Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Football kick off 3pm.

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
40 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

Hello and welcome to my football thread, continue here, it is for all leagues and what team do you support and are they playing today? I support man city and we will play against everton and I reckon that we will win with 2-1

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
40 weeks ago

"Hello and welcome to my football thread, continue here, it is for all leagues and what team do you support and are they playing today? I support man city and we will play against everton and I reckon that we will win with 2-1 "

Shag, you drew 2-2 with Palace didn’t you?

Reply privately

By *ixiePoisonWoman
40 weeks ago

Darlington

My team, Newcastle seem to get a couple of players back from injury, then get new injuries!

Reply privately

By *os19Man
40 weeks ago

Edmonton

Cockney Red here we go play Liverpool tomorrow and I fear it could be something similar like the 7-0 hammering last season.Also as football fans let’s all hope the Luton player Tom Lockyer makes a speedy recovery

Reply privately

By *eordieJeansCouple
40 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"My team, Newcastle seem to get a couple of players back from injury, then get new injuries! "

It’s unbelievable but the players that have came in have done an amazing job considering some of the fixtures we have played.

Reply privately

By *hagTonight OP   Man
40 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 16/12/23 23:13:06]

Reply privately

By *hagTonight OP   Man
40 weeks ago

"Hello and welcome to my football thread, continue here, it is for all leagues and what team do you support and are they playing today? I support man city and we will play against everton and I reckon that we will win with 2-1

Shag, you drew 2-2 with Palace didn’t you? "

Yes, we drew against crystal palace today.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
39 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Wishing Tom Lockyer a speedy recovery.. and I swear the next person who mentions vaccine on my twitter feed is gonna be jabbed with my right hand!!!

And it’s mainly people who know shit all about football!!

Reply privately

By *dward_TeagueMan
39 weeks ago

wolverhampton

Villa are at Brentford today, I’m hoping that we continue our good run. Come on me babbies!

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

So....another Super Sunday with both Manchester United & Woolwich Arsenal in action

The boys from South East London entertain Brighton today at 2pm. This fixture was significant last season when the seagulls inflicted a devastating 3-0 defeat on Arteta's men, effectively ending their title challenge

This time however, with Brighton having some inconsistent results & Arsenal having rested a few of their big hitters in the dead-rubber European tie vs PSV, I expect the red cheats to narrow edge past De Zerbi's men.

In the other big game at 4:30, league leaders Liverpool face a Manchester United side going through the worst run of form since 1974, when they were relegated. Surely it's a case of how many Liverpool will score?

With Ten Hag fighting for his job, I expect him to set up similar to how he did against Arsenal & more recently Newcastle, where they sit deep showing very little attacking intent & hope to hit Liverpool on a rare breakaway. Liverpool will obviously win, but they may not fill their boots to the level that many expect.

Ten Hag will be without Harry Maguire (injury) & captain Bruno Fernandes (suspension/bottled it), with Mctominay expected to skipper the side in his absence.

Predictions :

West Ham 1-1 Wolves

Brentford 2-3 Aston Villa

Arsenal 2-1 Brighton

Liverpool 3-0 Man Utd

Reply privately

By *abioMan
39 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I’ll take Liverpool to not win by 7… otherwise we may see Gary Neville throwing himself off the TV gantry

Although it would be funny if klopp just ordered the “finish him” mortal Kombat style…. (Theres one for the kids!)

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
39 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Cockney Red here we go play Liverpool tomorrow and I fear it could be something similar like the 7-0 hammering last season.Also as football fans let’s all hope the Luton player Tom Lockyer makes a speedy recovery "

I think it'll be tighter than that, your lot will be happy with a 0-0 so will try to sit deep and frustrate..

Think we'll win but it won't be like last season's stuffing..

And with you on Tom Lockyer

Reply privately

By *os19Man
39 weeks ago

Edmonton

[Removed by poster at 17/12/23 09:54:18]

Reply privately

By *os19Man
39 weeks ago

Edmonton

"Cockney Red here we go play Liverpool tomorrow and I fear it could be something similar like the 7-0 hammering last season.Also as football fans let’s all hope the Luton player Tom Lockyer makes a speedy recovery

I think it'll be tighter than that, your lot will be happy with a 0-0 so will try to sit deep and frustrate..

And with you on Tom Lockyer "

. I agree with you that we will be happy with a 0-0 and we will sit deep and try to frustrate.If we lose by 3 or less it will be like a moral victory if we lose by 4 or more that it becomes a bit of a humiliation. Off the top of my head I think it was December 2018 under Jose Mourinho we lost 3-1 to Liverpool at Anfield and within a couple of days we Jose was fired it wouldn’t be a big surprise to me it history repeated itself although I hope it doesn’t.I think all us football fans wish Tom Lockyer a speedy recovery

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

I know we love a bit of banter on this thread and it's all in good fun, but honestly, I don't think my mind, body, and soul is ready for what's about to happen today

Reply privately

39 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Cockney Red here we go play Liverpool tomorrow and I fear it could be something similar like the 7-0 hammering last season.Also as football fans let’s all hope the Luton player Tom Lockyer makes a speedy recovery

And with you on Tom Lockyer . I agree with you that we will be happy with a 0-0 and we will sit deep and try to frustrate.If we lose by 3 or less it will be like a moral victory if we lose by 4 or more that it becomes a bit of a humiliation. Off the top of my head I think it was December 2018 under Jose Mourinho we lost 3-1 to Liverpool at Anfield and within a couple of days we Jose was fired it wouldn’t be a big surprise to me it history repeated itself although I hope it doesn’t.I think all us football fans wish Tom Lockyer a speedy recovery "

If it was anywhere near recent results at our place I would of course be a happy bunny and bait a cpl of Man U mates who I've been back and forthing for well over 30 yrs..

Be wrong not to..

Reply privately

By *hagTonight OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Is your team playing today?

Reply privately

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan
39 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

"Is your team playing today? "

My Scottish team is. Aberdeen v Rangers in the final today.

Reply privately

By *ools and the brainCouple
39 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Well this season has more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
39 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Well this season has more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing.

"

They say he walk on water…. And turns it into wine!

Oh I believe in Jesus…. The arsenal no.9!!

And the havertz fella… never doubted him!!!

Onward to anfield next Saturday night!!!

Reply privately

39 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"Well this season has more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing.

They say he walk on water…. And turns it into wine!

Oh I believe in Jesus…. The arsenal no.9!!

And the havertz fella… never doubted him!!!

Onward to anfield next Saturday night!!! "

Let's just hope we don't capitulate like last season after Christmas and blow a decent lead, city really haven't got into their stride yet.

Liverpool and Villa are definitely going to have a huge part in whoever is going to win at the moment it could go 4 ways.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

Can I unclench yet?

Reply privately

39 weeks ago

Everton fan here.

Wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy!

This season is crazy.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

Joke red card for Dalot there. Got to love Michael Oliver needing to make it about himself

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

Terrible match from both sides. Liverpool controlled it for the most part but I'm chuffed with a point here as I genuinely feared the worst.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
39 weeks ago

North Bucks

"Joke red card for Dalot there. Got to love Michael Oliver needing to make it about himself "

At least you can say you drew at Anfield with ten men mate

Ps what does Anthony and Hojlund do?

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

"Joke red card for Dalot there. Got to love Michael Oliver needing to make it about himself

At least you can say you drew at Anfield with ten men mate

Ps what does Anthony and Hojlund do? "

They can't do anything when the midfield can't get the ball to them! I do wish Hojlund was a bit more composed with his chance but it's hard to be a one chance, one goal player.

Reply privately

By *zeroMan
39 weeks ago

Glasgow

Rangers won the League Cup so I'm happy. The turn around in the last few weeks has been fantastic.

Reply privately

By *os19Man
39 weeks ago

Edmonton

And with you on Tom Lockyer . I agree with you that we will be happy with a 0-0 and we will sit deep and try to frustrate.If we lose by 3 or less it will be like a moral victory if we lose by 4 or more that it becomes a bit of a humiliation. Off the top of my head I think it was December 2018 under Jose Mourinho we lost 3-1 to Liverpool at Anfield and within a couple of days we Jose was fired it wouldn’t be a big surprise to me it history repeated itself although I hope it doesn’t.I think all us football fans wish Tom Lockyer a speedy recovery

If it was anywhere near recent results at our place I would of course be a happy bunny and bait a cpl of Man U mates who I've been back and forthing for well over 30 yrs..

Be wrong not to.. "

. You were correct when you said we would be happy with a 0-0 and sit deep and frustrate you which we did.As ironic as this will sound as he is our best player but had Bruno Fernandes not been suspended I think we would have lost as I don’t think he does the ugly side of midfield play as well as McTominay

Reply privately

39 weeks ago

in Lancashire

And with you on Tom Lockyer . I agree with you that we will be happy with a 0-0 and we will sit deep and try to frustrate.If we lose by 3 or less it will be like a moral victory if we lose by 4 or more that it becomes a bit of a humiliation. Off the top of my head I think it was December 2018 under Jose Mourinho we lost 3-1 to Liverpool at Anfield and within a couple of days we Jose was fired it wouldn’t be a big surprise to me it history repeated itself although I hope it doesn’t.I think all us football fans wish Tom Lockyer a speedy recovery

Be wrong not to.. . You were correct when you said we would be happy with a 0-0 and sit deep and frustrate you which we did.As ironic as this will sound as he is our best player but had Bruno Fernandes not been suspended I think we would have lost as I don’t think he does the ugly side of midfield play as well as McTominay "

That's a very fair point..

