Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

To waffle, or not to waffle...

Jump to newest

By *eli OP   Woman
42 weeks ago

When it comes to Fab, whether it's fora posting or messaging - how would you describe your communication style?

Are you prone to using a thousand words in a post when ten would suffice? Or is short and succinct more your style?

Do you enjoy messaging people regularly or are you a sporadic sort?

What style of communication isn't compatible with you/makes your eyes roll?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aitonelMan
42 weeks ago

Liverpool

Both

By (user no longer on site)
42 weeks ago

I am just me I post what’s on my mind about the subject had hand or what first pops In to my mind about the subjects

Sometimes it can be long sometimes it can’t

I never do anything by hafe messers I always put effort in the things

42 weeks ago

"When it comes to Fab, whether it's fora posting or messaging - how would you describe your communication style?

Are you prone to using a thousand words in a post when ten would suffice? Or is short and succinct more your style?

What style of communication isn't compatible with you/makes your eyes roll?"

With maple syrup

42 weeks ago

"When it comes to Fab, whether it's fora posting or messaging - how would you describe your communication style?

Depends on whom I chose to converse with. Some messages are worthy of going in the bin.

By *oeBeansMan
42 weeks ago

Derby

I waffle to know end in general. I'm not sure why but it's almost like I can't let anything get lost in translation so try to specify each and every little bit about my point. The problem though is that by typing more out, I probably end up confusing the hell out of them even more

By *reeSpiritElleWoman
42 weeks ago

Miles of beautiful golden sand, Dorset

I try to be succinct in as few words as possible, but sometimes it's not enough...sometimes you need to add those extra ten sentences to give it credibility.

By *affeine DuskMan
42 weeks ago

Caerphilly

...oh my blessed eyes, a Meli waffle thread

Honestly, I go like for like. I'm aware, like you, that I can go off at a moment's notice because I bloody love flinging the words around, and I bloody love having the words flung at me

But it's situational. Can't really chew the literary scenery one-sided, y'know?

By *midnight-Woman
42 weeks ago

I wish I'd waffled when I've done a one word response..... and I wish I'd done one word when I've waffled

So in summary i have a lot of regrets - but no regrets around waffles

By *iddlesticksMan
42 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

I’m definitely a waffler both in the fabulous world of fab, and in the frightening existence of real life.

My mantra should be

Get on with it man.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
42 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

Um. Yes?

Sometimes I waffle and word vomit, sometimes I keep it short and succinct. It comes down to topic and mood and context.

As for communication, varies. Sometimes I'll be reaching out constantly, Sometimes I'll be silent for months. That one usually comes with some guilt and a reluctance to reach out when the mood hits because I worry they're going to think I'm a flake.

I don't need to hear from someone every day to know they're thinking of me or that I matter to them. If someone is Sometimes a but needy and repeat messages because I didn't respond it doesn't bother me if I know they're not normally like that and are just in need at that moment, but I couldn't deal with it full time.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
42 weeks ago

kent

Calvino talked about the need for ‘exactitude’. It’s a lesson I’ve taken to heart, so I try to say precisely what I mean, in as eloquent and entertaining a way as I can, with as many words as are necessary, but no more. I love words and writing, and the challenge of communicating is something I very much enjoy.

As for communication, I guess I’m sporadic. I like talking to people, but I’m not always that good at keeping in touch, despite my best intentions Xx

By *eyond PurityCouple
42 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

Definitely more is better for me - to clarify or to turn the heat up.

Off putting is someone then not matching you - like if I write 100 words and ask a few questions and they reply with one or two words, don’t answer anything and don’t ask anything.

Conversations are so hard on here through people not asking anything back - it’s going to cease if it’s all one way.

K

By *BWLOVER1965Man
42 weeks ago

My Own Little World

No waffle

No bullshit

No shit Sherlock

By *eli OP   Woman
42 weeks ago

"Both "

Oh darn it Kai, I was hoping for the usual eloquence.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
42 weeks ago

Stockport

Waffles look as if they should taste good, but personally I find pancakes much better.

By *eli OP   Woman
42 weeks ago

"I am just me I post what’s on my mind about the subject had hand or what first pops In to my mind about the subjects

Sometimes it can be long sometimes it can’t

I never do anything by hafe messers I always put effort in the things "

That's a good way of doing it, the whole not doing things by half measures. It doesn't mean you need to write an ode every time - that intent can be transferred without verbal spaffing.

By *carlet SeductionWoman
42 weeks ago

Maidstone

Belgian. With ice cream please.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
42 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

Holy lack of punctuation batman.

I'll do better.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
42 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Waffles look as if they should taste good, but personally I find pancakes much better. "

This is a truth universally acknowledged.

By *wist my nipplesCouple
42 weeks ago

North East Scotland, mostly

These feels like a meta moment!

