Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why block a friendly chatter?

Jump to newest

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

I can understand not wanting to respond to unwanted chatters, but why block, just say you're not interested...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

But if you know that you're an unwanted chatter why would you message them again?

over a year ago

"I can understand not wanting to respond to unwanted chatters, but why block, just say you're not interested..."

Some men women and couples don't take no thanks as a final answer they want to know why...then ask for a change of mind etc. Blocking is a stress free answer for many.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Personally I would not block but I wonder whether it is a simple way of preventing a recurrence? Saves you the bother of trying again?

over a year ago

"I can understand not wanting to respond to unwanted chatters, but why block, just say you're not interested..."

Because thats what the block button is for. Nobody has to justify their actions to you or anybody else. Some people however simply dont wish to converse or be asked for explanations as to why they dont want to talk....so, block immediately.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I have blocked in the middle of a conversation... what was something they considered innocent was a deal breaker, kinda offensive and i decided they were not a person I really wanted to get to know...

so move on... simple as

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

Easy way out I guess just like e mail or text instead of talking to people

By *ikkiBWoman
over a year ago

Falkirk

I just block if they prove they cannot accept no as an answer and message me again.

over a year ago

noone is obligued to talk to u

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

Agreed if no is given then that should be accepted, but no isn't always said!

over a year ago

"Agreed if no is given then that should be accepted, but no isn't always said! "

because its not always accepted!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Whatever the reason - dont take it personal and just move on to the next

over a year ago

"Agreed if no is given then that should be accepted, but no isn't always said! "

Is there any real difference between being blocked and saying no and being blocked?

over a year ago

Some people don't want friendly chat they just want to arrange meets.

Don't take it personally you can't control how other people use the site its not worth worrying about.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Some people don't want friendly chat they just want to arrange meets.

Don't take it personally you can't control how other people use the site its not worth worrying about."

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

I'm not taking it personally I assure you, just regret the loss of manners I was taught fifty years ago or more

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I'm not taking it personally I assure you, just regret the loss of manners I was taught fifty years ago or more "
I can understand where you are coming from... but time are changing and what used to be "bad manners" is sometimes ok today. For most people it is not a deliberate act... just manners and times having changed. I see it with our youngsters a lot....

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

Sure things are changing, I'm no dinosaur. If people had the respect for each other life would be far better in my view.

over a year ago

"I'm not taking it personally I assure you, just regret the loss of manners I was taught fifty years ago or more "

Nothing to do with 'manners'. 50 years ago, this technology didn't exist. We have moved on, evolved, either move with the times, the changes in technology and it's related effects on the human persona, or sit in your armchair with your smoking jacket and slippers and watch the reminder of your years drift by as you fester in the memory's of yesteryear.

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

Sorry good manners are not old fashioned so do patronise me. If ignorance is acceptable just because technology is modern, how sad

over a year ago

"Sure things are changing, I'm no dinosaur. If people had the respect for each other life would be far better in my view."

Then you should 'respect' their right to block you. You should 'respect' others decisions, no matter what they are. You should 'respect' that they owe you no explanation for their actions.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Sorry good manners are not old fashioned so do patronise me. If ignorance is acceptable just because technology is modern, how sad "
I am not saying good manners are old fashioned. I AM saying that what is considered good manners has changed. And there is a need for us older people to accept that or we will forever have difficulties with the younger ones?

over a year ago

"I'm not taking it personally I assure you, just regret the loss of manners I was taught fifty years ago or more

Nothing to do with 'manners'. 50 years ago, this technology didn't exist. We have moved on, evolved, either move with the times, the changes in technology and it's related effects on the human persona, or sit in your armchair with your smoking jacket and slippers and watch the reminder of your years drift by as you fester in the memory's of yesteryear. "

yh times change also cos culture has mixed to.. different cultures have different views on respect and manners..

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

This desire to be individuals with no need for so society is damaging

over a year ago

"Sure things are changing, I'm no dinosaur. If people had the respect for each other life would be far better in my view.

