Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sales

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
41 weeks ago

Are you drawn in by them?

Do you buy just because they’re in the sale or only if you were buying /looking anyway?

I’m bombarded by the ‘deals’ and I wonder if they’re actually any cheaper haha

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
41 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I quite often hold out for sales before buying something if it can wait.

It's usually easy to tell the difference between actual sales and the we just need to get the sales numbers up campaigns.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
41 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I find that adding things to my list and keeping an eye on prices helps filter out the genuine sales from the not much difference ones.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
41 weeks ago

Coventry

In one of my particular hobbies there are some great ones at the moment. Genuinely good, I keep an eye on prices across the year. Sadly I think as a result of though times and shrinking disposable incomes. Lots of items that a year or two ago would have flown off the shelves of retailers in the hobby have stayed on the shelves this year. Thus it's sell cheap to clear them. I guess people have to choose between gas and eating or frivolous indulgences these days. Must be a worry for the smaller independent retailers of the non essential.

As for me I've been so close to treating myself to these true bargains a couple of times. However I then think if it wasn't something I desperately needed enough to pay full price at the beginning of the year for, why do I need it now? The answer is if it's something I desperately wanted I would have paid full price to ensure I got my hands on one. So it's clearly something I don't need even at a great price. Like many in the past I would have snapped stuff that I like up despite not really needing if the price was right. However now with increasing pressure on my own budgets if I don't need it and desperately desire it I'll leave it even if the price good. If I weren't looking for it before I seen the sales page then clearly it's something I'm OK passing on by.

Mr

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I keep an eye on sales for things I'd otherwise be getting, and I do save money - but I try not to buy anything I otherwise wouldn't.

By (user no longer on site)
41 weeks ago

Sales put me off tbh. I don’t know why really, but I just think they make the item I wanted less desiresble.

41 weeks ago

I like sales yes but I only buy when I actually need something. I never just get something because it's on sale.

41 weeks ago

I buy anything I need for Christmas in the sales in January. Things I need for *next* Christmas, obvs!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
41 weeks ago

"I like sales yes but I only buy when I actually need something. I never just get something because it's on sale. "

That he problem I have haha if I see it cheaper I think ‘ooo maybe I do actually need it ‘

By *naswingdressWoman
41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I like sales yes but I only buy when I actually need something. I never just get something because it's on sale.

That he problem I have haha if I see it cheaper I think ‘ooo maybe I do actually need it ‘ "

That's what they're trying to get you to do - spend money you shouldn't on shit you don't need

Post new Message to Thread