Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

playing on my mind

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I took my daughter shopping today as I always do(she has learning difficulties). She usually unloads the trolley as I pack. Today I was talking to the assistant, paid then left. When I Got to the car and put my daughter in and unloaded the bags, I realised we had missed 3 items. My daughter wouldn't get out the car so I drove home...

After dropping her back at, at mums I returned home but couldn't get those unpaid items off my mind. So I took the goods back to the store, confessed and paid £2.03 and cleared guilty mind...

What would you have done?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good for you.

I would have put the £2.03 in the next charity box I saw. I'd probably be too lazy to go back to the shop.

over a year ago

I once went out for a pub lunch, ordered at the bar, so afterwards I assumed I paid when I ordered, it was only as I was nearly home I realised we'd walked out without paying! I felt so guilty until I rang up and paid it over the phone, tip included

over a year ago

Would have done the same TIG

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

I have in the past. Last time my son was carrying around a little pack of lego (£2 worth) he was going to buy with his pocket money. We stopped to look at other things on the way to the till and he'd lost it. When we got out the store he realised he'd put it in his pocket! We went back and paid.

Another time I was served in a card shop by a woman who was talking to her mate and barely even acknowledged me. The price seemed a bit cheap so I checked my receipt outside and she had missed an item ... on that occasion I thought 'feck you' and walked off.

Post new Message to Thread