Then you should 'respect' their right to block you. You should 'respect' others decisions, no matter what they are. You should 'respect' that they owe you no explanation for their actions. "

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"This desire to be individuals with no need for so society is damaging "
I think that is a bit of a generalistion - is that your opinion based on bad experience?

over a year ago

"This desire to be individuals with no need for so society is damaging "

but it could be said ur way of thinking is very individual and not that of society..

u expect to be treated in a way YOU see as respectable

By *ark Gr8 Teddy BearMan
over a year ago

Wigan

I don't get some people, I read a profile earlier that said "don't add me unless you message me" so I messaged, it was nice, polite, friendly, I asked to get to know them and that I hoped we'd become friends, the responce was "no ta", thats it, didn't look at my profile either, I don't know why I bother some times, some people on here are just ignorant and a waste of time and effort.x

over a year ago

"Sorry good manners are not old fashioned so do patronise me. If ignorance is acceptable just because technology is modern, how sad "

Good manners are only what an individual perceives them to be. They are somewhat subjective. Is it good manners for an elderly person who has no physical disability to offer their seat on the bus for a pregnant lady? Is it good manners for the heavily pregnant lady to offer her seat to an elderly person who clearly has trouble walking/standing? Or is it neither. Is it only bad manners from the other younger, able-bodied people on the bus for not offering THEIR seats?

Think on old-timer..life isn't all about you!

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

I know many well mannered young people in the way I believe manners benefit society.

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

"Sorry good manners are not old fashioned so do patronise me. If ignorance is acceptable just because technology is modern, how sad

Good manners are only what an individual perceives them to be. They are somewhat subjective. Is it good manners for an elderly person who has no physical disability to offer their seat on the bus for a pregnant lady? Is it good manners for the heavily pregnant lady to offer her seat to an elderly person who clearly has trouble walking/standing? Or is it neither. Is it only bad manners from the other younger, able-bodied people on the bus for not offering THEIR seats?

Think on old-timer..life isn't all about you! "

if you have to ask those questions there's no hope!

over a year ago

"I know many well mannered young people in the way I believe manners benefit society. "

you are contradicting yourself, you go on about respect, yet your very much lacking the basic respect for diversity..

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

"I know many well mannered young people in the way I believe manners benefit society.

you are contradicting yourself, you go on about respect, yet your very much lacking the basic respect for diversity.. "

don't quite get that logic

over a year ago

Hmmm thinking laterally 50 years ago (even 20 years ago) how many people could you chat to? right now there are 16200 people on here apparently, let alone the mobile network and other communication forms that didn't exist back then.

Perhaps with the number of people trying to have a conversation these days people have to be more abrupt in deciding how and who with they wish to spend time.

Don't know, it's just a thought but perhaps...

over a year ago

"I don't get some people, I read a profile earlier that said "don't add me unless you message me" so I messaged, it was nice, polite, friendly, I asked to get to know them and that I hoped we'd become friends, the responce was "no ta", thats it, didn't look at my profile either, I don't know why I bother some times, some people on here are just ignorant and a waste of time and effort.x"

erm how do u know they didnt look at ur profile?? u can choose an option to not show on the looked at me section

so they r ignorant cos they dont find u attractive.. nice

over a year ago

"I don't get some people, I read a profile earlier that said "don't add me unless you message me" so I messaged, it was nice, polite, friendly, I asked to get to know them and that I hoped we'd become friends, the responce was "no ta", thats it, didn't look at my profile either, I don't know why I bother some times, some people on here are just ignorant and a waste of time and effort.x"

How do you know they didnt look at your profile?. You can prevent yourself being seen viewing other peoples profiles dontcha know?! But at least you got a 'no ta'...they are not interested,,,simple. They don't have to write a well-versed message simply explaining they are not interested, on the assumption it's what YOU want to hear. People are busy, why should they waste their time penning a long letter when they don't want to meet you anyway?A 'no ta' is good enough.

