Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

— Are You An Insomniac ? —

Jump to newest

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

Are you? Is it seldom or is it chronic? How do you cope and how do you manage it?

Have you accepted it by going to bed much later than you would, or do you stick to your routine and just lie awake in the darkness with your racing thoughts keeping you 'amused'?

This isn't about me, nor am I asking for a friend.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
42 weeks ago

"Are you? Is it seldom or is it chronic? How do you cope and how do you manage it?

Have you accepted it by going to bed much later than you would, or do you stick to your routine and just lie awake in the darkness with your racing thoughts keeping you 'amused'?

This isn't about me, nor am I asking for a friend."

I'm not an insomniac....

But I do very much like Insomniac games !!!

Spider man 2, Ratchet and Clank are banging games !

42 weeks ago

I have bouts of it occasionally.

Usually triggered by financial stresses, or worry for my little one.

I tend to either binge watch box set telly, or fire up my PC flight simulator. They both pass the night away.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
42 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I have patches of it.

Not sleeping much of late. But it'll come back soon enough

By *carlet SeductionWoman
42 weeks ago

Maidstone

Since I've become of a certain age I have been waking at 2 or 3 am and struggling to get back to sleep. No real reason for it as it's not because I need the loo or I've got stuff going on that's playing on my mind, I'm just wide awake. I've accepted this is how it's going to be for a while. I just have less sleep on those days. It's annoying as I wish the swimming pool was open at that time, I'd go then instead of at 6.30, and have an hours sleep when I get home!

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

"I have bouts of it occasionally.

I tend to either binge watch box set telly, or fire up my PC flight simulator. They both pass the night away. "

Thank you, Mr Wick.

42 weeks ago

"I have bouts of it occasionally.

I tend to either binge watch box set telly, or fire up my PC flight simulator. They both pass the night away.

Thank you, Mr Wick. "

I used to lie/sit there thinking that sleep will come soon, only for it not to.

Keeping busy takes the annoyance of being awake, away from my mind, and sometimes lets the sleep creep up on me.

By *GermanInLondonMan
42 weeks ago

London

I wake up way too early or would just lay awake if I go to bed early. So usually stay up quite late.

Used to working as well in the late hours when it is quiet. Now mostly on fab when bored late or binge watching/listening to music.

It's difficult for me to find the right time to go to sleep.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
42 weeks ago

Next Door

I've never been good at sleeping, especially getting off to sleep. and have to take meds at night so I can sleep. I still have the odd night I don't get off very easy or don't sleep at all.

For the past few weeks, Im awaking up around 4am and mot being able to get back to sleep.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
42 weeks ago

Next Door

"Since I've become of a certain age I have been waking at 2 or 3 am and struggling to get back to sleep. No real reason for it as it's not because I need the loo or I've got stuff going on that's playing on my mind, I'm just wide awake. I've accepted this is how it's going to be for a while. I just have less sleep on those days. It's annoying as I wish the swimming pool was open at that time, I'd go then instead of at 6.30, and have an hours sleep when I get home!"

Is it menopause by any chance? Peri made sleeping worst

By *oodmessMan
42 weeks ago

yumsville

I watch youtube: watch repairs, machine lathing and engineering usually send me off, otherwise I don't get to sleep that quickly.

By *carlet SeductionWoman
42 weeks ago

Maidstone

"

Is it menopause by any chance? Peri made sleeping worst "

Yes I believe it must be - the things we go through, eh?

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

"

Is it menopause by any chance? Peri made sleeping worst

·

Yes I believe it must be - the things we go through, eh? "

That confounded menopause!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
42 weeks ago

little house on the praire

Yes. I've been an insomniac for many years. I just try and sleep when I can

By *rHotNottsMan
42 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"

Im confused then, did a previous thread get you thinking ? Is it a follow-up to a thread about Duvets? Were you talking to a good friend about this earlier or are you just musing ?

