Warwick and Coventry

The Full English/Scottish/Irish breakfast

Mr

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
41 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

Our sense of humour is the funniest , and often darkest ..

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Nothing.

I'm not.

Reply privately

By *eavenNhellCouple
41 weeks ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Nothing at the moment

Reply privately

By *eavilMan
41 weeks ago

Stalybridge

Our sense of humour.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
41 weeks ago

little house on the praire

Red Arrows

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
41 weeks ago

Liverpool

I can't be arsed to dig out the George Carling quote again. But no, why would I be proud of something that is something that happened by chance, that I played no part in happening.

Reply privately

By *ouple4voyeurCouple
41 weeks ago

Birmingham

Nothing at all. Can't even say sense of humour as the snowflakes get upset to easy

Reply privately

By *ensuallover1000Man
41 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Fish and chips

Reply privately

By *red333Man
41 weeks ago

Dorchester

Our country has some of the most scenic and historic places its country lanes, its pubs its culture, some of its people, I'm British and proud to be, i could never live anywhere else although i love to travel

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
41 weeks ago

Newcastle

Nothing embarrassing if anything

Reply privately

By *lik and PaulCouple
41 weeks ago

Flagrante

The British sense of humour and the ability to not take life too seriously.

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
41 weeks ago

Newcastle

"The British sense of humour and the ability to not take life too seriously. "

You mean that the British people have a life people need to take life seriously treading on eggshells especially when you have no freedom of expression

Reply privately

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
41 weeks ago

Somewhere else

I’m proud to be an American because USA USA USA * stumbles around in a circle, and then falls down holding head*

Reply privately

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
41 weeks ago

Somewhere else

"I can't be arsed to dig out the George Carling quote again. But no, why would I be proud of something that is something that happened by chance, that I played no part in happening."

I looooooove George Carlin.

Reply privately

By *ittlebirdWoman
41 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

It has to be the queues… and the train strikes

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
41 weeks ago

Derby

"I’m proud to be an American because USA USA USA * stumbles around in a circle, and then falls down holding head*"

'MURICA, YEAH!

Reply privately

By *aomilatteCouple
41 weeks ago

Midlands

That we introduced Spain to Sunday Roasts and Bingo

Reply privately

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
41 weeks ago

Somewhere else

"It has to be the queues… and the train strikes "

the whole reason I moved here!

Reply privately

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
41 weeks ago

Somewhere else

"I’m proud to be an American because USA USA USA * stumbles around in a circle, and then falls down holding head*

'MURICA, YEAH!"

*whispers* you mean…

FUCK YEAH!

Reply privately

By *xfordjohnMan
41 weeks ago

Oxford

Not much, and even less as time goes by.

Reply privately

By *eronicaExplorerWoman
41 weeks ago

London

If I were British I would say Charles Chaplin, Shackleton, Darwin, Wild Garlic and the NHS

Reply privately

By *allguynowMan
41 weeks ago

durham

I'm proud of our very honest politicians. Our very efficient NHS. Our affordable , readily available housing. I'm proud of the way we welcome migrants with open arms. I'm proud of the way our economy is booming after brexit. I'm proud of the way inflation is plummeting in this country. I'm proud of nothing much lol.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m proud to be an American because USA USA USA * stumbles around in a circle, and then falls down holding head*

'MURICA, YEAH!

*whispers* you mean…

FUCK YEAH!"

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
41 weeks ago

Nothing. The only redeeming quality about this country is that it isn't Russia or North Korea...so I guess it could be worse.

To me living in Britain is like having 2 broken legs, yeah it sucks but it could be worse you could be dead.

Reply privately

By *ustagentMan
41 weeks ago

wa14

Well if so many dont like GB no ones forceing them to stay?

Reply privately

By *ittlebirdWoman
41 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

"It has to be the queues… and the train strikes

the whole reason I moved here! "

You’re in luck this year then

Reply privately

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
41 weeks ago

Bristol

I don't know if proud is the word I'd use.

But I am thankful I live here.

Our way of life is quite easy.

There are a lot of places in this world where I and many others among us wouldn't be allowed to be who we are.

There are many places in this world that are fucked.

It's easy to look at Britain and only see a shambles... that's a very British thing to do.

But it's important to count your blessings in life.

Sometimes I think people don't realise how lucky they are.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

I’m proud of most of the British in general, the country stands up to be counted. We tend to stick together and rally for the people in need, charity and charitable actions is something we do well.

I’m proud I took the oath and served… I know there’s some people on here who probably think the military are dicks and that were dumb and stupid for joining up. But I did and enjoyed it

I love the music we produce, out sense of humour. I love our national parks, the coastal walks, the history and the historic places to visit….

I’ve been lucky to have travelled, worked and lived in lots of different countries around the world. All have beauty about them and all have charm and they all

Have their own pride.

I don’t believe as many that have commented on here have no pride in their nation at all.

I think most are sheep following the grumpy ones that constantly voice their opinions with a negative flow.

Makes me laugh

Reply privately

By *os_GoddessofdawnWoman
41 weeks ago

In the clouds

Our traditions, heritage and values

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m proud of most of the British in general, the country stands up to be counted. We tend to stick together and rally for the people in need, charity and charitable actions is something we do well.

I’m proud I took the oath and served… I know there’s some people on here who probably think the military are dicks and that were dumb and stupid for joining up. But I did and enjoyed it

I love the music we produce, out sense of humour. I love our national parks, the coastal walks, the history and the historic places to visit….

I’ve been lucky to have travelled, worked and lived in lots of different countries around the world. All have beauty about them and all have charm and they all

Have their own pride.

I don’t believe as many that have commented on here have no pride in their nation at all.

I think most are sheep following the grumpy ones that constantly voice their opinions with a negative flow.

Makes me laugh

"

I'm not proud to be British because I'm not British. I wasn't being grumpy

Reply privately

By *an1978Woman
41 weeks ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

I consider myself lucky to be born here. A safe and beautiful area.