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

"I'm not taking it personally I assure you, just regret the loss of manners I was taught fifty years ago or more

Hmmm thinking laterally 50 years ago (even 20 years ago) how many people could you chat to? right now there are 16200 people on here apparently, let alone the mobile network and other communication forms that didn't exist back then.

Perhaps with the number of people trying to have a conversation these days people have to be more abrupt in deciding how and who with they wish to spend time.

Don't know, it's just a thought but perhaps... "

maybe

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Sorry good manners are not old fashioned so do patronise me. If ignorance is acceptable just because technology is modern, how sad

Think on old-timer..life isn't all about you! "

I really agree with most of what you said.. except I would not refer to another forumite as an oldtimer

over a year ago

The hands in pockets really sells your look!

over a year ago

"I know many well mannered young people in the way I believe manners benefit society.

you are contradicting yourself, you go on about respect, yet your very much lacking the basic respect for diversity.. don't quite get that logic "

do u understand what diversity is?

it basically means that we are all different, have different opinions, thoughts, likes, faiths, cultures, beliefs, habits, etc...

so respecting diversity is respecting that we are all different. so respect that we dont all see manners the same way you do.

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

All I get from this is how selfish society is becoming. It saddens me greatly.

over a year ago

Think on old-timer..life isn't all about you! if you have to ask those questions there's no hope! "

I was making a point, not asking for answers!...And there we have it, the answer to the initial post why people block you....

over a year ago

If i was in mid chat and nothing appeared out of turn, yeah i'd find it rather cowardly someone cannot make to time to say no thanks or they have lost interest..if they hit the block it only shows me that they are pretty spineless

communication is a two way thing..its easy to sort it out in a few sentences- everyone knows what to do when someone becomes offensive- its actually quite better to let the msgs come in so u have more ammo against the said perp, and get it reported

there ya go thats my opinion

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"All I get from this is how selfish society is becoming. It saddens me greatly. "
Think about it. Who is "society" - so who is becoming selfish? An anonymous group of people or perhpas just a few individuals that you had a bad encounter with?

This is what happens when we make general sweepong statements... they are rarely true.

over a year ago

"All I get from this is how selfish society is becoming. It saddens me greatly. "

please explain what you have seen as being selfish? this intrigues me as i find your "everyone should think like me for a good society" way of thinking to be very narrowminded and selfish and actually a very prime example of how old fashioned values and ways of thinking just dont fit into todays society..

over a year ago

Society is selfish?...because you are on a swingers site as a single old man and people block you because they dont want to listen to your inane waffling, pretty much the same as you have done on this thread. Quit whining, quit moaning and blaming 'society', take a look in the mirror, take yourself off to some quiet place, feed the ducks, have a picnic and have a word with yourself about maybe its YOU that has the issue about being unable to adapt to an ever changing world.

over a year ago

"All I get from this is how selfish society is becoming. It saddens me greatly.

please explain what you have seen as being selfish? this intrigues me as i find your "everyone should think like me for a good society" way of thinking to be very narrowminded and selfish and actually a very prime example of how old fashioned values and ways of thinking just dont fit into todays society.. "

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

I want it to be different but better..

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

I delete and block regularly as its easy and works for me. I havent been online much today but had 15 messages today when seen I was online briefly. It wastes my time messaging them saying no then getting a why not reply then me explaining I dont need to explain why.

Its faster for me to block as it works for me.

Sorry but the hi how was your day or the had much fun question is always boring. Am I meant to reply when they just see it as being friendly.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

To the OP - I do not see you as an "old man" - and neither would some other people so I would encourage you not to take offense.

over a year ago

"To the OP - I do not see you as an "old man" - and neither would some other people so I would encourage you not to take offense. "

The 'old' in my message was not meant to be offensive, it was meant in the context he was comparing todays society to a generation 50+ years ago, which is 2 generations in reality. 'Old' times, we don't live in anymore and should not be stuck in them.

