Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

isn't it funny...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What one person finds attractive and the other doesn't.

I've looked at lots of male profiles (obviously) and swapped face pics. Having read the verifications on those profiles, generally it says how good looking the guys are yet when I see the face pic, I have to say I am usually disappointed because they just dont do it for me.

Am I too fussy?

Does anyone else feel like this?

Believe me, I'm not saying I'm an oil painting, it just fascinates me that one person can find somebody drop dead gorgeous and another feels deflated.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Each to there own and whatever floats your boat last week i was at a club and there was a bit of bondage going on some people liked it while other were disgusted.

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

Some of the blokes that Kate says are good looking have me thinking I need new specs

over a year ago

i find its like that in the chat rooms, guys fawning over 'gorgeous' women on cam, so being nosey i pull up their webcams to see what all the fuss is about and i just kinda think to myself 'seriously guys.. you find THAT attractive?!' lol

over a year ago

Each to their own

Everyone has different tastes, which I can only think is a good thing

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

what is the saying one person rubbish is another person treasure... I find some men unattractive who some find gorgeous.. I have a bizarre taste in men I think

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Photos aren't always very flattering. Well that's my excuse.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

One man's meat is another man's poison

Horses for courses

Whatever floats ya boat

over a year ago

There is no accounting for taste. It really is that simple

over a year ago

Well you're not going to put "alright looking" on a verification, are you?

Or if you're trying to pull, "drop dead gorgeous" is going to go over a lot better than "it's late, you'll do"...

A lot of what goes on on a website like this is bound to be white lies and exaggeration.

over a year ago

"i find its like that in the chat rooms, guys fawning over 'gorgeous' women on cam, so being nosey i pull up their webcams to see what all the fuss is about and i just kinda think to myself 'seriously guys.. you find THAT attractive?!' lol"

I second you on that! I open some cams up thinking I'm in for a treat only to be hugely disappointed! I understand people have their own tastes but some guys will just get off to what ever they can get

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I think I'm a bit of a Monet, actually

over a year ago

"i find its like that in the chat rooms, guys fawning over 'gorgeous' women on cam, so being nosey i pull up their webcams to see what all the fuss is about and i just kinda think to myself 'seriously guys.. you find THAT attractive?!' lol"

I soooooo agree!!!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I think I'm a bit of a Monet, actually "

Look good from a distance, get up close - a right real mess

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

Photos are only a split second image of a person, a slightly different angle, expression, lighting and everything changes. So in the flesh maybe they are better looking. Plus a persons personality can't really come through in a photo and that's what really makes a person attractive or not.

over a year ago

But without sounding sexist, a guy would find a pair of tits and a fangita attractive whether or not they looked like John merricks uglier brother wouldn't they? "any hole's a goal" and "you dont look at the mantle piece when your poking the fire" spring to mind or am I being unfair to men??

over a year ago

I think the picture is never as representative of the person..I dont mean anything about photoshopping,flattering angles etc..

when u meet in person and are getting on well in whatever manner...the attraction can rise

over a year ago

"i find its like that in the chat rooms, guys fawning over 'gorgeous' women on cam, so being nosey i pull up their webcams to see what all the fuss is about and i just kinda think to myself 'seriously guys.. you find THAT attractive?!' lol

But without sounding sexist, a guy would find a pair of tits and a fangita attractive whether or not they looked like John merricks uglier brother wouldn't they? "any hole's a goal" and "you dont look at the mantle piece when your poking the fire" spring to mind or am I being unfair to men??"

yes ur talking pish..please stop

over a year ago

Well if you're too fussy then so am I!

I've begun to realise that I very much have a type that I like, I can't describe this as its not entirely a physical thing but I can tell at first glance whether someone is the type I go for or not. I get messages off guys that I'm sure a lot of people would say we're very good looking but they just don't do it for me.

It's very rare for me to stumble across anyone who does actually fit what I like but when they do its great

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"

Or if you're trying to pull, "drop dead gorgeous" is going to go over a lot better than "it's late, you'll do"...

"

Shit, that's where I used to go wrong

over a year ago

In my opinion, it seems that womens taste in good looks are far more diverse than guys - if you were to ask 10 guys to rate 10 pictures of different women, I reckon the highest scores would be spread between 2-3 of them, whereas if you asked 10 women to do the same with 10 pictures of men then the results would be far more spread out.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I think the picture is never as representative of the person.."

