Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Scum of the earth

Jump to newest

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple
41 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Plenty of vile scumbags out there.

But speaking from a career point of view scum who break into trade's van's and steal their tools is right up there.

Van tool insurance is very difficult to get particularly if you don't own your van.

It's not just the fact they are taking away someone's ability to earn a living it's the ballache that goes with it.

Most tool kits take years to build up and some tools can be difficult to source not to mention the costs involved.

Takes me about 20 mins every night to empty my van then again in the morning.

I genuinely don't know what I would do if I caught someone stealing my tools they are almost an extension of myself.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan
41 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

Probably use a few of the tools on the tool trying to break in.

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
41 weeks ago

Somewhere else

Yeah, that’s low.

By *eavilMan
41 weeks ago

Stalybridge

Even if the scum get caught they usually get away with no real punishment. Too many apologists for the scum rather than supporting the victims.

By (user no longer on site)
41 weeks ago

Yes nothing worse than stealing someone's equipment that earns their living .

By *ddie1966Man
41 weeks ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

I know exactly what you mean.

Personally I bought a van safe, but it's the time it takes to get the van repaired afterwards that annoys me now..

By *avexxMan
41 weeks ago

cheshire

total twats,,

By *agnar73Man
41 weeks ago

Glasgow

My ‘tools of trade’ small enough to get in a bag, I was fortunate in that regard.

I think it’s one of the worst forms of theft out there.

41 weeks ago

Has something happened? Or is this just a hypothetical dressing down of scumbags?

By *a1970Man
41 weeks ago

East cork

I also think if you steel a working man's, person's tool you should not be entitled to free legal aid.

By *ndycoinsMan
41 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

Scumbags.The amount of tools recovered by the cops that go through auction( insurance payout,no return to owner) is amazing sometimes.

By *ess n BenCouple
41 weeks ago

Didcot

If you work on sites these scum come around selling tools that they have thieved off of some poor guy, it amazes me how many people buy them knowing they are thieved

And as someone else said they don’t get anything even if the police catch them

Good luck to you op, I feel for you

By *a1970Man
41 weeks ago

East cork

This tread has really got me up in arms.... I myself do not know what I'd do.... The reaction would certainly be very violent.....

By *arl17Man
41 weeks ago

Central Portugal

Happens all the time and really fucks with a tradesman's living... If you can't understand that ...

By *hesubtlegentMan
41 weeks ago

surrey

I saw a video posted on social media of a guy in a mask brazenly going from van to van popping the side door open and stealing anything he could lift and throwing it in a car his mate was driving. Absolutely disgusting. These scum should have their hands chopped off…

By *a1970Man
41 weeks ago

East cork

I'd actually like to break both their legs and one arm.... And not call an ambulance.... Phew I'm angry with the hard working man getting rob..... Sorry for my rant.

41 weeks ago

Been there mate. I got a quote in a high-rise flat, close to the top floor. I went and knocked on realised that there was nobody in there probably an empty flat. And returned to my van it had been emptied. Lesson learned.

Fckers.

By *a1970Man
41 weeks ago

East cork

My question is should a working man be allowed to I flick serious harm on such scum..... I firmly think so.... And I'm not listening to anyone who thinks let it to the law.

By *imi_RougeWoman
41 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Is there a way of branding/marking your stuff? I'm case it does get nicked/sold on. Like they do with bikes etc.

By *ornucopiaMan
41 weeks ago

Bexley

Try to see it from their perspective.

They might have had a difficult childhood and need to relate to someone else's tools.

By *amierebelMan
41 weeks ago

nae danger.

Assholes. There was someone doing this in West Lothian last year literally breaking into any van they could at night, my mates got done and he don't even leave anything in the van so a bust door for nothing

By *as2cheatMan
41 weeks ago

harrow

Part of the problem is also the dirtbag cheap skates who buy them , it creates a market for them , the other issue is the police they do nothing you can see 30 different brands of tools being sold by one guy at hownslow boot sale , trades men don’t sell tools we use them until they break.

By *a1970Man
41 weeks ago

East cork

I don't think so.... I go to car boot sales and you see it all the time..... Start taken close up photos of the tools for fun and you'll see the reaction....