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"All I get from this is how selfish society is becoming. It saddens me greatly.

Society is selfish?...because you are on a swingers site as a single old man and people block you because they dont want to listen to your inane waffling, pretty much the same as you have done on this thread. Quit whining, quit moaning and blaming 'society', take a look in the mirror, take yourself off to some quiet place, feed the ducks, have a picnic and have a word with yourself about maybe its YOU that has the issue about being unable to adapt to an ever changing world. "

Thats harsh and uncalled for,unless your just ageist and out to hurt someone for no other reason than you can.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

I think people block just to save everyone time as they have made a decision that things will not progress any further so block to prevent any further message exchanges that would only waste each others time

over a year ago

"I want it to be different but better.."

so 50 years ago disabled people were thought of as nothings and not human and had no quality of life.. there was still aparthide in western countries where we thought the colour of skin determined a person.. woman were classed as less equal to men.. children were abused cos noone saw the signs especially if the family were respectable church goers.. we didnt know about aids and HIV.. there was no NHS.. people died from diseases there is now cures for..

things change, attitudes have to change, technology has changed, mass communication has changed society alot, the world has become smaller.. u need to focus on now not then

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"To the OP - I do not see you as an "old man" - and neither would some other people so I would encourage you not to take offense.

The 'old' in my message was not meant to be offensive, it was meant in the context he was comparing todays society to a generation 50+ years ago, which is 2 generations in reality. 'Old' times, we don't live in anymore and should not be stuck in them. "

Ok lol... point taken

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

Not a problem, I hope you remember things you say today when you get older and reflect in them

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I've had unwanted chatter - replied, initially, out of good manners, then tried giving an excuse - going out, busy, got to get on with some work at home, etc, yet they continue to send messages. I even try a little smiley thinking what the hell are they going to answer to that but still more messages.

I try to ignore the message for a while but get more which also remain unanswered. Eventually the block button is the only answer to the problem as they just do not get it. I've even had it when I have bluntly said I do not want to chat!

Some people not only don't take a hint, they don't understand it when they are told directly!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Not a problem, I hope you remember things you say today when you get older and reflect in them "

over a year ago

"Not a problem, I hope you remember things you say today when you get older and reflect in them "

i dont see it as a problem.. i adapt now to the the changing world, cos it has changed so much from 20 or 30 years ago which i remember..

so i dont see why i wont adapt again in 20 or 30 years time..

but then i respect diversity

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Why is this turning into an OP bashing thread ?

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

didnt think it was

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

Don't get me wrong,I love the Changes we are going through. I'm a designer so use cad daily I love new technology hate bad manners that's all

over a year ago

"Not a problem, I hope you remember things you say today when you get older and reflect in them

"

there si and always will be good and bad things about every era in life.. think back to victorian times, roman times the list is massive..

but those times are gone so why waste energy reflecting on them, they arent going to come back.. they cant come back cos of evolution.. poor ur energy into living for today

over a year ago

This site amazes me sometimes!

No one has to explain there reasons for blocking you OP.. You must have taken it personally hence this long thread.. Get over it mate loads more people on here to chat to.

As for the other gezza moaning.. people saying "no ta" .. That's there right .. They don't need to look at your profile! Again there are plenty more on here to talk too.

There are to many people on here that think its a free for all where every message, wink .. Fab pic means a chance at rubbing uglies.. Not that easy!

Now someone make me a sandwich...

over a year ago

"Don't get me wrong,I love the Changes we are going through. I'm a designer so use cad daily I love new technology hate bad manners that's all "

but these manners you speak of are out of date

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"I can understand not wanting to respond to unwanted chatters, but why block, just say you're not interested...

I've had unwanted chatter - replied, initially, out of good manners, then tried giving an excuse - going out, busy, got to get on with some work at home, etc, yet they continue to send messages. I even try a little smiley thinking what the hell are they going to answer to that but still more messages.