He does tend to get a bit techy and petulant when the going gets tough..

Must frustrate the fuck out of some of the old boys from Fergie's days when they knew what was needed..

Reply privately

By *ngermungerMan
39 weeks ago

Surrey

Your not a big fan then man City played crystal Palace yesterday

Reply privately

39 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Your not a big fan then man City played crystal Palace yesterday "

If you use reply and quote it will help which point your referring to..

Reply privately

By *os19Man
39 weeks ago

Edmonton

Be wrong not to.. . You were correct when you said we would be happy with a 0-0 and sit deep and frustrate you which we did.As ironic as this will sound as he is our best player but had Bruno Fernandes not been suspended I think we would have lost as I don’t think he does the ugly side of midfield play as well as McTominay

That's a very fair point..

He does tend to get a bit techy and petulant when the going gets tough..

Must frustrate the fuck out of some of the old boys from Fergie's days when they knew what was needed..

"

. It’s not so much his petulance although that’s not ideal it’s the fact that he doesn’t track back enough to try to get a tackle in which when you are playing teams that are better than you technically and you don’t want to make it easy for them to open you up.McTominay did that today which helped us get the draw.

Reply privately

By *ary 121Man
39 weeks ago

East Bergholt

3:00 pm is a proper rare match kick off time nowadays………….proper football kicks off @ 3pm ( or from about 13.30 when the away fans arrive ??)

Reply privately

By *abioMan
39 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

So……. Hmmmmm…. Ermmm…. That super league thing then!!!

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

"So……. Hmmmmm…. Ermmm…. That super league thing then!!! "

Been reading up on the ruling, and any Super League would still need to be approved by UEFA, which they almost certainly won't approve for obvious reasons.

However that doesn't necessarily stop the clubs from deciding to breakaway from UEFA/home associations and going rogue. Ultimately if the clubs are determined to join this thing then they'll have to go it alone.

They (as in the European Clubs Association), are saying all the right things, talking about "they're all united against the attempts of a few thousand individuals pushing agendas", in reference to A22, the people behind the Super League, but I just don't believe them.

I think if the Super League gets big money backing, from America or Arab countries, I reckon the big clubs will be off.

It's mainly Barcelona & Real Madrid pushing the hardest for this nonsense.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
39 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Oh dear……..

Reply privately

By *abioMan
39 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Oh dear…….. "

Oh dear….

Reply privately

39 weeks ago

Linfield at match to night

We won Linfield 2 Coleraine 1

That's in Belfast Folks

Reply privately

By *hagTonight OP   Man
39 weeks ago

Is your team playing today?

Reply privately

By *eordieJeansCouple
39 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Luton away for us. Our away record is horrendous so I’m going for a 1-1 draw.

Reply privately

By *os19Man
39 weeks ago

Edmonton

The Cockney Reds are in town today for a 12.30 kick off.No logic just a gut feeling that we will win and Hojlund will finally score in the Premier League.I am expecting another performance like at Liverpool where we defend deep and frustrate the opposition then hit on the break.

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

So, the festive football calendar begins today with several top teams in action.

And the action starts early, as at 12:30pm, the leagues most unpredictable side take on the leagues MOST predictable side at the Estadio Olympico in Stratford.

West Ham United gaffer David Moyes will be hoping to erase memories of the heavy Carabao Cup Quarter Final loss to Liverpool, by getting 3 points against his former employer, and the most boring football team in the country, Manchester United.

If results go their way, the irons could be 6th in the table by 5pm tonight.

Man Utd fans, still on cloud 9 after their heroic 0-0 draw at Anfield, where they did not earn a single corner in the entire 90+ mins, will be hoping their side show a bit more attacking intent against a wet spam side who have shipped 5 goals twice in recent weeks.

They will be encouraged by the performances of the makeshift center back pairing of Johnny Evans & Raphael Varane, who put up a defensive display against Liverpool that was tighter than a trannys fanny at the annual Reddit Neckbearded Weeaboo Appeciation Society meeting, held at an open-air café in Siberia.

This to me has draw written all over it. West Ham could perhaps snatch it by the odd goal.

The pick of the 3pm games has to be at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, where an in-form Everton hope to continue their recent run & break the habit of a lifetime by actually picking up points away to Spurs, where they have a shocking historical record. If there's ever a bogey fixture for Everton, it's Spurs away.

This could be the toffee's best opportunity to break that cycle, as Spurs are without several key men following their indisciplined 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest last week, with Yves Bissouma & Destiny Udogie both missing through suspension, and Brennan Johnson a doubt after a head injury he picked up against Forest.

With Manchester City not playing a fixture this weekend due to involvement in the Club World Cup, Spurs could temporarily leapfrog them into 4th place with a win & find themselves only 3pts off Aston Villa, who blew the chance to go top after being surprisingly held at home by Sheffield United. With Spurs almost certainly having to play a midfield involving Oliver Skipp & Pierre Emil Hojbjerg, and Emerson Chicken Royal surely to be called in to the backline somewhere with Udogie out, even at home, I just can't see a home win. It could be a good day for Everton here

The evening kick-off is arguably the game of the day, with the most corrupt football club ever to emerge from south east London travelling to Anfield in a top of the table clash. Liverpool will go top with a win, anything less and Arsenal will cling on to top spot for the 2nd Xmas in a row.... Not that it meant anything last season

The form books are certainly not in the gooners favour, with Liverpool currently unbeaten in their last 20 games at home, and Arsenal having not won at Anfield since 2012, a game which Arsenal cone-boy Mikel Arteta was actually playing in.

Arteta is believed to be considering dropping his £65m starboy Kai Havertz to the bench, despite his recent good form.

This is not a straight forward one to call. I can't pick a sure winner, so I'm going with an entertaining draw.

In the other games, I think Luton vs Newcastle could be the coupon buster. I can imagine it being an emotionally charged atmosphere at Kenilworth Road following the events of last week.

Predictions :

West Ham 1-1 Man United

Tottenham 1-2 Everton

Notts Forest 1- 3 Bournemouth

Fulham 3-0 Burnley

Luton Town 2-1 Newcastle

Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal

Reply privately

By *abioMan
39 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

At anfield this evening… I’ll be the black arsenal fan.

Actually looking forward to seeing how the new stand looks and seeing if the scousers will rain stuff down on us!

Anyway… Kai havertz hat trick… I think Saka will give the Greek lad fits! And that midfield can be gotten at! I like gravenbach and the Hungarian kid… but endo is a liability

Reply privately

39 weeks ago

Ttteeeside here

UTB.

Boro 2, the baggies 0

Reply privately

39 weeks ago

"Hello and welcome to my football thread, continue here, it is for all leagues and what team do you support and are they playing today? I support man city and we will play against everton and I reckon that we will win with 2-1 "

No the blues the toffees will beat you 3 nil

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

Have an academy product starting at CB with a 35 year old Jonny Evans but according to some, our injury problems aren't as bad as Tottenham or media darlings Newcastle

Reply privately

By *eordieJeansCouple
39 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Have an academy product starting at CB with a 35 year old Jonny Evans but according to some, our injury problems aren't as bad as Tottenham or media darlings Newcastle "

Can you name a starting 11 of injured players?

Reply privately

By *igfatlad79Man
39 weeks ago

Bradford

My team is Liverpool my prediction is 3-2 to the mighty reds

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

"Have an academy product starting at CB with a 35 year old Jonny Evans but according to some, our injury problems aren't as bad as Tottenham or media darlings Newcastle

Can you name a starting 11 of injured players?"

I can't, no. But we've been plagued by injuries all season and have played terribly and had bad results because of that. Doesn't stop the pile-on when it happens though because we apparently can't use injuries as an excuse

Reply privately

By *eordieJeansCouple
39 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Have an academy product starting at CB with a 35 year old Jonny Evans but according to some, our injury problems aren't as bad as Tottenham or media darlings Newcastle

I can't, no. But we've been plagued by injuries all season and have played terribly and had bad results because of that. Doesn't stop the pile-on when it happens though because we apparently can't use injuries as an excuse"

I mean there’s a massive difference between yours and ours. Your bench was probably worth more than our starting 11 when we played a few weeks back.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

I can't, no. But we've been plagued by injuries all season and have played terribly and had bad results because of that. Doesn't stop the pile-on when it happens though because we apparently can't use injuries as an excuse

I mean there’s a massive difference between yours and ours. Your bench was probably worth more than our starting 11 when we played a few weeks back."