Totally mood and time dependent. And topic dependent.

Mrs TMN x

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
42 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

"Waffles look as if they should taste good, but personally I find pancakes much better.

This is a truth universally acknowledged."

Filth and lies.

Waffles are superior to pancakes.

Little cara_elised crispy edges over flaccid doughy flatness any day

By *eli OP   Woman
42 weeks ago

Depends on whom I chose to converse with. Some messages are worthy of going in the bin.

"

Oh definitely. But for those who you choose to engage with, have you noticed a particular conversational style?

42 weeks ago

Oh, both. Depending on brain fog and spoonage. Sometimes it's like the words have been placed just out of reach and I can't access them, so I have grunt and point until someone takes pity and makes me a coffee.

I was once accused of being a man on another forum because my writing style is apparently "not feminine"

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
42 weeks ago

St Leonards

Telepathy-positive.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
42 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Filth and lies."

Okay, not universally.

(I finally found something Prey and I disagree on! Had to happen eventually.)

By *eli OP   Woman
42 weeks ago

"I waffle to know end in general. I'm not sure why but it's almost like I can't let anything get lost in translation so try to specify each and every little bit about my point. The problem though is that by typing more out, I probably end up confusing the hell out of them even more "

Oh, I know you waffle. I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily - you clarify exactly what you mean, what you're describing so there's not a dissonance of understanding. I don't think that's confusing, I appreciate that when it comes to important topics. Things that really matter to a person.

By *edDrMan
42 weeks ago

Cambridge

What most people seem to forget in fab is that communication is a two way street.

I reply to everyone even to say sorry but nonsorry, have a nice day. Most people won’t.

42 weeks ago

Sir Humphrey Applebee is my favourite waffler!

Such a mastery of the English language

Love a good waffle!

42 weeks ago

Depends on my energy levels. If something needs a more detailed response I'll wait until I can do so. Otherwise my communication style is straight and to the point so if it can be a short answer then it will be.

By *eli OP   Woman
42 weeks ago

"I try to be succinct in as few words as possible, but sometimes it's not enough...sometimes you need to add those extra ten sentences to give it credibility."

Not words, sentences. In a professional capacity I'd lean towards no. Never do that. It'll be edited right down. But here? In messages? Yes.

By *eneralKenobiMan
42 weeks ago

North Angus

If someone doesn’t ask themselves “Wtf?” After reading my posts, I’m not working hard enough

By *eli OP   Woman
42 weeks ago

"...oh my blessed eyes, a Meli waffle thread

Honestly, I go like for like. I'm aware, like you, that I can go off at a moment's notice because I bloody love flinging the words around, and I bloody love having the words flung at me

But it's situational. Can't really chew the literary scenery one-sided, y'know?"

I know Caffeine, it's great and apt.

No, it's dull when it's one sided. I love when conversation flows freely and it's not edited. When there's all the reciprocated energy and desire. It's great to "go off" as you so perfectly described it but then... matching energy is good. Wise. Sage words CD.

By *agnar73Man
42 weeks ago

Glasgow

I do waffle but hopefully it comes across as genuine and a little nervy/making an effort rather than me having cut and paste phrases for chats or messages.

By *GermanInLondonMan
42 weeks ago

London

I try to be short but far too often excitement takes offer and it gets a bit too long.

Especially in messages.

By *ensuallover1000Man
42 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

One holds a most glorious predilection for verbose and wholly crass ramblings with pretentious utilisation of sesquipedalia

By *affron40Woman
42 weeks ago

manchester

I haven’t got the energy for waffle right now. My thoughts are waffle, but what comes out has to be condensed into one nonsensical sentence or it’s not being said. I love waffle.

42 weeks ago

Short

42 weeks ago

I try and write long things but get bored so they end up short. Probably come across rude or uninterested but I’m much better at talking in person than messaging

Don’t think either style really makes me feel anything positive or negative but I do get irritated by people who write with obvious arrogance or bitchiness

42 weeks ago

I like most posts though.

I eye roll at the let's be kind brigade who make out certain people (ahem) are bitches when they do nothing but bitch.

But I like the ones that actually have opinions.

And the funny ones who don't take this place so seriously.

Private messaging, don't ask me how my day is and we'll be grand.

42 weeks ago

I waffle sometimes. And sometimes I don’t.

^keeping it short.

By *orny-DJMan
42 weeks ago

Leigh-on-Sea

With maple syrup"

And Ice Cream

By *tephanjMan
42 weeks ago

Kettering

I don't like potato waffles

By *r_GreyscaleMan
42 weeks ago

Baldock

It depends who I'm chatting to, if I'm engaged then I chat, if I'm not feeling it so much my replies get shorter

Post new Message to Thread