I try to ignore the message for a while but get more which also remain unanswered. Eventually the block button is the only answer to the problem as they just do not get it. I've even had it when I have bluntly said I do not want to chat!

Some people not only don't take a hint, they don't understand it when they are told directly!"

i agree with you ,i have heard this many times that the refusal ,especially by single women can generate more traffic than they can handle due to the persistence of guys,trying to talk the lady around.

if i was generating 150 emails a day by saying no the block button would look appealing

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

"I can understand not wanting to respond to unwanted chatters, but why block, just say you're not interested...

Some people not only don't take a hint, they don't understand it when they are told directly!

i agree with you ,i have heard this many times that the refusal ,especially by single women can generate more traffic than they can handle due to the persistence of guys,trying to talk the lady around.

if i was generating 150 emails a day by saying no the block button would look appealing "

fair comment

over a year ago

also im pretty sure if the interent was around 50 years ago things would be pretty much the same with havign to block people

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Why is this turning into an OP bashing thread ?"
I am not bashing him lol... I am being nice to him

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

"Don't get me wrong,I love the Changes we are going through. I'm a designer so use cad daily I love new technology hate bad manners that's all

but these manners you speak of are out of date"

let me ask you a question. If you we're lost And asked the way, would you be offended if the person you asked just said get lost?

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

I resent being called old but I can cope with that! Remember we all get old, that's if one makes it

over a year ago

"Don't get me wrong,I love the Changes we are going through. I'm a designer so use cad daily I love new technology hate bad manners that's all

but these manners you speak of are out of date let me ask you a question. If you we're lost And asked the way, would you be offended if the person you asked just said get lost? "

it would depend on who i had asked and the circumstances around it..

in this day and age being approached by a stranger for what seems an innocent reason.. isnt always so.. but that is one of those sad changes in life and the person saying get lost maybe doing so for protection and not anythign to do with manners..

over a year ago

The only people that use the block button are the ones that think they are above and beyond ( stuck up people ) usually I can tell by the first few words of their profile just by the way they word themselves I figure my time is just as important as theirs so I don't waste either of our time by messaging them

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I resent being called old but I can cope with that! Remember we all get old, that's if one makes it "
I agree with you - I find it disrespectful in the same way that I would not call a 25 year old a "kid".

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"The only people that use the block button are the ones that think they are above and beyond ( stuck up people ) usually I can tell by the first few words of their profile just by the way they word themselves I figure my time is just as important as theirs so I don't waste either of our time by messaging them "
Probably why I only have a bout 20 ish people blocked lol...

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"The only people that use the block button are the ones that think they are above and beyond ( stuck up people ) usually I can tell by the first few words of their profile just by the way they word themselves I figure my time is just as important as theirs so I don't waste either of our time by messaging them "

The people who use the block button are those using the site facilities. Often they are also the ones who are trying to get rid of harassment.

over a year ago

"The only people that use the block button are the ones that think they are above and beyond ( stuck up people ) usually I can tell by the first few words of their profile just by the way they word themselves I figure my time is just as important as theirs so I don't waste either of our time by messaging them

The people who use the block button are those using the site facilities. Often they are also the ones who are trying to get rid of harassment. "

totally! safety should be a top priority on here! nothing to do with being stuck up..

i think some people should read those threads about abuse and harassment others have mentioned.. nothing odder than folk

over a year ago

I rest my case

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

"I resent being called old but I can cope with that! Remember we all get old, that's if one makes it I agree with you - I find it disrespectful in the same way that I would not call a 25 year old a "kid". "
exactly!

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

but these manners you speak of are out of date let me ask you a question. If you we're lost And asked the way, would you be offended if the person you asked just said get lost? "

Thats a fair point ,but the loss of manners as you perceive them are perhaps not peculiar to the internet

i remember people from the wartime generations bemoaning the fact they could leave there doors unlocked etc ,unfortunately times move on and so do values. Its a faster society with faster communications and ways of getting your message out.

