Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How is it bloody possible

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
40 weeks ago

little house on the praire

To lose a set of keys from the front door to the car. We searched every inch of path round my house all through handbag and walker and absolutely no bloody sign of them

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
40 weeks ago

I empathise with you. Last week I walked in and less than two minutes later misplaced my mobile, glasses and keys.

I was in total panic and certain I’d left the glasses and mobile on the train. I searched all over and was nearing leaving to backtrace the path I took home, then suddenly I found all three items in the most obscure places. Hope you have success in do song your keys too.

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan
40 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

The best thing to do is keep checking the places that you think you left them. Sometimes going back 3 or 4 times. Just in case...well you know...they kind of appear.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

40 weeks ago

East Sussex

Is your car locked and did you open the boot?

By *ilthycoupleabzCouple
40 weeks ago

Aberdeen

Did you put any recycling etc out? Mine were in the bin the other day

MrsAbz

By *inaTitzTV/TS
40 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I blame aliens

By *layfullsamMan
40 weeks ago

Solihull

"To lose a set of keys from the front door to the car. We searched every inch of path round my house all through handbag and walker and absolutely no bloody sign of them"

Where did you put or drop them, they’ll be there.

No need to thank me

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
40 weeks ago

Bristol

Do you think she's still locked out?

Just sitting on her door step all glum

40 weeks ago

"To lose a set of keys from the front door to the car. We searched every inch of path round my house all through handbag and walker and absolutely no bloody sign of them"

Did you check you didn't leave the key in the lock, my housemate has done that before

By *imi_RougeWoman
40 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Hole in the lining of the bag/pocket? Have they slipped through? My friend had this happen once... Check the stitching.

By *xfordjohnMan
40 weeks ago

Oxford

Horrible! You have my sympathy. Sorry I haven't any bright ideas to find them.

By *MisschiefxTV/TS
40 weeks ago

London

I can lose something I'm holding

40 weeks ago

Literally walked from the front door to my mums car which was just outside and they have disappeared into thin air.

Panic over as mum had a spare key at home. But still no keys

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
40 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Did you open the boot ?

40 weeks ago

Did you look in your pocket?

40 weeks ago

"Did you open the boot ?"
No literally walked from front door and got in the car

40 weeks ago

"Did you look in your pocket?"
everywhere

40 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 14/12/23 17:54:32]

40 weeks ago

"Did you look in your pocket?everywhere

"

I’ve put keys in the fridge before so I empathise.

40 weeks ago

If it were me I'd check in the fridge once I got back in

40 weeks ago

"To lose a set of keys from the front door to the car. We searched every inch of path round my house all through handbag and walker and absolutely no bloody sign of them

I can lose something I'm holding"

Same...

40 weeks ago

"If it were me I'd check in the fridge once I got back in"
They can't be in the house as I locked the door with them

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
40 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"If it were me I'd check in the fridge once I got back inThey can't be in the house as I locked the door with them"

How did you get in the car without the keys ?

40 weeks ago

"If it were me I'd check in the fridge once I got back inThey can't be in the house as I locked the door with them

How did you get in the car without the keys ?"

It was my house keys and my mums car

40 weeks ago

Oh thats so annoying. Inonce lost my office keys, emptied my handbag out 3 times and nothing. On the fourth time they were magically there again. My guess was glitch in the matrix and they popped to another dimension for half hour.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
40 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Were you coming home and going from the car to the house OR going out from the house to the car ?

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
40 weeks ago

Bristol

"If it were me I'd check in the fridge once I got back inThey can't be in the house as I locked the door with them"

I know you have checked your handbag

But just check again, take everything out, look through every pocket.

It's likely you would have heard your keys hit the ground if you'd dropped them.

They're not on the roof of the car?

