Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sending cards

Jump to newest

By *stwo2023 OP   Couple
41 weeks ago

Worcester

Seems to be in the decline this year. I have to admit I have only got a few special cards for family this year, even though half of them don't bother lol

Also painted a few simple water colour ones for special people on my life.

Are you sending any this year? Are you giving to charity instead?

Evie

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
41 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

I do try to still yes ...

Got them all this morning and sending them out on Monday..

I think I've around 8 to send out so not too many

By *herry delightWoman
41 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

I stopped sending cards years ago. As a family we decided not to send any to each other anymore.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
41 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

I gave to macmillian instead of cards and sent xmas jokes to my mates by text

By (user no longer on site)
41 weeks ago

Cut right back, but I don’t do the whole “I’m not sending cards I’m donating to charity” thing as I donate to charity regularly anyway, and tend not to do a special “Christmas” one off.

I reckon anyone that uses the “I’m donating” line should post the receipt online to prove they have .. not that I’m a cynic or owt

41 weeks ago

Given the cost of stamps isn’t far off matching the leccy bill I’ll be texting this year

By *aitonelMan
41 weeks ago

Liverpool

I've not done it for years! Cards are pointless, even more so if you are going to see the people during/leading up to Christmas.

Makes a little more sense if you won't, but these days communication as a whole is just easier than it was. Send a mass text or something. And if you see/speak to them that infrequently, then is there really any thought behind it at all or is it just a formality?

By *obilebottomMan
41 weeks ago

All over

I don't send many these days but do some and also recieve some. Elderly people who like to get and still give cards. Few neighbours also do them so I give them a card too. Not everybody likes just a text or even an ecard and certainly some elderly people don't have electronic devices. Not a big deal if it makes someone happy.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
41 weeks ago

"Cut right back, but I don’t do the whole “I’m not sending cards I’m donating to charity” thing as I donate to charity regularly anyway, and tend not to do a special “Christmas” one off.

I reckon anyone that uses the “I’m donating” line should post the receipt online to prove they have .. not that I’m a cynic or owt "

Yes, donating to charity sounds better than can't honestly be bothered

41 weeks ago

None.

My little one made cards for her classmates and teachers, and that’s all.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
41 weeks ago

little house on the praire

Mum, son, grandson and granddaughter thats it. Not even sent one to my sister but I did buy a dog a pupacino, fireside, toy and christmas dinner in leu and I did adopt a family but that was different

By *xfordjohnMan
41 weeks ago

Oxford

I still send cards to people who sent cards to me the previous year, so quite a few but a lot can be hand-delivered so not as costly as it might be.

41 weeks ago

"Seems to be in the decline this year. I have to admit I have only got a few special cards for family this year, even though half of them don't bother lol

Also painted a few simple water colour ones for special people on my life.

Are you sending any this year? Are you giving to charity instead?

Evie "

I do send quite a lot of cards, i mostly buy charity cards anyway.

Post new Message to Thread