People have merely adapted to the speed and the casualty is perhaps manners and etiquette.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"I rest my case "

What on? There has been nothing said to prove your case. You obviously have no idea what kind of messages and harassment many women on here get. The only answer sometimes is to block.

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

If I harassed someone I'd deserve being blocked, I never have and never will...

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

How very dare we block men? Its an honour to have message after message trying to change my mind after I've said no. I deserve the abuse I get for turning someone down. I shoudl feel proud that someone who couldn't even be bothered to read my profile has sent me a 3 word message!

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"If I harassed someone I'd deserve being blocked, I never have and never will..."

i dont think DB9 was responding to you .

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

"How very dare we block men? Its an honour to have message after message trying to change my mind after I've said no. I deserve the abuse I get for turning someone down. I shoudl feel proud that someone who couldn't even be bothered to read my profile has sent me a 3 word message! "
phew!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Agreed if no is given then that should be accepted, but no isn't always said!

Is there any real difference between being blocked and saying no and being blocked?"

apparently... one massages the ego more than the other.....

over a year ago

"I rest my case "

haha what case how has it been laid to rest.. ??

over a year ago

"If I harassed someone I'd deserve being blocked, I never have and never will..."

it has been said before tho that what u percieve as a polite chat and respectful, others may percieve as rude and insulting.. its that diversity thing again

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"How very dare we block men? Its an honour to have message after message trying to change my mind after I've said no. I deserve the abuse I get for turning someone down. I shoudl feel proud that someone who couldn't even be bothered to read my profile has sent me a 3 word message! phew! "
Well, for what it is worth - I dont block easily. I only really block when people become abusive towards me or aggressive in the forums. That said as I said earlier only about 20 ish ever made it to that priviledge of being blocked

I do not agree with the aggressive blocking and power up over men just because of supply and demand.

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

"I rest my case

haha what case how has it been laid to rest.. ??"

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"How very dare we block men? Its an honour to have message after message trying to change my mind after I've said no. I deserve the abuse I get for turning someone down. I shoudl feel proud that someone who couldn't even be bothered to read my profile has sent me a 3 word message! "

You have agreed with the majority of posts on the thread although i think its an over simplification of what the op was getting at,it was more a social comment of how times have changed rather than a woe is me thread.

over a year ago

"The only people that use the block button are the ones that think they are above and beyond ( stuck up people ) usually I can tell by the first few words of their profile just by the way they word themselves I figure my time is just as important as theirs so I don't waste either of our time by messaging them

The people who use the block button are those using the site facilities. Often they are also the ones who are trying to get rid of harassment. "

I was enjoying thinking I was stuck up

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"How very dare we block men? Its an honour to have message after message trying to change my mind after I've said no. I deserve the abuse I get for turning someone down. I shoudl feel proud that someone who couldn't even be bothered to read my profile has sent me a 3 word message! phew! Well, for what it is worth - I dont block easily. I only really block when people become abusive towards me or aggressive in the forums. That said as I said earlier only about 20 ish ever made it to that priviledge of being blocked

I do not agree with the aggressive blocking and power up over men just because of supply and demand. "

I rarely block too, probably because I make it clear that I won't be meeting. But anything abusive comes my way they get reported and blocked. I particularly enjoy it when they then get kicked off the site.

over a year ago

"Not a problem, I hope you remember things you say today when you get older and reflect in them

i dont see it as a problem.. i adapt now to the the changing world, cos it has changed so much from 20 or 30 years ago which i remember..

so i dont see why i wont adapt again in 20 or 30 years time..

but then i respect diversity"

Oh Bravo well said! For those of us that can adapt alongside society and technology it's not a problem. Yes, I still get nostalgic about how things were when I was a kid 30+ years ago, but I accept that that was then, this is now. Hold on to your memorys, no-one can take those away, but move forward. trust me, it will make you less cynical, less judgemental and you'll be a happier person knowing your with the present and shaping the future, rather than clinging on to living a life that is no more.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"How very dare we block men? Its an honour to have message after message trying to change my mind after I've said no. I deserve the abuse I get for turning someone down. I shoudl feel proud that someone who couldn't even be bothered to read my profile has sent me a 3 word message!