But not proud, that isn't me.

Reply privately

By *hriscooperMan
41 weeks ago

Warrington

I'm extremely proud to be British. For so many reasons.

It's far too easy to look at the way shambles and shambles of governments have slowly stripped away at our culture heritage and history.

It makes you forget all that we have done as a nation and we should be proud. Of course we've done things that are bad, so most other powerful nations, and yes the country is being run by idiots who are scared of their own shadows and have as much backbone as a slug, but that shouldn't let you forget who we are as a people and why.

Lots and lots of people are happy to slate the country and aren't proud to be British, but not many of them upsticks and move somewhere else that's better do they.

Reply privately

By *ltmeeMan
41 weeks ago

wrexham

The music. Definitely eclectic.

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
41 weeks ago

Liverpool

Ah fuck it

"I saw a slogan on a guy's car that said "Proud to be an American." And I thought, well, what the fuck does that mean? Proud to be an American.

You see, l've never understood national pride. I've never understood ethnic pride. Because I'm lrish, and all four of my grandparents were born in Ireland, so l'm fully Irish. And when I was a kid, I would go to the St. Patrick's Day parade, and I noticed that they sold a button that said "Proud to be lrish."

And I could never understand that because I knew that on Columbus Day, they sold a different button that said "Proud to be Italian." Then came black pride and Puerto Rican pride. And I could never understand ethnic or national pride because, to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own. Not something that happens by accident of birth. Being Irish isn't a skill. It's a fucking genetic accident. You wouldn't say, "I'm proud to be 5'11". I'm proud to have a predisposition for colon cancer. So, why the fuck would you be proud to be lrish or proud to be ltalian or American or anything? Hey, if you're happy with it, that's fine. Do that. Put that on your car. "Happy to be an American." Be happy. Don't be proud. Too much pride as it is. Pride goeth before a fall"

Reply privately

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS
41 weeks ago

hexham

"Well if so many dont like GB no ones forceing them to stay? "

Oh crumbs! That old chestnut !

Reply privately

By *opinovMan
41 weeks ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Whilst there are quite a number of things Brits profess to be proud of - flag, empire, jingoism, etc - I feel pretty jaded with them.

There are a few things about Britain I am quite proud of though: our love and care for animals, our multiculturalism and tolerance/inclusion of minorities (generally), our NHS, our willingness to stand up to despotism (but only when we're not enabling it), the rights for all we've written into our laws.

Many sadly tainted by an increasing sense of shame at our far-right and the 'hostile environment' they feel the need to impose on others, as well as our forelock tugging acceptance of political corruption.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

"I’m proud of most of the British in general, the country stands up to be counted. We tend to stick together and rally for the people in need, charity and charitable actions is something we do well.

Have their own pride.

Makes me laugh

I'm not proud to be British because I'm not British. I wasn't being grumpy "

Haha wasn’t really aimed at you

And it’s ok to say you’re

Not proud to be British if you’re not British

I wouldn’t say I’m proud to me another nationality either

Reply privately

By *he turned me GreyCouple
41 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

That we put on some of the best raves, and produce some banging hardhouse...

Mr

Reply privately

By *andD300Couple
41 weeks ago

london

Dolan and Boardman bikes. D.

Reply privately

By *parkle1974Woman
41 weeks ago

Leeds

I'm not....I'm proud to be Scottish x

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

A long history of invention, engineering, medicine and medical discovery. We're one of the fairest and most forward nations there is today as the son of immigrants, I have to say this place is a good place to have a good comfortable relatively trouble free life, unlike a great deal of the rest of the world. Pound for pound, few nations have shaped the world as much as the u.k has

Reply privately

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS
41 weeks ago

hexham

Have their own pride.

Makes me laugh

I can admire your opinions on why you are proud to be British

However , not appreciating other people’s reasons for not being proud shows a lack of empathy and understanding.

If I accept you are proud to be British then please accept that I have no pride in a nation state that is governed by people I did not vote for, and who in my opinion, are acting in a way that brings our country down .

One caveat, I think our language and the way we use it, slang and all, is the best on the planet

"

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

That we are a country that's won the world Cup.

Reply privately

By *ealMissShadyWoman
41 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

My Welsh heritage

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

Have their own pride.

Makes me laugh

I can admire your opinions on why you are proud to be British

However , not appreciating other people’s reasons for not being proud shows a lack of empathy and understanding.

If I accept you are proud to be British then please accept that I have no pride in a nation state that is governed by people I did not vote for, and who in my opinion, are acting in a way that brings our country down .

One caveat, I think our language and the way we use it, slang and all, is the best on the planet

"

I agree with you on the government

Reply privately

By *mf123Man
41 weeks ago

with one foot out the door

Nothing iv no use for pride

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
41 weeks ago

North West

"I never understood patriotism."

This.

Reply privately

By *lex46TV/TS
41 weeks ago

Near Wells

"Our country has some of the most scenic and historic places its country lanes, its pubs its culture, some of its people, I'm British and proud to be, i could never live anywhere else although i love to travel "

I feel the same way. If you can’t be proud about where you live, either do something about it or go and live somewhere else.

Reply privately

By *lex46TV/TS
41 weeks ago

Near Wells

"Nothing. The only redeeming quality about this country is that it isn't Russia or North Korea...so I guess it could be worse.

To me living in Britain is like having 2 broken legs, yeah it sucks but it could be worse you could be dead. "

Try living the way you do in Africa or the Middle East and see how you get on.

Reply privately

By *nce bitten twice shy !Couple
41 weeks ago

Travelling

Foreskin

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

North West

"Our country has some of the most scenic and historic places its country lanes, its pubs its culture, some of its people, I'm British and proud to be, i could never live anywhere else although i love to travel

I feel the same way. If you can’t be proud about where you live, either do something about it or go and live somewhere else."

Pride in your surroundings is not the same as pride to have a certain nationality. I like my surroundings to be pleasant and lovely but I have that feeling no matter where I am. When I am on holiday, I take care of the establishment and environment in exactly the same way as at my own home. I take my glasses back to the bar. I keep my hotel room tidy. I pick up my towels etc. I have pride in my surroundings.