Im not. Put me on a soft pillow I’m out in less than a minute. Stroke my head it’s under 30 seconds. Have a party in the bedroom - you won’t disturb me in the slightest.

By *iTheBookMan
42 weeks ago

Abingdon

[Removed by poster at 07/12/23 15:22:47]

By *iTheBookMan
42 weeks ago

Abingdon

I have bouts of it, have done for years (and by years I’m taking since I was in my teens)

I’ve learnt to live with it and use that time to catch up on reading and various geeky activities that I don’t get to when the rest of the household is awake.

By *iTheBookMan
42 weeks ago

Abingdon

"Are you? Is it seldom or is it chronic? How do you cope and how do you manage it?

I'm not an insomniac....

But I do very much like Insomniac games !!!

Spider man 2, Ratchet and Clank are banging games ! "

Fabulous choice of games there

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

"I have patches of it.

Not sleeping much of late. But it'll come back soon enough "

Let's hope your slumber returns!

By *o scandalousWoman
42 weeks ago

Glasgow

I am an insomniac. I cope on broken sleep of around 4 hours on a good night. When I wake I get up, have a drink of water, go for a pee, then go back to bed and try to get back to sleep again. It’s hell but I get by.

By *ellhungvweMan
42 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I am not an insomniac but worrying about that has started to keep me awake at night

By *odevilWoman
42 weeks ago

exeter

I have chronic insomnia.

Or in fact, I just think I'm meant to be nocturnal.

I try to have a good bedtime routine (though it requires a good deal of effort to stick to and frequently slips).

I have the sunrise/sunset simulating clock, a weighted blanket, listen to nature sounds or relaxing music, have special drinks to unwind, lavender oil slathered everywhere, practice yoga...

Basically, I've tried everything and will continue to do so.

Eventually, I experience an episode of mania and pass out from exhaustion.

Lather, rinse, repeat...

By *ools and the brainCouple
42 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Have been since early teens, I'll go days on an hour or two sleep then maybe two or three days of 12hr plus sleeping then back to hardly any for a couple of weeks.

I will regularly be sitting up till two three in the morning watching TV then up for work at 5:30.

You just learn to adapt and deal with it.

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

"I wake up way too early or would just lay awake if I go to bed early. So usually stay up quite late.

Used to working as well in the late hours when it is quiet. Now mostly on fab when bored late or binge watching/listening to music.

It's difficult for me to find the right time to go to sleep.

"

You should spread and effuse a little joy on the nightly Nocturnal Thread.

By *midnight-Woman
42 weeks ago

I struggle to get to sleep and struggle to stay asleep

I used to get 3-5 hours (broken sleep) per night

Now I'd say i get 5 hours (broken sleep) per night... But i have to make myself ho to bed at midnight else I'd easily be up until 3am every night

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

"I've never been good at sleeping, especially getting off to sleep. and have to take meds at night so I can sleep. I still have the odd night I don't get off very easy or don't sleep at all.

For the past few weeks, I'm awaking up around 4am and mot being able to get back to sleep. "

Have you been prescribed specific medications for this, or just off-the-shelf?

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
42 weeks ago

Next Door

"I've never been good at sleeping, especially getting off to sleep. and have to take meds at night so I can sleep. I still have the odd night I don't get off very easy or don't sleep at all.

For the past few weeks, I'm awaking up around 4am and mot being able to get back to sleep.

Have you been prescribed specific medications for this, or just off-the-shelf?"

It's prescribed medication, I've been on them for many years. I Want to stop taking them, so slowly decreasing the amount. Thankfully they aren't addictive like lots of meds

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

"

Im confused then, did a previous thread get you thinking ? Is it a follow-up to a thread about Duvets? Were you talking to a good friend about this earlier or are you just musing ?

Im not. Put me on a soft pillow I’m out in less than a minute. Stroke my head it’s under 30 seconds. Have a party in the bedroom - you won’t disturb me in the slightest."

For a laconic fellow you ask far too many questions.

