Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Friends requests, hidden profiles and other annoyances

Jump to newest

By *EXY50ish OP   Woman
over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

Im on a bit of a rant here, and no doubt the peeps with their heads up their own asses will be indignant in their responses, but here goes :

I read profiles and so many times they say if you send friends requests without jumping through hoops we'll block you, if its a single man we'll block you etc etc. What the point ffs, does any really give a damn if a complete stranger from cyber space wants to be a friend. Then there are the "clearing friends list" brigade again what's that all about.

Ooh and while I'm on one, the if you don't have face pics you're blocked brigade too.

Then the ultimate pet hate and annoyance the dimwits who wink but have hidden profiles. Purleeeese someone tell me what the point of hidden profiles is.

I think that's rant over, any responses gratefully received.

X

Oh and I'm quaking in my boots in case anyone blocks me pmsl

X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I only block people who ignore my mail, saves me messaging again x

over a year ago

"Im on a bit of a rant here, and no doubt the peeps with their heads up their own asses will be indignant in their responses, but here goes :

I read profiles and so many times they say if you send friends requests without jumping through hoops we'll block you, if its a single man we'll block you etc etc. What the point ffs, does any really give a damn if a complete stranger from cyber space wants to be a friend. Then there are the "clearing friends list" brigade again what's that all about.

Ooh and while I'm on one, the if you don't have face pics you're blocked brigade too.

Then the ultimate pet hate and annoyance the dimwits who wink but have hidden profiles. Purleeeese someone tell me what the point of hidden profiles is.

X

X"

All this about being friends with anyone from cyber space....

I tried to call your bluff by adding you ....

But I'm outside the age range you Have set!!!

Pmsl.... Count the faces

over a year ago

if i did that i would of blocked of 95% of the fab peopl..lol

By *EXY50ish OP   Woman
over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

My point wasn't about that, it was about the "threat" in peoples profiles.

Also was the "count the faces comment" mean ?

By *igSuki81Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

There will always be people who annoy you be it cyber or real world. Yes i see your point of view but i have also seen the other side of the coin and understand why people do what you have ranted.

If you do come across such profiles i'd suggest not getting annoyed but to rise above it. If someone comes across as you have said don't bother with them and move to someone who isn't like that

over a year ago

"Im on a bit of a rant here, and no doubt the peeps with their heads up their own asses will be indignant in their responses, but here goes :

X

X"

I've just unhidden my profile after having it hidden for a few days. I hid it while I decided if being on site was something that I still wanted. It works to slow down the onslaught of messages so I could think without having to delete and start over.

I have also stated in my profile I will block people if they don't put a specific word in the status bar on first messaging but that's to avoid wasting their time and mine cos if they haven't read profile and accept it what's the point in chatting.

over a year ago

What the point ffs, does any really give a damn if a complete stranger from cyber space wants to be a friend

If your that passionate about not giving a damn, surely age won't matter. Just a bit two faced in my eyes. Just saying.

It's all light hearted, lets not get carried away

By *EXY50ish OP   Woman
over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

"if i did that i would of blocked of 95% of the fab peopl..lol"

Me too lol. As it is I just say yes to anyone I get a request from, or at least I thought I did Minsapoint !!!!!

over a year ago

If all you have to worry / rant about in life is how others choose to use this site then you are truly blessed

By *EXY50ish OP   Woman
over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

"What the point ffs, does any really give a damn if a complete stranger from cyber space wants to be a friend

If your that passionate about not giving a damn, surely age won't matter. Just a bit two faced in my eyes. Just saying.

It's all light hearted, lets not get carried away"

Its not light hearted lol I'm a grumpy old woman, I mean everyword x lol

over a year ago

Don't get me started lol im saying nothing I got into enough trouble last week viewing my opinions

over a year ago

"if i did that i would of blocked of 95% of the fab peopl..lol

Me too lol. As it is I just say yes to anyone I get a request from, or at least I thought I did Minsapoint !!!!! "

See, all us young' uns don't stand a chance to get to piss u off xxx

By *EXY50ish OP   Woman
over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

"If all you have to worry / rant about in life is how others choose to use this site then you are truly blessed "

I am truly blessed - blessed with intolerance ( sometimes) lol

By *EXY50ish OP   Woman
over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

"if i did that i would of blocked of 95% of the fab peopl..lol

Me too lol. As it is I just say yes to anyone I get a request from, or at least I thought I did Minsapoint !!!!!

See, all us young' uns don't stand a chance to get to piss u off xxx"

You can cos I've sent you a friends request !

