Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Women

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What goes on in your heads? I need some insight!

Recently joined a new gym an happened to see a girl I met on a night out (nothing happened) and its been about a year since that night. She recognised me and came over an chatted.

A few days later I seen her again an she darted over to chat then messaged me on fb to get me to go to spinning with her so I took her up on it. We have been going spinning for a few weeks together, I always go swimming afterwards an she always comes in with me distracting me from my swim to chat.

After a long chat about exs and stuff like that she invited me to her cocktail party for her birthday at the weekend. After the gym I text her saying I couldn't make it but I asked if she would like to go for drinks sometime(text at 10pm). She didn't reply till 5 the next day "you going to spinning Hun? Do you mean drinks for my bday?" Was the reply

I text back saying I was going spinning an yeah if she would like to.

So I get to spinning an everything is fine between us no awkwardness (as I thought if she didn't want to go for drinks she might be off with me) there was no mention of going for drinks but she was like ill see you Thursday an make sure you make me come on Sunday?

It's probably just me being useless but I'm confused as to where I stand lol advice would be appreciated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ethany10Couple
over a year ago

falkirk

Mate, if you can work out what goes on In a woman's mind please post on here so we guys can know the secret!

over a year ago

Yeah I reckon I'd be a rich man if I could!

Normally I wouldn't be fussed but she's exceptional!

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

[Removed by poster at 28/02/13 12:49:08]

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Half the time I don't understand what goes on in my head.... Never mind telling a man!!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

All the signs are in place, forget the casual go for drinks approach, tell her you like her a lot (assuming you do)and invite her for dinner

over a year ago

I'd say the phrase "make sure you make me come on Sunday" was pretty clear!

Unless that was a typo on your part?

over a year ago

rather than arranging your drinks/whatever it is via facefook or text, surely its simpler and quicker to pick up the phone and ask her out on whatever evening, no ambiguity, no guesswork.

over a year ago

Ask her!!

over a year ago

"I'd say the phrase "make sure you make me come on Sunday" was pretty clear!

Unless that was a typo on your part? "

Unfortunately that was just a request to make her come to spinning!

over a year ago

"rather than arranging your drinks/whatever it is via facefook or text, surely its simpler and quicker to pick up the phone and ask her out on whatever evening, no ambiguity, no guesswork. "

Haha I wish it was that easy for me! I have a sort of phobia about speaking to people on the phone. I hate it, never mind having to stick my neck on the line, I would become a blithering idiot talking jiberish haha

I think I may bite the bullet an just ask her on Sunday

over a year ago

"

Ah well.

Anyway, do what Stokey suggested above. Actually ask her out, not via social media or text as that's just rubbish. Either in person at the gym or on the phone. Make sure she knows it's as a date rather than a friend thing, otherwise you're in danger of being in the "friend zone" for life. Particularly if she's as hot as you say and already moaning about exes to you. You don't want to end up as her gay friend. (not that you're gay, but you get where I'm coming from right?)

over a year ago

Ah well.

Anyway, do what Stokey suggested above. Actually ask her out, not via social media or text as that's just rubbish. Either in person at the gym or on the phone. Make sure she knows it's as a date rather than a friend thing, otherwise you're in danger of being in the "friend zone" for life. Particularly if she's as hot as you say and already moaning about exes to you. You don't want to end up as her gay friend. (not that you're gay, but you get where I'm coming from right?)"

Yeah I know where you're coming from! I couldn't think of anything worse than being "friend zoned" there's nothing more painful!

Ill let you all know how it goes

By *msmithWoman
over a year ago

bristol

"rather than arranging your drinks/whatever it is via facefook or text, surely its simpler and quicker to pick up the phone and ask her out on whatever evening, no ambiguity, no guesswork.

Haha I wish it was that easy for me! I have a sort of phobia about speaking to people on the phone. I hate it, never mind having to stick my neck on the line, I would become a blithering idiot talking jiberish haha

I think I may bite the bullet an just ask her on Sunday "

I'd be more than happy to see a blithering idiot talking jiberish whilst asking me out than a guy who text occasionally then dissapears and making vague flirts etc..

Girls tend to overthink things, so keep it simple. Do you like her? Enough to date her to see if there's chemistry etc? If its a yes to both, just ask her out!! In words of Russell peters 'be a man!' Well, words of the Chinese man in his comedy..

Anyways, what I mean to say is, girls are easy, we like going on dates. We like dressing up and being all giggly with our friends about a potential date. So ask her out! The worst that can happen is she'll say no, then at least you know where you stand and can move on to the next girl in your spin class..

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"All the signs are in place, forget the casual go for drinks approach, tell her you like her a lot (assuming you do)and invite her for dinner "

^ this.

She's given you signals so just ask her out on a proper date and make it clear it's a date.

...oh, and take her a birthday pressie

over a year ago

Maybe she just didn't receive your text about cocktails? Sometimes texts go missing. All the signs look good.

Ask her...and good luck!

Post new Message to Thread