By *as2cheatMan
41 weeks ago

harrow

"Is there a way of branding/marking your stuff? I'm case it does get nicked/sold on. Like they do with bikes etc. "

Go to the boot sales they still have everyone’s names on them and people will still buy them !

41 weeks ago

"Is there a way of branding/marking your stuff? I'm case it does get nicked/sold on. Like they do with bikes etc. "

Makes no difference. At my work we had about twenty grand of chainsaws, strimmers and hedge cutters nicked. Nobody's seen/heard a thing and it's all vanished like a fart in the breeze despite it all being engraved with identifying numbers.

By *a1970Man
41 weeks ago

East cork

I'm a step away from the death plenty with this kind of scum. The working man is the back bone to our countries....

41 weeks ago

From mine point of view, stealing anything from a person is scum. People work for what they have very hard and get attached to things they buy. So go and nick from the bank and places like that…..

By *ohn8210tCouple
41 weeks ago

Warwick

[Removed by poster at 16/12/23 19:58:11]

By *a1970Man
41 weeks ago

East cork

I just think its low

41 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"Has something happened? Or is this just a hypothetical dressing down of scumbags? "

Happens all the time I had about £1500 worth of gear knicked from a job once.

This week where I live there's been a series of van break in's.

The public in general really don't care as we are "just builders" who cares about a bunch of builders right?

Obviously no one other wise it would get far more press and publicity than it does.

By *arl17Man
41 weeks ago

Central Portugal

"Has something happened? Or is this just a hypothetical dressing down of scumbags?

The public in general really don't care as we are "just builders" who cares about a bunch of builders right?

Obviously no one other wise it would get far more press and publicity than it does.

"

41 weeks ago

"Has something happened? Or is this just a hypothetical dressing down of scumbags?

"

Oh I know, our yard got broken into, took a load of saws strimmers and hedge cutters so it happens for sure.

I was just wondering if something had happened to op or if we were just having a general dressing down of the types who do this stuff?

I've worked it out as the thread has unfolded though

By *el65Man
41 weeks ago

paisley

This is shit it happened to me in Birmingham recently my van and two other guys got vans broke into at hotel

Tools nicked and back of van wrecked police not interested

You only got to hope the cunts that do this have a serious accident in their life or worse

Guys like us travelling all over to make a living and a manky cunt decides rather than work for a living he will steals some one else’s life !!

Scum is too nice a word for them

By *icentiousCouple
41 weeks ago

Up on them there hills

Saw a sign on the back of a van once saying: ‘ Don’t nick the tools, they pay for your benefits.’

41 weeks ago

Desperate times and measures still no reason to rob a person of their livelihood.

41 weeks ago

"This is shit it happened to me in Birmingham recently my van and two other guys got vans broke into at hotel

Tools nicked and back of van wrecked police not interested

You only got to hope the cunts that do this have a serious accident in their life or worse

Guys like us travelling all over to make a living and a manky cunt decides rather than work for a living he will steals some one else’s life !!

Scum is too nice a word for them "

Typical response from police. I tried reporting a crime they said sod off we dont care about your safety. Just like the safety of leaving your van so criminals get away yet again. System is fucked

By *ries AngelWoman
41 weeks ago

poole

Yep my ex partner had all his tools nicked from his building site literally 20 minutes after they lookshut up shop. Luckily for him the company insured him despite him being self employed but I don’t think that happens often x

By *ndycoinsMan
41 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

If the cops aren't interested,complain to the Police Station(don't be fobbed off),complain to the IPCC.State that you wil be talking to the media about Police disinterest.Complain to your constituency MP,stating you wil be talking to the media.There is nothing the public sector hate more than media exposure.I complained to my MP by e mail one evening,there was a cop at my house by mid morning taking details of the crime.MP contacted the station,Inspector shit himself,PC dispatched.Villains apprehended at a later date for similar crimes,because the cops were forced to be aware of their activities.Dont give up,go down swinging.