It's not about a comparison of the teams, it's a comparison of the treatment of both sides, especially when we still haven't had a settled back 4 all season

Reply privately

By *loydyMan
39 weeks ago

British

Newcastle united we are playing Luton Town away

Reply privately

By *eordieJeansCouple
39 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I mean there’s a massive difference between yours and ours. Your bench was probably worth more than our starting 11 when we played a few weeks back.

It's not about a comparison of the teams, it's a comparison of the treatment of both sides, especially when we still haven't had a settled back 4 all season"

You’re not wrong but I think the treatment is because your most expensive defender is starting in that back 4. If your club have spunked the money away that isn’t because other clubs are the media darlings. It’s because those other clubs have spent well and are missing the players they’ve spent well on.

As a side note we get no sympathy for Tonali being out even though that was out of our control.

Reply privately

By *os19Man
39 weeks ago

Edmonton

"Have an academy product starting at CB with a 35 year old Jonny Evans but according to some, our injury problems aren't as bad as Tottenham or media darlings Newcastle "
. Not ideal our centre back pairing but we do have our first choice goalkeeper , right back , left back , Fernandes and Hojlund starting as well as two promising youngsters in Garnacho & Mainoo playing so not all doom and gloom

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

Even when man utd had a fully fit team to pick from, like when they played Spurs & Wolves early in the season, they still looked trash. They were outplayed in both those games & this was before the Martinez injury & Sancho debacle.

Reply privately

39 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Now 2 nil.

Reply privately

39 weeks ago

Hoping for a Gas win at Blackpool.

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
39 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

"Now 2 nil.

"

Get the Fuck in

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

And another #6 dies in Ten Hags system.

So far ten hag has killed..

Casemiro

Eriksen

Amrabat

Mctominay

And now Kobbie Mainoo

Reply privately

By *accar305Man
39 weeks ago

Somerset/Oxford

Just off to grass roots footy,

Western League Premiership 3rd v 4th place clash….c’mon!

Reply privately

By *os19Man
39 weeks ago

Edmonton

"And another #6 dies in Ten Hags system.

Casemiro

Eriksen

Amrabat

Mctominay

And now Kobbie Mainoo "

. I can’t blame Erik ten Hag for Man Utd problems at #6 Casemiro is the best #6 we have and unfortunately he is injured Mainoo is still a young boy and perhaps after today’s mistake hopefully some of our fans will realise he still needs time to develop.In my opinion McTominay & Eriksen are not #6 but #8 and Amrabat although a #6 is not quick enough for the Premier League at the moment and perhaps may never be.

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
39 weeks ago

Stratford

"Have an academy product starting at CB with a 35 year old Jonny Evans but according to some, our injury problems aren't as bad as Tottenham or media darlings Newcastle . Not ideal our centre back pairing but we do have our first choice goalkeeper , right back , left back , Fernandes and Hojlund starting as well as two promising youngsters in Garnacho & Mainoo playing so not all doom and gloom "

In fairness could have gone with Evans and Shaw with Reguillon at LB. But giving a youth prospect a debut in a game like this deserves credit

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
39 weeks ago

Stratford

Casemiro

Eriksen

Amrabat

Mctominay

And now Kobbie Mainoo . I can’t blame Erik ten Hag for Man Utd problems at #6 Casemiro is the best #6 we have and unfortunately he is injured Mainoo is still a young boy and perhaps after today’s mistake hopefully some of our fans will realise he still needs time to develop.In my opinion McTominay & Eriksen are not #6 but #8 and Amrabat although a #6 is not quick enough for the Premier League at the moment and perhaps may never be."

If you have pace as a 6 then great but it’s not a pré-requisite. Rodri doesn’t have it, Fabinho never had it. The issue is the players around them that leave them exposed

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
39 weeks ago

Stratford

But fuck Man Utd while we’re here

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
39 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

"But fuck Man Utd while we’re here "

My pleasure

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

"Even when man utd had a fully fit team to pick from, like when they played Spurs & Wolves early in the season, they still looked trash. They were outplayed in both those games & this was before the Martinez injury & Sancho debacle."

Well done, you picked two of our first games of the season when we're in December. Great pool of matches to pick from

Reply privately

By *ixiePoisonWoman
39 weeks ago

Darlington

My team away to Luton… need a good result today after a poor run

Reply privately

By *os19Man
39 weeks ago

Edmonton

"Have an academy product starting at CB with a 35 year old Jonny Evans but according to some, our injury problems aren't as bad as Tottenham or media darlings Newcastle . Not ideal our centre back pairing but we do have our first choice goalkeeper , right back , left back , Fernandes and Hojlund starting as well as two promising youngsters in Garnacho & Mainoo playing so not all doom and gloom

In fairness could have gone with Evans and Shaw with Reguillon at LB. But giving a youth prospect a debut in a game like this deserves credit "

. Yes it was a option to have gone with Evans & Shaw at centre back but perhaps the fact that both prefer to be the left sided centre back may have been the thinking to play Kambwala as a right sided centre back who I felt did ok on his debut.

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

"Even when man utd had a fully fit team to pick from, like when they played Spurs & Wolves early in the season, they still looked trash. They were outplayed in both those games & this was before the Martinez injury & Sancho debacle.

Well done, you picked two of our first games of the season when we're in December. Great pool of matches to pick from "

The excuse that man utd fans were using was injuries.

I'm just pointing out that even when man utd had a fully fit team to pick from they were still crap.

What difference does it make if it's the first 2 games? Do they time to warm up? Do they need to be slow cooked like a Turkey?

Reply privately

By *BWLOVER1965Man
39 weeks ago

My Own Little World

My team v

Arsenal later

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

Casemiro

Eriksen

Amrabat

Mctominay

And now Kobbie Mainoo . I can’t blame Erik ten Hag for Man Utd problems at #6 Casemiro is the best #6 we have and unfortunately he is injured Mainoo is still a young boy and perhaps after today’s mistake hopefully some of our fans will realise he still needs time to develop.In my opinion McTominay & Eriksen are not #6 but #8 and Amrabat although a #6 is not quick enough for the Premier League at the moment and perhaps may never be.

If you have pace as a 6 then great but it’s not a pré-requisite. Rodri doesn’t have it, Fabinho never had it. The issue is the players around them that leave them exposed "

Literally.

Playing with guys like Bruno & Mctominay kills whoever plays in the #6

Bruno has no positional discipline, gives the ball away too much, and has a suspect mentality. And as has been pointed out, Mctominay is not a #6, or even an #8. Mctominay is basically a championship level #10. He would be a second striker if he played for Plymouth Argyle.

Whoever plays as a DM in Ten Hags system is set up to fail, because of his selection of the players around him. That's only down to one man...

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

"Even when man utd had a fully fit team to pick from, like when they played Spurs & Wolves early in the season, they still looked trash. They were outplayed in both those games & this was before the Martinez injury & Sancho debacle.

Well done, you picked two of our first games of the season when we're in December. Great pool of matches to pick from

I'm just pointing out that even when man utd had a fully fit team to pick from they were still crap.

What difference does it make if it's the first 2 games? Do they time to warm up? Do they need to be slow cooked like a Turkey? "

It doesn't matter when the two matches are, it matters that you used two matches for the basis of your entire argument that we're not allowed to blame injuries for our form and yet others can. Look, I'm sorry if United ruined your childhood/early twenties but the blind hatred really should stop

Reply privately

By *os19Man
39 weeks ago

Edmonton

Casemiro

Eriksen

Amrabat

Mctominay

And now Kobbie Mainoo . I can’t blame Erik ten Hag for Man Utd problems at #6 Casemiro is the best #6 we have and unfortunately he is injured Mainoo is still a young boy and perhaps after today’s mistake hopefully some of our fans will realise he still needs time to develop.In my opinion McTominay & Eriksen are not #6 but #8 and Amrabat although a #6 is not quick enough for the Premier League at the moment and perhaps may never be.

If you have pace as a 6 then great but it’s not a pré-requisite. Rodri doesn’t have it, Fabinho never had it. The issue is the players around them that leave them exposed

Literally.

Playing with guys like Bruno & Mctominay kills whoever plays in the #6

Bruno has no positional discipline, gives the ball away too much, and has a suspect mentality. And as has been pointed out, Mctominay is not a #6, or even an #8. Mctominay is basically a championship level #10. He would be a second striker if he played for Plymouth Argyle.

Whoever plays as a DM in Ten Hags system is set up to fail, because of his selection of the players around him. That's only down to one man... "

. As demonstrated by last season Casemiro as a #6 Eriksen as a hybrid #6 & #8 and Fernandes as a hybrid #8 & #10 worked well last season this season we have been unfortunate with the injuries to Casemiro & Eriksen as unfortunately from my point of view Hojlund is looking out of his depth in the Premier League Rashford is badly of form.Fernandes despite not hitting the standards of last season has 5 goals & 5 assists in all competitions and is our top performer in those stats added together.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
39 weeks ago

North Bucks

Can’t get over that Forest sending off.

And it looks like it’s going to cost them.

Reply privately

By *eordieJeansCouple
39 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

It’s official. We’re shite away from home.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
39 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Have to say the new anfield is nice… obviously not emirates nice.. but it’s nice!