42 weeks ago

I've just woke up from managing to get to sleep from 11.30am, although I'm glad to actually fall asleep as I've had 5 hours in 6 days .....I'm fucked still as I'll be awake all night

Insomnia is a bitca that can go do one

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

"I am not an insomniac but worrying about that has started to keep me awake at night "

Surely the peace and tranquility of The Cotswolds must have a soporific effect over you? Zzzzz....

By *ora the explorerWoman
42 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

I couldn’t think of anything worse. I’m a dragon without my 8 hours. Really feel for those who struggle sleeping.

By *orny-DJMan
42 weeks ago

Leigh-on-Sea

I've suffered with insomnia for around 30 years.

Been much better more recently though

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

"I have chronic insomnia.

Or in fact, I just think I'm meant to be nocturnal.

I try to have a good bedtime routine (though it requires a good deal of effort to stick to and frequently slips).

I have the sunrise/sunset simulating clock, a weighted blanket, listen to nature sounds or relaxing music, have special drinks to unwind, lavender oil slathered everywhere, practice yoga...

Basically, I've tried everything and will continue to do so.

Eventually, I experience an episode of mania and pass out from exhaustion.

Lather, rinse, repeat..."

I'm really sorry to hear this but thank you for your invaluable input. I would like to ask more...

42 weeks ago

I've been an insomniac most of my life. I've tried many medications over the years and they only seem to work briefly before I'm back to square one. The only thing I've found that has worked long term is a bit of 420 before bed so I'm going to try to get a prescription as i have a couple of qualifying conditions (it's been legal for medical use since 2018 in the UK). If my GP won't prescribe it there's plenty of private clinics that will.

MrWho.

By *astDesireMan
42 weeks ago

Blighted with random spates of itnover the last few years.

It's typically stress related though sometimes comes out of nowhere, last a couple of weeks then fades. I hate it and struggle to function when it comes.

I have found since I've been drinking less strong coffee, it's not been as bad.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
42 weeks ago

kent

I used to suffer with chronic slow sleep. I beat it, and now I sleep fine. But it wasn’t easy Xx

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

"I've been an insomniac most of my life. I've tried many medications over the years and they only seem to work briefly before I'm back to square one. The only thing I've found that has worked long term is a bit of 420 before bed so I'm going to try to get a prescription as i have a couple of qualifying conditions (it's been legal for medical use since 2018 in the UK). If my GP won't prescribe it there's plenty of private clinics that will.

MrWho. "

I suppose what's-her-face keeps you awake with her incessant snoring. My dear fellow you really need to move her into the attic (or cellar). She's a liability.

42 weeks ago

"I've been an insomniac most of my life. I've tried many medications over the years and they only seem to work briefly before I'm back to square one. The only thing I've found that has worked long term is a bit of 420 before bed so I'm going to try to get a prescription as i have a couple of qualifying conditions (it's been legal for medical use since 2018 in the UK). If my GP won't prescribe it there's plenty of private clinics that will.

MrWho.

I suppose what's-her-face keeps you awake with her incessant snoring. My dear fellow you really need to move her into the attic (or cellar). She's a liability. "

It's actually her hairy feet that keep me awake. They tickle my knees!

MrWho.

By *ellinever70Woman
42 weeks ago

Ayrshire

No. I sleep fairly well and have pretty good sleep hygiene which I think helps

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

·

I used to suffer with chronic slow sleep. I beat it, and now I sleep fine. But it wasn’t easy Xx"

This is lovely to read, George.

By *ussex21Man
42 weeks ago

Crowborough

I've comes had trouble sleeping recently, but I haven't had a great year so just end up wide awake with loads of thoughts to think about.

Cope by cutting out any caffeine by 6pm and try not to use computer or phone too much before bed.

42 weeks ago

I go through phases of insomnia.

For me it’s a simple case of I need to tire out my body and my brain to sleep.

If I don’t I won’t.

By *odgers and PartingCouple
42 weeks ago

edinburgh

Never been a sleeper, drives me up the wall.