But frankly, having had the accident to be born in the UK vs somewhere else? What's there to be proud of? I didn't choose it. I could equally have been born somewhere else. It's just an accident of circumstance that I had no involvement in.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Our country has some of the most scenic and historic places its country lanes, its pubs its culture, some of its people, I'm British and proud to be, i could never live anywhere else although i love to travel

I feel the same way. If you can’t be proud about where you live, either do something about it or go and live somewhere else.

Pride in your surroundings is not the same as pride to have a certain nationality. I like my surroundings to be pleasant and lovely but I have that feeling no matter where I am. When I am on holiday, I take care of the establishment and environment in exactly the same way as at my own home. I take my glasses back to the bar. I keep my hotel room tidy. I pick up my towels etc. I have pride in my surroundings.

But frankly, having had the accident to be born in the UK vs somewhere else? What's there to be proud of? I didn't choose it. I could equally have been born somewhere else. It's just an accident of circumstance that I had no involvement in. "

Yes, it's never made much sense to me. (For what it's worth, I'm not proud to be Australian, either. If my parents had changed their plans slightly or one of them had got their shit together, I might well be British/ dual national. Entirely an accident in my case)

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Also, "if you don't like it, leave" seems self defeating to me. So the people who are aware enough to notice problems in a country are supposed to get out and not upset people who are happy to just let a country rot?

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

North West

But frankly, having had the accident to be born in the UK vs somewhere else? What's there to be proud of? I didn't choose it. I could equally have been born somewhere else. It's just an accident of circumstance that I had no involvement in.

Yes, it's never made much sense to me. (For what it's worth, I'm not proud to be Australian, either. If my parents had changed their plans slightly or one of them had got their shit together, I might well be British/ dual national. Entirely an accident in my case)"

I'm only here because my Great Grandad came here. Apparently, this wasn't his intended final destination, he was going to follow his brother across the Pond, but he met a woman and that was that.

An accident of history. That's why I'm in this country. It's just a thing. Nowt special, to me anyway.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, it's never made much sense to me. (For what it's worth, I'm not proud to be Australian, either. If my parents had changed their plans slightly or one of them had got their shit together, I might well be British/ dual national. Entirely an accident in my case)

I'm only here because my Great Grandad came here. Apparently, this wasn't his intended final destination, he was going to follow his brother across the Pond, but he met a woman and that was that.

An accident of history. That's why I'm in this country. It's just a thing. Nowt special, to me anyway. "

And I was born in Australia because the British settled, rather than the French or the Dutch (or the Portuguese, I guess?), and because of the specific circumstances that led to the end of indentured servitude/ reduction in capital/corporal punishment, and because of the problems caused between less physical punishment and prisons. (Also the Potato Famine, probably)

Am I proud of any of that shit? No. Why the fuck would I be? That was hundreds of years ago.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

"Nothing. The only redeeming quality about this country is that it isn't Russia or North Korea...so I guess it could be worse.

To me living in Britain is like having 2 broken legs, yeah it sucks but it could be worse you could be dead.

Try living the way you do in Africa or the Middle East and see how you get on."

I literally said that this country is better than places like that...Why are you disagreeing with me saying that Britain is better?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I literally said that this country is better than places like that...Why are you disagreeing with me saying that Britain is better?"

To me it reads like "Britain is great because it's better than North Korea".

That's a bit like saying that something is great because it's better than a pile of fetid shit.

Reply privately

By *ndycoinsMan
41 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

Reply privately

By *ndycoinsMan
41 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

I literally said that this country is better than places like that...Why are you disagreeing with me saying that Britain is better?

That's a bit like saying that something is great because it's better than a pile of fetid shit. "

^ that's the 'cultural cringe'.

Manchester Airport fly to Australia.Bye.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

""

English food ;

* Pizza

* Curry

* Popadoms

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

That's a bit like saying that something is great because it's better than a pile of fetid shit. "

Well yeah that's what I'm going for. I'm saying this country is good because most alternatives are absolute shit. That doesn't make this country perfect though. Unfortunately by saying that this country isn't perfect, the boomers and Tories get upset. I plan on moving to Finland though so I can be in a country that actually has even more upsides.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

That's a bit like saying that something is great because it's better than a pile of fetid shit.

^ that's the 'cultural cringe'.

Manchester Airport fly to Australia.Bye."

I moved to this country because I admired it from afar. I stayed. I'm here legally, and permanently.

And as I said above, telling people to leave when they're at least aware enough to know that there are problems is self defeating, just letting a country rot.

(And in case you misread what I wrote, what I was calling "fetid shit" was North Korea )

Reply privately

By *orthernJayMan
41 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

Not if they want to leave and live in Europe, unfortunately Brexit fucked that up for all UK citizens!

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Well yeah that's what I'm going for. I'm saying this country is good because most alternatives are absolute shit. That doesn't make this country perfect though. Unfortunately by saying that this country isn't perfect, the boomers and Tories get upset. I plan on moving to Finland though so I can be in a country that actually has even more upsides. "

I think a lot of people are incapable of seeing nuance and just think that anything other than rimming Churchill is treason.

Reply privately

By *panksspankedMan
41 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I don't regard myself as British

Reply privately

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
41 weeks ago

Somewhere else

To me living in Britain is like having 2 broken legs, yeah it sucks but it could be worse you could be dead. "

Reply privately

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
41 weeks ago

Somewhere else

Well yeah that's what I'm going for. I'm saying this country is good because most alternatives are absolute shit. That doesn't make this country perfect though. Unfortunately by saying that this country isn't perfect, the boomers and Tories get upset. I plan on moving to Finland though so I can be in a country that actually has even more upsides.

I think a lot of people are incapable of seeing nuance and just think that anything other than rimming Churchill is treason."