Bring it on….

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

I'm scratching my head to think of the last time Spurs won a game with Eric Dier on the pitch. Certainly wasn't this season

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

What difference does it make if it's the first 2 games? Do they time to warm up? Do they need to be slow cooked like a Turkey?

It doesn't matter when the two matches are, it matters that you used two matches for the basis of your entire argument that we're not allowed to blame injuries for our form and yet others can. Look, I'm sorry if United ruined your childhood/early twenties but the blind hatred really should stop "

It's really not that deep, it just amuses me the amount of copium man utd fans are huffing in order to keep believing in the evidently shit manager they have.

If I hated man utd that much, I'd be telling you he's the best manager in the league & you guys should give him a 10 year contract

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
39 weeks ago

Stratford

"Have to say the new anfield is nice… obviously not emirates nice.. but it’s nice!

Bring it on…. "

Are you there?

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 23/12/23 17:54:05]

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

It also makes no sense why I would use games from last season to base my argument on, when that was still mostly Ole's team. Isn't that another excuse you guys use? “oh its players throwing another manager under the bus" etc

This is mostly Ten Hags players now. He's had 400m to spend & 2 summer windows.

How long does he need to implement a style of play? Is 1 season, 2 summer windows & 400m not enough?

The excuses for giving him more time sounds like the excuse used by a man who's been on 6 socials with a girl got nowhere near her bedroom yet but is up for going on a 7th & swears blind he hasn't been friend zoned

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

"Have to say the new anfield is nice… obviously not emirates nice.. but it’s nice!

Bring it on….

Are you there?"

If he is he would have got a great view of that mo salah goal

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

"It also makes no sense why I would use games from last season to base my argument on, when that was still mostly Ole's team. Isn't that another excuse you guys use? “oh its players throwing another manager under the bus" etc

How long does he need to implement a style of play? Is 1 season, 2 summer windows & 400m not enough?

The excuses for giving him more time sounds like the excuse used by a man who's been on 6 socials with a girl got nowhere near her bedroom yet but is up for going on a 7th & swears blind he hasn't been friend zoned "

I'm not talking about games from last season. You used two games (one of which we actually won!) to base your argument off. We're now in December where we probably haven't played our best 11 since. I think I'm just going ignore your posts from now on to be honest because you have a bit of a hate-boner for United and nothing anyone can say will change the agenda you have against them.

Reply privately

By *os19Man
39 weeks ago

Edmonton

"It also makes no sense why I would use games from last season to base my argument on, when that was still mostly Ole's team. Isn't that another excuse you guys use? “oh its players throwing another manager under the bus" etc

The excuses for giving him more time sounds like the excuse used by a man who's been on 6 socials with a girl got nowhere near her bedroom yet but is up for going on a 7th & swears blind he hasn't been friend zoned

I'm not talking about games from last season. You used two games (one of which we actually won!) to base your argument off. We're now in December where we probably haven't played our best 11 since. I think I'm just going ignore your posts from now on to be honest because you have a bit of a hate-boner for United and nothing anyone can say will change the agenda you have against them."

. I think that FiggyBetty may have been aiming their comments at me as in a earlier posting I mentioned the form of our midfield 3 of last season Casemiro, Eriksen , Fernandes

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

"I'm not talking about games from last season. You used two games (one of which we actually won!) to base your argument off. We're now in December where we probably haven't played our best 11 since. I think I'm just going ignore your posts from now on to be honest because you have a bit of a hate-boner for United and nothing anyone can say will change the agenda you have against them."

Yeah you know what just ignore my posts. I don't want to waste time getting into back-&-forths with someone who's that much of a paranoid snowflake that they think anyone who criticizes their evidently underperforming football team on a swinging site forum, has an "agenda".

I don’t know if Erik Ten Hag has incriminating pictures of you or something, but clearly saying uncomplimentary things about his management of man utd is something that's going to upset you personally & I'm not here for that. It's really not that deep.

I will probably continue to criticise him & man utd though for as long as man utd continue to stink out the Premier League, so feel free to ignore it if it offends your fragile sensibilities.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

"I'm not talking about games from last season. You used two games (one of which we actually won!) to base your argument off. We're now in December where we probably haven't played our best 11 since. I think I'm just going ignore your posts from now on to be honest because you have a bit of a hate-boner for United and nothing anyone can say will change the agenda you have against them.

Yeah you know what just ignore my posts. I don't want to waste time getting into back-&-forths with someone who's that much of a paranoid snowflake that they think anyone who criticizes their evidently underperforming football team on a swinging site forum, has an "agenda".

I don’t know if Erik Ten Hag has incriminating pictures of you or something, but clearly saying uncomplimentary things about his management of man utd is something that's going to upset you personally & I'm not here for that. It's really not that deep.

I will probably continue to criticise him & man utd though for as long as man utd continue to stink out the Premier League, so feel free to ignore it if it offends your fragile sensibilities."

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

Arsenal need to be careful not letting this game get too open. Would be handy for them to slow it down a touch and kill the momentum Liverpool have at the minute.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

"I'm not talking about games from last season. You used two games (one of which we actually won!) to base your argument off. We're now in December where we probably haven't played our best 11 since. I think I'm just going ignore your posts from now on to be honest because you have a bit of a hate-boner for United and nothing anyone can say will change the agenda you have against them.

I will probably continue to criticise him & man utd though for as long as man utd continue to stink out the Premier League, so feel free to ignore it if it offends your fragile sensibilities."

Actually, no. So you'll continue to criticise a team you don't support who "stink out the Premier League" but that's apparently not an agenda? Give your head a wobble

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

"I think that FiggyBetty may have been aiming their comments at me as in a earlier posting I mentioned the form of our midfield 3 of last season Casemiro, Eriksen , Fernandes "

No, it indeed was aimed at ho ho beans who says I based my whole argument on 2 games. As if Man Utd would suddenly start tiki-taka-ing everyone off the pitch if they could pick Lisandro Martinez

There's no reasoning with someone who thinks the shite they're being served up every week no matter who is available for selection, is acceptable. He just doesn't understand football like that, and that's ok - really it is.

Man Utd this season remind me of Spurs last season under Conte. Spurs sacked Conte when Spurs were still 4th but the football was crap, he was no longer getting results or even looking like he could turn it around, & he'd lost most of the dressing room. This is why I'm calling out Ten Hag because I can see the same pattern.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

"I think that FiggyBetty may have been aiming their comments at me as in a earlier posting I mentioned the form of our midfield 3 of last season Casemiro, Eriksen , Fernandes

No, it indeed was aimed at ho ho beans who says I based my whole argument on 2 games. As if Man Utd would suddenly start tiki-taka-ing everyone off the pitch if they could pick Lisandro Martinez

There's no reasoning with someone who thinks the shite they're being served up every week no matter who is available for selection, is acceptable. He just doesn't understand football like that, and that's ok - really it is.

Man Utd this season remind me of Spurs last season under Conte. Spurs sacked Conte when Spurs were still 4th but the football was crap, he was no longer getting results or even looking like he could turn it around, & he'd lost most of the dressing room. This is why I'm calling out Ten Hag because I can see the same pattern. "

But we've clearly had games and spells where we can see the build up that Ten Hag wants. And saying that's it only because Martinez is missing is an understatement when Shaw and Varane and Wan Bissaka have also been missing for large periods which affects our build up from the back. Also, quite frankly, after the last ten years, I'm sick of blaming the manager when there are issues beyond him that need addressing such as the recruitment and long term strategies which have have been forced on EtH to make instead of having that structure above him to help.

You're saying I don't understand football, when you clearly don't understand Manchester United. You're parroting the same stories said by everyone else because it's the cool thing to do.

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

"Actually, no. So you'll continue to criticise a team you don't support who "stink out the Premier League" but that's apparently not an agenda? Give your head a wobble "

So I should never be able to talk critically about any other teams except my own, otherwise that's an agenda according to you?

You know what, whatever.

Reply privately

By *os19Man
39 weeks ago

Edmonton

"I think that FiggyBetty may have been aiming their comments at me as in a earlier posting I mentioned the form of our midfield 3 of last season Casemiro, Eriksen , Fernandes

Man Utd this season remind me of Spurs last season under Conte. Spurs sacked Conte when Spurs were still 4th but the football was crap, he was no longer getting results or even looking like he could turn it around, & he'd lost most of the dressing room. This is why I'm calling out Ten Hag because I can see the same pattern. "

. Whilst I admit the quality of football we have served up so far this season is 3/10 it not all can be blamed at Erik ten Hag.There is not a lot a manager can do if players are struggling for form he has played them hoping they can play their way into form and dropped them so far things haven’t worked out but with half a season to go we are 8 points behind Tottenham who are 4th.So whilst from a performance based on this season we will struggle to get into 4th I believe that when the injured players recover and Antony , Rashford , Holjund find some form we can improve our performances and go after that top 4 spot.You mentioned Tottenham and Conte I seem to remember Conte pretty much daring Tottenham to sack him at a press conference.I also remember Tottenham sacking Jose Mourinho the week leading up to the League Cup final against Man City I still believe if Tottenham had kept Mourinho for that one game they would have had a better chance of winning the League Cup

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
39 weeks ago

North Bucks

Fair result at Anfield.

