green syndrome is kicking in. southeast is warmer drier and prettier

over a year ago

There are many a good beer made in the southwest so I disagree with this comment lol

Blackburn isnt in yorkshire"

So Yorkshire is classed as north and Lancashire is south now I never said it was in Yorkshire did I lol thought this was north south devide not north north devide

over a year ago

Most northerners mean the south east when referring to the south and most likely Essex - the county of no taste and crap beer

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Most northerners mean the south east when referring to the south and most likely Essex - the county of no taste and crap beer"

have you tried some of the real ales brewed in Essex..?

pretty good tbh..

over a year ago

"Most northerners mean the south east when referring to the south and most likely Essex - the county of no taste and crap beer"

Yes but Cornwall is south west but still has south in the directions lol

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 05/03/13 21:16:23]

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I always look at it like this, when I lived in London I worked with and had neighbours from all over the UK, they relocated to London to earn decent wages and tended not to go back.

What I never came across much were Londoners who were relocating to Bradford/Halifax/Hull etc. in search of a better lifestyle....

Funny that

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

kent ...they dont call it the garden of england for nothing

over a year ago

I love the geography on this thread I don't think I will ask for directions when I go up north as it seems a bit vague to me lol

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

and u probably get this info from programms such as towie which is nothing like how essesx is at all.

altho up there in yorkshire, u prob dont have television to have seen it so maybe not ehhh up

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

ive been to ashby de la zouch . how the hell did they come up with that name. coalville looks how it sounds. gravesend aint all that either

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

As a truck driver who covers the UK when i say south i mean anything below NorthamptonSE/SW.. both shite but SW marginaly better

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/03/13 21:29:39]

over a year ago

Was has gone wrong up north today ?this is the second thread today started by northerners having a pop at us down south.

Are they jealous of us for some reason ?

over a year ago

Im scotish so your all sotherners

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Most northerners mean the south east when referring to the south and most likely Essex - the county of no taste and crap beer

As a truck driver who covers the UK when i say south i mean anything below NorthamptonSE/SW.. both shite but SW marginaly better"

People are flocking to move to Halifax from the Westcountry....it's like a mass exodus I tell ya!

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

South west is the best quite fond of the north west would bother with the rest never been to the north east though

over a year ago

"Most northerners mean the south east when referring to the south and most likely Essex - the county of no taste and crap beer

As a truck driver who covers the UK when i say south i mean anything below NorthamptonSE/SW.. both shite but SW marginaly better"

Your such a bitter man, was your first live a London girl or did your mummy run of with an Essex man ?

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

f..k me they let you drive and coming from halifax and calling the south west shite is the funniest thing ive heard all year

this care in the community lark is taking the mickey

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

cornwall will be good when they finish it

over a year ago

"kent ...they dont call it the garden of england for nothing"

Yea should be dug up lol

over a year ago

As a truck driver who covers the UK when i say south i mean anything below NorthamptonSE/SW.. both shite but SW marginaly better

f..k me they let you drive and coming from halifax and calling the south west shite is the funniest thing ive heard all year

this care in the community lark is taking the mickey"

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

"cornwall will be good when they finish it "

Thats a matter of opinion

By *ethany10Couple
over a year ago

falkirk

I have noticed and coming from Devon and moving gradually up north to Scotland that the further north you go the less attractive people are.

over a year ago

"I have noticed and coming from Devon and moving gradually up north to Scotland that the further north you go the less attractive people are."

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

not true the scottish lasses on here all have lovely legs. maybe it that sword dancing they do up there

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"I have noticed and coming from Devon and moving gradually up north to Scotland that the further north you go the less attractive people are."
thats the interbreeding that does that, most northerners make sloth from the goonies look like brad pit

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

"I have noticed and coming from Devon and moving gradually up north to Scotland that the further north you go the less attractive people are.thats the interbreeding that does that, most northerners make sloth from the goonies look like brad pit "

Looks is one thing but u Essex n southeast people dont have a single brain cell between ya all...

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"I have noticed and coming from Devon and moving gradually up north to Scotland that the further north you go the less attractive people are.thats the interbreeding that does that, most northerners make sloth from the goonies look like brad pit

Looks is one thing but u Essex n southeast people dont have a single brain cell between ya all... "

like i said u prob get this impression from towie, whch then proves ur an idiot if u actually think that

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I have noticed and coming from Devon and moving gradually up north to Scotland that the further north you go the less attractive people are.thats the interbreeding that does that, most northerners make sloth from the goonies look like brad pit

Looks is one thing but u Essex n southeast people dont have a single brain cell between ya all... "

Yeah maybe...but their average income is significantly higher than folk from Halifax I'll wager

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I did go to Halifax once....it was closed though

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

What's wrong with the West or the East? North and South is all people seem to care about?