Reply privately

By *orthernJayMan
41 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

Well yeah that's what I'm going for. I'm saying this country is good because most alternatives are absolute shit. That doesn't make this country perfect though. Unfortunately by saying that this country isn't perfect, the boomers and Tories get upset. I plan on moving to Finland though so I can be in a country that actually has even more upsides. "

“Most alternatives are absolute shit”…….genuinely interested in why you think this, have you lived in or visited the many alternatives available in order to make such sound judgement?

Reply privately

By *ee04Man
41 weeks ago

Thurrock

I used to be a proud Northern Englishman, happy being British and European.

Now I mumble the UK and am ashamed.

We voted a complete egomaniacal scum bag into the prime minister office.

We followed that with a complete looney.

We let another loonies idea take root and build to the point that we separated from the rest of our continent.

To our own detriment, how’s the immigration going by the way?

We where the country at the forefront fighting fascism now well I’m not to sure. We even have children of immigrants spouting right wing shite. Where would they be if our forefathers had been of the same mind?

Reply privately

By *orthernJayMan
41 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

Living overseas, residing in three different countries and visiting circa half a dozen regularly on business; I’m a very proud Scouser but have zero intention of returning to the UK to live.

Britain has forgotten who/what it is, the country has no identity on the world stage and Brexit only served to make this identity crisis worse.

Folk are pissed off to the back teeth of corrupt politicians, unacceptably managed NHS by those who’ve never provided health care, utility company shareholders reaping millions whilst other can’t heat their houses, children going to school hungry and a homeless epidemic that’s simply embarrassing for a first world country.

But the problem is this, nobody in any other country really sees these issues, they still think it’s “Great Britain” based on outdated preconceived ideas harking back to “the good old days” that simply aren’t good anymore.

I visited London recently with a colleague who’d never been, he simply couldn’t believe the garbage blowing in the wind and the number of homeless folk in doorways; we’d been there less than a day when he asked me “has it always been like this!”…….enough said!

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Living overseas, residing in three different countries and visiting circa half a dozen regularly on business; I’m a very proud Scouser but have zero intention of returning to the UK to live.

Britain has forgotten who/what it is, the country has no identity on the world stage and Brexit only served to make this identity crisis worse.

Folk are pissed off to the back teeth of corrupt politicians, unacceptably managed NHS by those who’ve never provided health care, utility company shareholders reaping millions whilst other can’t heat their houses, children going to school hungry and a homeless epidemic that’s simply embarrassing for a first world country.

But the problem is this, nobody in any other country really sees these issues, they still think it’s “Great Britain” based on outdated preconceived ideas harking back to “the good old days” that simply aren’t good anymore.

I visited London recently with a colleague who’d never been, he simply couldn’t believe the garbage blowing in the wind and the number of homeless folk in doorways; we’d been there less than a day when he asked me “has it always been like this!”…….enough said!"

There are people working on it... and ignoring those who tell us to leave if we don't like it here.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
41 weeks ago

Derby

I think a lot of people are incapable of seeing nuance and just think that anything other than rimming Churchill is treason."

Reply privately

By *allMidlandsGentMan
41 weeks ago

Birmingham

Not much, if anything.

Reply privately

By *use and wolfCouple
41 weeks ago

angus

The UK Fetish scene is very friendly and welcoming for the most part

Reply privately

By *mcheshireMan
41 weeks ago

Cheshire

The British dry sense of humour and how we always play down serious things

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

“Most alternatives are absolute shit”…….genuinely interested in why you think this, have you lived in or visited the many alternatives available in order to make such sound judgement?"

Well If I go to Africa I'd probably end up dead. Same thing with Russia. Probably wont die in China but it would definitely suck. Would probably die if I tried to live in North Korea. If I go to anywhere under the rule of Sharia Law then I'd probably also end up dead as well I kinda fuck men. I'd probably suffer in the US but it could be livable. Australia and Canada seem to be the only livable alternatives although America could be fun since I'd just shoot people I disagree with and just spew "castle doctrine" or "he was gay and I got scared". The reason I think this is because when I look at the news for those countries there seems to be alot of hatred against people of my kind.

Plus, I don't need to go there to understand it would suck for me in the same way that I don't need to break my arm to understand that breaking my arm would be bad.

Reply privately

By *inky ChefMan
41 weeks ago

Norwich

"Ah fuck it

"I saw a slogan on a guy's car that said "Proud to be an American." And I thought, well, what the fuck does that mean? Proud to be an American.

You see, l've never understood national pride. I've never understood ethnic pride. Because I'm lrish, and all four of my grandparents were born in Ireland, so l'm fully Irish. And when I was a kid, I would go to the St. Patrick's Day parade, and I noticed that they sold a button that said "Proud to be lrish."

And I could never understand that because I knew that on Columbus Day, they sold a different button that said "Proud to be Italian." Then came black pride and Puerto Rican pride. And I could never understand ethnic or national pride because, to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own. Not something that happens by accident of birth. Being Irish isn't a skill. It's a fucking genetic accident. You wouldn't say, "I'm proud to be 5'11". I'm proud to have a predisposition for colon cancer. So, why the fuck would you be proud to be lrish or proud to be ltalian or American or anything? Hey, if you're happy with it, that's fine. Do that. Put that on your car. "Happy to be an American." Be happy. Don't be proud. Too much pride as it is. Pride goeth before a fall""

This ^

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

The Empire of course! The sun never sleeps on it! I love that shit.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The Empire of course! The sun never sleeps on it! I love that shit.

"

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

Seriously though I think my answer is probably grime music.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

"The Empire of course! The sun never sleeps on it! I love that shit.

"

Ah, The good old days

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Seriously though I think my answer is probably grime music. "

I was going to call someone to see if you'd hit your head or something if you were serious on that last one

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

"Seriously though I think my answer is probably grime music.

I was going to call someone to see if you'd hit your head or something if you were serious on that last one "

If I ever said something like that I’m probably being held somewhere by the EDL and it’s a SOS message

Reply privately

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
41 weeks ago

Torquay

I think it's that I'm born to hate the French

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Seriously though I think my answer is probably grime music.

