Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Circumcision

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
41 weeks ago

Of the Male variety. Is it acceptable to circumcise males on the basis of religious or doctrine beliefs or is it MGM?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouple4voyeurCouple
41 weeks ago

Birmingham

For religious purposes, NO

By *hrimper36Couple
41 weeks ago

Central France dept 36

Medical purposes yes.

Imho.

T

41 weeks ago

"Medical purposes yes.

Imho.

T"

On side with that obviously but for non medical issues should it be banned as a form of mutilation?

By *hrimper36Couple
41 weeks ago

Central France dept 36

"Medical purposes yes.

Imho.

T

On side with that obviously but for non medical issues should it be banned as a form of mutilation?"

I have no religious beliefs so from a personal point of view I would not and have not had any of my three boys top knot cut off but I respect people who need religious beliefs to follow their hearts.

Had mine cut off 40 years ago and the only faintly religious thing was when I said “ oh god” when I saw my knob head.

T

By *agerMorganMan
41 weeks ago

Canvey Island

Medical purposes, yes.

Religious or other beliefs, no.

And I say that as a circumcised guy, it really makes everything ultra sensitive and not in a good way.

By *alandNitaCouple
41 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"Of the Male variety. Is it acceptable to circumcise males on the basis of religious or doctrine beliefs or is it MGM?"

For me, I don't see circumcision as any different to FGM, it should only be done for legitimate medical reasons.

Unfortunately, the chances of banning it as a cultural practice are none existent.

Cal

By (user no longer on site)
41 weeks ago

It’s genital mutilation and the fact it still goes on is bizarre to me

It’s mad that a leading reason boys get it in American is because they don’t want their kid to be the odd one out.

Chopping parts off healthy babies to fit in with a fad

41 weeks ago

"Of the Male variety. Is it acceptable to circumcise males on the basis of religious or doctrine beliefs or is it MGM?

For me, I don't see circumcision as any different to FGM, it should only be done for legitimate medical reasons.

Unfortunately, the chances of banning it as a cultural practice are none existent.

Cal"

I read an article in the Lancet that said on average 300 circumcisions take place in the UK every day by non medical people and very little regulation apart from a religious organisation.

By *ambertMan
41 weeks ago

Cheltenham

For medical yes. Any other reasons no.

I had to get it done a few years ago due to medical reasons. One of the worst things I ever had to go through, and has left its own set of issues.

Post new Message to Thread