Ps what does Antony do?

Reply privately

By *abioMan
39 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Bring it on….

Are you there?

If he is he would have got a great view of that mo salah goal "

Yes I was there……..

Good game all round…. Defence was good although when Tomi is back he has to play left back!

Good point gained!!!

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

"Actually, no. So you'll continue to criticise a team you don't support who "stink out the Premier League" but that's apparently not an agenda? Give your head a wobble

So I should never be able to talk critically about any other teams except my own, otherwise that's an agenda according to you?

You know what, whatever. "

Do it about Chelsea, City, and Newcastle who are all underperforming this season by their expected standards with the same enthusiasm you do about United and then we can talk

Reply privately

By *eordieJeansCouple
39 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Actually, no. So you'll continue to criticise a team you don't support who "stink out the Premier League" but that's apparently not an agenda? Give your head a wobble

You know what, whatever.

Do it about Chelsea, City, and Newcastle who are all underperforming this season by their expected standards with the same enthusiasm you do about United and then we can talk "

Newcastle catching strays again. I need that 50 Cent/Mayweather video

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

You know what, whatever.

Do it about Chelsea, City, and Newcastle who are all underperforming this season by their expected standards with the same enthusiasm you do about United and then we can talk

Newcastle catching strays again. I need that 50 Cent/Mayweather video "

Sorry

Reply privately

By *r. Pepper...Man
39 weeks ago

liverpool

You know what, whatever.

Do it about Chelsea, City, and Newcastle who are all underperforming this season by their expected standards with the same enthusiasm you do about United and then we can talk "

I wouldn't say Newcastle have been underperforming, they're shite and always have been

Reply privately

By *eordieJeansCouple
39 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

You know what, whatever.

I wouldn't say Newcastle have been underperforming, they're shite and always have been "

I’d say we overperformed last season and 5th-8th is our actual level.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

You know what, whatever.

I wouldn't say Newcastle have been underperforming, they're shite and always have been

I’d say we overperformed last season and 5th-8th is our actual level. "

I genuinely wouldn't say that. From the moment you sacked Bruce and brought Howe in, you've genuinely been in top 4 form which is a good season and a half of consistency.

Reply privately

By *eordieJeansCouple
39 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

You know what, whatever.

I genuinely wouldn't say that. From the moment you sacked Bruce and brought Howe in, you've genuinely been in top 4 form which is a good season and a half of consistency."

It took Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham to have a bad season for us to get top 4. I think we’ll get there but we’re a good 3-4 top top players away from being a consistent top 4 team.

Reply privately

By *ixiePoisonWoman
39 weeks ago

Darlington

You know what, whatever.

I genuinely wouldn't say that. From the moment you sacked Bruce and brought Howe in, you've genuinely been in top 4 form which is a good season and a half of consistency.

It took Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham to have a bad season for us to get top 4. I think we’ll get there but we’re a good 3-4 top top players away from being a consistent top 4 team. "

I agree !

Reply privately

By *eordieJeansCouple
39 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

You know what, whatever.

It took Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham to have a bad season for us to get top 4. I think we’ll get there but we’re a good 3-4 top top players away from being a consistent top 4 team.

I agree ! "

It’s going to hurt seeing some of my favourite players leave but it has to be done if we want to progress.

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
39 weeks ago

"But we've clearly had games and spells where we can see the build up that Ten Hag wants. "

What games were these? I've watched almost all your games this season & if this is what ten hag wants, you should be worried.

Is allowing teams to have 70% of the ball every week part of the masterplan? Even in the games they won, they look constantly under pressure, are giving up chances galore, are toothless & unimaginative in attack, and it gets badly exposed whenever they play anyone half decent. I genuinely don't know whether Rasmus Hojlund is shit, or he just looks bad because he spends most of the time running about pressing like a blue arsed fly & has to rely on the crap players around him for service. Luke Shaw as a left back in 2023 for god sakes

Is Casemiro past it? Has Eriksens legs gone? Is Amrabat shit, or are they just left brutally exposed when played in defensive midfield by the likes of Bruno & Mctominay & their tendancy to go walkabouts?

There's generally no cohesion all over the pitch, it doesn't look like they practice any patterns of play, it just looks like a disjointed mess.

Maybe it's easier to see these things when you're not emotionally invested in the result like you might be.

" and saying that's it only because Martinez is missing is an understatement when Shaw and Varane and Wan Bissaka have also been missing for large periods which affects our build up from the back"

If Shaw, Varane & AWB are the answer, what was the question? None of those players are good enough to be playing out from the back as it is. It's well known Varane isn't good with his feet, and Shaw & Wan-Bissaka have been back for quite a while with no improvement in results at all. You're trying to play out from the back with Martinez & those 3, and when they're not available you're stuck with Maguire Evans and Lindelof, yet you decided to spend 60m on Mason Mount. Make it make sense.

He was hired on the basis of what he did with Ajax, then he said he can't play Ajax style because of the players he has, yet bought half of their team with some of the 400m he spent. He spent 60m on Mount then basically never played him even when he was fit, He drops Varane for the Man City game because of "tactics" then he never plays Varane again for weeks due to being apparently injured, he then comes back into the team & keeps a clean sheet at Liverpool, only to mysteriously disappear again. This is why I'm not really having injuries, because he doesn't even pick the players he bought when they are fit. How long did Antony sit on the bench for whilst Rashford was stinking it up for weeks?

"Also, quite frankly, after the last ten years, I'm sick of blaming the manager when there are issues beyond him that need addressing such as the recruitment and long term strategies which have have been forced on EtH to make instead of having that structure above him to help."

Which I understand. Man Utd have had a structural problem for years, but there is no point keeping someone who is failing at their job just because it's a pain in the arse to go get someone better.

If you got the appointment wrong, correct it as soon as you know you got it wrong, don't wait for them to do even more damage.

Ten Hag has to take responsibility for the recruitment, why would the club sign players he doesn't want?

He paid €100m for Antony who he managed before so I assume he wanted him, €60 or whatever for Onana, who he managed before & bombed De Gea out for, but could have actually got him for free the season before, paid 70m for a injured 19 year old striker who had scored 9 in 32 in Serie A, (btw, Ten Hags son works for the agency that brokered some of these transfers which might have something to do with why man utd are paying stupid sums for players like Antony & Hojlund), and 60m for Mount who had a year left on his contract at Chelsea & was completely dropped from their side!

You will not qualify for the top 4 if he remains as manager for much longer because you'll be too far off the pace.

How long does it really take a manager to implement a style of play? Ange Postecoglou did it in about 6 training sessions!

"You're saying I don't understand football, when you clearly don't understand Manchester United. You're parroting the same stories said by everyone else because it's the cool thing to do."

If I wanted to do things to be cool, I could think of a million cooler things to do than talk about man utd tactics on a swinging forum

Reply privately

By *xplore_With_MeMan
39 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

Hojlund is a box striker but when you have useless wingers like Garnacho and Anthony, no wonder he doesn’t score…. Those two wingers played ONE ball to Hojlund combined, in the entire match! That’s shocking.

Shaw is actually the only one out of the current starting line up who could actually come away with some self respect. The rest are useless, with a clueless manager who has heavily relied upon Ajax and past player connections.

Recruitment at United has been awful and has been for years. Long may it continue.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

"But we've clearly had games and spells where we can see the build up that Ten Hag wants.

What games were these? I've watched almost all your games this season & if this is what ten hag wants, you should be worried.

Is allowing teams to have 70% of the ball every week part of the masterplan? Even in the games they won, they look constantly under pressure, are giving up chances galore, are toothless & unimaginative in attack, and it gets badly exposed whenever they play anyone half decent. I genuinely don't know whether Rasmus Hojlund is shit, or he just looks bad because he spends most of the time running about pressing like a blue arsed fly & has to rely on the crap players around him for service. Luke Shaw as a left back in 2023 for god sakes

Is Casemiro past it? Has Eriksens legs gone? Is Amrabat shit, or are they just left brutally exposed when played in defensive midfield by the likes of Bruno & Mctominay & their tendancy to go walkabouts?

There's generally no cohesion all over the pitch, it doesn't look like they practice any patterns of play, it just looks like a disjointed mess.

Maybe it's easier to see these things when you're not emotionally invested in the result like you might be.

and saying that's it only because Martinez is missing is an understatement when Shaw and Varane and Wan Bissaka have also been missing for large periods which affects our build up from the back

If Shaw, Varane & AWB are the answer, what was the question? None of those players are good enough to be playing out from the back as it is. It's well known Varane isn't good with his feet, and Shaw & Wan-Bissaka have been back for quite a while with no improvement in results at all. You're trying to play out from the back with Martinez & those 3, and when they're not available you're stuck with Maguire Evans and Lindelof, yet you decided to spend 60m on Mason Mount. Make it make sense.

