Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I'm so pissed off I could cry.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
41 weeks ago

Ever get that?

I've waited weeks for something, and the day finally comes, and then it doesn't happen. And I have so much hinged on this thing, it's really important. I've just had to make it very clear to someone that I want an explanation as to why it hasn't happened. But I could cry. I'm promised a call about it by 10am tomorrow. What's the vetting they don't do that either. Talk about anticlimactic, disappointed isn't the word.

I hate relying on other people, are you good at it???

I think I'm shockingly shit at it. I have no faith in people or departments these days.

I feel like the older I've got the less people do their thing that they should be doing. Anyone else agree?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
41 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

It's the hope that kills you

By (user no longer on site)
41 weeks ago

Can't say I have to be honest.

More context required though x

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
41 weeks ago

Somewhere else

"Ever get that?

I've waited weeks for something, and the day finally comes, and then it doesn't happen. And I have so much hinged on this thing, it's really important. I've just had to make it very clear to someone that I want an explanation as to why it hasn't happened. But I could cry. I'm promised a call about it by 10am tomorrow. What's the vetting they don't do that either. Talk about anticlimactic, disappointed isn't the word.

I think I'm shockingly shit at it. I have no faith in people or departments these days.

I feel like the older I've got the less people do their thing that they should be doing. Anyone else agree? "

Yes. And it’s devastating.

By *midnight-Woman
41 weeks ago

Hope and optimism do indeed kick you when you are down.

People are unable to take accountability for their actions or do self reflection.. So they never 'realise' when they have crossed a line

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

41 weeks ago

East Sussex

"

I feel like the older I've got the less people do their thing that they should be doing. Anyone else agree? "

Yes, wholeheartedly!

I now expect that people won't do as they've said and when they do I almost believe I've had exceptional service when in reality someone has just done what was expected of them.

41 weeks ago

I don’t do/like relying on others, they almost inevitably let you down. I learned very early in my youth to only rely on myself to get shit done.

41 weeks ago

"

I feel like the older I've got the less people do their thing that they should be doing. Anyone else agree?

Yes, wholeheartedly!

I now expect that people won't do as they've said and when they do I almost believe I've had exceptional service when in reality someone has just done what was expected of them.

"

Exactly this!!

41 weeks ago

"I don’t do/like relying on others, they almost inevitably let you down. I learned very early in my youth to only rely on myself to get shit done."

I'm like that to the point where I get massively bollocked for not accepting help.

But this thing I can't actually do myself. So I have to rely on someone else. And I hate that.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
41 weeks ago

chichester

I never expect people to do what they say to start with .. so anything other than that is a bonus is how I see it ..

plus I always factor in back up methods if applicable

41 weeks ago

"It's the hope that kills you "

And thanks Prey. With that in mind, I could cry daily.

41 weeks ago

"I never expect people to do what they say to start with .. so anything other than that is a bonus is how I see it ..

plus I always factor in back up methods if applicable "

I'd bankrupt myself going for the alternative but at this point I'd do it.

By *odevilWoman
41 weeks ago

exeter

"Ever get that?

Oh completely agree. Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who does things properly.

Then I end up doing EVERYTHING myself because it's just easier/better and people still manage to be lame with the tiny bit they were responsible for.

I'm sorry you've been let down. It sucks.

By *empest2KMan
41 weeks ago

Derby

"It's the hope that kills you "

I managed to get around that issue by not even hoping

I now resort to ‘meh, it's their loss’ and move on, which seems to be a very popular option for me

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
41 weeks ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

I think i just don't let myself get excited about anything nowadays to save the disappointment

Tinder

By *ensuallover1000Man
41 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

One sad and highly cynical thing I have learnt in life; relying on others invariably leads to bitter disappointment

41 weeks ago

I've learnt through life not to rely on others after the constant let downs. I hate waiting around for others, putting a decision in someone else's hands or asking anyone for help with anything. There's one person that never let's me down and that's me.

41 weeks ago

The problem is people say whatever they want to get a result.

Be that a builder…I’ll be there tomorrow at…

Be that some people at work….i will get back to you by…..

All sorts.

If you mean on a personal level game playing and ghosting are the worse. You can get back to me at any time but I guarantee I won’t be here. That’s my response.

People forget that feelings and emotions and time are involved

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
41 weeks ago

North West

I'm sorry that you've been disappointed.

Relying on others is annoying & tiring, especially when they don't do what they said when they said they would.

I hope this works out for you OP.

By *issmorganWoman
41 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I hate when people promise things then it never happens.

I feel less people seem to stick to their word these days and I can totally see why it's frustrating for you.

I kind of expect the worst and hope for the best these days.

41 weeks ago

"Ever get that?

Had a gf told her pick up at 7 event started 8 .was 40 min drive was not ready to 7.50 nope she had to go .another with her same thing

Sad

By *rigbyMan
41 weeks ago

Skelmersdale

Looked at this thread by accident but it rings the truest ive seen.

Sometimes people deserve to burn in hell for their actions that cause so much heartache and misery

Seems like the ones that cause the pain rarely get to experience the real trauma they cause

41 weeks ago

Hope is on you, expectation is on them.

One is you hurting you, the other is learning someone will hurt you.

By *red333Man
41 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Ever get that?

nope I'm very reliable if i say I'm coming i come

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
41 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I feel like the older I've got the less people do their thing that they should be doing. Anyone else agree?"

I know, right? My Christmas tree was supposed to be delivered today. Is it here? Is it fuck. Can’t rely on anyone.

41 weeks ago

"The problem is people say whatever they want to get a result.

Be that a builder…I’ll be there tomorrow at…

Be that some people at work….i will get back to you by…..

All sorts.

If you mean on a personal level game playing and ghosting are the worse. You can get back to me at any time but I guarantee I won’t be here. That’s my response.

People forget that feelings and emotions and time are involved "

By *ohntall123Man
41 weeks ago

hitchin

"Ever get that?

Always find it hard Relying on people , I’ve learnt know one is like you how they work and do things , it’s normally at their own pace . Deep breath , hope you feel better later

By *inaTitzTV/TS
41 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

It's horrible when stuff like this happens. It knocks all of the wind from your sails.

By *ddie1966Man
41 weeks ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

My job inevitable means I let people down.

And you know what? I feel absolutely crap (other word intended there) about it. It burns away a little part of my professionalism every time it happens.

Now, I simply don't make any promises. If the customer asks for a firm date, I refer them to my call desk and throw it back up the chain of command.

But I always, always give 100% for the customer.

I'm sorry yours didn't.

Post new Message to Thread