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

blackpool vs skegness ???

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"What's wrong with the West or the East? North and South is all people seem to care about? "
##

It's a nonsense isn't it?, it's no different in many other countries though...the people in Spain are even worse.

The people in the Costa Daurada literally hate the people from the South of Spain.....

over a year ago

in Lancashire

yep spot on Einstein..

over a year ago

"not true the scottish lasses on here all have lovely legs. maybe it that sword dancing they do up there"

never danced on a sword in my life

over a year ago

"I always look at it like this, when I lived in London I worked with and had neighbours from all over the UK, they relocated to London to earn decent wages and tended not to go back.

What I never came across much were Londoners who were relocating to Bradford/Halifax/Hull etc. in search of a better lifestyle....

Funny that

"

But your back in Torquay?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I always look at it like this, when I lived in London I worked with and had neighbours from all over the UK, they relocated to London to earn decent wages and tended not to go back.

Funny that

But your back in Torquay?"

Back in Torquay?.....was born in the London area actually.

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

Says the lorry driver ha fucking ha.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"not true the scottish lasses on here all have lovely legs. maybe it that sword dancing they do up there

never danced on a sword in my life "

wonderful tattoo though

over a year ago

Funny that

"

You might not have encountered them but I have. . .in their droves!

North Yorkshire is filling up with southerners who want a better lifestyle for themselves and their kids. There must be something in it eh? Maybe it's the scenery/community spirit/less stressful lifestyle/friendliness of the locals? OR perhaps it's just that us northerners are better?

over a year ago

"

Maybe southerners are just better at hiding their victims

over a year ago

mate your the southerners best allie..

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

"I have noticed and coming from Devon and moving gradually up north to Scotland that the further north you go the less attractive people are.thats the interbreeding that does that, most northerners make sloth from the goonies look like brad pit "

PARDON !!!!!!!!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Funny that

North Yorkshire is filling up with southerners who want a better lifestyle for themselves and their kids. There must be something in it eh? Maybe it's the scenery/community spirit/less stressful lifestyle/friendliness of the locals? OR perhaps it's just that us northerners are better? "

Nah...it's just the wealthy Southerners who have made their money and are buying up all your property because the locals up your way can't afford to...

over a year ago

Picks up flat cap as I take whippet For a walk

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Maybe southerners are just better at hiding their victims "

They can just afford to have them disposed of....

By *r mrs pCouple
over a year ago

taunton

Funny that

North Yorkshire is filling up with southerners who want a better lifestyle for themselves and their kids. There must be something in it eh? Maybe it's the scenery/community spirit/less stressful lifestyle/friendliness of the locals? OR perhaps it's just that us northerners are better?

Nah...it's just the wealthy Southerners who have made their money and are buying up all your property because the locals up your way can't afford to... "

Lol, yep you buy a whole street for the price of a shed down here.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

i've heard that in the south,your sister is often also your wife,and at the wedding reception,they spit roast an oiled pig,no fire required.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"i've heard that in the south,your sister is often also your wife,and at the wedding reception,they spit roast an oiled pig,no fire required. "

Oi!!....you leave Dartmoor out of this!

over a year ago

Funny that

"

But left anyway? Can't say I blame you. Was it the cream teas that drew you in?

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"i've heard that in the south,your sister is often also your wife,and at the wedding reception,they spit roast an oiled pig,no fire required.

Oi!!....you leave Dartmoor out of this!"

i'm just wondering,how do i get an invite to one of those weddings mmmmmmm.

over a year ago

Funny that

Nah...it's just the wealthy Southerners who have made their money and are buying up all your property because the locals up your way can't afford to...

Lol, yep you buy a whole street for the price of a shed down here. "

And your all daft enough to pay it.

By *imjohnCouple
over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

We have had fun with people in the south, midlands, the north & Scotland...only insecure people have problems where they live.

John answered 17 out of 20 questions once in a quiz night up north & a guy said its not true what they say about Essex people being thick, John smiled & humored the guy as he entertained us with his ignorance...you get shallow people all over the country.

We are all on this site to have swinging fun & we can honestly say we have not ever come across any prejudice apart from this one guy who made himself look a dick in front of everyone lol.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Funny that

But left anyway? Can't say I blame you. Was it the cream teas that drew you in?"

Yes....made our money and moved somewhere less busy, one of the benefits of working in the South East....you can earn real money and get to spend it living somewhere nice after a few years...

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"i've heard that in the south,your sister is often also your wife,and at the wedding reception,they spit roast an oiled pig,no fire required.

Oi!!....you leave Dartmoor out of this!

i'm just wondering,how do i get an invite to one of those weddings mmmmmmm. "

Can you play the banjo?

Post new Message to Thread