He was hired on the basis of what he did with Ajax, then he said he can't play Ajax style because of the players he has, yet bought half of their team with some of the 400m he spent. He spent 60m on Mount then basically never played him even when he was fit, He drops Varane for the Man City game because of "tactics" then he never plays Varane again for weeks due to being apparently injured, he then comes back into the team & keeps a clean sheet at Liverpool, only to mysteriously disappear again. This is why I'm not really having injuries, because he doesn't even pick the players he bought when they are fit. How long did Antony sit on the bench for whilst Rashford was stinking it up for weeks?

Also, quite frankly, after the last ten years, I'm sick of blaming the manager when there are issues beyond him that need addressing such as the recruitment and long term strategies which have have been forced on EtH to make instead of having that structure above him to help.

Which I understand. Man Utd have had a structural problem for years, but there is no point keeping someone who is failing at their job just because it's a pain in the arse to go get someone better.

If you got the appointment wrong, correct it as soon as you know you got it wrong, don't wait for them to do even more damage.

Ten Hag has to take responsibility for the recruitment, why would the club sign players he doesn't want?

He paid €100m for Antony who he managed before so I assume he wanted him, €60 or whatever for Onana, who he managed before & bombed De Gea out for, but could have actually got him for free the season before, paid 70m for a injured 19 year old striker who had scored 9 in 32 in Serie A, (btw, Ten Hags son works for the agency that brokered some of these transfers which might have something to do with why man utd are paying stupid sums for players like Antony & Hojlund), and 60m for Mount who had a year left on his contract at Chelsea & was completely dropped from their side!

You will not qualify for the top 4 if he remains as manager for much longer because you'll be too far off the pace.

How long does it really take a manager to implement a style of play? Ange Postecoglou did it in about 6 training sessions!

You're saying I don't understand football, when you clearly don't understand Manchester United. You're parroting the same stories said by everyone else because it's the cool thing to do.

If I wanted to do things to be cool, I could think of a million cooler things to do than talk about man utd tactics on a swinging forum

"

Yeah, I'm not reading all that. I'll just assume the conclusion you've come to is Man United play bad, Erik Ten Hag's fault

Reply privately

By *illy IdolMan
39 weeks ago

Midlands

"But we've clearly had games and spells where we can see the build up that Ten Hag wants.

and saying that's it only because Martinez is missing is an understatement when Shaw and Varane and Wan Bissaka have also been missing for large periods which affects our build up from the back

Also, quite frankly, after the last ten years, I'm sick of blaming the manager when there are issues beyond him that need addressing such as the recruitment and long term strategies which have have been forced on EtH to make instead of having that structure above him to help.

Yeah, I'm not reading all that. I'll just assume the conclusion you've come to is Man United play bad, Erik Ten Hag's fault "

I'm not reading all the above either but what's your thoughts on ETH Joe? Time to go or problems deeper?

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
39 weeks ago

Derby

"Yeah, I'm not reading all that. I'll just assume the conclusion you've come to is Man United play bad, Erik Ten Hag's fault

I'm not reading all the above either but what's your thoughts on ETH Joe? Time to go or problems deeper?"

I know EtH's tactics and substitutions can leave a bit to be desired and he can be too loyal to certain players but I think he's a good coach and sacking him for another manager will just repeat the cycle of backing that manager to start with while having players he needs to crowbar in and compromising their playing style. It genuinely can't be underestimated how much having a structure above you to deal with scouting and recruitment can help so they can work with the manager and not leave it all up to him.

Let's be honest, absolutely no coach would do better than him right now because they would have the same crutch that EtH has faced in his time here and that's not even mentioning the Ronaldo/Greenwood/Antony issues he had to deal with which other managers didn't.

Reply privately

By *illy IdolMan
39 weeks ago

Midlands

"Yeah, I'm not reading all that. I'll just assume the conclusion you've come to is Man United play bad, Erik Ten Hag's fault

I'm not reading all the above either but what's your thoughts on ETH Joe? Time to go or problems deeper?

I know EtH's tactics and substitutions can leave a bit to be desired and he can be too loyal to certain players but I think he's a good coach and sacking him for another manager will just repeat the cycle of backing that manager to start with while having players he needs to crowbar in and compromising their playing style. It genuinely can't be underestimated how much having a structure above you to deal with scouting and recruitment can help so they can work with the manager and not leave it all up to him.

Let's be honest, absolutely no coach would do better than him right now because they would have the same crutch that EtH has faced in his time here and that's not even mentioning the Ronaldo/Greenwood/Antony issues he had to deal with which other managers didn't."

I was saying to someone today that their issues are a lot deeper than a manager. Think they need a reset

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

Let's be honest, absolutely no coach would do better than him right now because they would have the same crutch that EtH has faced in his time here and that's not even mentioning the Ronaldo/Greenwood/Antony issues he had to deal with which other managers didn't.

I was saying to someone today that their issues are a lot deeper than a manager. Think they need a reset "

They absolutely do and I'm genuinely fed up with people looking at bad performances and immediately blaming the manager. Van Gaal, Mourinho, Solkjaer, Ten Hag. How do they all have good first seasons and then fall off a cliff? It's not a coincidence and yet some people still can't see the pattern.

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
38 weeks ago

"Yeah, I'm not reading all that. I'll just assume the conclusion you've come to is Man United play bad, Erik Ten Hag's fault "

Yes.

Reply privately

By *illy IdolMan
38 weeks ago

Midlands

I was saying to someone today that their issues are a lot deeper than a manager. Think they need a reset

They absolutely do and I'm genuinely fed up with people looking at bad performances and immediately blaming the manager. Van Gaal, Mourinho, Solkjaer, Ten Hag. How do they all have good first seasons and then fall off a cliff? It's not a coincidence and yet some people still can't see the pattern."

Absolutely.

He will go soon though. I'm not sure his man management style works these days though. Too many egos in football for his tough style to work unless you're winning

Reply privately

By *he ass man 666Man
38 weeks ago

between your legs

In better news Leeds won 4-0

Reply privately

By *he ass man 666Man
38 weeks ago

between your legs

They absolutely do and I'm genuinely fed up with people looking at bad performances and immediately blaming the manager. Van Gaal, Mourinho, Solkjaer, Ten Hag. How do they all have good first seasons and then fall off a cliff? It's not a coincidence and yet some people still can't see the pattern.

Absolutely.

He will go soon though. I'm not sure his man management style works these days though. Too many egos in football for his tough style to work unless you're winning"

Man U seem to breed cunty players , that’s the main problem not the managers

Reply privately

By *abioMan
38 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

How good of an evaluator of talent is Eth? I mean… antony is definitely an Eth buy! Is onana that much better than de gea was! Before the season he was trying to get mctominey and maguire out the door and you could argue those have been your best two players all season

The way he has dealt with the sancho situation is a shambles, I don’t think the way he’s dealing with rashford is much better! Christian eriksen doesn’t scream “man united” player for me… to be honest neither does mason mount!

The problem is that I don’t think anyone is seeing a process as such.. either that or the players are not buying in

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

"How good of an evaluator of talent is Eth? I mean… antony is definitely an Eth buy! Is onana that much better than de gea was! Before the season he was trying to get mctominey and maguire out the door and you could argue those have been your best two players all season

The way he has dealt with the sancho situation is a shambles, I don’t think the way he’s dealing with rashford is much better! Christian eriksen doesn’t scream “man united” player for me… to be honest neither does mason mount!

The problem is that I don’t think anyone is seeing a process as such.. either that or the players are not buying in"

I don't think he's great to be honest but I do see the logic in some of his signings. He wanted to play with inverted wingers and identified Antony as target (who was a panic buy but could've got much cheaper but lol Glazers), people were saying that De Gea's way of goalkeeping was outdated, poor with his feet, glued to his line etc. and I've loved Eriksen since his Tottenham days and he was a free. The only ones that didn't make sense was Mount as I never saw him as an 8 and Casemiro as we wanted De Jong instead who are two different types of players.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

"How good of an evaluator of talent is Eth? I mean… antony is definitely an Eth buy! Is onana that much better than de gea was! Before the season he was trying to get mctominey and maguire out the door and you could argue those have been your best two players all season

The problem is that I don’t think anyone is seeing a process as such.. either that or the players are not buying in

I don't think he's great to be honest but I do see the logic in some of his signings. He wanted to play with inverted wingers and identified Antony as target (who was a panic buy but could've got much cheaper but lol Glazers), people were saying that De Gea's way of goalkeeping was outdated, poor with his feet, glued to his line etc. and I've loved Eriksen since his Tottenham days and he was a free. The only ones that didn't make sense was Mount as I never saw him as an 8 and Casemiro as we wanted De Jong instead who are two different types of players."

But then this is also where I keep banging on about the structure above him because the right scouting network and a DoF tells him that we can't get his targets, but they've identified players of a similar profile who they think would do well under his coaching. Let's not forget that Klopp wanted Gotze and Draxler and ended up with Mane and Salah.

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
38 weeks ago

"The way he has dealt with the sancho situation is a shambles, I don’t think the way he’s dealing with rashford is much better"

Don't forget Donny Van Der Beek who was one of his main guys at Ajax, and now cannot get a game. It looks like he names him in squads just to waste his time every week.