40 weeks ago

"Oh thats so annoying. Inonce lost my office keys, emptied my handbag out 3 times and nothing. On the fourth time they were magically there again. My guess was glitch in the matrix and they popped to another dimension for half hour."
I've emptied my handbag about 10 times. Searched the path but I would of heard them if I dropped them. It's a mystery

By *oodmessMan
40 weeks ago

yumsville

My car has auto opening as soon as I walk near it. I've lost key's before so I've tried opening it, if so, it means they are somewhere on you (no advice if this doesn't apply)

By *ilk_and_SilverCouple
40 weeks ago

Oxford

If you sat in the car before realising then try the gap between the seat and door. Pull the seat forward and check under it also.

40 weeks ago

"Were you coming home and going from the car to the house OR going out from the house to the car ?"
going out. I locked the door put(so I thought)keys in my purse in my bad. Walked to the car about 10 paces. Sat down. Checked my purse and they weren't there

40 weeks ago

"If you sat in the car before realising then try the gap between the seat and door. Pull the seat forward and check under it also. "
mum is going to go all through the car again tomorrow

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
40 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"Were you coming home and going from the car to the house OR going out from the house to the car ?going out. I locked the door put(so I thought)keys in my purse in my bad. Walked to the car about 10 paces. Sat down. Checked my purse and they weren't there"

So you were still outside when you 'put them in your bag '?

40 weeks ago

"Were you coming home and going from the car to the house OR going out from the house to the car ?going out. I locked the door put(so I thought)keys in my purse in my bad. Walked to the car about 10 paces. Sat down. Checked my purse and they weren't there

So you were still outside when you 'put them in your bag '?"

Just outside the door and we've checked all round there and further

By *oo..Woman
40 weeks ago

Boo's World

I done this once not long ago.

Left the house, locked the door

Unlocked my car, got in

Tried to start it and it said the key was missing so I couldn't switch my car on

Searched everywhere, couldn't find the key which I had to unlock it with.

Found mine stuck inside the door pocket, wedged right into the corner so it wasn't visible to see!

How the fuck it got stuck I don't know!

Took me hours to find it too

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
40 weeks ago

Bristol

"Were you coming home and going from the car to the house OR going out from the house to the car ?going out. I locked the door put(so I thought)keys in my purse in my bad. Walked to the car about 10 paces. Sat down. Checked my purse and they weren't there

So you were still outside when you 'put them in your bag '?Just outside the door and we've checked all round there and further "

Not hung up in a bush or something?

Obscured by some flowers/leaves?

40 weeks ago

So you were still outside when you 'put them in your bag '?Just outside the door and we've checked all round there and further

Not hung up in a bush or something?

Obscured by some flowers/leaves?"

no

40 weeks ago

"I done this once not long ago.

Unlocked my car, got in

Tried to start it and it said the key was missing so I couldn't switch my car on

Found mine stuck inside the door pocket, wedged right into the corner so it wasn't visible to see!

Took me hours to find it too "

mum's going to go all through the car again tomorrow

By *oo..Woman
40 weeks ago

Boo's World

"I done this once not long ago.

Unlocked my car, got in

Took me hours to find it too mum's going to go all through the car again tomorrow"

Also look in plants/plant pots if you have any. They easily hide keys too if dropped by them.

By *ullmanMan
40 weeks ago

hull

chances are someome has seen you drop them and picked them up and will come back later and take your car. Sorry but happens lots

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

40 weeks ago

East Sussex

I used to hook my car keys into my finger when I was putting the kids in the car. One day they literally disappeared off my finger.I used the spare as I couldn't find them anywhere. They'd slipped off my finger and got lodged between my seat cover thingy and seat back.

By *lueDressWoman
40 weeks ago

Bath

My partner is always losing something. Only once was something literally missing for good and that was like 10 years ago.. Last thing he lost was missing for four days. It was his car key. We found it underneath the sink in a bag of cloths.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
40 weeks ago

Reading

I put tiles on everything. Makes life so much easier.