By *EXY50ish OP   Woman
over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

"Don't get me started lol im saying nothing I got into enough trouble last week viewing my opinions "

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

well I only add people that I've met, not here to collect cyber friends, here to meet real people.

I've hidden my profile, as I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay on the site or I've had a bout of ill health.

People clear their friends lists if they haven't spoken to people on it in months. This is why I dont add random people.

Hope this answers a couple of your questions

over a year ago

Annoyance is: a friends list where at least half of them never speak to you when you are online. And yes I could speak to them but when I have done messages have been on there for over 2 days and no reply and they are online. Just deleted one actually and blocked another for well saying they will do something and they didnt and I made the effort for him to wear something he said he liked. Why should women make the effort when men dont? Im ranting now.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just avoid them.

over a year ago

PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE CYBA WORLD DO LACK SOCIAL SKILLS AND DONT REALY ENGAGE WITH THE REAL WORLD AND LIKE TO HIDE BEHIND THE KEY BOARD AND ITS THERE WAY OF HAVING FRENDS LIKE ANYOTHER SOCIAL SITE FACT!

By *EXY50ish OP   Woman
over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

"Annoyance is: a friends list where at least half of them never speak to you when you are online. And yes I could speak to them but when I have done messages have been on there for over 2 days and no reply and they are online. Just deleted one actually and blocked another for well saying they will do something and they didnt and I made the effort for him to wear something he said he liked. Why should women make the effort when men dont? Im ranting now. "

I understand that completely if they've done something to annoy you. x

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Annoyance is: a friends list where at least half of them never speak to you when you are online. And yes I could speak to them but when I have done messages have been on there for over 2 days and no reply and they are online. Just deleted one actually and blocked another for well saying they will do something and they didnt and I made the effort for him to wear something he said he liked. Why should women make the effort when men dont? Im ranting now. "

Sometimes it is physically impossible to speak to all of your friends just because they are online. I can go for ages without speaking to some of mine. I can only type so fast

By *pecifically1Woman
over a year ago

Hull

I don;t accept friends requests from people I haven't spoken to because I have pics in my gallery which friends can see, including face pics. If I wanted every Tom Dick and Harry to see them they would be public. Only when I have chatted to someone and think there might be an attraction (yes I have to be attracted to someone to want to meet them) do I accept or send friends requests.

over a year ago

I don't block people willy nilly as I don't see the point. I use the note facility to say something about the person and why I either don't want to meet them or for those I do block, why I have done so.

What makes me laugh is those who say on their profiles that they will block random friendship requesters but random friendship request me

I don't have a problem with hidden profiles unless they start chatting to me as pointless continuing to do so if I cannot see theirs

Not using the message filters does seem illogical where for example a couple said in capitals on their profile that they would block everyone over 35 (I think) so I suggested to them that they use the filters which would stop them sending messages

over a year ago

Been on here a month and accused behind our backs I may add, that we are a fake profile, even though we had face pics up and off the two of us together, got a message of one of the secret accusers say she was sorry.

Took all our photos down!

Not a very nice way to greet people!

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

X

X"

I have had 'no unsolicited friend requests' on my profile! LOL Not sure if it's still there. And have posted that I have cleared my friends list!

Guess I'm on your bad list then!

over a year ago

"PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE CYBA WORLD DO LACK SOCIAL SKILLS AND DONT REALY ENGAGE WITH THE REAL WORLD AND LIKE TO HIDE BEHIND THE KEY BOARD AND ITS THERE WAY OF HAVING FRENDS LIKE ANYOTHER SOCIAL SITE FACT!"

seems more like having a competition to see who can get the most friends then moan and winge about how hard it is to get meets

over a year ago

"If all you have to worry / rant about in life is how others choose to use this site then you are truly blessed "
LOL sure is blessed as i really dont read alot of profiles i look at the pics first if pass go i read , lol rear i mail most mail me ,

By *EXY50ish OP   Woman
over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

"PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE CYBA WORLD DO LACK SOCIAL SKILLS AND DONT REALY ENGAGE WITH THE REAL WORLD AND LIKE TO HIDE BEHIND THE KEY BOARD AND ITS THERE WAY OF HAVING FRENDS LIKE ANYOTHER SOCIAL SITE FACT!"

Wow that's a bit heavy for a Sunday morning

I've been lucky enough to meet peeps who have v good social skills and were good at sex too lol. I must have been truly blessed.

