Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Wink or not to wink..

Jump to newest

By *lowhands7 OP   Man
41 weeks ago

South Leicestershire / Burton on Trent

The wink function on here seems to be a very marmite choice, you either like it or you don't. I personally like it, one person winks, another winks back to signify interest, then originator follows up with a message. Other views?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *urbsMan
41 weeks ago

Colchester/Ipswich

I agree with you

By *a1970Man
41 weeks ago

East cork

It's another tool and it's a nice way of breaking the ice

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

41 weeks ago

East Sussex

Yeah we like it too, it gives an opportunity to say 'here I am'. Mind you when we wink back a high percentage of people ignore it

By *ouple24669Couple
41 weeks ago

Aberdeen

If people have read our profile and are genuinely interested in us then ok but we’ve found the majority of the time we get a wink….we respond saying “hi thanks for the wink let’s chat, swap pics etc etc”……the message gets read……then nothing. Just ignored.

So seems like people throwing out winks to loads of people then only when a response comes do they even look at the profile. This has happened so often now we just ignore winks.

By (user no longer on site)
41 weeks ago

I wish more women and couples were board with the wink feature. Its a nice tool to break the ice with little effort.

I've read profiles, put a lot of effort into a message only for it to get deleted without even being read! Puts me off putting in that effort again.

By *lowhands7 OP   Man
41 weeks ago

"Yeah we like it too, it gives an opportunity to say 'here I am'. Mind you when we wink back a high percentage of people ignore it "

Yes I agree, lots do ignore them. Many see them as a lazy way to make contact which is a shame.

By *lowhands7 OP   Man
41 weeks ago

"If people have read our profile and are genuinely interested in us then ok but we’ve found the majority of the time we get a wink….we respond saying “hi thanks for the wink let’s chat, swap pics etc etc”……the message gets read……then nothing. Just ignored.

So seems like people throwing out winks to loads of people then only when a response comes do they even look at the profile. This has happened so often now we just ignore winks. "

That's a shame that your response is simply ignored, I can understand why you have chosen not to bother since. I am totally understading why so many don't bother

By *ouple24669Couple
41 weeks ago

Aberdeen

"If people have read our profile and are genuinely interested in us then ok but we’ve found the majority of the time we get a wink….we respond saying “hi thanks for the wink let’s chat, swap pics etc etc”……the message gets read……then nothing. Just ignored.

So seems like people throwing out winks to loads of people then only when a response comes do they even look at the profile. This has happened so often now we just ignore winks.

That's a shame that your response is simply ignored, I can understand why you have chosen not to bother since. I am totally understading why so many don't bother "

Even without this happening we do think it’s a lazy way to contact someone.

Think about it….your goal if you wanted to meet a couple is to have sex with them. From our perspective if you can’t even be bothered to send a few sentences of a message why would we interact with you?

It’s not much effort to put in considering what you are looking for in return is it?

We can’t speak for other couples but we will definitely consider guys way way more if they have made an effort.

By *un searchingCouple
41 weeks ago

Nantwich

I like to wink on interesting people For me its like when someone wink me back im more open to send msg x

By *hunky GentMan
41 weeks ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"I like to wink on interesting people For me its like when someone wink me back im more open to send msg x "

Amen to that.

By *weet and SpiceCouple
41 weeks ago

Around the Midlands

"I like to wink on interesting people For me its like when someone wink me back im more open to send msg x "

We are the same and also await a message if someone winks us and we wink back (which doesn't always seem to happen!)

By *otsossieMan
41 weeks ago

Chesterfield

I like a wink

By *hunky GentMan
41 weeks ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Getting a wink is a good sign to start a conversation.

I don't like sending out lots of messages - women and couples get enough pests already

41 weeks ago

I like to use a wink as an icebreaker (rarely reciprocated though)

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
41 weeks ago

Leeds

I like a wink, it's a good icebreaker however it's annoying when you return a wink and there's no follow up.

But we've had some good meets that started with a wink.

Mrs

41 weeks ago

I find more women wink me than I do women. I don't respond to any of them. I find them lazy, on both accounts.

41 weeks ago

If you can't be arsed to message. Don't even bother with a wink.

41 weeks ago

Leeds

"If you can't be arsed to message. Don't even bother with a wink. "

Does a message come with a reply boob pic though? If not I'm out.

Mrs

41 weeks ago

"If you can't be arsed to message. Don't even bother with a wink.

Mrs "

Only if they ask nicely.

41 weeks ago

Leeds

Mrs

Only if they ask nicely."

Fuck....ok....ERM.... thinking of niceties....be right back!

Mrs

By *hunky GentMan
41 weeks ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"If you can't be arsed to message. Don't even bother with a wink. "

I'll have to wait until I'm 96 then.

By *inkedKuntsCouple
41 weeks ago

Sheffield

Mrs

Only if they ask nicely.

Mrs "

niceties or nicetities? Not to distract the thought process obvs!

41 weeks ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 12/12/23 12:24:42]

41 weeks ago

Leeds

Mrs

Only if they ask nicely.

Mrs

niceties or nicetities? Not to distract the thought process obvs! "

Both

I'm working on it

Mrs

41 weeks ago

I personally like the wink function. Absolutely not using it as a way of being lazy though, and I’ll always read the profile to make sure they haven’t mentioned their dislike on winking. For me it’s a sign of initial attraction and also hope that it would get noticed over a message. Most women on here need a PA for their message inbox, so wouldn’t want a message I’ve spent time on getting lost lol

By *eroLondonMan
41 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Like" has very little bearing or whatever penchant you may have for it. How useful they are is anyone's guess.

I personally find them pointless and superfluous. I rarely check my winks and I never send them. I suspect (and hope) they are more useful to couples to gauge an interest, but I wouldn't know...

How useful are they for single men? Probably as much use as tits on a fish. I've seen a few women's profiles where they've had 250+ winks languishing in their inbox, looking lost and forgotten like abandoned children in an orphanage.

By *obilebottomMan
41 weeks ago

All over

I like winks. Only issue is I don't always notice them quickly enough. There are also sily scenarios of someone winking and then you go to lool at profile and profile is hidden or worse you are blocked, probably for not winking back instantaneously. Still like them though. Go on then, wink away.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
41 weeks ago

Central

I think it's a great tool to have. Read the profile to ensure that they don't state not to bother with them.

For single men they can help you to avoid messaging fatigue and mental health knocks.

By *ormalfornorfolkMan
41 weeks ago

Norwich

Winks are cool with me. It can also be a gentle reminder if you’re supposed to be messaging someone back.

41 weeks ago

It’s a great idea, But sone people don’t think it is. Go figure.

Post new Message to Thread