By *iberatedduoCouple
41 weeks ago

Ashbourne

In our area we had a spate of van theft’s throughout summer. The thieves were so bold they attempted to break into a van early one Saturday evening in broad daylight while the family were inside the house watching tv.

They got as far as cutting the side of the van open but left as the owner went to investigate what was going on.

Apparently they sometimes go with knives on them so it makes you think twice about approaching them direct for fear of getting badly injured or worse.

By *ndycoinsMan
41 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

"In our area we had a spate of van theft’s throughout summer. The thieves were so bold they attempted to break into a van early one Saturday evening in broad daylight while the family were inside the house watching tv.

They got as far as cutting the side of the van open but left as the owner went to investigate what was going on.

Apparently they sometimes go with knives on them so it makes you think twice about approaching them direct for fear of getting badly injured or worse.

"

The have knives to frighten/intimidate,they don't know how to use them.Stand up to these lowlifes they run.They just want a quick easy robbery.someone causing grief draws attention (witnesses/help) so they leg it.

By *iberatedduoCouple
41 weeks ago

Ashbourne

One thing we find most shocking from what we’ve seen is they are not even bothered about getting caught if they can break into property during the day when homeowners are up and about.

Nowadays I’ve started to lock the front door, I never bothered during the day until recently.

I haven’t been a victim myself but know people who have so it makes you think. We live in a rural town so overall crime is low but gangs come in from the bigger cities and rob several places in the area.

It’s not opportunists or anything like that.

By *ndycoinsMan
41 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

"One thing we find most shocking from what we’ve seen is they are not even bothered about getting caught if they can break into property during the day when homeowners are up and about.

Nowadays I’ve started to lock the front door, I never bothered during the day until recently.

I haven’t been a victim myself but know people who have so it makes you think. We live in a rural town so overall crime is low but gangs come in from the bigger cities and rob several places in the area.

It’s not opportunists or anything like that. "

Lowlifes out of Derby

40 weeks ago

Van nicked from prumair inn birmingham ,they no help, checked all the 2nd hand shops within 20 miles ,all the tools on display, 2 phone calls later and a physical presence ,got tools back ,no van ,police n insurance not interested ,crime no is all you get.

By *usie pTV/TS
40 weeks ago

taunton

You lot are wicked we should send the poor deprived devils on a holiday in the sun at the tax payers expense.

By *oinerbillMan
40 weeks ago

warrington

Scum of the earth. When I was on the tools i used to empty my van every night, was a real pain but its the hassle of loosing a few days work as well as you have go out and replace everything.

By *avannah7Man
40 weeks ago

Stockport

Trades who do a runner with peoples hard earned money. Now that’s definitely a scum bag lowlife

40 weeks ago

"Trades who do a runner with peoples hard earned money. Now that’s definitely a scum bag lowlife"

Are you saying all traders are bad? Bit harsh, customers should do their homework, choose wisely, the cost of tools and materials is very high, even with insurance the inconvenience is troublesome. As the other poster said the people who buy these tools just as guilty.

40 weeks ago

I was a commercial vehicle mechanic and it was extremely hard to get out tools insured even in a locked workshop it wasn't unheard of someone taking all the tool boxes , mine were worth around ten grand to replace.

By *r_PinkMan
40 weeks ago

london stratford

My Step mother is pure scum of the earth.

She is a Malignant, covert, passive aggressive, lying, thieving, two faced, disrespectful, hypocritical narcissist.

But enough of her good points.

She is worse then scum of the earth

40 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"Trades who do a runner with peoples hard earned money. Now that’s definitely a scum bag lowlife

Are you saying all traders are bad? Bit harsh, customers should do their homework, choose wisely, the cost of tools and materials is very high, even with insurance the inconvenience is troublesome. As the other poster said the people who buy these tools just as guilty."

When I first started in the trade there was a code of conduct and no-one would buy hooky tool's the guy's selling them would usually end up worse for wear and guy's who buy them would end up looking for a job elsewhere.

Nowadays no honour amongst thieves and the arseholes who buy their goods.

By *aitonelMan
40 weeks ago

Liverpool

Remember, scum are people too!

That's not in support, just that all people are capable of it.

Post new Message to Thread