40 weeks ago

"To lose a set of keys from the front door to the car. We searched every inch of path round my house all through handbag and walker and absolutely no bloody sign of them chances are someome has seen you drop them and picked them up and will come back later and take your car. Sorry but happens lots"
I don't have a car and the area I live in some is likely to push them through your letter box

I don't live in the bronx

By *obilebottomMan
40 weeks ago

All over

Inside coat pocket? O have dine that many times or shopping bag if you were holding any as have dropped them there before. Hope you gind them or might have to change the lock or at least the cylinder for safety. Good luck

40 weeks ago

Right had the car to bits. Retraced all my steps, relooked everywhere and still not to be seen

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

40 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Right had the car to bits. Retraced all my steps, relooked everywhere and still not to be seen"

Spooky!

They will probably turn up as soon as you get a new set cut. We lost a cat hair removal device. It turned up on the day we had a new one delivered

By *offiaCoolWoman
40 weeks ago

Kidsgrove

I thought I had a key once, it turned out there was a rip in the lining of my handbag that I had ready repeatedly searched. It had slipped into the lining space.

40 weeks ago

"Right had the car to bits. Retraced all my steps, relooked everywhere and still not to be seen

Spooky!

They will probably turn up as soon as you get a new set cut. We lost a cat hair removal device. It turned up on the day we had a new one delivered "

Yes. That's what I'm expecting to happen but it's a mystery

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

40 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Right had the car to bits. Retraced all my steps, relooked everywhere and still not to be seen

Spooky!

They will probably turn up as soon as you get a new set cut. We lost a cat hair removal device. It turned up on the day we had a new one delivered Yes. That's what I'm expecting to happen but it's a mystery"

You must let us all know when they do turn up. I'm invested now

40 weeks ago

Spooky!

They will probably turn up as soon as you get a new set cut. We lost a cat hair removal device. It turned up on the day we had a new one delivered Yes. That's what I'm expecting to happen but it's a mystery

You must let us all know when they do turn up. I'm invested now"

Maybe when the grass gets cut they will have been hiding there. But I will definetly let you know

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
40 weeks ago

Somewhere else

Hope you find them. This sort of thing happens to me… and it’s… not great x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

40 weeks ago

East Sussex

Spooky!

They will probably turn up as soon as you get a new set cut. We lost a cat hair removal device. It turned up on the day we had a new one delivered Yes. That's what I'm expecting to happen but it's a mystery

You must let us all know when they do turn up. I'm invested nowMaybe when the grass gets cut they will have been hiding there. But I will definetly let you know "

Mr N found his wedding ring after many years in a similar way.

By *itygamesMan
40 weeks ago

UK

underneath the car by any chance

By *innamon!Woman
40 weeks ago

no matter

Hanging on a branch perhaps caught somewhere , under the car , pocket ,bag . Ohh lordy let us know .

40 weeks ago

Alien abduction? Did you lose 2 hours or so between the house and the car? Just sayin’..

By *lubchuckerMan
40 weeks ago

Oxfordshire

Do you know anyone that has a metal detector ?

40 weeks ago

"Do you know anyone that has a metal detector ?"
No my sister did suggest that

40 weeks ago

"Hanging on a branch perhaps caught somewhere , under the car , pocket ,bag . Ohh lordy let us know . "
Have searched everywhere numerous times and nowhere to be seen

40 weeks ago

I thought that this was a male prerogative!

40 weeks ago

Sounds stupid but check the pockets.....

I did this once in a shop, I got my car keys and walked from the till to the car, the distance was about 20meters. I lost them, everyone was really helpful and looked, then I found them in an obscure pocket in my coat that I thought would be easy to get them with all the stuff in my hands ..... I completely forgot in those 10seconds....

Needless to say I felt like a right dick (shrug)

40 weeks ago

"To lose a set of keys from the front door to the car. We searched every inch of path round my house all through handbag and walker and absolutely no bloody sign of them

Sounds stupid but check the pockets.....

I did this once in a shop, I got my car keys and walked from the till to the car, the distance was about 20meters. I lost them, everyone was really helpful and looked, then I found them in an obscure pocket in my coat that I thought would be easy to get them with all the stuff in my hands ..... I completely forgot in those 10seconds....