The Sancho thing just beggars belief as well. Like Ten Hag was purposely trying to humiliate him in public. If I was Sancho I wouldn't have apologised to him either. Bang out of order to question his professionalism in public like that knowing some of the more, let's be kind & call them "reactionary" fans, will just readily believe it.

Jadon Sancho is the last forward player to have scored a league goal at Old Trafford btw

Reply privately

By *illy IdolMan
38 weeks ago

Midlands

"In better news Leeds won 4-0 "

Good for Leicester

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

"The way he has dealt with the sancho situation is a shambles, I don’t think the way he’s dealing with rashford is much better

Don't forget Donny Van Der Beek who was one of his main guys at Ajax, and now cannot get a game. It looks like he names him in squads just to waste his time every week.

The Sancho thing just beggars belief as well. Like Ten Hag was purposely trying to humiliate him in public. If I was Sancho I wouldn't have apologised to him either. Bang out of order to question his professionalism in public like that knowing some of the more, let's be kind & call them "reactionary" fans, will just readily believe it.

Jadon Sancho is the last forward player to have scored a league goal at Old Trafford btw "

Conveniently forgetting Sancho had 3 months off last season that Ten Hag protected him from the media for. But sure, Ten Hag was the problem

Reply privately

By *ie n MashCouple
38 weeks ago

Back in Malice

I was at the game yesterday. It was the easiest 3 points we have earned in the Prem this season, bar Sheff Utd. None of us come away cock-a-hoop that we had beaten “United”, we had simply beaten a team that, on the evidence of yesterday, will be challenging for the Conference League spot.

I am not anti-Man U or their fans (indeed, my closest friend is a fervent Red), so my comments are not intended as a dig. Every year since Ferguson retired, they have got progressively worse as a team. We now go to games against them expecting to win the home ties and at least draw at OT.

Their fans were quieter today than I can ever remember them at our place (be it the LS or UP). Most seasons they are the loudest away support we get, not today. OT is no longer the cauldron of noise it used to be either. (For the purpose of fairness, we are nowhere near as loud as we used to be at home, and the same can be said of many clubs in the top flight). They were always loudest before the successful years under Fergie, but now….

I’m not here to have a dig, just passing on my observations. From the outside looking in, there seems to be systemic issues with this Club that will not be fixed by simply changing the manager. Even Carlo Ancelotti would struggle to succeed here.

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
38 weeks ago

"Conveniently forgetting Sancho had 3 months off last season that Ten Hag protected him from the media for. But sure, Ten Hag was the problem "

You mean that training camp in Amsterdam that the club literally forced him to go on?

Mate please just skip over my posts like you said you were going to do. Everything I'll ever need to say to you about football is posted further up. Reference that in future

Reply privately

By *he ass man 666Man
38 weeks ago

between your legs

"In better news Leeds won 4-0

Good for Leicester "

Yeah 2nd place up for grabs , won’t catch Leicester

Reply privately

By *otlips322020Woman
38 weeks ago

Liverpool

Wish my team would of took all the points today never mind we go again Boxing Day and I’m going for 4-1 too us

And hopefully be back on top ? You never know ha x

Reply privately

38 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"

It took Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham to have a bad season for us to get top 4. I think we’ll get there but we’re a good 3-4 top top players away from being a consistent top 4 team. "

It's good to see an honest and accurate assessment about a team..

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

"Conveniently forgetting Sancho had 3 months off last season that Ten Hag protected him from the media for. But sure, Ten Hag was the problem

You mean that training camp in Amsterdam that the club literally forced him to go on?

Mate please just skip over my posts like you said you were going to do. Everything I'll ever need to say to you about football is posted further up. Reference that in future "

Forced him to go!

If they did, why didn't he say anything back then and kick up a fuss like he's doing now over one comment? They cost him 3 months of his career if he was "forced" to go.

Reply privately

By *amieLDN22Man
38 weeks ago

London

Ten Hag is running out of excuses. Anyone sticking by him is doing so out faith rather than brains. This manager is completely deluded and out of touch with how bad things are.

Worst run of games before Xmas since 30s. They've lost 20 games this year and more than they've won this season which is shocking.

He came out after the league saying that they've completely controlled the game and gave West Ham absolutely nothing. What? Mate. You gave them two easy goals and haven't scored in god knows how long. This guy has got to go. His signings have been mostly shocking this season and his basic management of key players questionable to say the least.

Reply privately

By *ie n MashCouple
38 weeks ago

Back in Malice

"You gave them two easy goals"

I agree with much of what you say, but have to challenge the above comment. The one-two between Bowen and Paqueta for the first would have undone any defence (that ball from Paqueta was made to look ridiculously easy, when very few players could have pulled that off).

Although the ball was given away cheaply for the 2nd, Kudos still had two defenders between him and the goal when he received it. Again, he made the chance look far easier than it was.

Reply privately

By *amieLDN22Man
38 weeks ago

London

You are absolutely right Pie n Mash. The Hammers worked those goals very well. Fair play to them.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
38 weeks ago

North Bucks

"You gave them two easy goals

I agree with much of what you say, but have to challenge the above comment. The one-two between Bowen and Paqueta for the first would have undone any defence (that ball from Paqueta was made to look ridiculously easy, when very few players could have pulled that off).

Although the ball was given away cheaply for the 2nd, Kudos still had two defenders between him and the goal when he received it. Again, he made the chance look far easier than it was.

"

Carved them up like a festive Turkey.

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
38 weeks ago

Erik Ten Hag 2023/24

Played - 26

Won - 11

Drawn - 2

Lost - 13

Goals for - 33

Goals against - 41

---------------------

Gary Neville's Valencia managerial record..

Played - 28

Won - 10

Drawn - 7

Lost - 11

Goals for - 39

Goals against - 38

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

"Erik Ten Hag 2023/24

Played - 26

Won - 11

Drawn - 2

Lost - 13

Goals for - 33

Goals against - 41

---------------------

Gary Neville's Valencia managerial record..

Played - 28

Won - 10

Drawn - 7

Lost - 11

Goals for - 39

Goals against - 38

"

Now do Pochettino

Reply privately

By *ie n MashCouple
38 weeks ago

Back in Malice

Tottenham Hotspur FC trophies won since 2008

Err, hang on a minute, still looking……

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
38 weeks ago

"Tottenham Hotspur FC trophies won since 2008

Err, hang on a minute, still looking……"

West Ham relegations since 2008... it's more than zero

Reply privately

By *ie n MashCouple
38 weeks ago

Back in Malice

"Tottenham Hotspur FC trophies won since 2008

Err, hang on a minute, still looking……

West Ham relegations since 2008... it's more than zero "

I’ve seen us get relegated 5 times (was in the ground for the last 4) and am sure I will witness it again. Occupational hazard following my lot.

Still seen us win more trophies since 2008 than Spurs. Tbf, my local non league team have won more trophies in that period than Spurs.

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
38 weeks ago

One of the great Christmas traditions of England, no, not getting d*unk & arguing with your dad in front of everyone in the family, but the BOXING DAY football fixtures are upon us with 5 matches being played today.

At 12:30, injury-ravaged Newcastle take on struggling Nottingham Forest at St James Park. The Magpies, who only have 1 win in their last 6 games in all competitions, at the time of writing are sweating, like a man with his last £10 being approached by Sandro Tonali outside of William Hill, on the fitness of both Joelinton & Jamaal Lascelles, with Sven Botman waiting in the wings should Lascelles be ruled out. Fabian Schar made his return to the side in the 1-0 defeat to Luton Town & is expected to start today. Lewis Miley is also expected to retain his place in the starting line-up despite being withdrawn from the action on Saturday.

Following the departure of Steve Cooper, Forest, now managed by the only man who plays worse football than Erik Ten Hag, Nuno Espirito Santo, will be without Willy Boly following his controversial red card in the 3-2 defeat to Bournemouth. Espirito Santo, who previous spell in the Premier League in charge of Tottenham was shorter than a message from a blank profile on fabswingers, said of the red card "forest deserved more respect".

The evening game sees high-flying Aston Villa take on the low-block of Manchester United at the Theatre Of Memes.

Aston Villa, who are currently unbeaten in their last 10 with their last defeat coming in a 2-0 loss at Nottingham Forest, are without Matt Cash & Boubacar Kamara through suspension, but are hoping to have Pau Torres back after an ankle injury.

Meanwhile, it's not shaping up to be a 'good ebening' for Manchester United, who will suffer 3 consecutive home defeats for the first time since 1962 with a loss tonight. The records are being broken on a weekly basis at Old Trafford right now.

Anthony Martial could be recalled by Erik Ten Hag to the starting lineup, with £72m man Rasmus Hojlund firing more blanks than a single male on Kik with a vasectomy. Rafael Varanes' mysterious on-off illness appears to be off again as he looks set to replace youngster Willy Kambwala from the side that got pumped on Saturday.