I was going to call someone to see if you'd hit your head or something if you were serious on that last one

If I ever said something like that I’m probably being held somewhere by the EDL and it’s a SOS message "

Yeah. pride in conquest and empire is probably my safe word. (although I suspect I need a bit more brevity)

Reply privately

By *orthernJayMan
41 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

"Living overseas, residing in three different countries and visiting circa half a dozen regularly on business; I’m a very proud Scouser but have zero intention of returning to the UK to live.

I visited London recently with a colleague who’d never been, he simply couldn’t believe the garbage blowing in the wind and the number of homeless folk in doorways; we’d been there less than a day when he asked me “has it always been like this!”…….enough said!

There are people working on it... and ignoring those who tell us to leave if we don't like it here."

I admire your spirit, perhaps that’s what’s “great” about Britain, that said, I fear an election won’t make that much difference in reality; yes it’ll wipe out the Tories (and about time), but history tells you what happens post a decade of Labour post decades of Tories, just ask Alistair Darling.

It’s time for something different, but that’s for another day.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

There are people working on it... and ignoring those who tell us to leave if we don't like it here.

I admire your spirit, perhaps that’s what’s “great” about Britain, that said, I fear an election won’t make that much difference in reality; yes it’ll wipe out the Tories (and about time), but history tells you what happens post a decade of Labour post decades of Tories, just ask Alistair Darling.

It’s time for something different, but that’s for another day."

What's great about Britain is an upstart Australian? I'll take it

I don't think government is the answer. It's an impediment to answers.

Reply privately

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
41 weeks ago

Torquay

It’s time for something different, but that’s for another day."

I think he dead, the Alistair Darling of which you speak

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
41 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

The people, but I'd be just as proud of the people wherever I was. I'm only British by accident

Reply privately

By *orthernJayMan
41 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

It’s time for something different, but that’s for another day.

I think he dead, the Alistair Darling of which you speak "

Died and the debts still pile up

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

I visited London recently with a colleague who’d never been, he simply couldn’t believe the garbage blowing in the wind and the number of homeless folk in doorways; we’d been there less than a day when he asked me “has it always been like this!”…….enough said!"

This country is fucked.

Massive immigration of people who don't give a shit about this country, values, culture. taking advantage of a shambolic government.

Plus criminal gangs deciding who comes to this country, not the government.

I served in the Army but I was fed bullshit. I'd bugger off to a country that actually looks after its citizen's

Reply privately

By *ed VoluptaWoman
41 weeks ago

Wirral.

"

I find this comment rather arrogant & unnecessary.

Folk can be proud to be British without agreeing with all of its' leaders - past & present. And without folk on here implying they're thick for doing so.

I'm sure OP was hoping this would be a light-hearted thread but no, that just won't do

My penny's worth as a Brit born of Irish parents is that I'm not sure I feel pride, as such. But i think Britain is a wonderful & beautiful place & I'm damn glad I live here

Reply privately

By *lainJane23Woman
41 weeks ago

Liverpool

Let me just watch the News and come back to you on that 1

Reply privately

By *relandgentMan
41 weeks ago

city

"If I were British I would say Charles Chaplin, Shackleton, Darwin, Wild Garlic and the NHS "

Shackleton was very proud to be Irish! Wellington not so much!

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

I think a lot of people are incapable of seeing nuance and just think that anything other than rimming Churchill is treason.

I find this comment rather arrogant & unnecessary.

Folk can be proud to be British without agreeing with all of its' leaders - past & present. And without folk on here implying they're thick for doing so.

I'm sure OP was hoping this would be a light-hearted thread but no, that just won't do

My penny's worth as a Brit born of Irish parents is that I'm not sure I feel pride, as such. But i think Britain is a wonderful & beautiful place & I'm damn glad I live here "

I didn't say that there was only one way to express pride, or that everyone who expressed pride was wrong.

I said that people who are offended by what another poster said - which had a degree of nuance - may be incapable of nuance. And they are the ones who tend to be of the "if you don't like it, leave" inclination.

I have equal disdain for those who wank themselves blind over the Second Amendment or mourn the loss of the White Australia Policy, for what it's worth.

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
41 weeks ago

Northampton

Nothing. I don't really understand the concept.

Reply privately

By *illbillMan
41 weeks ago

dublin

"If I were British I would say Charles Chaplin, Shackleton, Darwin, Wild Garlic and the NHS "

Shackleton was from co. Kildare.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

King Charles’s fingers. Those sausages have been cooked to perfection.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"King Charles’s fingers. Those sausages have been cooked to perfection. "

Jesus

Reply privately

By *ORDERMANMan
41 weeks ago

wrexham

"If I were British I would say Charles Chaplin, Shackleton, Darwin, Wild Garlic and the NHS

Shackleton was very proud to be Irish! Wellington not so much!"

Wellington famously saying if you're born in a stable doesn't mean you're a horse...when his Dublin birth was raised.

Reply privately

By *orthernJayMan
41 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

"King Charles’s fingers. Those sausages have been cooked to perfection.

Jesus "

I’m proud of Dom West, he’s got Charles absolutely nailed and his Baltimore accent was foolproof

Reply privately

By *ORDERMANMan
41 weeks ago

wrexham

What males me proud to be British..?

The fact I'm Welsh first..

Reply privately

By *anky_PankyWoman
41 weeks ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

""

Proud of your assumption that everyone reading this is British?

Clue: WWW.Fabswingers.com...

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

How welcoming we are to foreigners

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

"How welcoming we are to foreigners"
I love this comment

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

North West

"How welcoming we are to foreigners"

Do you think the Govt just got really confused about the British habit of going sailing on canals on little boats, with regards the barge we're incarcerating immigrants on?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"How welcoming we are to foreigners

Do you think the Govt just got really confused about the British habit of going sailing on canals on little boats, with regards the barge we're incarcerating immigrants on? "

Before they sent convicts to Australia, they were put on prison ships. Maybe the government think that they're doing the immigrants Australia because... Neighbours or some shit.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

Do you think the Govt just got really confused about the British habit of going sailing on canals on little boats, with regards the barge we're incarcerating immigrants on?