Needless to say I felt like a right dick (shrug)"

Thanks. Checked all pockets and parts of handbag numerous times

By *ellhungvweMan
40 weeks ago

Cheltenham and London

OP I know it doesn’t help now but get your self an AirTag (or whatever works with your phone). They have saved me multiple times with lost keys etc.

By *olf and RedCouple
40 weeks ago

Nr Cardiff or at Chams Darlaston

I managed to leave my car keys in the bank years ago, by the time I tracked down where they were. They’d put them in their safe so I couldn’t get them back until the following day. Had to leave my car in town. Not sure how I didn’t get a parking ticket / nowadays I would have.

OP - hope you find them.

Red

By *BWLOVER1965Man
40 weeks ago

My Own Little World

Do this all the time car keys phone house keys always put them now on table in kitchen so I know where they are in Morning early starts

By *asino4Man
40 weeks ago

galway

check under seat of car and between front seats, down by the gear stick and hand break

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
40 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

TRUE KEY STORY

Daughter packing car to be driven to uni by me.

She had the flat keys on her finger on a ring while we packed the boot.

The keys just disappeared(oh yes they did )

We turned that car inside out. And the packing and everything and our pockets. No Keys.

We even searched the house knowing they couldn't be in there cos it was driving us mad.

We used my key ( to her new digs ) to cut her a new one and we set off.

Years later.............. I opened the boot and noticed a little silver 'thing' like a coin sticking out from uner a mini panel like thing that you wouldn't know had a gap under it, the bit at the very back of the boot at knee height.....

I twiddled with it and pulled it out ....

Tadaaaaaaaaa 'The Keys!'

Somehow , when she unknowingly dropped them, we must have shoved them under the car part joints as we searched.

No one would have even known there was a gap there.

40 weeks ago

"check under seat of car and between front seats, down by the gear stick and hand break"
Done

By *ir SupremacyMan
40 weeks ago

Bolton

Try underneath the car you may have dropped them and they slipped underneath it x

40 weeks ago

"TRUE KEY STORY

Daughter packing car to be driven to uni by me.

She had the flat keys on her finger on a ring while we packed the boot.

The keys just disappeared(oh yes they did )

We turned that car inside out. And the packing and everything and our pockets. No Keys.

We even searched the house knowing they couldn't be in there cos it was driving us mad.

We used my key ( to her new digs ) to cut her a new one and we set off.

Years later.............. I opened the boot and noticed a little silver 'thing' like a coin sticking out from uner a mini panel like thing that you wouldn't know had a gap under it, the bit at the very back of the boot at knee height.....

I twiddled with it and pulled it out ....

Tadaaaaaaaaa 'The Keys!'

Somehow , when she unknowingly dropped them, we must have shoved them under the car part joints as we searched.

No one would have even known there was a gap there. "

Thing is I only opened the door and sat in it

40 weeks ago

"Try underneath the car you may have dropped them and they slipped underneath it x"
Looked everywhere numerous times

By *icentiousCouple
40 weeks ago

Up on them there hills

Borrowers; they are such sneaky sods.I once spent minutes looking for my glasses before I found them hanging by one arm from my teeth.

40 weeks ago

During covid my wages were thrown over the wall at nite ,took ages to find the sealed bag. Put the bag on the dining table, had my meal and cleared up, later on couldnt find em ,they had stuck to bottom of hot plate, then fell into bin when l cleared plate, took 2 days to find luckily before bin was emptied.

By *untimes wantedMan
40 weeks ago

Huddersfield

Was you wearing a coat .If so check the pockets.I once lost mine did not realise the pocket had a hole in it and my keys had ended up in the lining of the coat.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
40 weeks ago

Central

I think the forum should have a whip round for you Diamond, for a trackable tag that goes on them. You deserve your wellbeing

38 weeks ago

THEYVE BEEN FOUND.