Predictions :

Newcastle 2-0 Nottingham Forest

Sheffield United 2-1 Luton Town

Bournemouth 1-1 Fulham

Burnley 1-4 Liverpool

Man Utd 0-2 Aston Villa

Reply privately

By *handlerMonicaCouple
38 weeks ago

Leicester

Interesting thoughts, but I must correct you on one thing. There are many more than 5 games being played today, football is not just about the Prem. Massive game at the top of the Championship for example, with 1st going up against 2nd just for starters.

Reply privately

By *os19Man
38 weeks ago

Edmonton

My lot the Cockney Reds are at home to Aston Villa in tonight’s 8.00 pm kick ok.We are 11 points behind Aston Villa so we desperately need a win if we are to have any chance of overhauling them in the race to finish in the top 4.Again no logic just a gut feeling that we are at home under the floodlights it’s time for those underperforming players to step up.

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
38 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 26/12/23 13:40:46]

Reply privately

By *handlerMonicaCouple
38 weeks ago

Leicester

"Interesting thoughts, but I must correct you on one thing. There are many more than 5 games being played today, football is not just about the Prem. Massive game at the top of the Championship for example, with 1st going up against 2nd just for starters.

It took me about 45 minutes to research & write all that, there's no way I'm doing the Championship as well

But fair enough, Leicester vs Leeds should get a mention. Haven't watched enough championship to make a prediction but I'm cheering for Leicester due to Harry Winks "

I'll let you off

Winks has been awesome all season, just oozes class. 3 points for the foxes would round off a perfect Xmas

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
38 weeks ago

"Interesting thoughts, but I must correct you on one thing. There are many more than 5 games being played today, football is not just about the Prem. Massive game at the top of the Championship for example, with 1st going up against 2nd just for starters.

It took me about 45 minutes to research & write all that, there's no way I'm doing the Championship as well

But fair enough, Leicester vs Leeds should get a mention. Haven't watched enough championship to make a prediction but I'm cheering for Leicester due to Harry Winks

I'll let you off

Winks has been awesome all season, just oozes class. 3 points for the foxes would round off a perfect Xmas "

You'll need to let me off twice because it's actually Leicester vs Ipswich, not Leeds .

Told you don't watch the championship

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

It's a bit annoying how we only show any real intent as soon as we go behind. Two really poor goals to concede and our attack just looks so out of sync you'd think they were only playing together for the first time. They all look dejected and out of ideas and I genuinely don't know how they can be picked up.

I wouldn't say we've played particularly badly either, it's just such sloppy goals to concede that's affects their mentality in a negative way so easily.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
38 weeks ago

North Bucks

"It's a bit annoying how we only show any real intent as soon as we go behind. Two really poor goals to concede and our attack just looks so out of sync you'd think they were only playing together for the first time. They all look dejected and out of ideas and I genuinely don't know how they can be picked up.

I wouldn't say we've played particularly badly either, it's just such sloppy goals to concede that's affects their mentality in a negative way so easily."

Mate that keeper is tragic the odd good save he pulls off is too far between.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

"It's a bit annoying how we only show any real intent as soon as we go behind. Two really poor goals to concede and our attack just looks so out of sync you'd think they were only playing together for the first time. They all look dejected and out of ideas and I genuinely don't know how they can be picked up.

I wouldn't say we've played particularly badly either, it's just such sloppy goals to concede that's affects their mentality in a negative way so easily.

Mate that keeper is tragic the odd good save he pulls off is too far between. "

I maintain that De Gea should've been moved on and I really thought Onana fit the profile of keeper we were looking for but my arse literally twitches any time a shot is had on our goal

Reply privately

38 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Well..

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

Ok win, lose or draw here I'm so fucking happy for Hojlund right now

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
38 weeks ago

North Bucks

"Ok win, lose or draw here I'm so fucking happy for Hojlund right now"

See what happens when Anthony isn’t on the pitch

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
38 weeks ago

North Bucks

"Ok win, lose or draw here I'm so fucking happy for Hojlund right now

See what happens when Anthony isn’t on the pitch "

Just seen he is on. Oops.

Reply privately

38 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Villa bottled it..

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
38 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

Ffs Villa cheers

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

"Ok win, lose or draw here I'm so fucking happy for Hojlund right now

See what happens when Anthony isn’t on the pitch

Just seen he is on. Oops. "

And he won the corner!

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
38 weeks ago

North Bucks

"Villa bottled it.."

Best result for the Gunners though

Reply privately

38 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Villa bottled it..

Best result for the Gunners though "

Yes..

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

Absolutely brilliant win and we honestly deserved it. I wish it didn't have to take until going 2-0 down but we played with brilliant intensity compsure in the final third that hasn't been there before. I'm tired of saying I hope it kick starts out season because it probably won't and I'm tired of hoping but it was a great win and great performance as well and I'm just going to enjoy it for now

Reply privately

By *os19Man
38 weeks ago

Edmonton

Well the Cockney Reds pulled it off just like the old days.Now up to 6th 5 points behind Tottenham who are 4th and 8 points behind Aston Villa.I still believe when we get some of the casualties back and Garnacho , Hojlund , Rashford can start scoring regularly we can pass both of those and get into the top 4.

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
38 weeks ago

Unai Emery showing why he got sacked by Arsenal. Horrible game management at 2-0 up.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

Can Spurs blame injuries for this suicidal high line they're playing at 2-0 down?

Reply privately

By *abioMan
38 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Can Spurs blame injuries for this suicidal high line they're playing at 2-0 down? "

No… that’s “ange ball” tm……

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

"Can Spurs blame injuries for this suicidal high line they're playing at 2-0 down?

No… that’s “ange ball” tm…… "

Is it ange ball to make Welbeck look like prime Messi as well?

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

Seeing Arsenal losing 2-0 only to realise it means Liverpool are top is like that Steve Harvey meme

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
38 weeks ago

North Bucks

I’m tired Robbie

Reply privately

38 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Choke..

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

"Choke.."

At least they're getting it over with earlier than last season.

Reply privately

38 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Choke..

At least they're getting it over with earlier than last season."

Maybe it's a compliment..

The arse going all Spursy..

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
38 weeks ago

North Bucks

"Choke..

At least they're getting it over with earlier than last season."

I know man imagine losing to West Ham at home…..

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

"Choke..

I know man imagine losing to West Ham at home….."

Especially if you think you're a title contender

Reply privately

By *glyBettyTV/TS
38 weeks ago

"Can Spurs blame injuries for this suicidal high line they're playing at 2-0 down?

No… that’s “ange ball” tm…… "

I'll take Angeball over certain other managers "style" or lack thereof. Admittedly Spurs were awful in the first half, but even today at 4-0 with 15 mins to go, you can never completely write Spurs off, even with the spine of the team missing through injury & playing with 2 full backs at center half. That's because Spurs have an identifiable style of play that keeps them competitive in any match.

Some people are happy letting the other team have the ball, losing more games than they win & scoring the same amount of goals as Luton Town

Reply privately

38 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Choke..

I know man imagine losing to West Ham at home….."

If only Man U had kept Mouse..

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
38 weeks ago

North Bucks

"Choke..

Especially if you think you're a title contender "

Now that’s one thing I don’t think we are. But we are getting there year on year.

Reply privately

38 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Choke..

Now that’s one thing I don’t think we are. But we are getting there year on year. "

In the right direction..

Arteta is still learning..

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
38 weeks ago

North Bucks

"Choke..

Now that’s one thing I don’t think we are. But we are getting there year on year.

In the right direction..

"

Think if we get that increasingly rare number 9 in we will be challenging.

Reply privately

38 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Choke..

In the right direction..

Think if we get that increasingly rare number 9 in we will be challenging. "

Maybe ..

The margins are so close between a couple of teams now, one injury to a key player can kybosh a chance of top spot..

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

No… that’s “ange ball” tm……

I'll take Angeball over certain other managers "style" or lack thereof. Admittedly Spurs were awful in the first half, but even today at 4-0 with 15 mins to go, you can never completely write Spurs off, even with the spine of the team missing through injury & playing with 2 full backs at center half. That's because Spurs have an identifiable style of play that keeps them competitive in any match.

Some people are happy letting the other team have the ball, losing more games than they win & scoring the same amount of goals as Luton Town "

I wish we could adopt the "concede 4 against Brighton" style of play

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
38 weeks ago

Derby

"Choke..

In the right direction..

Think if we get that increasingly rare number 9 in we will be challenging. "

That, I do agree with. Unfortunate with the Timber injury and Rice has seemed like such an upgrade in midfield. Would you take a punt on Toney in January?

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
38 weeks ago

North Bucks

"Choke..

In the right direction..

Think if we get that increasingly rare number 9 in we will be challenging.

That, I do agree with. Unfortunate with the Timber injury and Rice has seemed like such an upgrade in midfield. Would you take a punt on Toney in January?"

If it gets the season back on track. But a lot of variables with that fella. It’s certainly a gamble with him being away from the game for so long.

Would rather get Osimhen though but that would be one big deal.

Just seen it’s full time. Fair play to West Ham they did the business.

Reply privately

By *hagTonight OP   Man
38 weeks ago

I have done a new thread that we can continue on

Reply privately