Before they sent convicts to Australia, they were put on prison ships. Maybe the government think that they're doing the immigrants Australia because... Neighbours or some shit."

That’s when good neighbours

Become

Good

Friends

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Before they sent convicts to Australia, they were put on prison ships. Maybe the government think that they're doing the immigrants Australia because... Neighbours or some shit.

That’s when good neighbours

Become

Good

Friends"

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

That's a shame, I love a laugh.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

the whole reason I moved here! "

We do love a queue, lol

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

the whole reason I moved here!

We do love a queue, lol "

I love queuing.

Reply privately

By *eronicaExplorerWoman
41 weeks ago

London

"If I were British I would say Charles Chaplin, Shackleton, Darwin, Wild Garlic and the NHS

Shackleton was very proud to be Irish! Wellington not so much!"

His family was from Yorkshire, he was born in Ireland, then moved to London when he was 10 years and served in the British Army. Anglo-Irish to be precise. Thank you for the feedback.

Reply privately

By *BWLOVER1965Man
41 weeks ago

My Own Little World

Our sense of humour

Normally a very understanding people

Always there in crisis

Well Mannered and generous

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

Scotch eggs

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

That the national dish is curry

Our inclusivity

Our tolerance of differences

Our friendly and welcoming nature

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

The Lake District.... & Our fabulous country side & scenery....

& Also We kept our own currency too & didn't allow Merkel to dictate to us.

Reply privately

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
41 weeks ago

St Leonards

I love my country too much to be a nationalist.

That country is England, and it's lost the plot.

Give it another 40 years, for a traumatised post-UK, post Londocentric polity to emerge from the ashes, and "England" should start coming to mean something similar to the promise in Will Blake's poetry, updated within "poetic materialism".

So what do I love about England?

Everything that it isn't, but it can be. The seeds have always been there.

Scotland - go be amazing. You've got everything you need (and more!), and smile on us a little as we go through hell before emerging as something, finally, living up to our promise.

Short and simple answer however, in keeping with the brevity intended in the original question - "British" and "Irish" humour. They're something else x.

Reply privately

By *lym4realCouple
41 weeks ago

plymouth

Well as the quote goes ...Fascism arrives wrapped in a nations flag or the worse kind of leaders/con artists wrap themselves in a nations flag and as for the proud bit ?? we are now mostly a very unfunny joke thanks to various leaders who did all of the above and hate to point out to the ickle Engerlanders we aren't the bestest country ever but we aren't the worse either but could be a whole lot better ...xxx BUT Monty python xxx

Reply privately

By *erry bull1Man
41 weeks ago

doncaster

Proud that we have the most amusing incompetent government in the world

Reply privately

By *hawn ScottMan
41 weeks ago

london Brixton

Exactly we have the freedom to move to any EU country and live and work without the need for strict visa requirements...... oh hang on a minute

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
41 weeks ago

ashford

Absolutely nothing! X

Reply privately

By *ablo minibar123Woman
41 weeks ago

Proud isn't the right word, but every time I hear about another school shooting elsewhere in the world, it makes me very happy that I'm British and that I live where I live.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

I love how we all moan (see every post above)

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

Our country did a lot of good for the world throughout history and we really shaped the world of today

Reply privately

By *hawn ScottMan
41 weeks ago

london Brixton

Well I'm Irish but I love London. So much to do on your doorstep, the cultural diversity and the choice of restaurants. You can leave the city and be in a nice country pub serving good quality ale.

I'm also a sucker for seaside towns like margate, Southend etc. Something simple like eating fish and chips on the wall watching the world go by.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

"Proud isn't the right word, but every time I hear about another school shooting elsewhere in the world, it makes me very happy that I'm British and that I live where I live. "

Or the fact they have active shooter drills to teach primary school children what to do when it happens to them.

Reply privately

By *nn_JamesCouple
41 weeks ago

Caersws Powys

The NHS, Fish and chips Sunday roast with all the trimmings including Yorkshire puddings, The Lake District, Peak District, Dartmoor & Exmoor, Mid Wales & Highlands . A decent cup of tea or afternoon tea, Sir David Attenborough , Bacon sandwich, The Seaside, Strawberries and cream, our sports and Zany weather, Our local pub oh and definitely my Shepherd’s pie!

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

I don't believe in patriotism either.

But I look at some of the history, of the discoveries made and shared and I feel that there are some outstanding people who happen to be British and happened to give so much.

I'm not sure if it's the contribution of Fish n Chips or love of Football that made them who they are. But they aren't me and I had zero influence in their lives and so I take no pride in their achievements simply because I share some part of the world with them.

Reply privately

By *mwirralMan
41 weeks ago

wirral

Our openess to other nations and cultures in general, spoilt by the few currently

Reply privately

By *mateur100Man
41 weeks ago

nr faversham

Less and less

Reply privately

By *batMan
41 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"Also, "if you don't like it, leave" seems self defeating to me. So the people who are aware enough to notice problems in a country are supposed to get out and not upset people who are happy to just let a country rot? "

And of course suddenly have enough money to leave!

The Tory government weren’t satisfied with just austerity so they actually made it harder and more expensive to emigrate to the nearest countries!!

Gbat

Reply privately

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
41 weeks ago

Leeds

Nothing, I don't really understand patriotism be honest.

Proud of somewhere because that happens to be the place you popped out of a vagina?

Mrs

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
41 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

To be proud of something is to measure my own self worth by feeling pleasurable satisfaction about it's achievements....

I don't measure myself in that way so I guess I am not proud in myself or proud to be British.

I'm not really sure that i'm British

Reply privately

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
41 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Nothing, I don't really understand patriotism be honest.

Proud of somewhere because that happens to be the place you popped out of a vagina?

