Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Johnny Cash .

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My Dad was a singer and sing loads of his songs over the years ...Johnny cash is timless his songs maybe years old still sound so good. He just had a way of singing a song the words would really get to me.. Has is be one of the all time greats like Elvis . I know he is dead BUT LONG LIVE JOHNNY CASH.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My mate used to play in Johnny cash's backing band

over a year ago

"My mate used to play in Johnny cash's backing band"
wow i bet he can tell alot of storys .. xx i think thay would have a wild time on the road.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

knock knock

whos there

johnny

johnny who

johnny cash

johhny cashew

..your nuts

over a year ago

"knock knock

whos there

johnny

johnny who

johnny cash

johhny cashew

..your nuts "

no your nuts , lol xxxx

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

"My Dad was a singer and sing loads of his songs over the years ...Johnny cash is timless his songs maybe years old still sound so good. He just had a way of singing a song the words would really get to me.. Has is be one of the all time greats like Elvis . I know he is dead BUT LONG LIVE JOHNNY CASH. "

I'm totally with you there chick, I love it when a tune of his plays on my iPod. X

over a year ago

Love watching the live performance from Folsom prison

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

Boy named Sue

This thing called love

Ring of fire.

over a year ago

" Boy named Sue

This thing called love

Ring of fire.

"

Love all them .. xxx Boy named sue always make me smile.

over a year ago

One piece at a time

over a year ago

Guess things happen that way.

That's the song that gives you the kick up the arse when things ain't going good.

Genius!

over a year ago

Aye you can't beat it

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I think Johnny Cash was fantastic on many of his songs, but there doesn't seem to be much middle ground on his material as he slaughtered a few songs as well during his career....

over a year ago

"I think Johnny Cash was fantastic on many of his songs, but there doesn't seem to be much middle ground on his material as he slaughtered a few songs as well during his career...."
Tell you i don't like alot of covers of songs but his cover of HURT is very deep and has to be one of the best covers ever in my book .. was a Trent Reznor song .. His video to this is so strong too very deep .. one thing johnny could do so well is paint a pic in your head with words. xx

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I have big swings with my thoughts on Mr Cash.

Sometimes I think his covers are sublime sometimes not so much, he was very hit and miss with them however his original work still very much stand up today (hence his songs still cropping up hollywood films all the time).

Hurt was an excellent cover when you consider his own personal circumstance and how close to death he was, again though I am a fan of the NiN/Reznor version too.

I liked Cash, I liked his music and its a shame hes gone but as some people said he did some god awful covers in his time mixed in with the excellent ones ;p

By *iceguydaveMan
over a year ago

Monmouth

"Tell you i don't like alot of covers of songs but his cover of HURT is very deep and has to be one of the best covers ever in my book .. was a Trent Reznor song .. His video to this is so strong too very deep .. one thing johnny could do so well is paint a pic in your head with words. xx"

I agree, loved a lot of his covers of more recent songs - caught his version of Tom Petty's 'I won't back down' on the background of some TV show the other night and just thought "Bloody hell that guy was some singer.." I suspect 'Hurt' brought him a whole load of new fans.. it's awesome.

over a year ago

My first ever concert was johnny cash at the wembley assembly rooms. I was only about 9 or 10. My mum or dad are massive fans. I have most of his albums. The early stuff is brilliant but some of the stuff he made when he was on drugs is absolutey awful. Then he came good again at the end with some of his finest work.

I have a bootleg of his memorial concert on DVD where his friends and family cover his songs. It's my favourite thing to watch when I have a spare couple of hours.

In my opinion he's better than elvis and he's the best there has ever been.

Thanks Game4it, I have a morning off and it's johnny cash time.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

He did a cover version of one,by U2,its fantastic.

As you say game,he painted pictures,in words.

over a year ago

"My first ever concert was johnny cash at the wembley assembly rooms. I was only about 9 or 10. My mum or dad are massive fans. I have most of his albums. The early stuff is brilliant but some of the stuff he made when he was on drugs is absolutey awful. Then he came good again at the end with some of his finest work.

I have a bootleg of his memorial concert on DVD where his friends and family cover his songs. It's my favourite thing to watch when I have a spare couple of hours.

Thanks Game4it, I have a morning off and it's johnny cash time. "

well it would have been my Dads birthday today he died end oct so i have been listening to some of his favorite songs he would sing. So Johnny still lives on here in me too xxx Thanks to Dad.

over a year ago

"My first ever concert was johnny cash at the wembley assembly rooms. I was only about 9 or 10. My mum or dad are massive fans. I have most of his albums. The early stuff is brilliant but some of the stuff he made when he was on drugs is absolutey awful. Then he came good again at the end with some of his finest work.

Thanks Game4it, I have a morning off and it's johnny cash time. well it would have been my Dads birthday today he died end oct so i have been listening to some of his favorite songs he would sing. So Johnny still lives on here in me too xxx Thanks to Dad. "

Hope you have a nice day thinking of your dad and its not too sad xxxx

over a year ago

im a big Johnny Cash fan and although i like his early songs.a boy named sue,Ring of fire,i walk the line etc. for me my favourites are his newer songs and particularly his darker ones Hurt, personal Jesus, one, when the man comes around, and i may upset a few here but i think he was bigger then elvis just my opinion though

"i hear a train a coming"

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I think the Concert in San Quentin has got to be one of the best albums I've heard.

over a year ago

My dad plays the guitar and since I can remember I've always sang with him. Jonnhy cash is our favourite. Especially Jackson bay.

over a year ago

That Hurt song gave me chills when I first heard it, I heard it at a play when I was 16 then I spent years looking for it, because I never thought of googling for the lyrics, then someone on here told me the title last month, safe to say I've played the song at least 200 times

over a year ago

"My Dad was a singer and sing loads of his songs over the years ...Johnny cash is timless his songs maybe years old still sound so good. He just had a way of singing a song the words would really get to me.. Has is be one of the all time greats like Elvis . I know he is dead BUT LONG LIVE JOHNNY CASH. "

Bought up on country.

Gentleman Jim and the man in black. Legends.

My kids still love it when I have them playing Sundays.

True legends.

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

My dad was a massive Johnny cash fan I grew up listening to him. And I have to say some of his stuff was totally genius I have a fair bit of music on my phone

over a year ago

"Love watching the live performance from Folsom prison"

Jesus you were in prison???

over a year ago

I haven't heard many of his songs but I like Cat's in the Cradle

Post new Message to Thread