You have agreed with the majority of posts on the thread although i think its an over simplification of what the op was getting at,it was more a social comment of how times have changed rather than a woe is me thread."

It is a different era to when we were kids though. I find it odd that my children generation will friend all and sundry on Facebook, but they do.

This site isn't a tea dance where someone asks nicely for a dance and we are face to face with the,. It is an internet meet/networking site which allows us to make decisions on whether to meet for sex on very little information. the OP could have manners of a Marquis but if he messages someone and they don't like the message or profile then, to save time, its easier to block. Saves time.

What the OP should understand is that its not personal. Its not a jibe against him. Its just the way this site works.

over a year ago

"How very dare we block men? Its an honour to have message after message trying to change my mind after I've said no. I deserve the abuse I get for turning someone down. I shoudl feel proud that someone who couldn't even be bothered to read my profile has sent me a 3 word message! phew! Well, for what it is worth - I dont block easily. I only really block when people become abusive towards me or aggressive in the forums. That said as I said earlier only about 20 ish ever made it to that priviledge of being blocked

I do not agree with the aggressive blocking and power up over men just because of supply and demand. "

i have just the same percentage of females/couples/tv's blocked aswell proberly..

but then cos of the supply and demand of single males i eblieve it causes more abuse through rejection after rejection..

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"How very dare we block men? Its an honour to have message after message trying to change my mind after I've said no. I deserve the abuse I get for turning someone down. I shoudl feel proud that someone who couldn't even be bothered to read my profile has sent me a 3 word message!

You have agreed with the majority of posts on the thread although i think its an over simplification of what the op was getting at,it was more a social comment of how times have changed rather than a woe is me thread.

It is a different era to when we were kids though. I find it odd that my children generation will friend all and sundry on Facebook, but they do.

This site isn't a tea dance where someone asks nicely for a dance and we are face to face with the,. It is an internet meet/networking site which allows us to make decisions on whether to meet for sex on very little information. the OP could have manners of a Marquis but if he messages someone and they don't like the message or profile then, to save time, its easier to block. Saves time.

What the OP should understand is that its not personal. Its not a jibe against him. Its just the way this site works."

I can subscribe to that and sometimes in the heat of the moment things can sound a bit more aggressive than they were even meant to be

Hey what would the world be without us conciliatory ladies, eh?;-)

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

What the OP should understand is that its not personal. Its not a jibe against him. Its just the way this site works."

yeah i agree with everything you have said there,i just think like most of us the op is bemoaning the loss of a bygone era ,but we live in a fast world now and the normal pleasantry's jave to give way to speed and a diverse culture and age mix.

over a year ago

What the OP should understand is that its not personal. Its not a jibe against him. Its just the way this site works.

yeah i agree with everything you have said there,i just think like most of us the op is bemoaning the loss of a bygone era ,but we live in a fast world now and the normal pleasantry's jave to give way to speed and a diverse culture and age mix. "

but as i said, every era has its good and bad things.. and i listed many bad things from 50 years ago.. the manners of then wouldnt work today..

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

yeah i agree with everything you have said there,i just think like most of us the op is bemoaning the loss of a bygone era ,but we live in a fast world now and the normal pleasantry's jave to give way to speed and a diverse culture and age mix.

but as i said, every era has its good and bad things.. and i listed many bad things from 50 years ago.. the manners of then wouldnt work today.. "

yes they would just give it a go!

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

I do not agree with the aggressive blocking and power up over men just because of supply and demand.

i have just the same percentage of females/couples/tv's blocked aswell proberly..

but then cos of the supply and demand of single males i eblieve it causes more abuse through rejection after rejection.. "

yeah your right it does ,but then if you think of it from a blokes point of view ,off site you try your best chat up lines until failure is evident and the lady leaves either with a friend or someone else or gets the message across by yawning as you tell your lates banal joke.