Mrs "

I agree with much of that.

But, for the record, I boogied out of my Mummy's vagina xxx

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
41 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"I love my country too much to be a nationalist.

Give it another 40 years, for a traumatised post-UK, post Londocentric polity to emerge from the ashes, and "England" should start coming to mean something similar to the promise in Will Blake's poetry, updated within "poetic materialism".

Scotland - go be amazing. You've got everything you need (and more!), and smile on us a little as we go through hell before emerging as something, finally, living up to our promise.

Short and simple answer however, in keeping with the brevity intended in the original question - "British" and "Irish" humour. They're something else x."

So what makes you proud to be British ?

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
41 weeks ago

Pershore

The British summer - my favourite day of the year.

Reply privately

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
41 weeks ago

St Leonards

Short and simple answer however, in keeping with the brevity intended in the original question - "British" and "Irish" humour. They're something else x.

So what makes you proud to be British ?"

Using your definition of "proud" - nothing. And that's good with me.

Using a bit of wiggle room across definitions, the humour.

And the possibility of changing the culture using internationally recognised amd legally accepted geographical boundaries within which to enact cultural and socio-economic transformation, obvs.

All nations are a boundary, and should go. Boundaries create "others". "Others" become vilified...soft targets.

But you can use the imperfect concept of boundary to do stuff that's better than before.

There's "legal space" within which to do things.

Give the world a worthwhile example that can be adopted and adapted elsewhere, over a few hundred years.

Currently, we're on the down part of that curve in the legal entity called "UK".

The up part will be fascinating.

Reply privately

By *andj4fungamesCouple
41 weeks ago

Los Alcazares

As foreigners living in Spain, I still don't get the idea of having a Sunday Roast in Spain in Summer, nor British Breakfast. Not proud to be British at all, generally embarrassed. Top tip, pretend to be Finish. Not many of them (6 million), so unlikely to be found out by the Spanish, unless you cant resist the urge to wear Union Jack shorts. Bingo was inverted by the Italians, sorry cant be proud of that either .

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
41 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

And the possibility of changing the culture using internationally recognised amd legally accepted geographical boundaries within which to enact cultural and socio-economic transformation, obvs.

All nations are a boundary, and should go. Boundaries create "others". "Others" become vilified...soft targets.

But you can use the imperfect concept of boundary to do stuff that's better than before.

Give the world a worthwhile example that can be adopted and adapted elsewhere, over a few hundred years.

Currently, we're on the down part of that curve in the legal entity called "UK".

The up part will be fascinating. "

So ... 'The humour' you say. Is there an identifiable 'British Humour' ?

Reply privately

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
41 weeks ago

St Leonards

The up part will be fascinating.

So ... 'The humour' you say. Is there an identifiable 'British Humour' ?"

I think it's shared British and Irish, and there are definitely variations across the current UK and Ireland too.

A large part is the flexibility of the language (other languages often have less words but stronger grammar), some cultural differences come into it (French humour is heavily ironic, so the jokes are more cerebral, for example).

So yes - some identifiable traits.

Pulling people down several pegs, but a strong connection from mind leading to belly-laugh.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
41 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

It's much easier to recognise that there isn't anything unique in British humour and i'd go so far as to say that it doesn't exist. Thanks for the explanation though.

Reply privately

By *ellhungvweMan
41 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Having lived all over the world and seen how the vast majority of the rest of the world is _actually_ run and how most people _really_ live their lives then I am proud when I get back to these islands.

Could I come up with a list as long as your arm on things that are wrong here? Easily. But the list for pretty much anywhere else in the world would be ten times longer.

Reply privately

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
41 weeks ago

St Leonards

"It's much easier to recognise that there isn't anything unique in British humour and i'd go so far as to say that it doesn't exist. Thanks for the explanation though. "

You're welcome.

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
41 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

"Having lived all over the world and seen how the vast majority of the rest of the world is _actually_ run and how most people _really_ live their lives then I am proud when I get back to these islands.

Could I come up with a list as long as your arm on things that are wrong here? Easily. But the list for pretty much anywhere else in the world would be ten times longer.

"

A sensible and balanced answer..

I'd tend to agree

Reply privately

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan
41 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

Irish heritage, born in England, live in Scotland and worked in many other countries with many other nationalities and faiths. Proud to be British for all the good we have invented, created, our democracy, influence for all the right things. Sure we have got things wrong. Sure politics are corrupt but I'm proud to be British and I also know it's not trendy. Particularly on Fab.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

This thread reminds me of the song proud to be black by Robbie from AFTV. I remember nearly all the words even though it’s been over a decade since I first heard it. Now it’s stuck in my head

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

Best thing about Briton is The great bacon sandwich

Reply privately

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan
41 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

"This thread reminds me of the song proud to be black by Robbie from AFTV. I remember nearly all the words even though it’s been over a decade since I first heard it. Now it’s stuck in my head "

Why?

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
41 weeks ago

Tin town

"Irish heritage, born in England, live in Scotland and worked in many other countries with many other nationalities and faiths. Proud to be British for all the good we have invented, created, our democracy, influence for all the right things. Sure we have got things wrong. Sure politics are corrupt but I'm proud to be British and I also know it's not trendy. Particularly on Fab."

I like that answer. I used to be extremely proud of some of our heritage and character, achievements, services, role in world affairs, fairness, tradition, friendliness, engineering, invention, work ethic, creativity, steadfastness... I'll be honest I'm struggling with any of those now. We have let our country be taken from us and now I'm not sure we have a shared set of values let alone a desire to embrace and advocate them. I suppose it's inevitable when the only evidence one sees is greed and desire for more stuff.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

North West

"Proud isn't the right word, but every time I hear about another school shooting elsewhere in the world, it makes me very happy that I'm British and that I live where I live.

Or the fact they have active shooter drills to teach primary school children what to do when it happens to them. "

There are drills for this in certain types of school in the UK. Jewish faith schools have drills for various potential threats, for example.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

"Proud isn't the right word, but every time I hear about another school shooting elsewhere in the world, it makes me very happy that I'm British and that I live where I live.