Neither are some of the posts on here, only by meeting in person can you possibly hope to fully appreciate the make up of an individual

over a year ago

I'm not to keen on the duality of whats perceived as attractive given the media influence, guys get a pretty hard time when they show their attraction to the mainstay models, then women on the other hand have all decided its david beckham/christian grey(whatever he fucking looks like)that is attractive

its like watching people male/female fall over a bunch of clones

I actually pride myself in looking a little deeper, and thats something a pic will never really do..plus I'd say i find people with some more unique facial features more attractive than the given media set

over a year ago

"I think the picture is never as representative of the person..

Neither are some of the posts on here, only by meeting in person can you possibly hope to fully appreciate the make up of an individual "

unless their clearly an idiot we wont get on...but with decent tits and a tight fanny..I can overlook shortcomings

over a year ago

"I'm not to keen on the duality of whats perceived as attractive given the media influence, guys get a pretty hard time when they show their attraction to the mainstay models, then women on the other hand have all decided its david beckham/christian grey(whatever he fucking looks like)that is attractive

its like watching people male/female fall over a bunch of clones

I actually pride myself in looking a little deeper, and thats something a pic will never really do..plus I'd say i find people with some more unique facial features more attractive than the given media set"

Thank you I was just trying to think of the words to put it down. I would rather have someone who I find mentally attractive over someone physically attractive

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"unless their clearly an idiot we wont get on...but with decent tits and a tight fanny..I can overlook shortcomings "

Like your style Paddy

over a year ago

"In my opinion, it seems that womens taste in good looks are far more diverse than guys - if you were to ask 10 guys to rate 10 pictures of different women, I reckon the highest scores would be spread between 2-3 of them, whereas if you asked 10 women to do the same with 10 pictures of men then the results would be far more spread out."

True, that.

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

And how raging their hormones are at that point in time

over a year ago

"Photos are only a split second image of a person, a slightly different angle, expression, lighting and everything changes. So in the flesh maybe they are better looking. Plus a persons personality can't really come through in a photo and that's what really makes a person attractive or not."

But you dont see a persons personality from their profile pic do you? I admit, I've probably dismissed a lot of really lovely guys from their pics alone but without sounding shallow (which clearly I am) the face pic is the deal breaker for most isn't it?x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive never gone for stereo type good looking guys. I go for what i find attractive.

Ray winstone my ideal man

over a year ago

"Well if you're too fussy then so am I!

I've begun to realise that I very much have a type that I like, I can't describe this as its not entirely a physical thing but I can tell at first glance whether someone is the type I go for or not. I get messages off guys that I'm sure a lot of people would say we're very good looking but they just don't do it for me.

It's very rare for me to stumble across anyone who does actually fit what I like but when they do its great "

I second that!!

By *igTeeMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"What one person finds attractive and the other doesn't.

I've looked at lots of male profiles (obviously) and swapped face pics. Having read the verifications on those profiles, generally it says how good looking the guys are yet when I see the face pic, I have to say I am usually disappointed because they just dont do it for me.

Am I too fussy?

Believe me, I'm not saying I'm an oil painting, it just fascinates me that one person can find somebody drop dead gorgeous and another feels deflated."

Each to their own really

I mean some people might think in good looking with a fair sized cock n others will think I'm a mutant with a chipalta lol x

over a year ago

Neither are some of the posts on here, only by meeting in person can you possibly hope to fully appreciate the make up of an individual

unless their clearly an idiot we wont get on...but with decent tits and a tight fanny..I can overlook shortcomings "

Shallow bastard!!!xx

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

"Photos are only a split second image of a person, a slightly different angle, expression, lighting and everything changes. So in the flesh maybe they are better looking. Plus a persons personality can't really come through in a photo and that's what really makes a person attractive or not.

But you dont see a persons personality from their profile pic do you? I admit, I've probably dismissed a lot of really lovely guys from their pics alone but without sounding shallow (which clearly I am) the face pic is the deal breaker for most isn't it?x"

yes I think youre probably right there in most instances .. I however dont tend to go for the 'conventional good looks' and tend to go for guys who seem a little quirky and off the map .. (no disrespect to any fellas that Ive met !)

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"i find its like that in the chat rooms, guys fawning over 'gorgeous' women on cam, so being nosey i pull up their webcams to see what all the fuss is about and i just kinda think to myself 'seriously guys.. you find THAT attractive?!' lol

But without sounding sexist, a guy would find a pair of tits and a fangita

attractive whether or not they looked

like John merricks uglier brother

wouldn't they? "any hole's a goal" and

"you dont look at the mantle piece

when your poking the fire" spring to

mind or am I being unfair to men??