Anyway real world calls, so have a lovely Sunday all. Look forward to more responses

x

By *EXY50ish OP   Woman
over a year ago

Anywhere and nowhere

[Removed by poster at 03/03/13 10:33:04]

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It may well be a fact in some cases; say for instance yours but not a fact per se.

over a year ago

a guy was going to text me his details address so I could go to his place at abt 615, basically no text, waited till 715 went to get something to eat then went home. msgd him asking was he ok, he read msg no reply so he got blocked. strange guy anyway, doesnt meet for drink/coffee, doesnt like to chat just wants to fuck. thats fine i was willing to go but no show. timewaster i think

over a year ago

Im aware this is not a social networking site, but will say that if you have a friends list and they are online and see you are online, doesnt take 2 secs to say hi does it? doesnt involve much typing or even fast typing.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I have put that I won't accept random friends requests but don't say I'm going to block them. I only block pesterers, abusers, and people who give me the creeps.

HOWEVER I am a big believer in letting people run their profile how they like. If thats what they want to put on there, its up to them.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"Im aware this is not a social networking site, but will say that if you have a friends list and they are online and see you are online, doesnt take 2 secs to say hi does it? doesnt involve much typing or even fast typing."

Or when you message them they read it and do not reply. They are dumped off the list for me. What's the point? A simple hi in response would be good, especially if you have met before, or have chatted a fair bit before. If someone is busy then ok say so. But why be on a friend list if you ignore messages from friends?

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

"I have put that I won't accept random friends requests but don't say I'm going to block them. I only block pesterers, abusers, and people who give me the creeps.

HOWEVER I am a big believer in letting people run their profile how they like. If thats what they want to put on there, its up to them. "

+1

over a year ago

X

X

All this about being friends with anyone from cyber space....

I tried to call your bluff by adding you ....

But I'm outside the age range you Have set!!!

Pmsl.... Count the faces"

Yep, got all of that in my profile. In a fashion

Must say I do agree on many points though, think its a power thing, hence why I wrote my profile as I did ( Also because I'd be fighting em off with a shitty stick otherwise too )

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Im aware this is not a social networking site, but will say that if you have a friends list and they are online and see you are online, doesnt take 2 secs to say hi does it? doesnt involve much typing or even fast typing."

Lets say for example you had 20 friends of which 15 were online. You send them all a quick message to say hi, they are then going to respond. You are then into having multiple conversations, not using the site for the reason you logged in.

This is why I can't\don't talk to them all at once.

over a year ago

"well I only add people that I've met, not here to collect cyber friends, here to meet real people.

I've hidden my profile, as I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay on the site or I've had a bout of ill health.

People clear their friends lists if they haven't spoken to people on it in months. This is why I dont add random people.

Hope this answers a couple of your questions"

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Im aware this is not a social networking site, but will say that if you have a friends list and they are online and see you are online, doesnt take 2 secs to say hi does it? doesnt involve much typing or even fast typing.

Lets say for example you had 20 friends of which 15 were online. You send them all a quick message to say hi, they are then going to respond. You are then into having multiple conversations, not using the site for the reason you logged in.

This is why I can't\don't talk to them all at once. "

Also, I am not likely to be wondering why my friendslist aren't messaging me as they might be wondering exactly the same! If I want to talk to them then I will. If they want to talk to me, then they know where I am. Most of my friendslist are meets anyway so I have their phone numbers.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

So now we have to message everyone on our friends list every day then?!

Also hiding your profile is wrong or misleading somehow?

...too many take Fab way to seriously

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Too many people on here are ready to tell others - complete strangers - what they should and should not do with their own profiles. Many people do actually pay membership too - so for other members to be telling what they ought or ought not to do is rather cheeky, in my opinion.

And, yes, people have opinions - but they are not obliged to use them to tell people what to do!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"So now we have to message everyone on our friends list every day then?!

...too many take Fab way to seriously "

Oy, where's my message! You wanted to be on my friendslist so get typing!!!

over a year ago

It's annoying when you message people on your friends list and they ignore you or maybe I'm not taking the hint?

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Oy, where's my message! You wanted to be on my friendslist so get typing!!! "

Sorry! Too busy with my head up my arse to send messages

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Sorry! Too busy with my head up my arse to send messages "

Hope you took the pith helmet off first!

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Sorry! Too busy with my head up my arse to send messages

Hope you took the pith helmet off first!"

It's Sunday.

Sunday is fez day!

over a year ago

Thanks for sharing. Always interested to learn what people think of how others use the site.

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

X"

it's the new fab game y'know... hide and wink. It's beating farmville hands down at the moment and trending quite nicely

Wolf

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"Thanks for sharing. Always interested to learn what people think of how others use the site."

Post new Message to Thread