Or the fact they have active shooter drills to teach primary school children what to do when it happens to them.

There are drills for this in certain types of school in the UK. Jewish faith schools have drills for various potential threats, for example. "

And they all have security guards. As do synagogues.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

"This thread reminds me of the song proud to be black by Robbie from AFTV. I remember nearly all the words even though it’s been over a decade since I first heard it. Now it’s stuck in my head

Why?"

I think because I read it as proud to be B and my brain automatically went to black

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
41 weeks ago

Tin town

There are drills for this in certain types of school in the UK. Jewish faith schools have drills for various potential threats, for example.

And they all have security guards. As do synagogues. "

There are. But so far thankfully no shoot em up events just yet. Plenty stabbings mind.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
41 weeks ago

Dorchester

'MURICA, YEAH!

*whispers* you mean…

FUCK YEAH!"

What makes you proud to be British?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

And they all have security guards. As do synagogues. "

I hate people.

Reply privately

By *entlemanrogueMan
41 weeks ago

Motherwell

Norhing makes me proud to be British, the older i get, the less i am impressed with "The old empire"

Reply privately

By *red333Man
41 weeks ago

Dorchester

I love my country as you should I'm not sure i love some of the idiosyncrasies of it

Reply privately

By *annibal_LickedherMan
41 weeks ago

The Side of the Mersey

I just love my country. Yeah there are flaws etc but there are worse places to be from.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

North West

And they all have security guards. As do synagogues.

There are. But so far thankfully no shoot em up events just yet. Plenty stabbings mind. "

Not shooting, no. But plenty of unpleasantness.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/oct/11/englands-jewish-schools-take-extra-security-precautions

Reply privately

By *illbillMan
41 weeks ago

dublin

"Our country did a lot of good for the world throughout history and we really shaped the world of today "

Massacres

Plundering

Famines

Genocides

Military occupations

Reply privately

By *illbillMan
41 weeks ago

dublin

"Our country did a lot of good for the world throughout history and we really shaped the world of today

Massacres

Plundering

Famines

Genocides

Military occupations

"

Reply privately

By *SCouple81Couple
41 weeks ago

Between Edinburgh and Scottish Borders

I'm not British

Reply privately

By *atelotmanMan
41 weeks ago

Chatham

What do people mean by proud to be British? Any one who comes here and stays for 5yrs can claim a British passport. How does that make them British? I was born an bred in England, not Scotland,Wales,Ireland or any place in the world. So why on forms today do they have black British, Asia British,an so on. But not white British of better still English. Before anyone calls me Racist my bests friend are from the Windrush age and I god father to many of their Kids an grand kids.

Reply privately

41 weeks ago

North West

"What do people mean by proud to be British? Any one who comes here and stays for 5yrs can claim a British passport. How does that make them British? I was born an bred in England, not Scotland,Wales,Ireland or any place in the world. So why on forms today do they have black British, Asia British,an so on. But not white British of better still English. Before anyone calls me Racist my bests friend are from the Windrush age and I god father to many of their Kids an grand kids."

Ask your Windrush friends about dual heritage. I doubt it's something relevant to you as a "born and bred" white Englishman

Reply privately

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan
41 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

"What do people mean by proud to be British? Any one who comes here and stays for 5yrs can claim a British passport. How does that make them British? I was born an bred in England, not Scotland,Wales,Ireland or any place in the world. So why on forms today do they have black British, Asia British,an so on. But not white British of better still English. Before anyone calls me Racist my bests friend are from the Windrush age and I god father to many of their Kids an grand kids."

Most forms I see do have 'White British' on. Then Irish, English, Welsh, Scottish, ginger etc.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Umm I've lived here for fourteen years and I can assure you that "five years to British passport" is not true. (There may be some narrow paths to it, but they're the exception, not the rule)

Reply privately

By *inkedKuntsCouple
41 weeks ago

Sheffield

What utter crap!! Never in my life have I seen a form that doesn't have White British on. We have friends who have applied for their British passport after living and working here (as Doctors, nurses, engineers, lawyers etc) for decades, it does not take 5 years, the best it can be done in is 10 years, in very rare circumstances. One thing that does not make you a proud brit is simply been born here, that's just luck.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"What do people mean by proud to be British? Any one who comes here and stays for 5yrs can claim a British passport. How does that make them British? I was born an bred in England, not Scotland,Wales,Ireland or any place in the world. So why on forms today do they have black British, Asia British,an so on. But not white British of better still English. Before anyone calls me Racist my bests friend are from the Windrush age and I god father to many of their Kids an grand kids.

What utter crap!! Never in my life have I seen a form that doesn't have White British on. We have friends who have applied for their British passport after living and working here (as Doctors, nurses, engineers, lawyers etc) for decades, it does not take 5 years, the best it can be done in is 10 years, in very rare circumstances. One thing that does not make you a proud brit is simply been born here, that's just luck. "

I spent ages wondering if I was white British or white other when looking at all those damn forms.

I decided I was white other. Yeah, most of my heritage is English, but only one of those lines was as recent as the 20th century.

Reply privately

By *entlemanrogueMan
41 weeks ago

Motherwell

Reading over these replies i am actually proud that people realise what a scam Britishness is.

Now if you could just stop voting Tory and help get rid of the crown, we might make some progress.

Reply privately

By *an123Man
41 weeks ago

Sittingbourne

I'm proud to be British because our royal family are the only space lizard royal family there is.Fills me with warm fuzzy delight.

Reply privately

By *ools and the brainCouple
41 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

It used to be our sense of humour but the woke cancel culture has spoilt this.

Reply privately

By *atelotmanMan
41 weeks ago

Chatham

I dont know about any forms you may have where you are living.

My local Council has never had white British on any form just British and the other parts black British. Asia British. why.

As for you not get getting a passport. My friends Vlad an his wife got their British passports 5 yrs a 1month after coming to England

Reply privately