Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

giving blood

Jump to newest

By *now-bbw-bunny OP   Couple
over a year ago

southend-on-sea

Hubbie and I went to give blood for the first time. we left after giving the question form about sexual partners etc . Can you be swingers and give blood ????

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

what was it asking? obviously they have to know about the risks of HIV and other diseases that can be transmitted through blood transfusion

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I don't think you can give blood for a yesr if you have had sex with a bi male.. Don't quote me though..

over a year ago

southend-on-sea

loads of questions. have u ever been with a guy who has had oral or anal sex with or without condoms . have u had un procted sex . have u ever been paid or been with someone who had paid for sex. plus loaadds more .

over a year ago

evesham

just checked and it doesnt mention casual partners unless its with bi men or commercial sex workers or drug users etc

over a year ago

southend-on-sea

Hubbie is bi

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

You can but you do need to be honest. Your level of risk taking will determine whether they clinic will accept blood from you.

over a year ago

evesham

"Hubbie is bi "

ah then unfortunately, unless he laves it 12 months then he (and you) cant give blood.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Some of the questions are 'health' related but some just allow the compilation of statistics.

I think there's also a time bar after having had a tattoo.

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

"Some of the questions are 'health' related but some just allow the compilation of statistics.

"

and piercing I think

over a year ago

evesham

"Some of the questions are 'health' related but some just allow the compilation of statistics.

and piercing I think "

anything where the skin has beenn pierced

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"

yeah i think its a year, somet like that xx

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

and piercing I think "

Yep! That makes sense.

By *ofus71Couple
over a year ago

London

I had a bloood transfusion so I cant give blood either. Youd think it would be safe as it was screened but still not good enough apparently lol

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

They do screen the blood after taking it so there has recently been a movement to allow blood to be given by bi men and people who've had sex with them. It seems a shame to not take perfectly acceptable blood just because of (IMO) an outdated attitude towards bisexuals.

I give blood by the way. Never been rung up to be told its unsuitable.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I can't give blood any more, do they still ask if you have recently had unprotected sex in Africa? I always thought that was an od question because they didn't ask who with which was more relevant in my opinion.

over a year ago

If you've ever had sex with a man thats had sex with a man its a lifetime bar not a year. Stupid really..

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I can't give blood any more, do they still ask if you have recently had unprotected sex in Africa? I always thought that was an od question because they didn't ask who with which was more relevant in my opinion."

I hope they are not still asking that.

I can't give but I have been known to take.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

There's a questionaire on the GIve Blood website.

Lots of questions.

over a year ago

evesham

"If you've ever had sex with a man thats had sex with a man its a lifetime bar not a year. Stupid really.."

its a year

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Q13. Are you a man who has had oral or anal sex with a man in the past 12 months, with or without a condom?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Q13. Are you a man who has had oral or anal sex with a man in the past 12 months, with or without a condom?"

Blimey!

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Q13. Are you a man who has had oral or anal sex with a man in the past 12 months, with or without a condom?

Blimey!"

They're scared of getting sued.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Q13. Are you a man who has had oral or anal sex with a man in the past 12 months, with or without a condom?

Blimey!

They're scared of getting sued."

They must be!

Its no wonder that blood stocks are running low because I bet loads of people couldn't answer no to lots of these questions.

over a year ago

I've had a blood transfusion, I've had safe sex with men and I drive a lorry....so I can't give blood EVER!!!

over a year ago

evesham

Blimey!

They're scared of getting sued.

They must be!

Its no wonder that blood stocks are running low because I bet loads of people couldn't answer no to lots of these questions. "

unfortunately its not just the NHS who decide who can give blood, they are bound by European laws to

over a year ago

lets face it many guys will of sucked a cock or two and never told a soul so many women may of slept with a guy that has sucked cock in his lifetime and they wouldn't even know it,

mine was an awkward moment when i went with my son to give blood and whilst he was giving blood i filled in my questionnaire and realised i was unsuitable to give blood and then had to think of a good enough excuse to give him when he asked couldn't exactly say well ya momma has a thing for cocksuckers

over a year ago

"If you've ever had sex with a man thats had sex with a man its a lifetime bar not a year. Stupid really.."

They have relaxed the rules on this a little in the last few months.

Thing is with some of the questions you can only answer to the best of your knowledge - just like someone who has casual sex on a Saturday night! To my knowledge I've not had sex with anyone that has paid for sex so that's the answer I give them when I donate. Just be as honest as you can be and let them decide

over a year ago

"I had a bloood transfusion so I cant give blood either. Youd think it would be safe as it was screened but still not good enough apparently lol"

Yeah I'm love to give back what I was given but I can't lol

By *amarTemptressWoman
over a year ago

Plymouth

They've relaxed the rules for gay and bi men to make it a twelve month ban, but forgot to change the rules for women who have had sex with them. So if hubby sucked a cock as a curious teen, he's OK, but his wife has a lifetime ban. What a joke!

over a year ago

"They've relaxed the rules for gay and bi men to make it a twelve month ban, but forgot to change the rules for women who have had sex with them. So if hubby sucked a cock as a curious teen, he's OK, but his wife has a lifetime ban. What a joke!"

Sounds about right! Hadn't realised that last time I went

over a year ago

southend-on-sea

Makes you wonder what they throught when we was told to read these questions and all we did was get up and leave, maybe we should have said to a lot of then and then seen what they cum back with.

over a year ago

I went to give blood one day (had already checked the list of 'banned' things, medical conditions, etc, all fine) filled the form out, went for my chat with the nurse "You've got epilepsy, you can't give blood"

It wasn't on the flaming list! I wasted their time and mine all because I thought I was fine. I explained to her I only have mild absent moments, not full fits, but I'm still not allowed in case it brings on a fit. I've never had a fit in my life but surely the best place to be would be there...in a room full of nurses!

It makes me so angry when I see the posters or get a leaflet through the door. I'm actually tempted to go back and lie on the form because even if I did have a fit, it's a small price to pay for helping save a life.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

and piercing I think

anything where the skin has beenn pierced"

Including acupuncture unless you can provide them with a certificate from an NHS therapist if I remember correctly

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

and piercing I think

anything where the skin has beenn pierced

Including acupuncture unless you can provide them with a certificate from an NHS therapist if I remember correctly"

also dental extractions

Post new Message to Thread