In text its harder to gauge when to give up i guess, is no a definate no or maybe..

Perhaps the block button is the equivalent of a virtual yawn and the message is definite and definitive .

Either way it can be no excuse for abuse either way .

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/02/13 21:58:29]

over a year ago

but as i said, every era has its good and bad things.. and i listed many bad things from 50 years ago.. the manners of then wouldnt work today.. yes they would just give it a go! "

but what about the scenario we already spoke about, where someone asks directions??

so many people act out innocent things like asking directions so they can do distraction crimes.. so having the old manners will make u vulnerable in that situation..

over a year ago

but as i said, every era has its good and bad things.. and i listed many bad things from 50 years ago.. the manners of then wouldnt work today.. yes they would just give it a go! "

oh and maybe thats why the elderly are such vulnerable targets for crime

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

but as i said, every era has its good and bad things.. and i listed many bad things from 50 years ago.. the manners of then wouldnt work today.. yes they would just give it a go!

but what about the scenario we already spoke about, where someone asks directions??

so many people act out innocent things like asking directions so they can do distraction crimes.. so having the old manners will make u vulnerable in that situation.. "

if!

over a year ago

but as i said, every era has its good and bad things.. and i listed many bad things from 50 years ago.. the manners of then wouldnt work today.. yes they would just give it a go!

so many people act out innocent things like asking directions so they can do distraction crimes.. so having the old manners will make u vulnerable in that situation.. "

The ultimate answer is and always will be the same... Nobody has to justify themselves to anybody on here or in life should they choose not to. It has nothing to do with 'manners' or 'respect' it is to do with personal choice.

It could be seen as ill-mannered expecting someone to perform an action that YOU want them to do and in a certain way. How dare you expect anything of anyone? What gives anyone the right to label someone as ill-mannered, or rude or lacking in respect, simply because they share different views and ideas to someone else?

See the point?

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

so many people act out innocent things like asking directions so they can do distraction crimes.. so having the old manners will make u vulnerable in that situation.. if! "

well to the op ,if a lady knocked on your door and asked if she could call her husband if she pays for the call as she has broken down outside your house would you let her ?

over a year ago

if?

over a year ago

Simply amazing how many blockers come out to play I don't care for a lot of people however I atleast respect them and reply and I will never block a person

over a year ago

so many people act out innocent things like asking directions so they can do distraction crimes.. so having the old manners will make u vulnerable in that situation.. if!

well to the op ,if a lady knocked on your door and asked if she could call her husband if she pays for the call as she has broken down outside your house would you let her ?"

over a year ago

If people have blocked you that saves you from even having to read the first few words.

over a year ago

"Simply amazing how many blockers come out to play I don't care for a lot of people however I atleast respect them and reply and I will never block a person "

Its got nothing to do with respect.. Its about safety!

Its ab out protecting urself.

I love the irony of u going on about respect.. A bit hypocrytical after reading ur profile

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

so many people act out innocent things like asking directions so they can do distraction crimes.. so having the old manners will make u vulnerable in that situation.. if!

well to the op ,if a lady knocked on your door and asked if she could call her husband if she pays for the call as she has broken down outside your house would you let her ?"

probably, why?

over a year ago

"I resent being called old but I can cope with that! Remember we all get old, that's if one makes it I agree with you - I find it disrespectful in the same way that I would not call a 25 year old a "kid". "

that doesnt make sense tho.. the opposite of old is young.. calling someone a young person is not disrespectful so why is it to call someone an old person..

u say its like calling someone kid, but the equivalent would be to call an old person gramps..

there is a difference from stating the facts.. ie old and young.. and coming up with names for the situation such as kid and gramps..

over a year ago

"

?probably, why? "

cos thats the sad reflection of why criminals find the older generations easier targets..

By *tressfree OP   Man
over a year ago

Towcester

I'm not senile or feeble!!!!!!

Post new Message to Thread