"

What attracts me is not necessarily good looks. In fact, as my profile clearly states, I prefer 'normal/average' looking people and not because I lack social skills or lack self confidence.....just because

over a year ago

lol to the above, and while not trying to get too serious,on the OP..I find it more off putting anyone slagging off/commenting on/comparing my past or future meets

Ive met lots of types of people, I take them for who they are and when Ive enjoyed my time with them, anyone who has the issue with it can normally fuck off IMO..regardless if I find them utterly hot

and I did post a while ago about a girl saying she was out of MY league..I was gobsmacked..what was I to do..point her to less-hot ppl Ive met?..doubt it lol

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

"Photos are only a split second image of a person, a slightly different angle, expression, lighting and everything changes. So in the flesh maybe they are better looking. Plus a persons personality can't really come through in a photo and that's what really makes a person attractive or not.

But you dont see a persons personality from their profile pic do you? I admit, I've probably dismissed a lot of really lovely guys from their pics alone but without sounding shallow (which clearly I am) the face pic is the deal breaker for most isn't it?x"

In reality you are never going to get to know a persons personality until you have met them or at least spent many hours skyping and chatting on the phone. I think I may be a bit odd in that I prefer chatting to someone without knowing what they look like for a while.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"What one person finds attractive and the other doesn't.

Am I too fussy?

Believe me, I'm not saying I'm an oil painting, it just fascinates me that one person can find somebody drop dead gorgeous and another feels deflated."

I totally agree with you, and I don't think of myself as an oil painting either, but when I have my 'hopes' set high and then I am totally disapointed it is a real bugger lol

over a year ago

No i feel like this with lots also and they have been bigged up in veris to be amazingly handsome..

I guess it is each to their own but come on specsavers for some me thinks.

over a year ago

"No i feel like this with lots also and they have been bigged up in veris to be amazingly handsome..

I guess it is each to their own but come on specsavers for some me thinks."

over a year ago

"No i feel like this with lots also and they have been bigged up in veris to be amazingly handsome..

I'm sure it wouldnt be nice to hear the same thing about urself tho..would it????

over a year ago

I'm sure it wouldnt be nice to hear the same thing about urself tho..would it????

"

No, it probably wouldn't but that was the whole point of my post - what one finds attractive, another doesn't. No need to get shitty, its just a human observation!

over a year ago

No, it probably wouldn't but that was the whole point of my post - what one finds attractive, another doesn't. No need to get shitty, its just a human observation!"

not getting shitty at all

I just see it as comparing and competitiveness am afraid..

over a year ago

"

Wouldn't bother me really each to their own as i said.

over a year ago

No, it probably wouldn't but that was the whole point of my post - what one finds attractive, another doesn't. No need to get shitty, its just a human observation!

I just see it as comparing and competitiveness am afraid.."

This site is about comparing and competitiveness!!!!!!

over a year ago

This site is about comparing and competitiveness!!!!!!"

weird..ive been here a good few years and never felt that....

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

This site is about comparing and competitiveness!!!!!!"

Now Now children, relax and deep breath!! Lol it's only a forum post

over a year ago

Wouldn't bother me really each to their own as i said."

that they should have went to spec savers?...seriously doubt it am afraid..

I just think ppl should concern themselves with who they want to meet

I'd find itd just put me off someone who can sit and look at another persons cam and wonder why they are getting attention or question it..much in the way we are continually saying in a cyclic forum world its all about preference...

then we get the guys will shag anything with a hole or should have went to specsavers...

they in themselves are pretty derogatory remarks based on other ppls preferences either to the perver or perved

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

I'd find itd just put me off someone who can sit and look at another persons cam and wonder why they are getting attention or question it..much in the way we are continually saying in a cyclic forum world its all about preference...

then we get the guys will shag anything with a hole or should have went to specsavers...

they in themselves are pretty derogatory remarks based on other ppls preferences either to the perver or perved"

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

More a white stick in my case

over a year ago

they in themselves are pretty derogatory remarks based on other ppls preferences either to the perver or perved"

For goodness fake, everyone on here looks at a profile and then decides, based on their standards/requirements/nerds etc whether they want to meet up with that person.

That was the whole point of my post, I find it interesting what one person finds attractive, the other doesn't. Quite the same as, what area what one person might find a nice place to live, or what music one person likes... it wasn't meant to be a 'moral' post, I was just curious for god sake!!

over a year ago

quite a few men on here have been described as good looking, but i didnt fancy them.

if i get on with them and they are good fun then thats whats more important.

some men on here look a lot better when you meet them than what they do in their photos.

also if they have a nice personality, it maked them look more attractive as well.

over a year ago

No need to get so serious ispoke to a guy and his veri sounded amazing tall dark handsome toned body and such and when i got his pics he resembled Timothy Spall I was dissapointed and wondered if the writer of the veri had good eye sight.