Went to my mums for lunch and put my handbag on the side. When I was ready to go opened my bag to put something in and there they where just sitting on top of my purse. Must of emptied that bag 20 times looking for them.

By *obilebottomMan
38 weeks ago

All over

"THEYVE BEEN FOUND.

Went to my mums for lunch and put my handbag on the side. When I was ready to go opened my bag to put something in and there they where just sitting on top of my purse. Must of emptied that bag 20 times looking for them."

Congratulations and jubilation, I want the world to know I am happy as cane be oh and a little tipsy

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
38 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

"THEYVE BEEN FOUND.

Went to my mums for lunch and put my handbag on the side. When I was ready to go opened my bag to put something in and there they where just sitting on top of my purse. Must of emptied that bag 20 times looking for them."

This is brilliant news! And kinda spooky.

J

38 weeks ago

"THEYVE BEEN FOUND.

Went to my mums for lunch and put my handbag on the side. When I was ready to go opened my bag to put something in and there they where just sitting on top of my purse. Must of emptied that bag 20 times looking for them.

This is brilliant news! And kinda spooky.Very spooky they where just sitting there on top of everything

J"

38 weeks ago

"THEYVE BEEN FOUND.

Congratulations and jubilation, I want the world to know I am happy as cane be oh and a little tipsy "

Where relying on you for the karaoke later

By *obilebottomMan
38 weeks ago

All over

"THEYVE BEEN FOUND.

Congratulations and jubilation, I want the world to know I am happy as cane be oh and a little tipsy Where relying on you for the karaoke later "

I will be doing edith piaf by then

38 weeks ago

Two weeks later!

Do you think you left them at your mum's and she found them some time ago, but was too embarrassed to say after all your searching and so snuck them in your hand bag today?

38 weeks ago

"Two weeks later!

Do you think you left them at your mum's and she found them some time ago, but was too embarrassed to say after all your searching and so snuck them in your hand bag today?"

No as hadn't been to my mums

By *inaTitzTV/TS
38 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm glad they've reappeared. No idea where they were for the last fortnight, though. Is your bag twinned with the Bermuda Triangle?

By *eavertrackerMan
38 weeks ago

bridgwater

I love a video controller for 6 months once

38 weeks ago

I think they must of been trapped and when my handbag was upside down it joltered them

By *ophieslutTV/TS
38 weeks ago

Central

I'm so happy that you found them and that it was an instant find now . Happy Christmas XXXX

38 weeks ago

"I'm so happy that you found them and that it was an instant find now . Happy Christmas XXXX"
Happy Christmas Sophie xx

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

38 weeks ago

East Sussex

Hooray!

By *ilfCrumpet9Man
38 weeks ago

Wirral

Couple of weeks ago got to work and got out of the car and couldn't find my phone. That horrible heart sinking moment that hits you was just horrible. Frantically searched everywhere but couldn't find it, finally gave up thinking I might have either left it at home or dropped it before I got in the car.

Came to lock the car and it was in my other hand lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

38 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Couple of weeks ago got to work and got out of the car and couldn't find my phone. That horrible heart sinking moment that hits you was just horrible. Frantically searched everywhere but couldn't find it, finally gave up thinking I might have either left it at home or dropped it before I got in the car.

Came to lock the car and it was in my other hand lol "

I've spent time looking for my phone while I'm talking on it

38 weeks ago

"Hooray! "
Thought you would be pleased to know

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

38 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Hooray! Thought you would be pleased to know "

I am! I hoped they would turn up

By *xposedInTheMaleMan
38 weeks ago

Cap d'Agde

Maybe Santa brought them back?

By *iseekingbiCouple
38 weeks ago

N ireland and West Midlands

This was the best mystery/thriller we've seen for ages. Better than most of the dramas on tv. And it a happy ending too. Bloody hate losing things

By *mf123Man
38 weeks ago

with one foot out the door

Patience is keys

By *xposedInTheMaleMan
38 weeks ago

Cap d'Agde

"Patience is keys"

*groan*