I can be shattered to the point of getting clumsy then as soon as my head hits the pillow “ping” shopping lists, to do lists, things I forgot, things I did , things I shouldn’t have done lists. Tried writing it down to get it all out my mind but seems there’s waaay too much to think about, I’m literally all in the head.

That’s why fabs fun it’s the total opposite, it’s about the physical (most of the time).

Used to it now but still gets to me sometimes.

P x

42 weeks ago

"I am an insomniac. I cope on broken sleep of around 4 hours on a good night. When I wake I get up, have a drink of water, go for a pee, then go back to bed and try to get back to sleep again. It’s hell but I get by."

This is me

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
42 weeks ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

I run on about 3-4 hours sleep a night if I'm lucky, and then I'll have a crash and fall asleep the minute I sit down and then back to the tiny amount of sleep. It's exhausting at times but you just have to get on with it

Tinder

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

"I run on about 3-4 hours sleep a night if I'm lucky, and then I'll have a crash and fall asleep the minute I sit down and then back to the tiny amount of sleep. It's exhausting at times but you just have to get on with it

Tinder "

I bet you've got your own "nap room" in your store. Don't deny it.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
42 weeks ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"I run on about 3-4 hours sleep a night if I'm lucky, and then I'll have a crash and fall asleep the minute I sit down and then back to the tiny amount of sleep. It's exhausting at times but you just have to get on with it

Tinder

I bet you've got your own "nap room" in your store. Don't deny it."

Nope, but we do have a rather luxurious couch we can laze on in our break room

Tinder

By *ools and the brainCouple
42 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Awake

42 weeks ago

Today Matthew, I’m going to be knackered.

By *partansword78Man
42 weeks ago

Glasgow

think iv`e resigned to the fact i`ll never be able to hold down a proper sleeping routine. I could be yawning my face off all evening but once it gets to around 11-12 at night i`m wide awake again.

By *andadbodMan
42 weeks ago

Liverpool

Have been for over 5 years now, just learned to accept the fact that my brain overthinks too much and won’t rest long enough for me to have a decent nights sleep.

Only manage between 4 and 5 hours broken sleep.

42 weeks ago

I am no matter what time I go to bed I wake up at 3am largely due my previous job, not nice as not a lot happen then

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Today Matthew, I’m going to be knackered. "

Was this a one off, Wôôdy? Or are you a chronic insomniac?

By *uby StarCouple
42 weeks ago

Durham

No I'm not. On the whole I sleep well, other then when I have worries, then I wake up in the middle of the night worrying.

Thankfully I'm more of a nymphomaniac than an in insomniac

By *eroLondon OP   Man
42 weeks ago

Mayfair

"No I'm not. On the whole I sleep well, other then when I have worries, then I wake up in the middle of the night worrying.

Thankfully I'm more of a nymphomaniac than an in insomniac "

Noted. For future reference/opportunities.

42 weeks ago

"Today Matthew, I’m going to be knackered.

Was this a one off, Wôôdy? Or are you a chronic insomniac?"

I’ve not have a night like this for a long long time. I used to be awful, a few hours sleep and then broken naps for a few hours and I wake around 2-3 am. I suffered insomnia for years. And That was just like last night.

I know why, I’ve got a cluttered mind of things that aren’t sorted out.

I just hope it is a one off. Sleep is important.

42 weeks ago

Chronic

Since I was a toddler, so I've long given up trying to find a cure

Thankfully I seem to function OK on little sleep

By *uby StarCouple
42 weeks ago

Durham

"No I'm not. On the whole I sleep well, other then when I have worries, then I wake up in the middle of the night worrying.

Thankfully I'm more of a nymphomaniac than an in insomniac

Noted. For future reference/opportunities. "

By *moothpussyMan
42 weeks ago

Glasgow

MrWho. "

Your GP will NOT prescribe it. They must me on the specialist prescriber register. Your best bet is a private clinic.

Post new Message to Thread