I don't really care what people think or say about me tbh i will be ugly to some and attractive to others,and if someone want's to think the writer of any veri for me should have gone to specsavers then so be it.

over a year ago

"No need to get so serious ispoke to a guy and his veri sounded amazing tall dark handsome toned body and such and when i got his pics he resembled Timothy Spall I was dissapointed and wondered if the writer of the veri had good eye sight.

I don't really care what people think or say about me tbh i will be ugly to some and attractive to others,and if someone want's to think the writer of any veri for me should have gone to specsavers then so be it."

I totally agree with you xx

over a year ago

for Gods sake!, goodness me! calm ur jets...

yeah we have preferences that dont agree with others peoples

like I say, I find people comparing and contrasting who likes who/who meets who a turn off..its served me well in the past and will continue to do so

over a year ago

"for Gods sake!, goodness me! calm ur jets...

like I say, I find people comparing and contrasting who likes who/who meets who a turn off..its served me well in the past and will continue to do so"

So you never ever refuse anyone then?

over a year ago

over a year ago

"i find its like that in the chat rooms, guys fawning over 'gorgeous' women on cam, so being nosey i pull up their webcams to see what all the fuss is about and i just kinda think to myself 'seriously guys.. you find THAT attractive?!' lol "

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

Boldon

"I think I'm a bit of a Monet, actually "

I'm more a Picasso

over a year ago

"for Gods sake!, goodness me! calm ur jets...

like I say, I find people comparing and contrasting who likes who/who meets who a turn off..its served me well in the past and will continue to do so

So you never ever refuse anyone then?"

silly question as uve read my above comments on the "guys will fuck anything with a hole"

what I dont do is compare and contrast peoples meets/prospective meets

so if I happen to be perving on someone or have a verification from someone and another person turns to me and effectively says, ur taste is in ur arse..she's minging, I believe I'm quite right to point out they should fuck the hell off and keep their opinions to themselves

over a year ago

"I think I'm a bit of a Monet, actually

I'm more a Picasso "

can u get these tagnuts off me then please????

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

unless their clearly an idiot we wont get on...but with decent tits and a tight fanny..I can overlook shortcomings "

Bugger! **books tit and fanny lift**

over a year ago

unless their clearly an idiot we wont get on...but with decent tits and a tight fanny..I can overlook shortcomings

Bugger! **books tit and fanny lift** "

its cool i can rammit in ur luvly gub xxx

over a year ago

There's a guy at work that most of the women are falling at the feet of. He's very tall, dark, stubbly. They literally go weak at the knees when he so much as smiles.

He does absolutely nothing for me at all. Everyone is different.

By *TUDLY_GOOD_FUCKMan
over a year ago

mansfield

I've got a face like a bull dog licking piss off a nettle.

I know I'm not an handsome chap and

I get turned down loads.

Does it bother me? Nahhh.

Not every one is for everyone.

I just crack on till i find some one that does like me.

over a year ago

I love the forums however, I do sometimes wonder how some misread posts and following comments and get a little over the top..

Regarding OP it is staggering sometimes what peoples perception of attractiveness is but that's what makes the scene so interesting to some degree..

It's similar to the red or brown sauce on chips.. what one person savours another doesn't lol A little light heartedness there...

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Bugger! **books tit and fanny lift**

its cool i can rammit in ur luvly gub xxx"

You sweet-talker...you had me at rammit

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I've met with a number of guys who would not be considered conventionally attractive. But they had that certain something. I do like to arrange meets with someone who I find physically attractive, which is why it is important to see a face pic, but sometimes, as you chat, or if you read a profile, they will say something which intrigues. In meeting they are often really nice guys and sexy as hell, even if they won't win any beauty contests.

I suppose it is the same for men. But I may well be wildly wrong on that score.

over a year ago

"I've met with a number of guys who would not be considered conventionally attractive. But they had that certain something. I do like to arrange meets with someone who I find physically attractive, which is why it is important to see a face pic, but sometimes, as you chat, or if you read a profile, they will say something which intrigues. In meeting they are often really nice guys and sexy as hell, even if they won't win any beauty contests.

I suppose it is the same for men. But I may well be wildly wrong on that score."

over a year ago

"I've met with a number of guys who would not be considered conventionally attractive. But they had that certain something. I do like to arrange meets with someone who I find physically attractive, which is why it is important to see a face pic, but sometimes, as you chat, or if you read a profile, they will say something which intrigues. In meeting they are often really nice guys and sexy as hell, even if they won't win any beauty contests.

I suppose it is the same for men. But I may well be wildly wrong on that score."

I completely agree with this. I like sex to be cerebral. I tend to look for a spark in their personality before a meet. They could look like Angelina Jolie, but if they're as dull as dishwater then I'll probably pass them by...

Post new Message to Thread